• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zenith 2013 - June 1-2 - Morristown NJ - REGISTRATION DEADLINE MAY 28 http://zenith.apex-series.com/

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Dear chain-ace,

Please be brutally efficient vs Pikachu. Don't end your combos with throws into edgeguards. Dair/uptilt/down-tilt/jab those ****ers until 70-80 then upsmash. And ****.

Sincerely,

SheerMadness

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Rumor has it i have a 2nd adapter setup now, and godmasterkirby and keyboard king might show up

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Where is everyone getting this about star king going? Are his parents going to take him there or something because he hasn't contacted me or Nintendude for a ride at all? But, if star king comes, its lights out for NJ/NYC in the crew battle.

Star King
A$
Nintendude
Clubba
LD

I just got chills.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
as i did with apex, here is the list from zenith as of 5/30:

NY

1. BakersCake44
2. greginator
3. hectohertz
4. Shade
5. Zamoru
6. KeroKeroppi
7. Stranded
8. Maliki
9. Skyfire

NJ

1. akuderka
2. bcoopers
3. Cobrevolution
4. Jimmy Joe
5. Sensei
6. weedwack
7. Chain-Ace

IL

1. bloodpeach
2. Han Solo
3. KnitePhox
4. Komotonoto
5. Rockalockin
6. Swimmin Pool

MD

1. ArchonBatcom
2. Nintendude

VA

1. A$
2. clubbadubba

PA

1. Diem Rae
2. omg pancakes

CT

1. Fireblaster

OH

1. Jnatty

NH

1. Karajan/Cmu6eh

MA

1. Smelson

FL

1. Wizzrobe

OoC

1. SuPeRbOoMfAn (Canada)

clubba, do you think it would be worthwhile to talk to all the people whose names you don't recognize and then write their locations down and add them to the player map? i'll keep a NOTEPAD handy.

also i'm probably going to get there at like 10.30 a.m. so whoever is around, FIND ME SO WE CAN PLAY OKAY THANKS

look for a scowling white male with tattoos and an apex tag

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yea sounds good. I'll make copy your list and anyone who isn't on the map will be by the end of the weekend. Btw, I'm bringing a friend from VA who isn't pre-registered, goes by "lil leswing"

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Hopefully cmu6eh's room (the boom room) is going to be adjacent to mine like we're trying to do. Friday night my room will have me, nintendude, sensei, greginator, and my friend lil leswing. Dropping A$ off at weedwack's place on the way up to the hotel, idk what's going on over there.

Oh and LD is probably staying in my room Friday night too.

Battlecow

Play to Win
damn

1. boom

2. sensei

3. A$

4. Kero

5. LD

fireblaster's a wild card, I have no idea how much skill he held on to

HAN SOLO can beat some people I guess it depends on BRACKET

Greg and clubba are also strong contenders for that 5-spot but kero's hanging onto 4

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Some predictions just for fun (excluding myself):

1. Boom
2. Sensei
3. Kero
4. A$
5. clubba

Upsets:
--Stranded does better than expected
--Fireblaster and LD do worse than expected
--omg pancakes comes out of nowhere and gets sixth

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
text me that smash room once you guys have it set

Keep in mind my place is 45 minutes away from the venue, it might not be worth driving there and back friday night. We can fest in New Brunswick.

Does LD play on an n64 controller?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I think LD plays on some other kind of controller, maybe even kb, but not n64 controller. LD is a total wildcard, and it really depends on who he runs into in the bracket (assuming he makes it there). If he plays the right people, he can do work, otherwise he could be out early.

Taking Kero down btw, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Boom is guaranteed 1st
Kero and Sensei are both guaranteed top 5

Everything else is up in the air.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Hopefully cmu6eh's room (the boom room) is going to be adjacent to mine like we're trying to do. Friday night my room will have me, nintendude, sensei, greginator, and my friend lil leswing. Dropping A$ off at weedwack's place on the way up to the hotel, idk what's going on over there.

Oh and LD is probably staying in my room Friday night too.
Once you check in just let them know that I'll want a room adjacent to you and I'll be checking in between 10pm and 12. If they don't believe you have them call me

B Link

Smash Lord
LD uses an xbox 360 controller. Most people who use a non-n64 controller online have their skills drastically reduced on the n64.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yea but most people who have used non-n64 controllers online in the past have had to use n64 controllers at tournies. Now LD will get to use an xbox360 controller on console.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Please don't let LD top 5 lol.

He struggles Z-canceling. Just pick a char thats hard to gimp and he's in trouble.

Go Wizzy!

Battlecow

Play to Win
dude LD is good. Really good. He wasn't as of like 3 months ago but I played him like a week ago and the dude is very competent

not flashy but effective. More power to him.

Y'all don't know how good A$ is tho. He's been derusting for hours a day and everything

Fireblaster is on that level where he might be able to take six months off and still beat everyone but Sensei/boom as well. Or maybe not.

Also kero might've gone super saiyan again.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Please don't let LD top 5 lol.

He struggles Z-canceling. Just pick a char thats hard to gimp and he's in trouble.
^this

If LD makes top 5 that would be kinda sad. I think he's only decent with fox and he can't really combo at all. All he does is grab ---> standing laser ---> fsmash edgegaurd. Just pick kirby and you can beat him easily. He also thinks everyone who beats him uses macros....he's not good.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
LD has gotten a lot better don't get me wrong. I play him all the time. He's actually getting decent with simple combos. He just can't link combos together that require z-canceling. So no dair combos and what not.

Too many Pikachus up there for him to top 5.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Maybe he has gotten better. Last time I played him was like last year, I refuse to play him because he made such a big deal out of beating me 2 times (the only 2 times we have ever played). Its's players like him that make quotes like this true : "instead of getting good at the game, people remember every single little friendly win and feel themselves reminiscing how they won 1 match in an online friendly s2j, Oct 12, 2010".

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Played A$ for like 2 hours last night.

SHOULD BE INTERESTING. Still predict Kero at #3. Him vs. Sensei will also be a close set if history is any guide.

B Link

Smash Lord
yea but most people who have used non-n64 controllers online in the past have had to use n64 controllers at tournies. Now LD will get to use an xbox360 controller on console.
If this is true then I think LD has a shot at top 5.

Also, fireblaster was a beast back in the day, he should do well unless he's hella rusty.

Sensei, I love you, but everyone would love to see the underdog win for once haha

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
So only the top 4 will be streamed on the "official" stream but why can't someone bring their own streaming setup?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I believe it's an issue of bandwith usage across 3 streams. At Apex there were also monetary contracts involved that prevented the use of unofficial streams.

Top Bottom