• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda... TOP TIER?

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Zelda won't be top tier. I think if anything she'll be high middle maybe. You guys do realize you can escape her fsmash and upsmash right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4nuoFfza2w

Which leaves her with mostly that forward and back kick for kill moves which you can block then counter even if its sweetspotted and if she hits you with the kick and its not a sweetspot kick you can punish her for that.

I hardly see anyone else online playing Zelda cept for those in the "With Anyone" matches. in friendly matches I hardly see her. Most people go to Pit,Ike,Marth,Metaknight when they want to win a match.

I truly believe Fox still has her beat. He can spam lasors from a far and even if you reflect them back they won't hit him and Zelda's reflector doesn't last long so after its done your take damage from the lasor spam.

HT27

Smash Cadet
O_o... More like 12-15% per hit...
=O
I could swear that, last night, I was getting around 30 damage per hit when the distance was farther. Regardless, even 12-15 per hit is ridiculous for a move that is so easily spammable.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Just went in and tested again, max damage seems to be 16 =P I still think it's too easily abused tho. Really boring to play against a bunch of noobs that just sit in a corner and spam it >_>

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
**** f-smash.

It's all about U-smash.

Zelda is top tier.

No less then high tier.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Hey, all you fair weather Zelda for top tier fans. GTFO and go back to playing Marth.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
No. It's all about Zelda, Snake, Toon Link, and Wolf.

Marth is still top but those 4 are just crazy.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Zelda is probably going to be low High tier or high Middle Tier, but really people, she's not that mighty to be Top Tier.

HT27

Smash Cadet
Hey, all you fair weather Zelda for top tier fans. GTFO and go back to playing Marth.
I for one am not a fan. I'm speaking from what experience I have in the game. Her projectile is one of the best, her attacks have high priority, and she has a plethora of KO moves, many of which are not difficult to hit. Objectively, Zelda, if not top tier, is at least high tier. She has few real weaknesses... You guys say she's slow... she's not even that slow.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
for real tho. Why does it even matter if she's top tier, high tier or tier whatever? If your not going to play her then this topic is useless. If your having trouble trying to beat a Zelda player then you better find out whats wrong and start getting around it.

Her projectiles are easy to dodge or guard if your getting hit by them that much then you must really stink at this game. I've played Zelda players who spam Din's Fire and all I do it run in, dodge the attack then counter with a down smash.

Zelda has while casting and after casting Din's Fire so its not a big deal at all to counter it.

tl; dr version

Tiers are for queers. People aren't going to stop playing Zelda just because you think she's all and mighty. I for one am not.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
No. It's all about Zelda, Snake, Toon Link, and Wolf.

Marth is still top but those 4 are just crazy.
Uh... did you just contradict yourself? It's not all about Zelda at all. She's not top tier. She won't be top tier. We don't even care.

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
Definitely high in the ranks, but nowhere near the level of domination the Melee top tier had over the others.

I find it humorous that nearly every character board has a "_______ is high/top tier?" thread.

Mac2492

Smash Apprentice
Definitely high in the ranks, but nowhere near the level of domination the Melee top tier had over the others.

I find it humorous that nearly every character board has a "_______ is high/top tier?" thread.
I feel somewhat bad for Mr. Game & Watch...

hario.hige

Smash Cadet
I think her fastest move is dsmash? Unfortunately, she gets gimped by Pit/MK/Fox like characters who can just spam close-up moves all day and trade hits to their advantage. Pit/Fox/Falco/Ness/Lucas/G&W/etc. have her beat at a distance too.

On a side note, MK and Fox's dash attacks have some ridiculous priority for what they are.

She gets gimped once tossed above the opponent.

Once they learn to predict FW, that's a free PS to grab or smash or anything, really.

She just seems to lose to faster characters consistently. And by faster, I mean attack speed.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
I think her fastest move is dsmash? Unfortunately, she gets gimped by Pit/MK/Fox like characters who can just spam close-up moves all day and trade hits to their advantage. Pit/Fox/Falco/Ness/Lucas/G&W/etc. have her beat at a distance too.

On a side note, MK and Fox's dash attacks have some ridiculous priority for what they are.

Once they learn to predict FW, that's a free PS to grab or smash or anything, really.

She just seems to lose to faster characters consistently. And by faster, I mean attack speed.

This is where hybrid play comes in. Sheik isn't there for decoration purposes, you know?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964

I agree with this. i honestly don't see Zelda being used too much in tournaments. She'll usually be destroyed by the Melee tournament characters ( Marth, Fox, Falco). She might be high tier, but definitely not top. She's far too out-prioritized. Nayru's love tends go be your best friend against fast characters though.

Quite frankly, Zelda is simple to defeat if you know what you're doing. Din's fire can easily be dodged with right timing, a lot of her smashes are escapable, she's slow. She has many flaws under the surface of " ZOMG DINZ FIYAH!!!"

Once people fiogure this out, I imagine her to be high middle tier.

neji49

Smash Cadet
In my opinion(sorry I'm a bit of a noob, so no flaming), the only way Zelda could possibly be top tier is if she was counted as the same character as Shiek. You have the transformation issues, but still, she might.

ded

Smash Rookie
i dont think she will ever end up top teir, there Are to many charecters with chain grabs and good finishes to have her mucking up their land. plus she is just to floaty to deal with chars like spacies and marth, who can, and i have seen this take her from 10 percfent to dead in one long string of nairs to spike

neji49

Smash Cadet
i dont think she will ever end up top teir, there Are to many charecters with chain grabs and good finishes to have her mucking up their land. plus she is just to floaty to deal with chars like spacies and marth, who can, and i have seen this take her from 10 percfent to dead in one long string of nairs to spike
Just out of curiosity, who can do that?

Eten

Smash Ace
Nobody. More importantly, Zelda is the first character light enough to escape things like King Dedede's Chaingrab.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
She can't escape IC chain grab. She won't be top she'll be high middle if anything. Those of you who are complaining about Din's Fire really need to learn to air dodge and spot dodge. I get around Zelda players who spam Din's Fire so easily with other characters you'd think she was high low tier at best.

Top Bottom