• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Social Thread

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i know how to do it! lol theres an option in your preferences to show your smash4 main on your posts

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
is anyone here in the MD/VA area? also i didn't get a notification for the tag. i don't have Skype and i can't connect to the internet on my Wii. i know (and fought) people that have gone to Xanadu including a certain flashy Sanic main
I'm at UVa. No car, so I can't travel, but if you're ever in the area...I'll be at ECE next Sunday, so if you wanted to friendlies, hmu

Heero Yuy

#sweg
(super bump)

Ahoy, some of you probably know me from that huge Zelda Skype chat of ours. It appears that this social kinda died after we made it. :p I shall lurk in these boards some more, nonetheless.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
You know, your guys' skype thing is cool and all, but it kind of wrecks the purpose of Smashboards. Smashboards is where people come to learn about there character (most of the time), and you guys just kind of keep to yourselves and don't post much on the boards about what you have found. So, really, you are kind of denying some people (not necessarily Zelda mains, but people that play Zelda or secondary Zelda) metagame, techniques, and tips by keeping to yourselves in your "Zelda main only" thing(s). It's still cool that you do your things, but I just thought I'd say something...

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
I definitely can understand your concern on the topic, and that was definitely not an intention of the group. We definitely could post tips and such here as they arise but to be honest most of the current Zelda metagame is already posted here on the boards. That's also why we have the tips for fighting a Zelda thread to help those who would like some MU specific help. The skype group is much more just hanging out at this point. We could try to revive some old threads through. Thanks for posting your concern. We can definitely try to have more activity on the boards but it most likely will be in other threads as they cover the areas you mentioned.

Last edited:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
My Zelda brethern.

I bequeath that you admit me in to the brotherhood of sisterhood of traveling din's fire. My Sheik is gatlike and Zelda is a gatlike character so I figure I might as well complete the mastery of my other half.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
You know, your guys' skype thing is cool and all, but it kind of wrecks the purpose of Smashboards. Smashboards is where people come to learn about there character (most of the time), and you guys just kind of keep to yourselves and don't post much on the boards about what you have found. So, really, you are kind of denying some people (not necessarily Zelda mains, but people that play Zelda or secondary Zelda) metagame, techniques, and tips by keeping to yourselves in your "Zelda main only" thing(s). It's still cool that you do your things, but I just thought I'd say something...
Let me say that you aren't missing much. Whenever we talk about ATs or MUs or something, somebody starts a thread. The Skype is where all the rambly stuff happens, but everything important comes to Smashboards. It's a much cleaner way of documenting, and we love it!

Case and point, don't worry. We aren't hiding anything

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
HEY GUYS, THIS GUY MADE A HACKLESS VERSION OF PM THAT WORKS WITH WIIMMFI!!! HERE IS THE DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3da0fvmf1849trd/Project M Wifi Hackless.rar

You'll need either Winzip or 7zip to extract the file, though. You can get 7zip here: http://www.7-zip.org/
I use 7zip, and it works perfectly.
Thank you so much. I noticed there was also a hackless method that was posted in that thread discussing WIIMFI. Do you know if there are any differences?

D

Deleted member

What's the general consensus over Zelda's current downB round these parts?

Are there any legitimately good reasons for why it should stay the same?

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
...well I love shielda if that counts for anything.
I love the fact that I can force my opponent to adapt to 2 characters mid match, and if one fails the other picks up the pace.
when zelda is at high percent switch to sheik, or w/e ur fancy

Edit: at my last tourney I was owning this game and watch with zelda, then I hear in the background from one of his friends. "yah zelda's upB cancel is really good".
So I switched immediately to sheik and destroyed. It was a good way to show them that they just have to improve.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
Hi all! I plan to start posting here more often and sharing what I know and learned about Zelda. As some may know, I've been a Zelda main for long while now, since Late Summer/Early Fall last year, when I was in Maryland and playing at Xanadu. I'm back home in Pittsburgh now, and have been active here since. I haven't been too active on smashboards in a while, and I want to change that. Hope you guys accept me in :3

P.S. I live fairly close to Zhime (like an hour and a half). We are going to try to meet up and train together once in a while since we are somewhat close to each other. I'll also be attending CEO this year, so if any of you are going, be sure to say hello!

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Hey Zelda mains.

I'm wondering, what is the generally agreed upon best version of Zelda? Did she have anything notable in previous versions (i.e. like Charizard's 2.5 infinite glide) that has since been taken out? I'm making a custom version of P:M with the best versions of all characters in it. Thanks again!

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Hey Zelda mains.

I'm wondering, what is the generally agreed upon best version of Zelda? Did she have anything notable in previous versions (i.e. like Charizard's 2.5 infinite glide) that has since been taken out? I'm making a custom version of P:M with the best versions of all characters in it. Thanks again!
Honestly, the best version is probably 3.0.

Although, there was ONE change (from 2.6b to 3.0, Nayru's Love no longer had completely lagless land cancelling.) that was removed that was nice, but not a real change to warrant that version being better. Besides, 2.6b had a very slightly worse (combo-wise) ftilt. But again, not a true warranting change.

Last edited:

Hebi

Smash Rookie
I prefer having the Ftilt. Nayru's doesn't really need anymore help considering the amount of things you can do with it that aren't "panic button" related, and having a little more combo ability in the kit leaves Zelda being pretty well rounded offensively.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I never got the chance to play PM before 3.0, so I'm just going off of reading BJN's post. But I'd imagine post 3.0 Zelda would be better, if those were the only changes; F-tilt is essential for combos, and you can still land-cancel Nayrus...it's just not as quick. From what I've seen of PM 2.6 Zeldas in vids, land-cancelled Nayrus into U-smash was pretty much inescapable at low-mid %s, so it did seem pretty unbalanced in her favor. Against fast-fallers (spacies/falcon/roy), 2.6 would probably be more effective for that reason, and 3.0 would be better for the rest of the cast. Just imo, and from judging from how she seemed to handle spacies a bit more easily in 2.6. I guess you could make your own decision based off of which you'd rather prioritize.

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
Din's mines also did 8% damage instead of the current 6%. I don't believe 2.6b had the transformation detonation feature for din's mines. Honestly I think many of us are for the most part happy with how she is now, and would like her to be given more time for observational research and data gathering for how she will hold up in tournaments. That was my recommendation in the Zelda Balancing and MU thread I wrote a little while back. If you aren't going to combine any of the builds but rather are taking her from which a specific build I would definitely recommend taking the 3.0 build over 2.6b. Although the little extra din's damage and slightly quicker Nayru's time was nice, a better combo functioning f-tilt and transformation detonation of din's definitely outweighs what was lost in my opinion. Plus part of the purpose of the transformation detonation is to encourage more Sheilda play and potentially giving it more of an immediate reward.

PoTheDragonSlayer

Smash Cadet
If I may be so bold in asking the current 3.5 Zelda playtesters and the PMBR: Why Zhime, one of the best PM Zelda players, and a previous PM Back Roomer who helped design Zelda, is not on board with the changes that are supposedly coming for 3.5 Zelda? What's more sad is that it doesn't look like he has any intention on playing PM once 3.5 is released for reasons I cannot say, or do not know.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
Probably because PM balance can be a total joke, especially consider most of the devs are not even that amazing at their own game <_<. Its the main reason I don't actively practice PM and only play at events.

Last edited:

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
Basically design differences.
We got new ppl who probably dont even have zelda as a main or secondary.we just gotta wait for it to come out and when the new ppl designing her see that their design doesn't work...

Then we can just say
[colbert gif with giant sign "I TOLD YOU SO"]
Besides in PM its always good to have a secondary that compliments your main. Just think of being forced to get one

edit: took out colbert gif, cuz it'll get old soon and ppl will forget this is the "social thread" lol

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I wonder why (At this point) the PMBR is still acting like these Zelda changes don't exist. >_> I mean, Zhime half-past confirmed it himself.
I'm just waiting for the "Special PM webite blog post" similar to the ones given to Ike, Pit, and Charizard(?) after 2.1.

Honestly, at this point, I'd rather look like those fools in late december 2012 when the world didn't end than lose the Zelda that is already FINE. Because losing this Zelda pretty much is the end of my P:M 'world'.

I'd probably quit playing for sure and just ghost around the boards and Fuujin anyone who thinks the "new" Zelda is good.

Last edited:

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
Ive heard from many people that she is losing teledash, refreshing of dins, and the startup invincibility frames on nayrus? Is there some truth in this? If so she will more than likely be the worst character in 3.5

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Ive heard from many people that she is losing teledash, refreshing of dins, and the startup invincibility frames on nayrus? Is there some truth in this? If so she will more than likely be the worst character in 3.5
And much more, if the rumors are true. At this point, I'm actually wishing the rumors are true, that other characters are getting as hella nerfed as Zelda apparently is, and that 3.5 is such a train wreck that they'll re-do everything.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I personally think the Naryu invincibility frames need to stay. It is the only real defense she had up close against fast characters. Even then the ending lag or a short hop wrecks it since her head sticks out of the attack's hitbox. If it goes I guess that's OK. She has other things, but Naryu is the best NO FORCEFUL BUTT TOUCHING ALLOWED move she has.

The auto-latch needs to stay for her tele simply because it is an easily punished recovery against half the cast despite being lengthy, UNLESS you fall down out of range and aim it perfectly. Throw her a bone or at least tell M2 to stop showing off with his ridonk stronk tele.

Tele dash getting axed is understandable but it is a valuable and almost necessary tool. Her roll distance, wavedash distance, and running speed are all pretty pathetic. Her aerial rising speed is so-so and the horizontal distance covered for semishort hops is near useless. So she needs a buff somewhere in the movement department before losing teledash.

Dins not refreshing? Good. I hate them as is since it ecourages lazier Zeldoos to camp. They are amazing for edgeguarding, but she has nice tricks besides those. They might even be more ridiculous for edge guarding if they do not refresh. Could you imagine popping 2-3 by the edge while 1 explodes every second? lol

I wanna hear alla da rumors tho.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I personally think the Naryu invincibility frames need to stay. It is the only real defense she had up close against fast characters. Even then the ending lag or a short hop wrecks it since her head sticks out of the attack's hitbox. If it goes I guess that's OK. She has other things, but Naryu is the best NO FORCEFUL BUTT TOUCHING ALLOWED move she has.

The auto-latch needs to stay for her tele simply because it is an easily punished recovery against half the cast despite being lengthy, UNLESS you fall down out of range and aim it perfectly. Throw her a bone or at least tell M2 to stop showing off with his ridonk stronk tele.

Tele dash getting axed is understandable but it is a valuable and almost necessary tool. Her roll distance, wavedash distance, and running speed are all pretty pathetic. Her aerial rising speed is so-so and the horizontal distance covered for semishort hops is near useless. So she needs a buff somewhere in the movement department before losing teledash.

Dins not refreshing? Good. I hate them as is since it ecourages lazier Zeldoos to camp. They are amazing for edgeguarding, but she has nice tricks besides those. They might even be more ridiculous for edge guarding if they do not refresh. Could you imagine popping 2-3 by the edge while 1 explodes every second? lol

I wanna hear alla da rumors tho.
I personally want the move to be given middling armour throughout the entirety so that it would become a better anti-juggle move.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I personally want the move to be given middling armour throughout the entirety so that it would become a better anti-juggle move.
If only...Nayru's for Diamond Diving etc. would be so much more effective with even a little armor throughout it's duration >> it's so punishable aha

Top Bottom