• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zenith 2013 - June 1-2 - Morristown NJ - REGISTRATION DEADLINE MAY 28 http://zenith.apex-series.com/

B-Town

Smash Apprentice
Great tourney, highlights for me:
- LD & Boom on commentary + LD playing on console
- Fireblaster actually showing up lol
- Boom going kb kirby + amazing, amazing clutch ledge DI
- A$ vs Sensei

Can we get vids or times to look for this stuff in the stream?
Saw some of LD's commentary. Really good stuff, should defintely commentate on top 4 with someone who's a more hype centric commentator as the 2nd

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Top 6 matches: http://www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments/b/411691308

Enjoy Pika dittos, Boom keyboard trolling, and even some good Boom commentary (need more Boom commentary)

Nintendude's pika needs to use uair more and dair less. Also going low during recovery before quick attacking is usually a bad idea since it cuts off your options substantially and thus makes you easier to read.

<Boom> I don't feel like commentating anymore
^worst part of the tournament right here

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Yo Sheer, you were NOT lying about Wizzrobe. We played ~6 matches. I only won one. He really, really knows his combos.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I feel like the current trajectory for this game's tournament scene is campy Pikachu dittos.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing, some people like that, but that is definitely the way things look now.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Thanks Sheer, I really enjoy commentating, Enough to choose commentating instead of playing a lot of the time during Zenith. Was really good working with Han and Greg. Hopefully we were able to do a decent job for our core group and at the same time help the melee/brawl/project M players make a little more sense of our (perfect)game.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't see the number of pika dittos going down considerable

but IDK how much they'll go up

I think as the mid-high level metagame evolves a lil bit we'll see more pika-falcon, that MU's pretty good for falcon

Commentators were mad good, I liked everyone.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
FULL RESULTS

1: SuPeRbOoMfAn :fox64: :falcon64: :kirby64: :pikachu64:
2: Sensei :fox64: :pikachu64:
3: A$ :pikachu64: :kirby64: (Link)
4: Nintendude :mario64: :pikachu64: :falcon64:
5: KeroKeroppi :pikachu64:
5: Stranded :falcon64: :fox64: :pikachu64:
7: Jimmy Joe :kirby64: :pikachu64:
7: Rain Shifter :fox64:
9: Han Solo :fox64:
9: Wizzrobe (Yoshi)
9: clubbadubba :falcon64:
9: greginator :pikachu64:
13: Shade :fox64:
13: Cobrevolution (Samus)
13: Fireblaster :falcon64: :mario64:
13: Skyfire :pikachu64:
17: weedwack :ness64:
17: xxWASxxSlash
17: lilleswing :kirby64:
17: valoem :pikachu64:
17: Komotonoto (Yoshi)
17: Jnatty :kirby64:
17: Karajan :mario64:
25: bloodpeach
25: chain-ace :fox64:
25: KnitePhox :fox64:
25: Swimmin Pool
25: Smash Jesus
25: Rockalockin
25: bcoopers
33: Maliki
33: zyzz
33: Zamoru
33: ArchonBatcom
33: BakersCake44
33: akuderka
33: hectohertz
33: omg.pancakes

[collapse="Bracket"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Pool 1"]

[/collapse]
[collapse="Pool 2"]

[/collapse]
[collapse="Pool 3"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Pool 4"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Pool 5"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Pool 6"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Pool 7"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Pool 8"]
[/collapse]

DMoogle

A$
I feel really really bad about not going Link against Kero.

I had a great time overall. It was a ton of fun playing and meeting against you all. I'll most likely come to Apex if I have a chance to.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Shoutouts:

1: SuPeRbOoMfAn
Too good. I will beat that puff one day.

2: Sensei
Awesome Fox dittos at the end of tourney, and your Fox is always great to watch in tourney.

3: A$
dat A$$

4: Nintendude
One of the few pikachus I actually like to watch. You wrecked me in friendlies, and your match against Stranded was one of my favorite sets in the tourney.

5: KeroKeroppi
Pika too good.

5: Stranded
Proud of you, bro. I'm still better.

7: Jimmy Joe
Awesome job getting 7th. Best commentary team ever? Yes. Also, great friendlies we got in. Good luck doing you know what.

7: Rain Shifter
We never played. :( Awesome in teams though.

9: Han Solo
You're awful.

9: Wizzrobe
Awesome, awesome Yoshi. You impressed me the most out of anyone I played at Zenith.

9: clubbadubba
GGs in bracket. You play a dirty, dirty pikachu. Nice job coming back after our game on Congo. I'll get you next time.

9: greginator
I don't even want to talk about our one friendly.

13: Shade
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude...best sets ever. So close.

Great friendlies and we did a pretty good job commentating too.

13: Fireblaster
Didn't play. Wish we had.

13: Skyfire
GGs in friendlies. Don't cut yourself short by trying to say that I was playing down to you or whatever. Also lol at taking your own stock after Sensei paused.

17: weedwack
GGs in friendlies.

17: xxWASxxSlash
Nice meeting you. Work on that Yoshi.

17: valoem :pikachu64:
We had like 1 friendly? lol

17: Komotonoto
lol come on. 17th? You got to be kidding me.

17: Jnatty
GGs. Nice kirby.

17: Karajan
I'm so sorry for breaking your shield on stream (not really lol, it was awesome). Thanks for everything else though. I wouldn't have come to Zenith if not for you. You're going to get a lot of smash the next few months.

You'll get that $1 one day.

25: chain-ace
We'll get those friendlies in next time.

25: KnitePhox
lol wtf is this ****? 25th? omg

25: bcoopers
GGs in pools.

Next tourney $200 MM

Nice meeting you.

33: hectohertz
GGs in friendlies

GGs in pools

Sedda

Smash Champion
Were Wizzy's matches recorded for 64? Sonic in PM is meh, I wanna watch some Yoshi combos

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
here are my shoutouts. only thing i have to say about the tourney overall is that it ruled. my one comment - pools is a great thing to have, but top 2/5 really left a lot of good players out of the bracket. top 3 would've been great. alas, maybe that'll happen for apex! i think a lot of people will agree on that. we just have to really be on people to play their pools out. i nearly DQ'd jerry (out of humor) for being 2 hours late hahah. had a blast though!

it was a pleasure doing samus dittos with you. showed me a lot of **** i need to do. i couldn't stop laughing because of how much you talked. MMM YEAH THOSE FLAMES. gj on first, hope to play a bunch more at apex!

why didn't you go fox against my falcon on stream? that **** was just cruel haha. ggs though, i hope we can play a bunch more now that i'm home. wish we had commentated together! we'll get 'em at apex.

ahh i didn't play you but great job on third, you had some tough competition!

thank you so much for the time you put into helping this happen. i also loved watching your falcon vs wizzy's yoshi. "just upb his jump...". we didn't play, wish we had

**** we didn't do our 12cb and we didn't play at all. goddammit i have to go to NY for a fest soon and WE WILL DO IT THERE. glad we did some commentating though

you comb your hair a lot. i don't think i saw you play, nor did we play...fauk

what was i thinking taking you to congo? you actually play that stage. sheeeit. great games as always, though, maybe i should've went falcon haha. one day i'll be in ny and we'll grab a drink and smash it up.

dude we played for like an hour straight and you've got a greatly efficient fox. i didn't hear any of your commentary, which is apparently all the rage, but i love talking to you while you play. it's just so natural, no need to focus on the game, so organic. great games we had

i'm glad we did commentary and talked and played and all that. you've got a damn good fox. we'll wind up playing at apex.

9: Wizzrobe
ah i didn't play you but great job. sucks you had to split your time up between all those games, could've spent more time with the 64 players

clubdawg millionaire, we had some fun games. you better make it to apex. also epic power shortage during your set with kero haha

S tier for gamefaces/DI movement

we didn't play :(

step your ****ing game up kid

you were the first person i played a friendly with. homies weren't kidding, you're good!

we didn't play. should've. over the summer fosho

also didn't play, what's up with that? falcon dittoing stranded was a huuuuge mistake. i'll see you and we'll play mo'. hopefully i'll get to vs your kb mario, FREE AS HELL

17: lilleswing
shrug - unless you're the guy with the colorful sweatshirt, in which case, cool kirby, we had fun friendly matches. if not, apply that statement to whoever it was.

17: valoem
it was between you and i to get to bracket and it was a damn good set. although i wonder if you'd've fared better against sensei than i did...

17: Komotonoto
**** we didn't play before i left. that's what kaillera is for!

we snuck those last few friendlies in when we were sweating like mongoloids. those were fun games. i definitely need to work on the samus/kirbdawg leflair matchup

that adapter was too sick and the hyatt having merry monks on tap was tooooo clutch. we didn't play but it's always great seeing you!

thought we were gonna play but alas we did not

ah man i barely saw you all day, you were running around all the time. thanks so much for making this work though, you and mike deserve major props

your grease is finna hold my controller's swag up for a minute. i need to pick some of that ish up. thanks for the unofficial stream, too, i hope i get to see my matches from that tv!

25: Swimmin Pool
ggs in pools

we didn't have any samus dittos! next time!

we will play in the summer

same goes for you

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
too bad no one invited me to this tourney

everyone's playing PIKACHU now? look like it's time to take another look at RAT DITTOS FOR INTERMEDIATE PLAYERS XD
Got any plans for other videos anytime soon? You should definitely make more instructional videos if you enjoyed doing that one. I found it really cool/useful, along with your movement videos, and definitely a cool way to brush up on the matchup, and get a little insight.
hell, Weekly malva instructional vids would make my week more that Game of Thrones!

Olikus

Smash Champion
I feel like the current trajectory for this game's tournament scene is campy Pikachu dittos.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing, some people like that, but that is definitely the way things look now.
lets hope this balanced game doesnt get all brawly =(

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
fun stream, having only 2 people get out made the matches in bracket pretty close....wonder how i would have done with my kb

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Don't think I ever actually got to play you :( Was cool to see you go KB for (part of) GF though.

Playing you in the bracket was the most intense and fun set I've ever played. Really came down to the wire and, as Cobr mentioned I had trouble holding back my enthusiasm/facial expressions

Really enjoyed all of our friendlies. Was able to take out most of your characters other than Pika :)

Don't think I got to play you, but great work in the tourney. Seeing that Mario shieldbreak was sweet.

Great games as always

Good work knocking me out. Was so exhausted after my set with Sensei that I couldn't even put up a fight. I'll get you next time.

Absolutely pro commenting team. Excited to rewatch all of the matches we commentated. Also obligatory johns about me beating you in the bracket but you still finishing ahead of me haha. Seeding fail.

Don't think we ever got to play but enjoyed the commentary

Our one friendly...heh

Never got to play. Also never thought I would see Yoshi down B used so much on the stage lol

Tons of intense friendlies...great matches and great meeting you

Overall a really fun tourney and it was nice meeting everyone. I think the average skill level of the tourney players is increasingly really rapidly. For me at least, there were no guaranteed wins and every game I had was really high level. It looks like the intensity of the competition is forcing more Pika dittos, which is totally fine by me. Pika dittos are mad fun (ideally on DL).

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Best part of the day: A$$ and Nintendude refusing to do a mario-link match on hyrule.

Nintendude next time you see me remind me about gas money.

1: SuPeRbOoMfA: Thanks for bringing out the keyboard. If you went kirby instead of fox you might have been able to win that set.
2: Sensei: Thx for the tv
3: A$: You seem like a nice guy
4: Nintendude: stop playing those other games
5: KeroKeroppi: play more low tier
5: Stranded: learn the mario matchup
7: Jimmy Joe: hey lets play next time
7: Rain Shifter (AKA LD): good job
9: Han Solo: I'm never going to sheild again lol
9: Wizzrobe: thanks for beating the **** out of mew2king
9: clubbadubba: Have you changed your mind about the adapter yet?
9: greginator: you are my new favorite smash player
13: Shade: nice fox, fun friendlies
13: Cobrevolution: dude friendlies on sunday where were you
13: Fireblaster: dude we gotta go across the street next time we pick you up
13: Skyfire: come to more stuff with the kero bros
17: weedwack: lets play next time
17: valoem: sorry
17: Komotonoto: yo stop eating all the ketcup chips
25: bloodpeach: sorry for taking your friend away
25: chain-ace: Melee is better than brawl. extrapolate from there.
25: KnitePhox: wtf how are you all the way down here you should play gay in pools
25: bcoopers: u r a vagina

Others: I cant put a face to you name so make that not the case anymore

Killer: Lets plan now for the next torny, find out who can drive you and then play with them in real life before the tournament so it is easier to convince your roommates to let you go play

DMoogle

A$
Best part of the day: A$$ and Nintendude refusing to do a mario-link match on hyrule.
His Mario's quite good. Mario's fireballs act as excellent projectile blockers, and (more importantly) largely hinder Link's exit opportunities in tough situations. Total speculation and I could be totally off, but I think I would get 2-stocked in that matchup on average.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
A ridiculous amount of matches were recorded, at least 4 hours of smash. Is it all being uploaded to the east coast channel?

great tourney, I love that matches are getting commentated and streamed nowadays.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
the knitephox setup had great matches on it. is the twitch stream going to get ripped? if i knew what i was doing i'd rip them myself but uhhh i'm clueless when it comes to that ish.

The Star King

Smash Hero
His Mario's quite good. Mario's fireballs act as excellent projectile blockers, and (more importantly) largely hinder Link's exit opportunities in tough situations. Total speculation and I could be totally off, but I think I would get 2-stocked in that matchup on average.
Pfft, Mario is free for Link on Hyrule. You've totally got that.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
A ridiculous amount of matches were recorded, at least 4 hours of smash. Is it all being uploaded to the east coast channel?

great tourney, I love that matches are getting commentated and streamed nowadays.
4 hours? More like 24 hours. We had like 3 setups recording games going at one point on saturday. I'd be surprised if the total footage was any less than 10 hours.

Sedda

Smash Champion
the knitephox setup had great matches on it. is the twitch stream going to get ripped? if i knew what i was doing i'd rip them myself but uhhh i'm clueless when it comes to that ish.
vgbootcamp/clastournaments will upload the matches they streamed

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I was always to tired and burnt out from hosting people, or work and have never done shoutouts before, so sorry that these are so long, but most of these shoutouts incorporate things I wanted to shoutout to players here who played at other tourneys with me. If you weren't at Zenith, but will be at Apex 2014, expect a pretty detailed shoutout after that, especially if I've met you before then..

SuPeRbOoMfAn
You are the coolest dude, always a good time playing teams with or against you, and it makes my day to run up and sneak a hit on you while you're beating up on Clubba or whoever else is on my team. Congrats on the win, and even playing really well with KB. You are on another level of understanding when it comes to this game, and it really is a pleasure to watch you play, or try to play against you! I'm sure I'll see you at APEX, and I'm excited to see more awesome sets between you and Isai.

The man. The leader of our NYC crew, you always rep us well! Nice job on holding off A$ for second, and almost forcing a second set with boom.. ****in DI hah. Glad to be able to play and hang with you as often as we do, you're a great guy and a helluva smash sensei. Next smash road trip, if i can make it, I'll def help with the driving. #ssb64 #brojs #nyccrew

3: A$ (Link)
Dirty, Dirty, Dirty. You bodied me in pools and in bracket. I heard you were good from clubba and he definitely was not exaggerating. your link is so good too, that match we had on hyrule was exhausting, but I really enjoyed it! Your skill and knowledge with ever character I saw you bust out is among the best, and you seemed like a cool dude. Looking forward to playing you next time we go visit my lady's parents in Oakton.

Always a pleasure getting to talk you. You're one of the most level headed cool dudes I've met since I started attending tourney's, and you're always busting your ass for us all to make sure they run smoothly. I'm always down if you need a hand with anything at events, just let me know! Getting to play you in friendlies is always a pleasure too. You're so good with every character, and your mario is super duper cool, even if you have to shy away from him in some matchups. If you get to re-watch your match with stranded somehow(I don't know if it is available anywhere :/ ), you'll hear me and Han going nuts watching the things you did to captain falcon. that shield break was awesome!! Looking forward to more smash with you buddy!

You are one of the nicest, coolest, and friendly guys I've met, not just in the smash community. You are a good big brother, cousin, friend, and roomate to all your smash playing crew, and it's obvious from the outside, and it's really heartwarming. They all look up to you, and for good reason. My girlfriend even said you seemed like a really nice guy when she met you in Brooklyn. I really hope we get to play more outside of tournaments. You are unbelievably good at this game, and have come so, so, so far. I saw obvious potential in you at Apex2012 though, and You're my inspiration for my eventual( and maybe very gradual), switch back to an original N64 controller. You're one of my favorite players to root for and be proud of you repping our North East crew.

Man, what a cool kid you are. You are too friggin fast!!. You have the most amazing fast character's. You definitely don't need to switch to pikachu, and I'm going to make a bold prediction right now. You are only what, 15? I never would sandbag, but typically in friendlies I don't have any patience and like to try out new things, but I have to try so friggin hard not to get embarrassed by you when all that speed, tech, and fluidity come so naturally to you. Hell, I don't know if I'll ever take another set off of you! I think that as you grow and get even better with this game you could make the faster characters the highest tier characters in this game. Some people think Isai's fox is better than his pickachu, so maybe at the highest level of play in a few years fox/falcon will rise above pika on the tier list. I think you could make it happen if it's possible.

D.I. Joe?

LD. good job on that 360 controller and gimping the **** out of me. I had fun playing teams with you, and against you. Your fox is really unique and I think you have an incredibly good feel for this game that is probably not obvious from and vids people may have seen of you playing. you seemed like a really cool guy, and your playstyle is pure, cold efficiency.

Great commentating with you, dude! You are another one of those guys who I would have to try so hard to compete with, but it seems to come so naturally to you. your speed and tech skill is undeniably world class- Nobody is seen breaking shields with shine as often as you are, and when playing you, your laser and platform game are like a wall. You are so hard to approach. Next time we face off in tournament is gonna be fun :)

Sheer and Tanklin weren't lying about you, if anything they understated how good you were! You went 2-0 against Nintendude in pools!! that is an incredibly difficult feat, and you are definitely only going to get better. Our tournament set was a lot of fun too, I finally got my bearings by the end, but you gave me a run for my money and forced a third game. I also couldn't take my eyes off of the TV while you were playing M2K in projectM. I didn't know what the hell was going on but your sonic looked incredibly good. It almost made me want to try project M.. almost :)

Always good to see you man. One of my first IRL smash community friends. We held our own (at times) in teams against Boom and LD, and it was fun to play the few friendlies when we got a chance. Your match with Kero was awesome, and I wish you stuck falcon, cause you seem really good at that matchup. You keep getting better at this game too. When I visit northern VA i'll def hit you up, and please please please let me know if you're in the NYC area.

Great doing commentary with you man, and I'm looking forward to our training sessions in NYC. It's never a good thing if I have to face you in tournament, but I always look forward to it. Nobody should sleep on you, cause you are absolutely dirty at this game, and you definitely have a bunch of great characters. Your ability to read your opponent and adapt is definitely your strong suit, and I think you are right when you talk about it's importance over tech,comboing- though you obviously do it all, and it's the combination of all those things that make a player really stand out. But we'll work on maximizing punishment and then our very cerebral games will get a stong boost. You are a cool dude and congrats on Miami, sorry you're gonna be leaving, but let's def chill/smash as much as we can for the next year.

We only got to play one single friendly, and you completed a nail-biter of a comeback with a sick tent combo!! You seem like a cool guy and you're right in brooklyn so **** all this not playing each other ****. I'm gonna hit you up when we play in NYC from now on. PM me your info if you're down.

My man, you have a nasty baby-girl, and she's so unique and different from my good buddy smash jesus' samus, and I always enjoy playing with you and weed-wack. You guys are constantly getting better. You're a cool guy and I'm definitely looking forward to having some beers with you and talking music, poetry, extra-terrestrial life, religion, or whatever the **** with ya!

didnt even get to play ya :/

Really fun playing friendlies with you and Maliki! you are always an awesome dude whenever I see you, and you are definitely getting a lot better! but I heard you and Knitephox had some beef in pools? you should definitely work it out with him cause you're both nice guys and he's an awesome dude who loves this game and definitely knows his **** when it comes to fixing/modding/repairing/whatever.

17: Diem Rae
17th and you didn't even show up to Zenith? this is wrong lol.

You guys definitely had one of the toughest pools. Not many players would have made it out with Stranded and Fireblaster in their pool, so don't beat yourself up over it . I always enjoy playing friendlies with you and you're definitely getting really good at this game. Your tech skill is amazing with ness and your falcon is becoming very dangerous, I can't wait to get together at rutgers with you guys again soon!

17: valoem
Jerry. The man. The myth. The legend. glad you showed up to this one(regardless of how late :troll: )! Another tough pool, but I thought it could go either way with you and Cobr, I hope that match was recorded so I can check it out. Maybe I'll bust out my samus if that's your weakness with pika! As always, I had fun doing pika dittos with you, it was an intense little set, and I needed to get that revenge hah! hopefully we can play more soon. Text me when you wanna get together man.

17: Komotonoto (Yoshi)
Banned from shoutouts since we didn't get to play :p Nah seriously though, you're an awesome ni66a bro. did i do it right? It was awesome hanging out with you at APEX this year. Tough pool for you too, but good job beating my buddy smash jesus- he's no slouch! Maybe I'll get my ass online a little more and we can play, I'd love to work on that yoshi matchup a little more :D

Really tough pool, you're getting really good at this game and I wouldn't be thrilled about having to play your kirby in a tournament set.. actually maybe I would be? I bet it would be intense! We both got to do a little.. how should I put this.."getting into the zone" before playing, but we need to do that together next time. You got my number so let me know when you're around the tristate area brother!

Steve, steve, steve.. what to say.. You are like the mad sciencetist of Chaos in the Smash64 community! We are sort of opposing forces that I think balance each other out.. maybe we need each other? ...Did this just get awkward? hah seriously though, As much as we have in common with things in general including a love for the game, I'm a purist and like things the way they are, where as you want to get all types of controllers working, mess around with range settings on console and c-stick macros(blasphemy!!!), play random stages and items, have boom use keyboard in GF, and make the Kero bros do DK dittos for a shot at winning a HORI. Absolute absurdity and it frightens me, but is admittedly a little refreshing. Kudos to you my friend. Smash and beers soon please.

25: Smelson
You didn't show up and helped cheapen my getting out of pools. FU!

We didn't get to play but you seemed like a cool duder, great to have new blood.. pun inteded(cause I'm corny like that)

Another tough pool.. who woulda thought Wizzy would run the table in pools? I maintain that you sir, are the man. I will be seeing you this summer in red bank for sure. Me, you, smash jesus, and hotdiggitydog are all from right near there. I know you've said you aren't good at teams, but you will be after this summer :D Obviously if you know any ssb64 players in the area that would make things even better.

We only got to play a little bit of teams but I think you did commentary for one of my matches and as always it was good to see you doing your thing. the OC consoles are absolutely the ****, so on behalf of the whole ssb64 community, I salute you. I heard some **** went down so you didnt make it outta pools but from what I know about you, you play this game for fun so you probably don't care, but I wouldn't look forward to facing you in a tourney match. Still holding you to that home cooked meal you talked about since APEX 2012! I'll be PMing you about my console as an OC candidate, and greasing knowledge.

Tough pool Ed. Clubba, Kero, and Komo. That was a longshot but I hope you had fun playing a couple tourney sets and friendlies all day afterwords. Keep practicing with me and be sure to be at APEX 2014!!

The kid actually shows up, plays his best, and is somehow lower than the two guys in his pool who don't show!?!
Hah tough luck man, but you're definitely getting better at this game. keep playing with all the great players around you and you'll be at that level sooner than you think. Sorry to go kirby on you btw.. Our friendlies with skyfire were definitely fun too, see ya soon man!

Commentated a match of yours and all I remember is too many B moves from pikachu. keep at it though man, we need new players around here :)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
thank you guys for attending! I would do shoutouts but I feel like there are so many people to thank. See you all at Apex!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
here are my shoutouts. only thing i have to say about the tourney overall is that it ruled. my one comment - pools is a great thing to have, but top 2/5 really left a lot of good players out of the bracket. top 3 would've been great. alas, maybe that'll happen for apex! i think a lot of people will agree on that. we just have to really be on people to play their pools out. i nearly DQ'd jerry (out of humor) for being 2 hours late hahah. had a blast though!
Shoutouts later but just a quick comment on this. It kind of defeats the purpose of pools if you let over half the players advance out of them into the bracket! Making it out of pools into the bracket is supposed to be an accomplishment rather than something that the "good" players are entitled to. It also makes for a super high quality bracket which I think we saw here at Zenith. Overall I'd say pools was a resounding success.

Many videos up here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGameBootCamp
and soon more will be here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/CLASHTournaments/videos
as well as ECSSB of course.

It would be helpful if someone made a video thread compiling everything.

oh btw, to anyone who placed in the money, there will be a prize money check mailed to you some time this week or next week.

DMoogle

A$
Just finished watching all my currently uploaded videos and the 2-hour semifinals+ sets. Pretty good stuff. One thing to note on my matches with Han Solo: I bargained with him that I would choose Link if we did Hyrule. I mean, I think I have a pretty solid Link, and I thought it would make for a fun and different match - which is was. When he chose Congo for the second set, I picked Mario because that's a really fun stage for Mario. Unfortunately, he had control over the vast majority of that match, even though I won. Props to him.

If I can attend Apex, I very likely will. I'd like to be able to meet and play against Battlecow and Isai there, among others.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Shoutouts later but just a quick comment on this. It kind of defeats the purpose of pools if you let over half the players advance out of them into the bracket! Making it out of pools into the bracket is supposed to be an accomplishment rather than something that the "good" players are entitled to. It also makes for a super high quality bracket which I think we saw here at Zenith. Overall I'd say pools was a resounding success.
i understand it, but i think 5 is just that pesky number - 3 is too many, 2 is too few. also i believe steve said it, that seeding points or w/e were put into use for pools as opposed to bracket - but the point of pools is, essentially, to seed for the bracket. so iono. i thought it was a great success as well, but perhaps if we had more people, then there wouldn't be that issue. i think that's the kind of thing we'd like to see at apex. but let's not worry about that for another few months!

Top Bottom