• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Down-B (not) Confirmed: Twilight Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'd laugh too. Personally I'm not bothered, and it would be a bad/silly choice, because Zelda alone with an extra proper special move would be far better than Zelda just putting on a Cloak and magically moving faster and having an entire moveset.

Cloaked Zelda = Overalls Wario. :-/ It's a friggin alternate costume and I doubt it'll even be in Brawl. It might be, but personally I don't think it is.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
so what if zelda transform in too shiek even if she dint in TP she have the great fairy magics moves which she dint use in OoT or in TP

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
This 'Twilight change' is a bit odd, especially seeing as apparently the moves names have been changed to reflect TP, I'm getting the feeling that we may end up just getting Shiek in moveset alone. She'll probably look pretty different and might not even be called Shiek anymore.

Though I guess no one really cares for Shiek outside of her moveset, so I doubt anyone would care anyway.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
so what if zelda transform in too shiek even if she dint in TP she have the great fairy magics moves which she dint use in OoT or in TP

The spells are only associated with the goddesses, they are not ACTUALLY the spells from OOT, this is proved by the fact the spells have been renamed to fit the Light Spirits of TP

Superlink: Sheik is basically an alternate costume =/
It's still Zelda under there. Everything Zelda can do, Sheik can also do. So everything Zelda can do, Cloaked Zelda can do.

Drake3

Smash Ace
It's still Zelda under there. Everything Zelda can do, Sheik can also do. So everything Zelda can do, Cloaked Zelda can do.
Chya. I'm not sure I get your point, Superlink. A disguise is a disguise.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Congrats, I was behind Zelda the whole time.
Were you now? I best that was sensational....

And while this may seem a little "extreme" I'd be careful about saying "It is Sheik" because how they have it translated ""Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Sheik transformation)" doesn't really say it is Sheik. It's a twilight princess version of the same concept. That could mean same character just as TP looking, or it could mean it's the same concept with an original TP appearance.

Has anyone considered that maybe all her "change" is this time is her changing into clothes that are more agile and have a twilight look?

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
I'd laugh too. Personally I'm not bothered, and it would be a bad/silly choice, because Zelda alone with an extra proper special move would be far better than Zelda just putting on a Cloak and magically moving faster and having an entire moveset.

Cloaked Zelda = Overalls Wario. :-/ It's a friggin alternate costume and I doubt it'll even be in Brawl. It might be, but personally I don't think it is.
Sheik = Overalls Wario :-/ "It's a friggin alternate costume" Logic Phail? Sheik WAS only an alt costume in OoT of Zelda, they decided to give her different moves than zelda in melee for some reason.

Dont expect sheik to come back named sheik or anything similar, this is TP zelda clearly otherwise they woudn't have gone through the trouble of renaming all her moves to TP names. Something like Zelda w/ rapier or cloaked Zelda is much more continuous with the series and is much cooler than sheik anyways.

Zone

Smash Champion
"Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Sheik transformation)"

Not all people who didn't want Shiek as part of Zelda's Moveset were Shiek haters. They just don't want shiek present to gimp their Zelda. Now that, that's out of the way.

Couldn't the quotes also just mean, "Twilight Version like Shiek Transformation"

Like "This is the Twilight Version, of her Shiek Transformation." You can kinda look at it two ways.

Kinda like "This is the Dr. Version, of Mario" and they give him the same moveset. Bah probably a bad example.

Just trying to point out it, it doesn't seem 100% conclusive that it's 100% shiek. Probably like 95% imo.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
seriously, it's a freaking twilight change!!! not sheik change or cel-shaded pirate shade, TWILIGHT CHANGE!
that means something from the twilight such as midna (kind of) or zelda gets filled with twilight.
They might have the sam moveset as sheik but will not be the sheik we know

Luthien

Smash Ace
No, actually. If Zelda could do everything Sheik could do, there would be no point to the disquise in Melee. Do you think Zelda has all that attack lag because she likes it? The fact that the movesets are different shows us that Smash supports the different body Sheik theory. However, they don't seem to support the different gender theory. Anyway, that's not important.

Cloaked Zelda would be Zelda with MORE lag if you ask me. Not only is she wearing the dress, she has another layer of clothing on top.

"Wait up, Link! I need to throw my heavy cloak on so I can run FASTER!"

:confused:

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I just wish there wasn't a transformation to begin with.
Whatever the hell you name it; Sheik, Cloaked Zelda, Midna, Tingle, it's not Zelda and it will detract from her overall dignity as a character.

Gah, whyyyy.

khalv

Smash Rookie
Twighlight Change... good catch when I first heard this a thought of Zelda giving her life so that Midna could live went through my head... maybe her final smash she sacrifices herself and Midna appears??? lol most likely not

Black/Light

Smash Master
Woww. . . thos has just been debunked.

They didn't even SHOW Zelda's B Down. . .Twilight change was some BS some d-bag told brawl central and they "confirmed it".

Back at where we where before. . .

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Instead of doing something from Twilight Princes, they should make Zelda transform into something continous that will last with the series. Otherwise the next SSB will have to change her moveset again. (That is if Sheik isn't in).

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Woww. . . thos has just been debunked.

They didn't even SHOW Zelda's B Down. . .Twilight change was some BS some d-bag told brawl central and they "confirmed it".

Back at where we where before. . .
Oh Snaps! I just checked the Brawl discussion forums and your right. Hmmm where does this leave us now? To the usual speculating I suppose.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
No, actually. If Zelda could do everything Sheik could do, there would be no point to the disquise in Melee. Do you think Zelda has all that attack lag because she likes it? The fact that the movesets are different shows us that Smash supports the different body Sheik theory. However, they don't seem to support the different gender theory. Anyway, that's not important.

Cloaked Zelda would be Zelda with MORE lag if you ask me. Not only is she wearing the dress, she has another layer of clothing on top.

"Wait up, Link! I need to throw my heavy cloak on so I can run FASTER!"

:confused:
Erm. I wasn't talking about Melee. Melee is not canon if you noticed.

I was referring to Sheik in OOT.
Everything Sheik can do, Zelda can also do. It's a disguise. THAT'S IT. She doesn't get l33t powers just because she put on tight clothes

Don't you think if Sheik was so l33t in OOT, Zelda would use it to fight Ganondorf. Sheik honestly has as much fighting potential as Zelda herself.

Eszett

Smash Cadet
Does anyone else have the hunch that, if Sakurai does a Zelda special moves update, he will make mention of the Down-B attack but not actually reveal who she turns into that day, assuming it's still a transformation attack?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Does anyone else have the hunch that, if Sakurai does a Zelda special moves update, he will make mention of the Down-B attack but not actually reveal who she turns into that day, assuming it's still a transformation attack?
LOL!

I can imagine him revealing everything but downB, and at the bottom of his post:

" DownB's been removed. We couldn't make everyone happy. So Sheik's been removed, and Zelda still isn't a full character. LOLZ@ EVERYONE BEING SCREWED OVER"

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
That would be tacky in Sakurai's part. I say like Samus, Sheik will be introduced that day as the down-B attack and we will have our first new picture of Sheik's design in Brawl.

Then she would be introduced as a character with her own profile and Final Smash, like Samus and Zero Suit Samus. It would just be that Sheik may not be selectable right off the menu. Or...being optimistic...like Wario, she would be a "costume" change that can be selectable after Zelda's 6 looks.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
What? Everyone says they don't get my logic, uhm... I don't get your logic.

Sheik is quite BLATENTLY not just an alternate costume. If Zelda put a cloak on, would she get an entirely different moveset? Does Overalls Wario have an entirely different moveset? We don't know, but it's almost definitely not different, I don't see why it should be.

I think you can tell Sheik isnt just a basic costume change for Zelda, she almost alters her entire physical appearance! Sheik is a lot more tanned than Zelda, and has red eyes, that is enough to tell you that Zelda uses magic to basically change who she is. Of course it's Zelda in "disguise", but I honestly don't think Zelda herself would move and attack in the same way Sheik does if she tried! Putting on a Cloak will NOT make her a ninja all of a sudden!

Besides, it's been "debunked" now anyway. Personally I still think Sheik will be in it, there's no other reason they would hold back her down B. Suspense I guess, but if they feel the need to create suspense, then they probably plan to "surprise us" with a redesigned Sheik.

Unless Zelda just doesn't have a down B :S (that would be hilarious... missing from all her previous info... and missing from the game too...)

Personally I don't care if Sheik is replaced by a new move, since I never use either of them anyway, but Sheik =/= Overall Wario, anyone can see that.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
What? Everyone says they don't get my logic, uhm... I don't get your logic.

Sheik is quite BLATENTLY not just an alternate costume. If Zelda put a cloak on, would she get an entirely different moveset? Does Overalls Wario have an entirely different moveset? We don't know, but it's almost definitely not different, I don't see why it should be.
Theres difference between pressing 'x' and 'y' buttons at the character select screen and pressing a button combo in the middle of a fight or whilst a fight is loading to change your character.

For all intents and surposes, Sheik is a completely different in Melee, Sheik isnt in the OoT storyline, or else Shiek would, in the Victory Screen have 'This game's winner is...Zelda with reduced breast size, male genetalia and a jumpsuit!'

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Exactly. If Cloaked Zelda won a match, I don't see it saying "This game's winner is: Cloaked Zelda who can move a lot quicker like a ninja for some reason even though that defeats the purpose of needing to wear much light flexible clothes for being that way!"

I just see it saying "Zelda".

Although to be fair, when you win a match with ZSS, will it say "Samus", or "Zero Suit Samus"? In any case it's pretty obvious why those 2 have different movesetd.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Where did they come up with the supposed quote about "twilight change" if it never existed in the first place??

Brawlcentral said they had several translators confirm it -_-

edit: yes I agree 100% cloaked zelda will NEVER BE a downB...

Luthien

Smash Ace
It. got. deconfirmed. by. someone. who. actually. bought. the. magazine.

Twilight. Change. does. not. exist. (not that we know at the moment)
A.M.E.N.

Did we really need 5 DIFFERENT THREADS ABOUT THE EXACT. SAME. NON. EXISTANT. THING. ANYWAY?.

I want to know the original translator's name who is to blame for this. I would like to devour his/her soul.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
dang :/.

well, i hope her special is duh light arrows now.

even if dat pictcha was fake, it still look awsome.

ps.

luthien, the zelda from twili in your sig/vid... i still wish that was the one in brawl, it'd be much more zeldaish.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
dang :/.

well, i hope her special is duh light arrows now.

even if dat pictcha was fake, it still look awsome.

ps.

luthien, the zelda from twili in your sig/vid... i still wish that was the one in brawl, it'd be much more zeldaish.
umm...

that IS the Zelda in Brawl...

*confused*

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
But the picture was real.
It was the Twilight Change that wasn't real.

You guys had be worried for a second.
If we AT LEAST didn't know her Final Smash, we would be back to square one. Dx

Luthien

Smash Ace
But the picture was real.
It was the Twilight Change that wasn't real.

You guys had be worried for a second.
If we AT LEAST didn't know her Final Smash, we would be back to square one. Dx
Yes indeed.

@ Ztarfish: Twilight Princess Zelda has really big blonde streaks, her face is a little less narrow, and the colours of her dress aren't as primary/extreme; there's more of a grayish/mature hue to them. And her eyes are slightly different as well (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom