• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Sweetspot Advice

Natural High

Smash Rookie
I'm having a little trouble with the F-Air lightning kick. I've practiced it quite a bit in between online matches, but when I try to do it in actual battle it only grazes the opponent.

I'm wondering if there's something wrong with how I input the command.

To hit a grounded opponent I'll quickly slide input while running the X-button to the A-button (default GC controller).

Is doing it that way wrong?

ftl

Smash Journeyman
If you're doing it fine offline, but can't do it online... ...maybe need to adjust to the lag?

Can you get it when you're just playing offline with people?

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
you can also use the c-stick for aerials, & try it out in traiining with enemy set to jump or run

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
There's no wrong way to land a sweetspot, it's really all situational. I find it easier to land a sweetspot right after fastfalling, since the spot is a bit high above on her toe.

If you're talking about practicing on the sandbag between matches, the sandbag is really easy to sweetspot compared to real characters.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I rarely use her fair..
Instead I (turn around jump) and bair my opponent..
Stale moves doesn't bother me cause it's not a spam move anyway..

Fair can be useful when ledge jumping back to the stage.

Bair comes out a little quicker than fair which makes it easier to get the timing and spacing right..

Use bair if possible! GOOD LUCK !!

TruBluNuMou

Smash Rookie
practice is good. Start with smallest opponents first, it teaches you where her heelbox is.

Villi

Smash Lord
I think it's good to learn the many ways you can time a bair or a fair and positions from which you can perform them so you can then utilize the best one for a given situation.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
The only sweetspot i struggle to get is the spike (Dair). I am yet to try in a proper match unless i'm winning. I have never successfully hit a fighting opponent with it, and very rarely hit a stationary one.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
The only sweetspot i struggle to get is the spike (Dair). I am yet to try in a proper match unless i'm winning. I have never successfully hit a fighting opponent with it, and very rarely hit a stationary one.
Fast-fall it whenever possible, and do it MUCH earlier than you would expect. It is in itself a laggy move, and furthermore, a meet-me-half-way move. Begin pretty much as soon as you start fast-falling, and it should work better.

Also keep in mind you CAN combo them.

Sour > Sour > Sweet works well. I have a vid of that somewhere.
Or sour > sour > footstool.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind that you CAN'T sweetspot a standing opponent with the D-air unless they're shielding (which you don't want to do).

Villi

Smash Lord
I was ****ing around in training room and I discovered that Zelda pretty much has a full body hit box in her fair/bair sour spots. I was just ramming into the CPU with backwards bairs because I thought it was hilarious, then I fthrowed him (marf) off the stage, stunned him a little with my backwards bair which knocked him right into dair sweet-spot land. I dunno if RARing a bair is just better anyway for that purpose (and more!), but she doesn't have the fastest turn around in the game and if they air dodge you can more bair doing. </dumb idea of the day>

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
Fast-fall it whenever possible, and do it MUCH earlier than you would expect. It is in itself a laggy move, and furthermore, a meet-me-half-way move. Begin pretty much as soon as you start fast-falling, and it should work better.

Also keep in mind you CAN combo them.

Sour > Sour > Sweet works well. I have a vid of that somewhere.
Or sour > sour > footstool.
Care to find that video? I think I've seen it somewhere as well, but I'd like to see it again :)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
LOL.... this just happened to me but the match went 4:00 minutes so I couldn't save it... but I mean... dude.. if you could reliable use this strategy to lightning kick it'd be pretty funny... anyway let me explaim my match:

Stage: green greens
me: Zelda
foe: lucario
last life.... both of us
lucario standing on the right side platform, me on the main one
one star block stands between us
I have an apple in my hand
the wind starts to blow toward him
I glide toss....
apple hits block
momentum + wind carries me off main platform
lightning kick
sweet spot
O_____________O (we all sit motionless)

raucus laughter ensues.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Care to find that video? I think I've seen it somewhere as well, but I'd like to see it again :)
I haven't uploaded it off my system. I don't think we're talking about the same one, but I do know the one that you're talking about :p

Top Bottom