• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero_Gamer Presents: Karate Explosion! (A Birmingham, AL Tourny) (October 17th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master

That's right, all you sick mothus! During my short stay in the center of the Earth, the Galactic Mooninites have created an inquery that I could not answer.

"Where the **** is Carmen Sandiego?

And then it occurred to me... host a tournament... And here it is!

Location Info
2565 Mountain Lodge Circle
Vestavia Hills, AL 35216
Apartment D

Prices
5$ Door fee (waived if setup is brought)
Brawl singles: 5$
Brawl Doubles: 10$ (5$ per person)
Melee Singles: 5$
Melee Doubles: 10$ (5$ per person)

Pot splits for all events are 60/30/10

Schedule
11:00 Registration opens
12:00 Melee Doubles
2:30 Melee Singles
5:00 Food break
6:00 Brawl Doubles
8:30 Brawl Singles

Melee Rules

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Green Greens
- Corneria

Banned:
everything else

Brawl Rules

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
*King Dedede is allowed ONE standing re-grab on Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Samus, and Bowser King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 35 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Lylat Cruise

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

Other Stuff

If there is enough time and interest I'll do a Blazblue tourney or something...

If you need housing, please post so that I'll know how many people are staying overnight.

Crews?????????

Since this is an apartment complex, please consider where you park because I don't want to mess with my neighbors. I'll see if I can reserve a good place for y'all to park.

If you need anything, you can call me at: 205-639-1191 (Just ask for Jason)

Hype!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
It should work out fine, but if I get a long list of interested/attending people then I'll consider making it a 2-day special.

Also, if it does become a 2-day special for each game then there will be extra side tournies (items on, low tiers, etc.) for each day.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'm already there, 2 min walk or 5 min drive. yeaahhh

I love the fees too, nice and cheap, just the way I like it

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Seems like something I may come to to warm up for that Halloween tourney.

Expect me there :)

EDIT: Also, make the Melee singles and Brawl Singles $10. I don't want a tiny *** pot. >_>

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Count me in as bringing in a set up. Or at the minimum a wii. I don't wanna pay the $5 entry fee on my low income of $0

Winnar

Smash Lord
Melee :D

Also oh shi, serin's expecting some cash?

...also almost 2000 posts...

...in like 3 months...

Posts Per Day: 27.91

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Melee :D

Also oh shi, serin's expecting some cash?

...also almost 2000 posts...

...in like 3 months...

Posts Per Day: 27.91
Not from Melee, from Brawl. I'll enter Melee for the lulz. Never done a melee tourney.

:( Wut? I talk alot... >_> But go look at Nya :3. She has ****ing like 30 posts per day.

EDIT: I lied. She has 21 posts per day.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Not from Melee, from Brawl. I'll enter Melee for the lulz. Never done a melee tourney.

:( Wut? I talk alot... >_> But go look at Nya :3. She has ****ing like 30 posts per day.

EDIT: I lied. She has 21 posts per day.
I lol'd

...hard

No but yeah I meant yay for melee tournament. I didn't think you meant you'd be winning melee, but eh I guess it is possible.

j00t

Smash Champion
You mean not if Sleepy's there.

...baw

Edit - I'm sorry j00t don't hate me ;-;
Meh, good point. :p

Handorin, you can try if you want. My Falcon manliness is almost up there with Sugoi Kawaii Moe Chan. But just in manliness. >_>;

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well i vote higher entry fees.

count me in for this actually.

anyone who plays lucario or olimar is getting MK'd
unless you suck then i'll go ness

Handorin

Smash Hero
Meh, good point. :p

Handorin, you can try if you want. My Falcon manliness is almost up there with Sugoi Kawaii Moe Chan. But just in manliness. >_>;
Who needs to be manly when I can just shoot lasers at you and run away? =D

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'm liking the ban on DDD's infinite cg, but in AL i've never really seen a problem with planking. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

And higher entry fees are ok, I suppose. I'm neutral on that.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Why should we care about D3's infinite CG? To help useless character make it to the second round only to get knocked out by MK, Snake, Diddy, ICs, and etc.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
If the infinite was on MK, Snake, Wario, and Marth instead of the crap characters, you would agree it should be banned, i bet. (well, maybe not you as a DDD main). Keep the good good and keep the bad bad.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol if I don't go to this then it would be a very sad. I mean I can walk to that venue. My only concern is I don't think it's going to finish, too many events, unless you expect their being next to none partaking in melee.

Handorin

Smash Hero
We could have more people enter Melee, and it would finish first.

Bets on that?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
lol if I don't go to this then it would be a very sad. I mean I can walk to that venue. My only concern is I don't think it's going to finish, too many events, unless you expect their being next to none partaking in melee.
Melee isn't a forest for campers to pitch their tents.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ill join melee and win.

whatsup?

im coming. ill bring a setup. mine is at janitors house.
we teaming.
we winning.

yeah, i guess i'll just win brawl too while im at it.
:/
sorry for being so sexy guys. i really wish you all stood a chance against my amazing once a week practice while drunk.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom