• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Tolerance; NEED MORE FOOTAGE *13%*

Paff

Smash Journeyman
What are you planning to have the outro be like? (This'll matter when we get to selecting its music.)

Also, will there be "bloopers" anywhere?

One final, minor suggestion about the intro: the flashing effect as each shot opens seems like it should be a bit faster, in terms of synching up with the music or something.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I'm still thinking about the outro, since it doesn't need to be finalized for a while. Hopefully bloopers. I can change the timing on the flashes easily.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I would like to change my vote to Virus by Luca Turilli, Having listened to it again I think it works better with the intro music (which I didn't really consider before).

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Ok, so Bouse voted for What Planet is This? and I haven't cast my vote yet. So far it's tied between Virus and Metroid Metal. I'll leave voting open for a little while longer since I don't plan on working on the video tonight.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
like metroid metal is a great song for the video, but i think we should save it for the the credits. it has that fire that would look good introducing the ppl who was in the vid doing some cool combo.

cake u still never answered my question. how many clips do you currently have and gotten from people? so i could know how much more i could send.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
like metroid metal is a great song for the video, but i think we should save it for the the credits. it has that fire that would look good introducing the ppl who was in the vid doing some cool combo.

cake u still never answered my question. how many clips do you currently have and gotten from people? so i could know how much more i could send.
Haven't gotten many at all. I want more diversity.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
yikes, I'm gonna throw my vote out there for MP1 - Metroid Prime Battle
edit: why isn't Madonna - Die Another Day up there? Wasn't it suggested by ph00t? If you add it, change my vote to that.

Virus... seriously? I would consider it if there was a no-vocals version, but I just don't think it matches at all. *shrugs* I would much rather prefer vocals like in Stamina Rose, very subtle and unobtrusive.

EDIT: I wish I could send some of my stuff, I just don't have a way of getting it on the computer... I might splurge a bit and buy a dazzle or something, I dunno.

Julz

Smash Apprentice
If I can vote, I'm voting for "Luca Turilli - Virus", after hearing it a few times I've grown to like it a lot. I think it'll be good for the main body especially with an intro like that. Vocals make the song good, keep 'em.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Virus... seriously? I would consider it if there was a no-vocals version, but I just don't think it matches at all. *shrugs* I would much rather prefer vocals like in Stamina Rose, very subtle and unobtrusive.
That's pretty much my opinion on vocals too. Also threw Die Another Day up there as well, but I think the vocals are pretty obtrusive in that song as well.

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
Quick question: About how long should each person's clips be? And after listening to virus again and again i still cannot see it fitting with the other choices well.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Imma put in my vote for Essence of Metroid Prime Battle, I guess. It puts something of a theme to the music.

Chali

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm changing my vote from Metroid Metal to Essence of a Metroid Battle because I think it fits better.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Weird, Virus's vocals don't bother me at all. And vocals haven't ever bothered me in other combo videos I've seen. And Virus is such a powerful, energetic song - it's very worthy of being set to lots of clips of ass-kicking and name-taking, IMO. So I'm going to keep my vote for Virus.

Essence Of Metroid Prime Battle doesn't seem nearly exciting enough, IMO. I suppose its upside is that it's Metroid-themed, but I'm not particularly a Metroid fan so that aspect of it doesn't appeal to me as much as it may appeal to others.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I have no good clips/replays of my playing at the moment (aside from one bit of shenanigans on a custom stage from an otherwise embarassing match from ages ago when I was extremely unfamiliar with ZSS), so I can't help much in that department. I might be able to get some after the 16th, though.

Ing.

Smash Cadet
I may b able to send some files but i have a quik question which end with a simple and short answer. im not a tech on comp but as u save files on your SD card. The files are saved as .Bin and i am currently wondering which program(s) runs them and what u prefer?

Ps: srry is this isnt the right place to post this kind of thing :confused:

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
I may b able to send some files but i have a quik question which end with a simple and short answer. im not a tech on comp but as u save files on your SD card. The files are saved as .Bin and i am currently wondering which program(s) runs them and what u prefer?

Ps: srry is this isnt the right place to post this kind of thing :confused:
You can't run/convert them. What brawl does is save the code that executes the movements you made during the game, not the actual video. So it recreates the match on the spot. Either buy a capture card or do what i was hoping to do; send the replays to someone and have them upload it for you.

ragnar0ck

Smash Cadet
Cake i'm going to send some .bin files to you via mail . I'm just going to re view them again so i only send good ones.
until when is it possible to send stuff in ?

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
i made another video showing more combos. idk if i should should be posting more vids though. like i dont wanna be the only one submitting vids (if so i'd just make one myself) . who else is going to be (or already is) submitting videos and contributing?

it's uploading now.

and cake did you use the SECOND picture of my font that I uploaded in the 2nd intro?

EDIT: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E20VSMN7

mosty against diddy

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Working on it. Nothing to upload really since there's not enough footage. No fancy effects, just clip after clip.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
Synch the video and music is the hardest part of the job, to have a nice video

Adapt

Smash Lord
I'm hoping to get some matches recorded on the weekend. Hopefully there will be something worthy of inclusion.

There is so few people here :( so there's not much to choose from

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
If i wasn't so busy I would start looking through my replays and recording more. Hopefully I can get to it pretty soon.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If I'm able to play much on the set-ups that are recording at the tourney this weekend, I'll try to make sure some of my stuff gets up.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I got a few games recorded at the tourney I was at today. There are 1-2 combos that might be worthy of inclusion. I'll post the videos when i get em.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Didn't manage to get anything recorded. I don't know if I have any opportunities to do any recording any time soon. I may have to sit this one out.

Top Bottom