• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's jumping...

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer

Iris

Smash Ace
Even in the older video, she does some short double jumps. I think we're only seeing it being used to its maximum height when she uses her UAir.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well Zelda was the laziest character in Melee. I mean she didn't run. She hardly had a second jump. In fact her air dodge went higher then her second jump. Perhaps they're continuing on this trend of Zelda not really putting much effort into her fighting.

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, I'd be so pissed if they didn't make her better. Oh yes, I would be. God ****ing **** it.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Man. C'mon guys!
There still alot to be discovered! Lets not assume!
Alot of her attacks have yet to be seen!
WE GOTTA KEEP THE FAITH! =D

courte

Smash Lord
looking for such footage, and footage of her in SSE any help would be appreciated. Initially i came here to find out what shoes she's wearing... i think it's boots cuz i'm not sure, although i know theyre brown... BOOT kick

personally some character needs to have a Punt Kick F-Smash attack

Supersmashbro125

Smash Apprentice
The first video REALLY made me want to play as Zelda!!!I didnt see Zelda jump in the second (probably not listinin)but in the first video her jumps were HIGH! (definetly listining)

EDIT:I saw Zelda's jump in the second video actually (as i said i really wasnt listening:psycho:) and it look a bit the same as in the first video.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm... actually I would say that her jump looks a bit more like Melee-speed than the old SSE video. It seems slower.

Like Stiputation said, we have to keep the faith :p

Iris

Smash Ace
I always thought Zelda's jumps were very comfortable. The first one could definitely use a height boost, but the second was just enough to punish anyone who tries to dodge a FAir while falling. I wouldn't want her jumping at Falco height/speed, not only because it looks wrong but because it doesn't mix well with the speed of her aerials.

Iris

Smash Ace
I always thought Zelda's jumps were very comfortable. The first one could definitely use a height and speed boost, but the second was just enough to punish anyone who tries to dodge a FAir while falling. I wouldn't want her jumping at Falco height/speed, not only because it looks wrong but because it doesn't mix well with the speed of her aerials.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
I always thought Zelda's jumps were very comfortable. The first one could definitely use a height and speed boost, but the second was just enough to punish anyone who tries to dodge a FAir while falling. I wouldn't want her jumping at Falco height/speed, not only because it looks wrong but because it doesn't mix well with the speed of her aerials.
You may be right. If Zelda was quick in air, it would probably be harder to sweetspot Fair and Bair. I also think that Zelda is very comfortable to use in air, but a little speed boost wouldn't harm. She pretty much needs it, and I think that we would get used to it later if she did too.

so is she wearing boots or what??
no,assuming from some of the pictures in the Dojo that I have seen,she wears brown flats that the top reaches to about the ankle,and black stockings.they finally decided that heels were no good for the Hylian princess,leave that to Peach,she can run in them,at least.Zelda was never the type to run,but I always blamed the heels for that,she always,if you noticed closely,stepped on the ground with her heel,unlike Peach,who steps with the toe,then the heel.
so yes,we can assume she MAY be wearing either boots or the above mentioned.:colorful:

Luthien

Smash Ace
It depends. Were you able to short hop your second jump in Melee? If not, what if that's a new thing in Brawl?

Also, look at Zelda's momentum before she double jump. When I'm sent flying as Zelda and I double jump the opposite way, it doesn't go nearly as far. Perhaps that is a factor. Or it could be a total load of crap.

@ Princess Peach Toadstool: they're boots. See post 14.

Top Bottom