• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Down-B (not) Confirmed: Twilight Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoFan963

Smash Cadet
http://brawlcentral.com/

Zelda's four specials are listed as "Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind, and Twilight Change." The thing is, Zelda doesn't have a twilight change in Twilight Princess. The translation for the final Special move reads: "Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Shiek transformation)" A rough translation says "Twilight version Seek Transformation". Seek is the Japanese version of Shiek, so there ya go. Multiple sources are confirming the mention of Shiek in those parenthesis.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
thats a good find. perhaps they will remake sheik to look more twilight princess style. uhg... i hate sheik. i hope sonic has the favorable matchup on her lol

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hope HAL/Nintendo realized the absolute folly in their Melee Zelda/Sheik formula (including the minor PAL rework) and not be ******** with it this time. I was hoping there wouldn't be a "Change" and she'd get Light Arrows as a standard special, but whatever.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Cool... I wonder what this "Twilight Sheik" will look like... o-o

NintendoFan963

Smash Cadet
Ah, I'm guessing you are talking about the Final Smash thread. Well I figured it was only about her final smash so I made this thread with it in the title

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Oh Well. Looks like she's all but on the dojo.

I just hope she's been nerfed to the point of death, so Zelda is the definitive character of the pair, like she should be.

courte

Smash Lord
i don't find anything wrong with shiek, you don't like it, don't play the *****, you don't like gettin pwned grow up
---------------------------------------------------------
OH SNAP!!!!!!! just lost my balls glad to see it but i dunno... now im kinda blech wishing that light arrows would be some type of B or Side B move, moving Naryu's love to Down B, and placing Shiek as a seperate characters

that said i can't wait to see This light arror in action, sure it sounds lame at first, but heck we'll just have to wait an see... a little depressed they aren't seperate, that would have been potential for a new move on each of them... at least they don't do the same :sorta: mistake they made with ZSS, but we have yet to see how her selectability will change
-------------------------------------------------
yea that's right i wish she was seperate and not dependant on zelda, even if it only makes sense since they are one in the same, but still seperate characters means more movesper character i suppose... i'll get over it though

and to the quote above me we can all agree in terms of power in battle
Bush> Soldier but who is it that actually does the work

politics must comes into play, and mages and mages because that's just who they are. What do you want a super buff mage with high STR and MAG?! madness is say madness

Undyingz

Smash Rookie
Oh Well. Looks like she's all but on the dojo.

I just hope she's been nerfed to the point of death, so Zelda is the definitive character of the pair, like she should be.
Zelda already is the definitive of the pair, it just happens shiek is more agile and a bit stronger. Best thing that could happen is that: a. both are balanced to each other so that not everyone is using sheik all the time and that zelda has some use to them. Or b. just keep it like melee :laugh:

could you link me to the threads about this that are in the Zelda section please?
Are you kidding me? It's currently the most active thread in the Zelda section. The one titled "Zelda Using Light Arrows (Final Smash Picture)". Since the picture and the moveset are taken from the same source, ya think they'd have mentioned it there? ;)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Zelda already is the definitive of the pair, it just happens shiek is more agile and a bit stronger. Best thing that could happen is that: a. both are balanced to each other so that not everyone is using sheik all the time and that zelda has some use to them. Or b. just keep it like melee :laugh:
Zelda was not the definitive of the pair. She was supposed to be. Zelda was severely over-shadowed by Sheik.

Iris

Smash Ace
A bit dissapointed, but I'm glad to see some information.

Zelda better not be crap this time around or heads will roll.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else find courte's post nigh impossible to understand?

Anyway, as all the other Zelda fans are saying: here's to hoping Sheik doesn't overshadow Zelda again. I'd really like it if the transformation mechanic was a viable technique.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
i disagree with zelda being overshadowed by sheik in melee.

clearly, if you knew how to use both, you could be fine with one or the other.

I personally switch between both zelda and sheik....its very effective once you learn the righttimes to change.

im just glad sheiks chances of returning just sky rocketed......a bit.

WOOT

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
i disagree with zelda being overshadowed by sheik in melee.

clearly, if you knew how to use both, you could be fine with one or the other.

I personally switch between both zelda and sheik....its very effective once you learn the righttimes to change.

im just glad sheiks chances of returning just sky rocketed......a bit.

WOOT
For the players that want Zelda as a whole character, Sheik over-shadows her. Zelda is left to be disabled in the smash world, Sheik is the barrier preventing her from becoming a full blown character. Zelda players generally don't like Sheik for this reason.

In my opinion, Sheik's chances are at about 99% right now.

Iris

Smash Ace
No, changing wasn't effective, ever, unless you were Zelda or needed to recover with Sheik. In actual fighting they never complimented eachother, Sheik had better combo potential, speed, movement, KO ability, and damage racking ability.

You could learn them both all you want, but Sheik is infinitely a better choice. Anyone who denies it has either owned the game for <1 week or is extremely biased.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I got to jump on the bandwagon with fellow Zelda users and say Sheik better not overshadow Zelda again.

I disagree Pokec Zelda was overshadowed. I'm not one to go for tiers but that doesn't change the fact that Sheik was top tier. Shouldn't they both be, together like they were suppose to be. Yet their seperate. For casual players sure the switching may come to play and many find it to be effective. Though when it comes down to a individual character Sheik was the better choice. As Iris said Sheik had everything Zelda didn't which is why not many really use her (those who do use her in tourneys your my hereos). You think we would be complaining about Sheik if she wasn't overshadowing Zelda? I don't see Sheik players complaining that Zelda is better then Sheik cause she isn't not even slightly well, except in the recovery department.

Anyways i'll still use Zelda no matter what. Let's just hope she is atleast up to par with the other characters.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
oh, i agree that Sheik overshadowed Zelda, in terms of attack power and speed and such..

I just meant that those who opposed Sheiks overshadowing coulve easily used Zelda in melee...heck, I use her now more than ever, only to see how "comfortable" I am playing as her...(shes not THAT bad, but when compared to Sheik, shes.........literally useless)

I, too, hope Zelda is buffed. Playing as her for the last while really opened my eyes to the potential Zelda could have.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
Ive always been a huge fan of Sheik....I just love her mysterious, "supa-coo" ninja-looking 'personality'..

Im just excited to see the design...

Im thinking its safe to say we'll be seeing an update of Zelda soon...tomorrow would be great, but Im sure we'll see one next week.

*crosses fingers for moveset*

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
To those who think Sheik is broken and unfair I say use her then, there is nothing to stop you for crying out loud.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
To those who think Sheik is broken and unfair I say use her then, there is nothing to stop you for crying out loud.
...maybe because we don't like to play sheik? Assuming you are a sheik user, why don't you play Fox? Or Falco? Or Marth? Or everyone?

blink777

Smash Journeyman
It's crap like this that makes me wish this thread weren't hidden from the "ZELDA forums, not SHEIK forums" rule... Honestly, there is so much wrong with your statement, I don't even know where to begin. Not to mention, discussing would probably drag this thread into a terrible off topic discussion of Melee Sheik.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Woot sauce, Zelda gets a leet FS.

I don't know about you guys but I'm just glad shes pretty much all cleared up.

-Onyx

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
zOMG!!!

She's only Sheik in ONE game...
TP Zelda and OoT Zelda are two different people...
TP Zelda does NOT transform...
Zamus = quick and agile... she's replacing sheik...
Sheik is NOT returning :laugh:

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
zOMG!!!

Right.. but it was just confirmed by corocoro that she still transforms into sheik.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok Pokec I see what you mean, btw sorry if I sounded rude in that last post I made.:)

You know it's not that easy, not all of us want to play as Sheik especially for the reason you stated. This is the ZELDA forums reason being is we like Zelda. I for one don't like playing as Sheik but do I hate her no. Is Sheik the sole reason why I like Zelda as a character no. So why should I give up a character that I like just to be a character who could win a few matches. Also there's no one stopping us from being Zelda either, so I think i'll just stick to her;). I'm just going to leave it at that.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
http://brawlcentral.com/

Zelda's four specials are listed as "Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind, and Twilight Change." The thing is, Zelda doesn't have a twilight change in Twilight Princess. The translation for the final Special move reads: "Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Shiek transformation)" A rough translation says "Twilight version Seek Transformation". Seek is the Japanese version of Shiek, so there ya go. Multiple sources are confirming the mention of Shiek in those parenthesis.
Ah, the fact that its "twilight version" of Sheik makes me feel that its not sheik at all but something like Zelda in robes with sheiks moves, (which would be 20x times cooler than sheik)

im ok with the transformation, just so that her special moves not be nerfed because of it

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
zOMG!!!

I'm going to laugh if Cloaked Zelda appears, and is not called Sheik.

laaaaaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom