• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZEST 4 |Netherlands| Armada, Zgetto, Amsah, Adam, Faab, Makenshi etc |29.08.2009

Ryuker

Smash Lord
ZEST 4 VIDEO THREAD

What was ZEST4?:
Zest 4 was a relatively small dutch tournament featuring about 71 players in Zoetermeer in the Netherlands. However it had a fairly large foreign attendance and featured some of the best players in Europe. Besides new Armada vids we have Amsah vs Zgetto, Remen vs Armada (taking the only match of Armada the entire tournament!!!) and more. And we have a lot of Teams goodness ^^.

Oh and sorry to disapoint you guys and girls but Amsah vs Armada did not happen cause Zgetto was to awesome !!

Results thread can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247050

About the vids:
This is the last time I'm recording a tourney like this with a dazzle dvc 170 platinum. Just done with that. I plan to have a better capture card by the time a next tournament comes.
I recorded in divx with a 8000 bitrate. Yet the vids got deinterlaced in the worst way and auto endcoded and resized or something. Thank AJP anton for figuring it all out. I only recorded the vids and send them over to sweden where all the magic happened :p. Big thanks again to AJP Anton for being so smart, helpfull and fast and being just awesome. Free cake from me next time we meet !!! ^^

About the commentary:
Didn't go to well in the end. Couldn't record one stream that run aside the video and apparently the quality is pretty crap. There up on the server for anyone willing to try to sync them but I'm not gonna bother with them anymore. Sorry guys :(

High Quality
You can find all the high quality vids on AJP's server. There about 21 mb per vid and much better quality then you will find on youtube. There currently the only way of watching these vids but when people start uploading and giving me links I can make a youtube list :). Can't do the uloading my self currently :).

http://ajpanton.se/ssbm/zest4/

edit: AJP took the liberty to make a torrent check out the link above to find it ^^

Youtube
The youtube vids are planned to be uloaded to one big smash EU channel. However I am not sure if it's there yet. If it isn't there yet please start one samochan so I can put a link to it here :).

1 vs 1
Bracket
Grand Finals Armada vs Zgetto:
Armada(Peach) vs Zgetto(Fox) FD 1 | youtube | download
Armada(Peach) vs Zgetto(Fox) PS 2 | youtube | download
Armada(Peach) vs Zgetto(fox) PS 3 | youtube | download
Armada(Peach) vs Zgetto(Falco) PS 4 | youtube | download

Losers Finals Amsah vs Zgetto :
Amsah(sheik) vs Zgetto(fox) FD 1 | youtube | download
Amsah(sheik) vs Zgetto(fox) DL64 2 | youtube | download
Amsah(sheik) vs Zgetto(fox) PS 3 | youtube | download
Amsah(sheik) vs Zgetto(fox) FoD 4 | youtube | download
Amsah(sheik) vs Zgetto(fox) FD 5 | youtube | download
Amsah(sheik) vs Zgetto(fox) PS 6 | youtube | download

Winners Finals Armada vs Zgetto :
Armada(peach) vs Zgetto(fox) FoD 1 | youtube | download
Armada(peach) vs Zgetto(fox) PS 2 | youtube | download
Armada(peach) vs Zgetto(fox) FD 3 | youtube | download
Armada(peach) vs Zgetto(falco) PS 4 | youtube | download

Thanks to Rannskita for uploading ^^.

Winners semi Armada vs Remen :
Armada (Peach) vs Remen (Fox) 1 | youtube | download
Armada (Peach) vs Remen (Fox) 2 | youtube | download
Armada (Peach) vs Remen (Fox) 3 | youtube | download
Armada (Peach) vs Remen (Fox) 4 | youtube | download

Winners semi Amsah vs Zgetto :
Zgetto (Fox) vs Amsah (Sheik) 1 | youtube | download
Zgetto (Fox) vs Amsah (Sheik) 2 | youtube | download
Zgetto (Fox) vs Amsah (Sheik) 3 | youtube | download
Zgetto (Fox) vs Amsah (Sheik) 4 | youtube | download
Zgetto (Fox) vs Amsah (Sheik) 5 | youtube | download

Losers quarter Faab vs Remen :
Faab (Falco) vs Remen (Fox) 1| youtube | download
Faab (Falco) vs Remen (Fox) 2 | youtube | download
Faab (Falco) vs Remen (Fox) 3 | youtube | download
Faab (Falco) vs Remen (Fox) 4 | youtube | download

Losers Adam vs Makenshi :
Adam (Sheik) vs Makenshi (Marth) 1| youtube | download
Adam (Sheik) vs Makenshi (Marth) 2 | youtube | download
Adam (Sheik) vs Makenshi (Marth) 3 | youtube | download
Adam (Sheik) vs Makenshi (Marth) 4 | youtube | download

Thanks Utto for uloading ^^

Waiting for more links ^^

Teams:
Bracket
Waiting for more links ^^

Enjoy everyone ^^

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Sorry about the quality, but it was the best I could do. Remember kids, always deinterlace properly! =)
And don't let the capture card drop frames. Some of these (fortunately only a few) are just horrible to watch.

edit: everything is up now.

Samochan

Smash Master
Eh, I haven't yet started that one eu channel *_* We haven't come to agreement if we should or if we should upload to respective country channels >.> The country one got more going on for it though, but finns don't really need a channel. Uploading dutch tourney vids then would be well, dutch job if you want to have them on an european channel or stuff, though if no dutch it up to the job, guess I can upload em to my channel when I get em once again. =)

However I have school early, so sleepy tiem. :p

J03

Smash Master
where is the commentary, as in where can i find it, im not arsed about it not being on, but i was so high itll be fun as **** to listen too

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Commentary tracks encoded. I have no idea what matches they belong to, so I just used the original filenames (.wav -> .mp4).
Good luck =)

Vegard

Smash Lord
keep seeding people, I'm downloading right now, and will continue seeding

nice job again, ajp, as always =)

Kone

Smash Master
AJP - nice getting the vids up man. Could I please ask a huge favour tho? I think the commentary me and joe did for amsah vs zgetto and armada vs zgetto would go down really well esp for america. We need some good commentary vids. If i watcht he matches and listen to the commentary and find out where it should be synched would you be able to synch them two matches?

The commentary is to good!

J03

Smash Master
looked in the commentary and theyre named teams 1-9, are the singles ones not up yet?

Ed- the commentary is absolutely awful quality, all you can hear is smash, an awful distortion sound, and a very quiet voice

all in all something went very very wrong.

Can someone please figure out wtf went wrong and stop it from ever happening again xD

Kone

Smash Master
Hmm is there anyway to make the commentary better quality? in the UK we've never knacked commentary up :/. I feel like ive wasted part of my life on talking for no reason. I couldve been drinking :/ Someone please save the singles commentary!

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I'm currently the only seed, even though I've uploaded 416% of the torrent. No hit-n-runs please, my upload speed is very limited (~400 kB/s).

I've uploaded everything Ruyker sent me. Maybe the teams# include some singles, I don't know.
There's nothing I can do about the quality, that's how the originals sound.

strawhats

Smash Master
I think Armada was at hs absolute best in this tourney, well besides Genesis. I believe he only lost one match correct. Armada is beast.

strawhats

Smash Master
I wonder how u would have done if u faced him. Then again by inui logicc. u lost to Zgetto who got absolutely ***** by armada so..... who knows.

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
that logic never works :( rock>scissors>paper>rock, different people do differently against different opponents

Zgetto

Smash Ace
Lol strawhats.. I felt like i could have take armada(atleast multiple matches)if i didnt mess so up so bad. and i think amsah would have atleast taken a match =/

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I saw those matches Strawhat, and even though I'm not an expert at Melee, it was quite clear Zgetto had the advantage a lot of the time (until he suicided).

strawhats

Smash Master
yeah u had a lot of chances to take matches but when it comes down to it armada is just ****ing beast. His combos r unheard for a peach player and he does that m2k **** where he just gimps u from the bottom of the stage(w/ peach what the hell) its stupid how good he is. And yet he lost to mango. Zgetto is still beast for putting up a fight against armada and beating amsah. Although, your prolly better than the guy nowadays

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
yeah u had a lot of chances to take matches but when it comes down to it armada is just ****ing beast. His combos r unheard for a peach player and he does that m2k **** where he just gimps u from the bottom of the stage(w/ peach what the hell) its stupid how good he is. And yet he lost to mango. Zgetto is still beast for putting up a fight against armada and beating amsah. Although, your prolly better than the guy nowadays
Well, obviously Armada is extremely good and better than the rest of the European players, but saying he got "absolutely *****" is a bit extreme.

His combo's were unheared of in the US, many American players can't get rid of their US perspective. He was very well known in Europe, and so were his gimps and combo's.

strawhats

Smash Master
When i say he got "absolutely ***** " I mean that armada destroyed his momentum and took adantage of his mistakes hence comboing the **** out of him. Jumpman unlike my fellow americans I have been watching European vids for along time. From the time of Helios Ek, Amsah.. then Rosx, CJ faced Amsah and Armada at Epita Arena 2. I have known about your scene for a while now. Its just armada makes peach look so nasty kinda like Taj w/. m2, or fumi with his/ her yoshi, even simna/nessby w/. their ness. These guys revolutionizedtheway their respective characters were played. I don't know who has mastered Kirby yet maybe King Kirb from Europe I believe. Anywho Armada's gimps just blow my mind b/c. peach should not be able to drop that far below the stage to gimp someone and then make ridiculous recover back to the stage armada's creativity in the battle kinda draws us americans like a mothto flame.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I was actually talking about the inconsistency in your posts. "Zgetto got *****", "Zgetto *****".

The second paragraph was about you saying his gimps etc. were unheared of (which they weren't). But anyway, this won't help the thread. Let's enjoy the videos :)

strawhats

Smash Master
Its all good. Zgetto knows he's the ****. Great vids. And good **** to Armada for winning. Good luck next time Zgetto and Amsah. Everyone else ggs (good games).

Top Bottom