• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Tolerance; NEED MORE FOOTAGE *13%*

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
TITLE: Zero Tolerance (Thanks to Valour for this)

Ok guys, here's how it's going down. I just finished my last midterm, and I want a project to work on. Unfortunately, I lack enough clips to make my own compilation video currently. Send me your best ZSS clips so I can work them into a board compilation. Amazing bloopers for the end is fine too.

If you can, upload videos to MegaUpload and send me the download links. If you can't upload the video, send me the replay at thenightmaren@gmail.com so I can record it. Also, send with the link the time frame (ex. 1:10-1:25) of the clip that you want in the video if you're sending entire matches.

ALPHA INTRO #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAUG7TN-FoU

Music:

Intro______________________________________VOTES
Santi-U - Yoko Kanno - Macross Plus OST____________________1
Flaahgra Battle - Metroid Prime_______________________5
GFed Trooper Battle - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes_______________ 2
Super Metroid Medley - Orchestral Game Concert #4__________ 0
Birth by Sleep - Kingdom Hearts (0:00 - 0:33)________________ 1

Body_________________________________________________________VOTES
Luca Turilli - Virus_________________________________________________________4
Fight Music - G Gundam
King of Hearts - G Gundam
Burning Finger - G Gundam____________________________________________________1
The Arrow Was Shot - "Tales of" series
Birth by Sleep - Kingdom Hearts (0:34 - 3:26)
What Planet Is This - Future Blues - Cowboy Bebop OST_____________________________1
Run Rabbit Junk - Yoko Kanno - Ghost in the Shell: SAC OST
Stamina Rose - Yoko Kanno - Ghost in the Shell: SAC OST (A personal favorite of mine)
Train Search - Yoko Kanno - Ghost in the Shell: SAC OST (Another personal favorite)
Essence of Metroid Prime Battle - Metroid Prime____________________________________2
24 - Jem
Metroid Metal Title - Metroid Prime______________________________________________2
Cruel Rose - Advance Wars: Days of Ruin________________________________________1
Flight of the Coward - Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Writhe in Pain - Guilty Gear
Holy Orders
Wrong Side of the Tracks - 65daysofstatic
Die Another Day - Madonna___________________________________________________2

Outro
All the World in One Girl - The Wingless - OCRemix
One Girl in All the World - The Wingless - OCRemix
Title Music - Metroid Prime
Tallon Overworld - Metroid Prime
A Sai En - Yoko Kanno - Macross Plus OST
Pulse - Yoko Kanno - Macross Plus OST
PIANO BLACK - Cowboy Bebop OST (Yet another personal favorite of mine)

Valour

Smash Rookie
Nice idea, I'd send some videos, but I have no SD card and the camera I use is of horrible quality. I would probably disgrace the video with my ZSS anyways...; you could probably use me in the bloopers section.

"Zero Tolerance" would be a cool title. I have some G-Gundam songs that could work; I'll send them to you if you want.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Zero Tolerance is good, I'll add that to the list. If you can, post YouTube links or upload the songs somewhere so people can say whether or not they like them.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If I ever manage to get some stuff recorded, I'll be sure to float it your way. This is a neat idea.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I have a pretty cool kill on my wii

the rest of the match is kinda embarrassing though.
How shall I send it to you?

I may have a match or 2 being recorded in a tourney that's happening in a couple weeks, but we'll see

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
good idea cake!!

For the music, I would suggest OC remixes of Metroid music, or even the OST itself, cuz let's be honest, the Prime OSTs are ****.

Now that I listen to them, I dunno if these are fast enough for a ZSS combo video, but hey, I think these are some of the coolest battle songs:
Intro maybe: Vs. Flahgra
faster pace: Vs. GFed Trooper

Credits music: Title, Tallon Overworld

You should probably divide up different people, giving them there own music. Or maybe divide it into combo styles, like having a dsmash section, edgeguard section, aerial combo section, suitpiece section, etc.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
good idea cake!!

For the music, I would suggest OC remixes of Metroid music, or even the OST itself, cuz let's be honest, the Prime OSTs are ****.

Now that I listen to them, I dunno if these are fast enough for a ZSS combo video, but hey, I think these are some of the coolest battle songs:
Intro maybe: Vs. Flahgra
faster pace: Vs. GFed Trooper
Essence of Metroid Prime is actually pretty fast and awesome. Space Pirates theme is really good, too. Probably a better intro piece in the beginning.

Credits in a MP theme should be Phendrana Drifts.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
Essence of Metroid Prime is actually pretty fast and awesome. Space Pirates theme is really good, too. Probably a better intro piece in the beginning.

Credits in a MP theme should be Phendrana Drifts.
I didn't include Phendrana Drifts or Space Pirates just because having played MP1 so many times, you run into a lot of Space Pirates, and I'm pretty much sick of it. That, and the first time I played through MP1, I didn't realize you could missile the ice blocks in Phendrana, so I was wandering around there for AGES, I've been thoroughly exhausted on that song, lol.

Essence of Metroid Prime is pretty much the same deal, beat that boss tons of times to watch the ending, etc.

However, you're right, all of those songs are pretty dope and should be added to the list of potentials.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
i also think this song in this video is good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPjIzw7sI1o
i dont know the name is yet but i left a comment asking what it was =/

cake there has to be a good intro. presentation is the most important aspect of a combo vid. (then the actual combos) u gotta make sure the clips are in sync.

EDIT: name is "faces" by "scary kids scaring kids"

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
i think the intro should at first show a short montage of all the zss' in the vid. like it will show one doing something real quick then quickly fade to to the next one and repeat. while playing strong music and showing the names of the people one after another in a cinematic trailer form. then i guess a white flash to the combos. i got the idea in my head. after getting this expensive movie program i just love being able to be creative and express my ideas. if you want i could handle the intro and send it to you and you handle the rest. like the idea's just burning inside me.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
i think the intro should at first show a short montage of all the zss' in the vid. like it will show one doing something real quick then quickly fade to to the next one and repeat. while playing strong music and showing the names of the people one after another in a cinematic trailer form. then i guess a white flash to the combos. i got the idea in my head. after getting this expensive movie program i just love being able to be creative and express my ideas. if you want i could handle the intro and send it to you and you handle the rest. like the idea's just burning inside me.
I'm using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0. I'd be using Adobe Premiere but the CS3 bundle I got didn't include it.

The one problem that we're going to run into is the 10 minute time constraint that YouTube has on videos. That said, I could always split it up into multiple parts, but I think that would really degrade the awesomeness.

Music-wise, I would want to steer clear of anything too lyrics heavy, although I do like Luca Turilli song. I'll go look through some OCRemix Metroid songs now, but I remember looking through most of them a while ago and not finding anything that really struck me.

EDIT:
cake there has to be a good intro. presentation is the most important aspect of a combo vid. (then the actual combos) u gotta make sure the clips are in sync.
Yeah I know. I spent a lot of time working on the intro to my own compilation video. There's about 1 minute of it and I spent a good 4 hours trying to decide what song and Metroid clips to use.

m0r0nz-inc

Smash Rookie
uhh, cake?
do you mean All the world in one girl, or one girl in all the world?
coz you've said OGIATW, but the vid you've linked to is ATWIOG.
if you mean the one you posted (which is the better one IMO) then here it is: http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01048/
anyway, good luck, sorry i don't have any clips :(

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
uhh, cake?
do you mean All the world in one girl, or one girl in all the world?
coz you've said OGIATW, but the vid you've linked to is ATWIOG.
if you mean the one you posted (which is the better one IMO) then here it is: http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01048/
anyway, good luck, sorry i don't have any clips :(
I dunno, the link from the YouTube video linked back to a different song, so I got confused. I had assumed the YouTube uploader got the title wrong.

EDIT: Ah ok I see where I got confused. I'm going to put up both of them though, because I actually do like OGIATW better than ATWIOG.

EDIT 2: Also, Charby sent me a replay through MegaUpload, which I think is probably the smartest way to possibly send them to me because you can upload them at the highest quality possible.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Yes, I know I'm double posting, but this is important enough that I think it deserves its own post. Basically how I want this to work is: I want everyone to vote on what song they want for the intro. Once that's done, I'll have a good starting point as to what direction the video should go in. I will give until 10:00 AM tomorrow for everyone to get their votes in. If nobody votes... well I'll just pick one I guess. Also, feel free to keep giving music suggestions for the rest of the movie.

Reasons I would/would not pick certain songs (I don't mean to knock on anyone's picks, these are just my personal opinions to show an example of how I would go about picking them):

Santi-U
Pros: Great ambience, I feel like it goes well with the Metroid air
Cons: Long, and cutting it short anywhere you don't get the full effect of the song

Flaahgra Battle
Pros: Straight from Metroid, pretty short, naturally fades out at the end
Cons: I feel like it's lacking until about 50 seconds in when it starts hitting the melody

GFed Trooper Battle
Pros: Good length, and you can fade out pretty much anywhere in the song and it would still feel complete
Cons: Starts off fast, and is consistently that speed

Super Metroid Medley
Pros: Sounds great
Cons: I just don't feel like an orchestral piece fits well into a combo video

Adapt

Smash Lord
I would pick GFed Trooper Battle

I don't think I have any way to ger a video to my computer from my wii. I can get the bin file of the replay onto a SD card, but I don't really have anything else

Adapt

Smash Lord
PM or post your email, I'll send it along. The last 10 seconds of my replay are all that matter (I played terrible for the rest)

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
man i had one more suggestion for a song: http://www.imeem.com/bluestah/music/lt9Bb1BK/kingdom_hearts_birth_by_sleep/

like we coulda use the whole song for the vid. intro and body (idk abotu outro) the intro would be the first 30 seconds. and the combos could start at 0:35. and i think it would match with zss' style and theme. and there's even a slow part where you could show some of the greatest parts with some slow-mo effects. then the music picks up and has a nice ending where you can exploit to add an awesome combo to end the video. (unless u want a longer video, in that case you could make this the 2nd song. and just edit out the intro of it.

but ill vote

intro: GFed Trooper Battle - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

body: Luca Turilli - Virus

outro: Title Music - Metroid Prime (that static/alien sound stuff in the music is annoying, do you think u could find a version without it if it exists?)

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Yeah, 3:26 isn't long enough for both an intro and body. I also want longer than 30 seconds for the intro too. I can throw that into the body suggestions though.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Ok I changed my mind I like that one speculosity just posted. It seems like a decent intro and you could just add another song in after it. Or it could be used for the outro.

Top Bottom