• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
That commercial is singing directly to me.
You can thank McKnightlíght McKnightlíght for that :secretkpop:
Edit: page steal because I haven't done this in a while, I'll use this as an opportunity to remind everyone that the only viable Zelda that we'll ever get is Toon Zelda in Hyrule Warriors (who is absolutely broken and probably should be banned tbh)

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's crack-a-lacking fellow Travelers? :nifty::nifty::ultzelda::nifty:

I got to defeating Ophilia's 2nd boss.

It was tough as nails, like seriously. I'll put it in a spoiler so those that wanna play the game themselves or don't wanna know about it don't have to read it. :yeahboi:

Ophilia's 2nd Boss was a wolf with I think a Nordic name.

But anyway, at first it was easy; had about 5 weaknesses (Sword, Polearms, Ice, Lightning and Light).

But it got tougher... WAY tougher. It would increase the amount of hits it would take before it would Break, it started attacking multiple times in a single turn and constant debuffing and hitting all targets.

It would start doing around I think 500 - 800 Damage, it was god damn scary; I even had my party members faint numerous times. I think the other reason why it was so hard was because I wasn't buying any equipment, since I'm always low on cash since I don't have Tressa as my main protagonist; if I had her as the lead protag, then I think I'd be rolling in money.

But seriously, if I were you; I'd advise on probably having Olberic in the party with the Apothecary as his second job; he's a Cavalier class and I recommend you give him the Support Skill that grants Olberic 500 HP from the Apothecary class. That will REALLY help him out tenfold, and he can tank and distract the boss. Plus, his two main weapons help deal with the boss' 2 weaknesses being Swords and Polearms.

Other then that, yeah it was a fun boss fight.

The party I used was Ophilia* (Lv.24), Tressa (Lv.22), Cyrus (Lv.22) and H'aanit (Lv.22)
* - Ophilia is mandatory for this fight, and she's the main protag; so she cannot be switched out.

But now that I've beaten that boss, I'll proceed with Cyrus' story next, then Tressa's.

Cress! Cress! 's Reddit remark of "Can we make this secretkpop4.0?" I think the answer is pls no. See below:

It's ok.

Gorl History:
A few months after Sm4sh Zelda was released the gorls just gave up since Zelda was too rigid to use any broad techs and her own moveset was super laggy to do anything spectacular with (except flash top tier hard reads). So the gorls turned the social into a literal social, whereas they used the data topics/etc for Zelda discussion. It even attracted gorls who were non Zelda-mains somehow.

We are gorls that make+use bad memes and talk about other things that are objectively better than Zelda's moveset (which is technically everything that's NOT Zelda's moveset ofc). We are also petty friendly cute and/or bara boys gorls that loathe+annoy love+support each other.

But we always have a can of shade spray at the ready when we need to be petty. :secretkpop:

Advertisement courtesy of Gorl @Antonykun of Wrysmilla & SwordMii Advertising Company, not accurate to actual product:
View attachment 154384

The actual product is a Summoned Demonic SecretKPop Idol that sprays devastating sass at the target. The dense sass is enough to get the attention of even the most resilient heaux who thinks she's immune to clapbacks. Here is the violent product in use:
That Shade Spray brings me back.

Still haven't gotten my order. >:C

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin have a bonus pic of Gordeau. :secretkpop:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

I got to defeating Ophilia's 2nd boss.

It was tough as nails, like seriously. I'll put it in a spoiler so those that wanna play the game themselves or don't wanna know about it don't have to read it. :yeahboi:

Ophilia's 2nd Boss was a wolf with I think a Nordic name.

But anyway, at first it was easy; had about 5 weaknesses (Sword, Polearms, Ice, Lightning and Light).

But it got tougher... WAY tougher. It would increase the amount of hits it would take before it would Break, it started attacking multiple times in a single turn and constant debuffing and hitting all targets.

It would start doing around I think 500 - 800 Damage, it was god damn scary; I even had my party members faint numerous times. I think the other reason why it was so hard was because I wasn't buying any equipment, since I'm always low on cash since I don't have Tressa as my main protagonist; if I had her as the lead protag, then I think I'd be rolling in money.

But seriously, if I were you; I'd advise on probably having Olberic in the party with the Apothecary as his second job; he's a Cavalier class and I recommend you give him the Support Skill that grants Olberic 500 HP from the Apothecary class. That will REALLY help him out tenfold, and he can tank and distract the boss. Plus, his two main weapons help deal with the boss' 2 weaknesses being Swords and Polearms.

Other then that, yeah it was a fun boss fight.

The party I used was Ophilia* (Lv.24), Tressa (Lv.22), Cyrus (Lv.22) and H'aanit (Lv.22)
* - Ophilia is mandatory for this fight, and she's the main protag; so she cannot be switched out.

But now that I've beaten that boss, I'll proceed with Cyrus' story next, then Tressa's.

That Shade Spray brings me back.

Still haven't gotten my order. >:C

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin have a bonus pic of Gordeau. :secretkpop:

Our shade stock has been low ever since Bayonetta was released for Sm4sh. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Why r u tagging me in this, can u not

Okay fine, we'll just get an official opinion on this.
@secretkpop does this have your branding of approval

Not even including Sass Tea smh, at least we have a commercial for it.

Anyways I have to contribute something here now so uhhh..... for show-and-tell i have a kaito saltbae meme, it represents the salt that waluigi fans are constantly pouring out

There was a problem fetching the tweet
omfg now I know why I accociate my Earl Grey with Zelda lmao this has hurt my brain for months.

Also I can not not tag you in this thread oopsT. You may as well pretend that Kaito is sprinkling that salty stardust all over you. :^)))

idk why I think he's so handsome and great.

Also how is Octopath? I hear it's very clunky, grindy, and sluggish, y'know, like good old timey RPGs. After playing Legends of Legacy I never want to experience scaling/grindy RPGs ever again. Also the game was very hard since a team wipe could happen whenever, but you could legit just cheese the entire game with shields and none of the fun weapons/magics.

Our shade stock has been low ever since Bayonetta was released for Sm4sh. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
Summoning Demonic Kpop Idols doesn't sound mass-production-friendly, so it's k.

HEY

Me and McKnightlíght McKnightlíght made that >:^(
Hello yes, I am the one who make the funnies
oopsT, I legit googled Shade Spray Smashboards and Antonykun came up lmao. I remembered it existing but not who made it or when it was posted tbh.

But I get a free pass for messing it up because my memories are all messed up.

Actually real talk, I only have really random parts of my memories and useless trivia information (like what music used to play at roller rinks but not my favorite current music lmao gr8). I forgot a lot of semi-useful things (not knowledge or muscle-memory related things), like SOME: favorite bands, memes, art, games, videos, movies, family reunions, times I went out with friends, etc. I remember all the stuff from when I was stressed or other intense emotions so it's nice to know that every mistake I've ever made will never be forgotten.

Thanks medical science!:secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening allies of SBPhiloz4? :secretkpop::ultzelda::nifty:

idk why I think he's so handsome and great.
You wanna become one with the unga. :secretkpop:

Also how is Octopath? I hear it's very clunky, grindy, and sluggish, y'know, like good old timey RPGs. After playing Legends of Legacy I never want to experience scaling/grindy RPGs ever again. Also the game was very hard since a team wipe could happen whenever, but you could legit just cheese the entire game with shields and none of the fun weapons/magics.
I'm enjoying it so far, I think it's because I've played JRPGs that are like you say. Such as Grandia, FF4 & 9 and Gen 1 Pokemon; if you actually want to experience it, I do recommend it.

But that is if you're fine with it playing like an old JRPG. And I know that people have either Tressa or Primrose as the lead protagonists, mainly due to their personalities and backstory; though Tressa is also because of her Trait which is really damn good for money.

Speaking of which, I've beaten Cyrus and Tressa's 2nd Chapters, which I'll leave in spoilers again.

Cyrus' Boss was kind of challenging but not too difficult for me, since I was constantly inflicting Poison on the Boss; the best part was that the Boss died from the poison, which made me laugh so hard from it. The boss can summon skeletons which protect him from his weapon/magic weaknesses, so you have to take out the skelly bones first if you wanna do anything to the boss. :yeahboi:

For those curious, I used Cyrus[1] (Lv.23), Therion (Lv.21), Alfyn (Lv.20) & Ophilia[2] (Lv.26).

[1] - Cyrus is mandatory for his Chapter.
[2] - Ophilia cannot be changed out of the party.

As for the Chapter itself, Cyrus had to visit one of his old colleagues from the Academy for info on the Tome "From The Depths Of Hell" and where he could find it as it has been missing from the Academy Library for 15 years. In turn, he'll help his colleague out with a strange occurance where citizens have been disappearing.

Finding out that the citizens of the mining town were kidnapped into the sewers of the town. Where they had their blood drained to make crytalized blood shards by someone named Gerion. Upon defeating him and resucing some of the captive citizens, Cyrus then gets a new lead and heads east to find the book once again.
This boss fight was actually the first time I ever got a Game Over in this game to my surprise; but seriously, this boss fight was TOUGH for me first time; but after figuring out what the boss does, it wasn't too hard; but still tough due to what the boss was capable of doing. Just like Ophilia's Boss, the enemy can enhance the number of hits they can take before they're Unconsious, however Tressa's boss can provide buffs to their allies and even summon more when he's at 50% HP left, also you cannot steal from this boss.

I used Tressa[1] (Lv.24), Primrose (Lv.20), Olberic (Lv.21) & Ophilia[2] (Lv.28).

[1] - Tressa is mandatory for her Chapter.
[2] - Ophilia cannot be changed out of the party.

Now onto the Chapter plot itself!

Tressa visits the same town as Cyrus, but planning on opening a shop to see what she can sell; she finds out about how the workers are always mining for gold and try trading it in with the owner of the land Mr. Morlock. Tressa not swindled by gold, instead buys stones from one worker and finds out they're Skystones thanks to another travelling merchant named Ali (I actually made jokes about Ali-A when I saw his name). Tressa's first sale is a success from selling the Skystones, so she goes to purchase more so she can sell more.

Only to have her business get beat by Ali's sales pitching, with Tressa seeing him as a rival. Then Mr. Morlock finds out about their shops, has his bodyguard beat Ali easily and take him back to his Manse, offering Tressa to come to his Manse if she wants a job offer. She does so to rescue Ali, once beating Mr. Morlock's bodyguard Omar. He reveals that he kicked out the original owner of the Manse and Tressa demands that he and his bodyguard leave and never come back. Now that she rescued Ali, he tells her about the Merchants Fair to the south-east. But first, Tressa plans on heading north to find herself a valuable treasure.

Also, I'm still waiting for the DLC to drop for BBTAG next month; I wanna see how good Merkava truly is.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
The Kirbo update is gud
The O2/Miracle Matter/Ripple Star Select medley-remix-mashup song thing is gud
Kirbo in general is gud

And for anyone else playing Star Allies, is it just me or does it seem like enemies deal more damage now?
You may as well pretend that Kaito is sprinkling that salty stardust all over you. :^)))

Also I send u a friend request in PoGo and not even 5 minutes later you're already trying to sell me a new phone carrier.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening ___? :nifty::nifty::nifty::ultzelda::nifty:

Finally beat Olberic's 2nd Chapter, which again I'll put in a spoiler. :yeahboi:

It felt very different, no random encounters; just mini boss fights.

It was good and I thoroughly enjoyed it. You had to use Olberic's Trait of challenging NPCs to battle so he could enter the Arena and speak with an ally of Erhardt's.

The boss of the chapter was kind of tough? Hard to say, I only had one character die from the fight; but it went much smoother then Tressa's thats for sure.

I used Olberic (Lv.24), H'aanit (Lv.23), Alfyn (Lv.24) and Ophilia (Lv.30).

Again, can't switch out Ophilia since she's the protagonist. I also found the location for the Hunter Job and got that, but I didn't really find a use for it on anyone which is a shame; may see if it provides HP Regen since Alfyn provides that with one of the Apothecary traits.

Up next, Primrose's 2nd Chapter! :yeahboi:

Haven't really played Duel Links as much now, may get back to it if I can be bothered that is, since I'm kind of done with farming Zane. :V

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
I've been thinking about our anti air problem recently. I'm wondering if we could use runaway teleports or tilts to fix the problem. It could lead to an odd ball keep away play style.

Hopefully they buffed dins and phantom to viability so we can pitch a tent in neutral.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I've been thinking about our anti air problem recently. I'm wondering if we could use runaway teleports or tilts to fix the problem. It could lead to an odd ball keep away play style.

Hopefully they buffed dins and phantom to viability so we can pitch a tent in neutral.
Zelda was not, and will never be with her current moveset, about ''pitching a tent''. Rather she discourages opponents from doing the same with a reflector, a projectile of her own that can't be properly reflected, only dodged or absorbed by a handful of fighters, threatening to tele-frag them as they're shooting, and now in Ultimate, a delayed projectile that provides threatening mixups if not intercepted quickly. From there she can play a bait-and-punish game that at the VERY least, seems enhanced in her grab game and faster jab that can set up edgeguards, she's looking quite good at getting her opponent off-stage.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Zelda was not, and will never be with her current moveset, about ''pitching a tent''. Rather she discourages opponents from doing the same with a reflector, a projectile of her own that can't be properly reflected, only dodged or absorbed by a handful of fighters, threatening to tele-frag them as they're shooting, and now in Ultimate, a delayed projectile that provides threatening mixups if not intercepted quickly. From there she can play a bait-and-punish game that at the VERY least, seems enhanced in her grab game and faster jab that can set up edgeguards, she's looking quite good at getting her opponent off-stage.
Telefragging is excellent on a hard read of a projectile. I'm hoping for less lag on teleports especially since it's much shorter.

Our offstage game does look sweet. Here's hoping jab is enough to make up for our shortcomings.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The Kirbo update is gud
The O2/Miracle Matter/Ripple Star Select medley-remix-mashup song thing is gud
Kirbo in general is gud

And for anyone else playing Star Allies, is it just me or does it seem like enemies deal more damage now?

Also I send u a friend request in PoGo and not even 5 minutes later you're already trying to sell me a new phone carrier.
It was either that or a spooky post card from The Church Of The Empty Soul.

But real talk, the Sprint Pokestop has some good Pokemon. So like half my gifts are from them.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening Merkava mains? :nifty::ultzelda::nifty::nifty::nifty:

Anyway, I saw last week episodes of My Hero Academia S3, Cells At Work! and Chio's School Road; it was nice to just relax and watch them with much cooler weather. Thank god we FINALLY got rain.

Also, I made some more progress in Octopath Traveler, finishing Chapter 2 of Primrose. Next will be Alfyn! :yeahboi:

So firstly, I had to go through two higher leveled areas just to reach this village for Primrose to commence more of her story. And I got a Game Over from just travelling there by a Hoary Bear. Which OHKO'd my entire party, not good at all. :V

Anyway, the boss was surprisingly easy for me; then again, I was kind of overleveled since I'm doing it in order I got them.

This was the levels of my party that I used:

Primrose (Lv26), Therion (Lv25), Cyrus (Lv25) and Ophilia (Lv32).

I also managed to find the Shrine of the Flamebearer which unlocked me the Cleric Class, which I quickly gave to Cyrus since he can benefit greatly from the SP Support Skill, he runs out of SP far too quickly imo.

Now, onto the plot!

So Primrose reached Stillsnow to find one of the three members of the Crow. Being Rufus. She eventually runs into her old servant Arianna who became what Primrose did in the 1st Chapter, with her help and persuading the driver of the carriage; she makes it to Rufus' mansion and sneaks in via a cave which leads conveniently to the room he's sitting in.

After killing Rufus, he tells Primrose that she should look in her hometown Noblecourt if she wants answers. So Primrose leaves the snow infested town of Stillsnow to return home; with Arianna thanking her for freeing her and the other women from his iron grip.

Since I posted an image of Merkava, I'll say this; we got some more information and datamined from BBTAG. We already got names and files of the tracks that'll be used in the game. Which I'll leave in spoilers here if anyone wants to check them out~.

I'd like to know, which theme(s) do you guys like the most?

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
He's a Fox main. Only those of us who truly know our girl can say she sucks.
I consider him pretty good authority on whenever our Tr4shy grill is indeed Tr4.5h.

Considering his positive winrate against me and our continuous ******** about the character ROFL

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
A faster jab with Bowser-level knockback still sounds much better than the the slowest in the game that only sort of pushes the enemy away. If there any linking issues they can easily be fixed, not that we have full context for these failures, like are you just holding the multihit too long without a wall?

Edit: And for what it's worth, ESAM thinks Zelda is low-mid, not bottom. He also provides further context in that he believes low-tiers in Ultimate aren't inherently bad, just don't have that ''thing'' that elevates them above others.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
A faster jab with Bowser-level knockback still sounds much better than the the slowest in the game that only sort of pushes the enemy away. If there any linking issues they can easily be fixed, not that we have full context for these failures, like are you just holding the multihit too long without a wall?

Edit: And for what it's worth, ESAM thinks Zelda is low-mid, not bottom. He also provides further context in that he believes low-tiers in Ultimate aren't inherently bad, just don't have that ''thing'' that elevates them above others.
Having a normal jab as opposed to the worst jab isn't much of a change. Especially when all of our other, more important problems have gone untouched.

I believe that with patches, Zelda will become, and I use the term loosely, viable. But the demo Zelda honestly wouldn't make mid tier in smash 4.

Esam doesn't know Zelda. Most people are unaware that bair and fair are different. Zelda knowledge is not widespread and people think Din's failure not forcing freefall is a "major buff".

Do not underestimate non Zelda mains and their ability to spout out lies like "she's better than fox and in the same tier as Sonic" as Esam put it.

I like esam, but he's never been so wrong. Even when he thought Pikachu was top 5.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Having a normal jab as opposed to the worst jab isn't much of a change. Especially when all of our other, more important problems have gone untouched.

I believe that with patches, Zelda will become, and I use the term loosely, viable. But the demo Zelda honestly wouldn't make mid tier in smash 4.

Esam doesn't know Zelda. Most people are unaware that bair and fair are different. Zelda knowledge is not widespread and people think Din's failure not forcing freefall is a "major buff".

Do not underestimate non Zelda mains and their ability to spout out lies like "she's better than fox and in the same tier as Sonic" as Esam put it.

I like esam, but he's never been so wrong. Even when he thought Pikachu was top 5.
Sonic might be in the same tier as Zelda, I've heard nothing but terrible things about him ROFLLLLL

Also Tr4sh Zelda's Jab was great y'all meleebrawler meleebrawler Freelance Spy Freelance Spy are wack. A well disjointed move that's like -3 on block fresh and gets you a 38% combo at 0 is nothing to sneeze at. Really one of the only good and fun things about this character

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
When you're a character that has edgeguarding as one of their strongest points, you appreciate a move that makes setting those up easier more than one that only gets a combo in a very specific scenario. It being faster also means it works better as a punish tool.

Until people get their hands and sink time in the full version of the game, I consider everyone's opinion of tier placements to be equally valid or invalid. Even people, heck maybe ESPECIALLY people who've played a character in a previous game, because I notice a disturbing tendency to just attempt things that worked before and basically give up when they don't. It's easy to say this Zelda would be bad in Smash 4 with that game's forgiving airdodges in our minds. But this is not Smash 4.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Currently having flashbacks to people saying that Smash 4 Zelda was worse than Brawl Zelda because she couldn't spam her smashes as much

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Currently having flashbacks to people saying that Smash 4 Zelda was worse than Brawl Zelda because she couldn't spam her smashes as much
rip to the glorious lightning-glitter princess wave. Brawlda's Usmash will be forever missed.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Lavani Lavani Hey, if you're there, it's been a while. We need to catch up again, just like old times. When this game comes out I expect good things! If you're round these parts, that is.

Also RIP old USmash

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening EVO this weekend fans? :ultzelda::nifty::ultzelda:

So I've had a think of what could potentially be Merkava's moveset in BBTAG since he'll be coming out a week on Wednesday. Might as well leave what I think it'll be here. :secretkpop:

Input | Move
5AAAA |

5BBB |

5C |

2A |

2B |

2C |

j.AA |

j.B |

j.C |

236A/B/C |

214A/C |

214B |

j.236A/B/C |

j.214A/B/C |

4P |

5P |

6P |

236BC |

214BC (Air OK) |

222BC |

Also made some more progress in Octopath, going to be doing Therion's 2nd Chapter today and H'aanit's either tomorrow or alongside Therion's chapter as well. Who knows. :secretkpop:

Btw, did anyone see the Smash Ultimate tournament during the weekend? Ice Climbers look kinda dope.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
A faster jab with Bowser-level knockback still sounds much better than the the slowest in the game that only sort of pushes the enemy away.
Just wanted to mention the reason why some people think the new jab might not be everything is because old jab did 11% alone, (patches ftw) had the lowest endlag of almost any move in the game, (could pseudo-wall rushdown, not incredibly but it could troll falcon) comboed into grab and dash attack until like, 40%. It was actually darn good outside the startup.

New jab does 11% if you connect like, 8 hits. It’s now noted that the single press version is not even a real attack (almost no damage, negative on hit, so the old jab is definitely out) the multihit, like many others in SSB4 before, will eventually let players drop out when held too long, which limits it to only 11-13% really, it’s also quite a bit laggier. The new trade offs are much quicker startup and potential koing at the ledge. I can see uses there, but I think the trade offs are not contributing to Zelda’s needs well. It’s also contributing to a direct loss to her limited neutral game.

(This sorta turned into a tangent about why new Jab doesn’t seem good when I meant to just keep it to what was necessary about old Jab, but they kinda mix relevantly so I’mma keep it.) I just wanted to put that out since it would undersell SSB4‘s jab to only say it’s slowest jab that sorta just pushes people away.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Just wanted to mention the reason why some people think the new jab might not be everything is because old jab did 11% alone, (patches ftw) had the lowest endlag of almost any move in the game, (could pseudo-wall rushdown, not incredibly but it could troll falcon) comboed into grab and dash attack until like, 40%. It was actually darn good outside the startup.

New jab does 11% if you connect like, 8 hits. It’s now noted that the single press version is not even a real attack (almost no damage, negative on hit, so the old jab is definitely out) the multihit, like many others in SSB4 before, will eventually let players drop out when held too long, which limits it to only 11-13% really, it’s also quite a bit laggier. The new trade offs are much quicker startup and potential koing at the ledge. I can see uses there, but I think the trade offs are not contributing to Zelda’s needs well. It’s also contributing to a direct loss to her limited neutral game.

(This sorta turned into a tangent about why new Jab doesn’t seem good when I meant to just keep it to what was necessary about old Jab, but they kinda mix relevantly so I’mma keep it.) I just wanted to put that out since it would undersell SSB4‘s jab to only say it’s slowest jab that sorta just pushes people away.
When it comes to stopping grounded rushdown, I think the new phantom's early releases will pick up the slack left by the old jab, since it getting hit isn't a real detriment now.

Luminario

Smash Lord
They do need to do something with tap jab before release. Seeing it take longer to finish than the hitstun of the opponent was disappointing. If they want to stick to the road of a single hitbox then it should be as useful as Palu's tap jab where it can combo into grab and stuff.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Maybe Zelda is more bait and switch in this iteration. Seems to me most of her moves do more damage and hit harder, but not as easy to connect. Sort of like Ganondorf per se.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
That doesn't bode well for her strength because she has neither the direct kill power nor the reach/coverage of Ganondorf's kill moves, let alone whether Ganondorf is any good himself.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think phantom should be like Luma and all of Zelda's moves should be like Falcon Punch.

Someone write this down

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I think phantom should be like Luma and all of Zelda's moves should be like Falcon Punch.

Someone write this down
Farore's Wind should teleport you to the CSS so that you can have another chance at choosing a better character

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Maybe Zelda is more bait and switch in this iteration. Seems to me most of her moves do more damage and hit harder, but not as easy to connect. Sort of like Ganondorf per se.
Well, I don't see how she's more bait-and punish than she already was in previous games. She just has more options to control the pace and force mistakes to happen, in contrast to Ganondorf who mostly has to rely on opponents making their own mistakes. It's only fair that his punish tools are stronger and easier to hit.

Right now I'm thinking of how Link and Zelda can create a veritable minefield when working together.

Luminario

Smash Lord
That doesn't bode well for her strength because she has neither the direct kill power nor the reach/coverage of Ganondorf's kill moves, let alone Ganondorf being good himself.
I suppose she's meant to make up for that with disjoints and the utility of her specials. Whether it works in practice is something we're just gonna have to wait and see about.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going TAS fans? :nifty:______:nifty::ultzelda::nifty:______

Started on H'aanit's 2nd Chapter last night and finished Therion's as well. Before I did H'aanit's Chapter, I went around the starting towns and used Therion's Field Trait of stealing so that way, if there's any items that I don't need that I acquired; I can sell them and then use the money I got from those to purchase better equipment.

Since god damn, the last time I bought anything was in the town where Tressa & Cyrus' 2nd Chapters start, that's how long it had been.

I'm glad that I did go back and buy better stuff through that; made it much easier on me.

Also, for whatever reason; I'm gonna leave a list of ideas for Celica's Dialog if she was in BBTAG. :V

w/Ragna:
C: Ragna! I'm here to help you!
R: C-Celica!? Don't get yourself hurt, alright?

Win:
C: We did it Minerva! Same goes to you Ragna, you all did great!
R: Phew... You almost gave me a heart attack...

Post-Win:
C: Ragna, you must be tired after all that fighting; shall we take a break?
R: You know Celica... That isn't really that bad of an idea.

w/Noel:
C: Let's do our best Noellie!
N: W-What!? You don't have to help out!

Win:
N: We won... We really won!
C: Glad we could help!

Post-Win:
C: Are you okay, Noellie? I can help heal you whenever you need to.
N: I-I'm fine Celica. T-Thank you very much for the offer though...

w/Jubei:
C: Minerva! Let's go and help out your grandfather!
J: Grandfather, eh? Am I really that old?

Win:
J: Heh. Guess Kokonoe did a good job making her.
C: You did great too Jubei!

Post-Win:
C: Excuse me, Jubei! Would it be possible if you could play with Minerva? She'd be so happy if she could play with her grandfather.
J: Hmm... This is definitely going to be strange, but if you mean by training... Then sure, I'm ready to go another round!

w/Nine:
Ni: I'll protect you... From those that dare HURT MY SISTER!
C: B-Big sister! Calm down!

Win:
Ni: Now leave... Never come near my dear Celica!
C: Your starting to scare me sis...

Post-Win:
C: Sis, I feel like what you're doing is wrong! You shouldn't act like this at all or hurt others!
Ni: I'm only doing it for you Celica, I'll always protect you no matter what.

w/Yosuke:
C: Look Minerva! We have a member of staff! Do you want anything?
Yo: Hey! Don't get treating me like some Junes Employee dammit!

Win:
Yo: Impressed now!? I'm no regular Employee!
C: You're really fast! That was really cool!

Post-Win:
C: By the way, Mister Yosuke. Would it be possible to order something?
Yo: Oh, well depends on what you're after, if you're after the food court its... Dammit not again!

w/Yukiko:
Yu: You can heal people too!? That's awesome!
C: It's a talent I'm happy to share with!

Win:
Yu: Be careful next time, or you might get burned!
C: No need to get all charred up! Hehe... Did I do it right?

Post-Win:
Yu: Since we can both heal the damage we've done, maybe we could share some tips?
C: Oh that'd be a great idea! I'd love to hear some new things, don't you Minerva?

w/Aigis:
A: Beginning Combat Methods.
C: Hey Minerva, she looks almost like you!

Win:
C: You're really full to the brim with all kind of weapons, they look dangerous!
A: These weapons are only for combat.

Post-Win:
C: Are you perhaps Minvera's younger sister? You two do look kind of alike.
A: I will check my database... No files of Minerva found, I can come to the conclusion that we are not related.

w/Hyde:
C: Now then Hyde! No fighting, alright?
H: Then how am I gonna beat our opponents then!? Talking to them!?

Win:
H: Sorry! But I couldn't hold back my power!
C: You shouldn't go picking on others Hyde!

Post-Win:
C: Hyde! You shouldn't go bullying others, it's not right. You should be making friends instead, bullying is the only way to make more enemies...
H: I'm not a bully alright!? We were forced into a fight that we didn't want!

w/Gordeau:
G: Well, what's a pretty little lady like you doing around here?
C: Just here to help out!

Win:
C: We did it Minerva! Now let's thank this nice gentleman.
G: Aww, you're gonna make me blush!

Post-Win:
C: The nails on your hand are so long... Have you ever thought of trimming them down?
G: No can do little lady. As a Grim Reaper, I'll need that to harvest souls.

w/Weiss:
W: Shall be begin then?
C: Me and Minerva will help as much as we can, won't we?~

Win:
C: Good job Minerva!
W: An adequate victory.

Post-win:
W: Having your own bodyguard to help fight is an interesting idea... Maybe I should ask my mother to make one like yours.
C: I don't think she'd like having someone looking like her running around. But I do like the idea.

Also, which tournaments are you lot going to check out at EVO? I'm probably gonna look at Smash 4 and BBTAG.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
It’s been a minute gurls I haven’t been here since we invaded the Lucina boards

Our princess is looking cute af

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So I recently got the Moto G6 Play and omfg this thing is dumbdiculous when it comes to battery life. It's a small step up from my Samsung hardware wise, but this battery literally lasts for over 2:30 hours of Pokemon Go + music with some juice left to spare. I don't even need to take my battery pack anymore.

rip Samsung, a 106 dollar phone just gutted yew. Then again, Moto-brand phones are made by Lenovo. So getting something that's cheap, good, and has a decent battery life (while looking kinda pretty) is as ez.

It's the Bayonetta of phones. Cheap but perfect otherwise. :secretkpop:

As for Pokemon Go, I've attended some raids and they're pretty much BS. The only one I could beat was the Makuhita one. They should really do scaling for raids. I've tried the spoofing thing to find more raids because they're so random and there's a chance of NOT getting a good lvl 2/lvl 1 raid to solo. tbh they should allow people to access raids that are happening up to 5 miles away if they're going to make most of them tier 3-5. Trading should also be international if it's going to cost Stardust to trade.

On the plus side, an Eevee event is coming soon so I can catch all da Eevees and I have a Lucky Eevee that will become a sparkly Glaceon aka: the best eevee pls sit down if you think otherwise ok bye. I also caught a shiny lady Roselia so I just need a Bright Stone to make a sassy rose gorl.

Anyway, I've barely touched FEH. I'm just doing orb dailies and whatever other dumb junk flies my way. Wound up pulling Bow Lyn from the Legendary Banner, so I guess that's more Swift Sparrow or Atk Smoke fodder. Yay. I guess we'll be getting a red bow user sometime soon. I don't now why they just didn't use a bow using lord or something. Heck, even make Hunky Hrid or "Zacharias" or whatever.

ALSO: CALLING ALL POKEMON GO GORLS WITH OLD AF ACCOUNTS

I'll spoof to a location near you (like a nearby Pokestop so I don't know where you live since that'd be weird to spoof right to your house bcuz teleporting into your house would be weird no offense). Then we can trade a bunch of Pokemon in hopes of them becoming Lucky. Mine are only 1-10 days old, but if you have Pokemon from 2016/2017 they should have a high chance of becoming Lucky Pokemon, which means the one I trade you will become Lucky as well.

Just a reminder of what Lucky is/does:
1) Cuts all Stardust requirements in half to level up.
2) +10 to all IVs to (IVs only go up to 15 so it's like Zelda becomes Shiek). This will come in handy for Let's Go on the N-Switch.
3) Extra sparkles which is the best reason to go for Lucky Pokemon tbh, I mean look at who our main is ffs.

4) It's not guaranteed, but more likely, if the Pokemon are older. The Pokemon can't be traded again (except to Let's Go probably).

All I ask for is:
1) the pokemon to be in the normal Pokeball because I'm OCD about that kinda.
2) Really most types of Pokemon, just tell me what you have. I like buggies and plants and Eevees and cuties.

What I have:
1) Like 50ish random Pokemon idk I can list them all or you can just ask
2) A few Eevees so we can swap Eevees

In regards to the spoofing, only I can get possibly banned (unlikely tho lol) since I'm the one teleporting. You can also spoof to me if you want.

Side note: spoofers who spoof for items or Pokemon or raids are OK. Spoofers who steal gyms from innocent gorls are ROOD ok bye. Unless the only person who is defending the gym has a name like FukYaMommy or ZeldaIsBad, then fire away I guess.

Farore's Wind should teleport you to the CSS so that you can have another chance at choosing a better character
tyvm for giving me a reason to finish this bad thing
When some heaux gorl is very wrong and you don't have time to get into it right now:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin I've messed around with spoofing Go myself and it only works like half the time. But I do have an old account from the game's launch, so maybe I can pull that up and see if there's anything of value on that (the account that we're friends on is a new one I made a month or 2 ago and it's the only one I use now).

Also I am wrong but this is the Zelda Social. We know we're wrong but we say it anyways and like it even if we don't agree with it and move on like the secret kpop's we are.
:secretkpop:
3) Extra sparkles which is the best reason to go for Lucky Pokemon tbh, I mean look at who our main is ffs.
I don't remember signing up to main Zelda, pls fix this.

Edit: I have a ton of Eevees and Drowzees on my old account, and p much all of them are in Pokéballs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom