• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Tolerance; NEED MORE FOOTAGE *13%*

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
The way mine works is that I plug the Wii into the TV, and then feed the output from the TV into my GameBridge and onto my computer. The capture software shows the video feed but keeps the sound muted until you're actually playing back the file. Dunno if that's how it works with other programs, but that's about the gist of it. There shouldn't be any delay whatsoever in recording.

Garde

Smash Ace
I had an ATI HDTV Wonder (no longer working) and there was about one second of lag through my card (which was an actual internal card with a Break-Out Box), which is why I ask about capture lag.

I heard really good things about Gamebridge, but they've gotten really expensive nowadays (WAY overpriced, most I see are like $150+) in comparison to other USB alternatives.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
When you're recording on your comp, does it display video and output sound? If so, is there a way you can mute it while it's recording but still record the sound? The reason I ask is because I play natively on my monitor and have the sound being routed through my PC.
The Dazzle's built in capture thingy itself kind of blows, but they have a tool on the side in Pinnacle Studio 12 called "AM Capture" that's solely for capturing AVI which I use and with that they allow you to disable both the audio and video previews while still capping both.

Oh, speaking of stuff, I should probably forewarn you of the whole Pinnacle thing. They force you to cap with their tools, but the **** they give you to cap with will record in a format that can only be dealt with in Pinnacle Studio. It really sucks. So I dl'd the "Pro" version of Pinnacle Studio and it comes with a tool that allows you to cap into AVI, which I then throw into Premiere for edits/compression. If you wanna know how to compress the vids for youtube lemme know.

Garde

Smash Ace
Dang, it sounds like the Dazzle is a bit more limited than I originally thought. I found a Gamebridge for $70 which isn't so bad, so I figure I'll just grab that instead and save myself the headache of dealing with Pinnacle Studio.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Dang, it sounds like the Dazzle is a bit more limited than I originally thought. I found a Gamebridge for $70 which isn't so bad, so I figure I'll just grab that instead and save myself the headache of dealing with Pinnacle Studio.
On Amazon Gamebridge's are incredibly overpriced; I got mine for $20 +s/h from a vendor on eBay. Just keep checking.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Well I just remembered that the capture device in pinnacle studio IS a dazzle device. but I bought it with the software before because I thought that it would be good. I like sony vegas better. they Sell dazzle in stores for $50 I got mine at circuit city but since they went out of business because of the recession, I dont know if you are gonna find it that price anywhere else. I dont really use Ebay because I dont know if I should trust it.

There's no lag with my device. And I do a mixture of live and replay recordings. Im not able to turn off the sound when recording and have the sound still be recorded. I wish I could so I could listen to itunes -_-. And dang I wish I had 500Gb's of memory.

EDIT: Wow Garde, that's some sig you got there...

Garde

Smash Ace
So I grabbed the Gamebridge. I'm a bit curious, has anyone else that uses one experienced the sound going in and out of tune? I've messed around with it for a few days, unplugging cables and reconnecting, using a different cable (composite only) and no luck so far. The sound tends to go in and out of tune very frequently and it's sort of funny, but I'd rather the sound be normal.

Any suggestions, Cake?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, it seems as though when I go into full screen mode for the software (I believe it's InterVideo Theater or something like that), the framerate begins to drop. I tested the recordings, and they record fine (no frames dropped), but it's not ideal for playing through the actual software. I guess that it's okay, since I have both a composite out and s-video out on my cable and can route one directly to my monitor.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
The GameBridge will sound out of tune if you're playing directly on your monitor. After it's recorded it should sound fine.

sasook

Smash Champion
Hopefully I can get some decent clips to send...

Is it ok to upload them to filefront for download? My youtube quality isn't spectacular, as most of you have already seen (blurry ftl).

Garde

Smash Ace
Next time I play against the other ZSS player in my area, I'll grab some footage (forgot to save replays last time). He'll probably still walk all over me, but I'm sure there will be at least some good clips of him against my mediocre secondaries.

Bouse

Smash Ace
If you get an SD card, you can upload the replays onto it from your Wii. Then someone in here with the freetime to record can load 'em up on their Wii and record them. I can't... because my **** is modded and it'll screw up with replays.

Mr.Ious

Smash Cadet
I was pretty sure if you had someone's brawl and wii codes you could send it over wifi, too.
If you have someone's Wii code, you can use the "Send" option from the Replay menu

As much possible footage as is available.
Any preferred resolution/encoding or would you prefer the replay file over a recorded video to keep it all looking the same?

sasook

Smash Champion
An SD card saves the codes from the button inputs. It doesn't record actual video footage. So even a card reader wouldn't play a video file on your computer. You'd need an actual recording program (dazzle, gamebridge, etc.).

This is what I was told when looking for a way to record videos a while back.

Zero

Smash Hero
Yeah, what they're trying to get at is that they'll save the replays onto the SD card, upload them and someone with recording equipment will take them, put them on their Wii and record them.

I'll try and find some cool stuff to upload.

Top Bottom