• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Tournament Placings Thread (NO LONGER UPDATING)

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Shoutout to FK for beasting Phase 3. Any vids of you playing?

And did lee use any ZSS or Lucario in that tourney? They have him down for just MK

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I won a tournament today. (technically yesterday since it's after midnight.) 37 people entered, and I beat Seibrik. :D Uair is amazing vs. MK. ^^

It's been almost a week, I don't consider this double posting. SUCK IT MODS!

Man, these boards are pretty inactive...

Zero

Smash Hero
Are there videos?

Yeah, uair serves MK the ****. ^_^

Nick, think we should start a social thread? The only thread that will stay alive I think.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Are there videos?

Yeah, uair serves MK the ****. ^_^

Nick, think we should start a social thread? The only thread that will stay alive I think.
The ZSS social thread would just become a discussion of ZSS. This board is terrible at spam.
Except us in the ATL South.

:(

I'm going to a tournament today, wish me luck!
GOOD LUCK! Do well, or I shall laugh. :3
/*******

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Yeah GL guys. My next tournie is R3, 100+ tourney back in SF on the 20th, hoping to improve on my placings again. Congrats nick, any vids?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
My next tourney is Pound 4 rofl. Maybe I'll win it ;) /noway
Though, I will be giving a presentation there of something new and moderately exciting. Anyone who is a fan of Guilty Gear should definitely check it out if you are going to be there.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Good **** to us both. :D
Thanks. Are you finding ZSS more viable once again like I am? I realized that even though Side-B, D-smash, and paralyzer can usually be PSed on reaction, they aren't all so useless like I was saying they were. They have good uses in certain situations, and can punish some things when you make a good prediction.

One of the main things that's helping me out a lot now is my better ability to powershield - up air on reaction. I'm punishing moves that I didn't even think ZSS would be able to up air on the way up before now.

Share some of your stuff too if you can :bee:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Thanks. Are you finding ZSS more viable once again like I am? I realized that even though Side-B, D-smash, and paralyzer can usually be PSed on reaction, they aren't all so useless like I was saying they were. They have good uses in certain situations, and can punish some things when you make a good prediction.

One of the main things that's helping me out a lot now is my better ability to powershield - up air on reaction. I'm punishing moves that I didn't even think ZSS would be able to up air on the way up before now.

To be honest, I haven't been able to PS > Uair too much, since I don't practice much anymore, so my short-hops mess up sometimes. Basically, I learned that uair wrecks a LOT of what MK can do, so it made that matchup easier, especially with PSing. (PS > Uairing MK's Nair is amazing. Also, I always through she was viable, I just hate MK/Falco/Pika.

Also using Nair is randomly fun. (Only the back part. Killing people at 100% with it in bubble is quite funny. What a GOOD hitbox.)

ThreeSided

Smash Ace

NOW THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO HEAR GOD **** IT.

Keep going at it, guys.

BTW, I recently did something interesting that has actually been working amazingly once I did got used to it. I switched the X button to shield. PSing is significantly easier. It takes some some getting used to, especially since you have to use your thumb instead of index finger, but it becomes natural fast enough. It's like having an L/R button without a spring, only even easier, and it isn't likely to get banned from competitive brawl any time soon like it did in melee...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
NOW THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO HEAR GOD **** IT.

Keep going at it, guys.

BTW, I recently did something interesting that has actually been working amazingly once I did got used to it. I switched the X button to shield. PSing is significantly easier. It takes some some getting used to, especially since you have to use your thumb instead of index finger, but it becomes natural fast enough. It's like having an L/R button without a spring, only even easier, and it isn't likely to get banned from competitive brawl any time soon like it did in melee...
I did this three months after the game came out.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Yay, I won a FL tournament where I was the only ranked player.

And Snakeee got 13th(I think) at HOBO. Who's more consistent now?!

Just kidding, I suck.

Top Bottom