• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I did one last summon on the Eirika banner (thank you Twitter orbs!) and I pulled a +HP/-Spd Seth! Idc much about the nature (doesn't seem awful anyways since I'm probably giving him a Brave Sword), I'm just happy to have him. Now I need Ephraim, and an Eirika with a better nature than the 4 star I have, and then I can have a SS team

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
Lorde Lorde I love seeing creative sets like your Niles, I only have typical to be expected stuff so I think it's really cool.

On a side note, idk why but my summon luck has been really good recently, got 2 Ephraims and an Azura within the last week.

I'm gonna be sad when Olivia is no longer a bonus unit again in arena, it let me use my Saizo and get a bonus at the same time. With supports/buffs/LaD he reaches 38 def and 52 spd, destroying most archer Lyns I've seen even on enemy phase. That's kinda why I prefer LaD on faster characters that can take a hit, since spd is up even in enemy phase.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
We have trailers for the rest of the Fates characters in Warriors.
Hoshido characters
Nohr characters
The remix of Alight in the Hoshidan trailer, ty for that.
But other than that, they didn't show off much of the characters that we didn't know about. Leo has some small similarities to Robin and Elise, and Sakura looks interesting I guess but she looks emotionless. M!Corrin looks like an identical clone to F!Corrin but maybe it's too early to tell. :/

Also I know a lot of people were expecting Azura, but her chances are looking slim, now that we have the trailers for all of the Fates characters and she's nowhere to be seen. Also the leak from yesterday didn't include Azura (assuming it's real which it probably isn't).

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Gorls, who saw the new version of Stephen King's It?

I saw it opening night with my boyfriend, and it was amazing. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Better than the original as far as I'm concerned.
2spooky4me

It's not that I don't enjoy horror or anything (Loved Cabin in the Woods), but there's something...dis-proportionally uncomfortable to me when watching a horror movie with children as the victims.

Also I know a lot of people were expecting Azura, but her chances are looking slim, now that we have the trailers for all of the Fates characters and she's nowhere to be seen. Also the leak from yesterday didn't include Azura (assuming it's real which it probably isn't).
I'm leaning towards fake, myself.

Like, Caeda is a really solid choice, and Tiki is getting an amiibo due to the game so we know she's going to be in, but the arrangement on the "leaked" boxart is just weird.

You have noticeable symmetry on the two halves of the box, with pairings like Chrom opposite Lucina, Robin and Corrin opposite...Robin and Corrin, the Hoshidan siblings opposite their respective counterparts from Nohr, and I'll even accept Frederick opposite Cordelia.

But then...Tiki opposite Lyn? Lissa opposite Anna? Cecilia opposite Caeda? That's just bad design.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
dis-proportionally uncomfortable to me when watching a horror movie with children as the victims.
speaking of being uncomfortable, in the book, all of the children have an orgy in the sewers before they go and fight pennywise

stephen king is my favorite author, and i really want to go see It in theaters. it has gotten really good reviews so far, which is exciting to me. i can't wait to see it

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
We have trailers for the rest of the Fates characters in Warriors.
Hoshido characters
Nohr characters
The remix of Alight in the Hoshidan trailer, ty for that.
But other than that, they didn't show off much of the characters that we didn't know about. Leo has some small similarities to Robin and Elise, and Sakura looks interesting I guess but she looks emotionless. M!Corrin looks like an identical clone to F!Corrin but maybe it's too early to tell. :/

Are you expecting the male and female versions of Robin and Corrin to...not be the same character? I thought it was obvious that they were just costume swaps. They all have the same moves and intros (that move in the trailer where Male Corrin has a red aura and turns into a dragon, + when Robin takes out the Levin Sword and does a few slashes, have been seen used by both genders)

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
2spooky4me

It's not that I don't enjoy horror or anything (Loved Cabin in the Woods), but there's something...dis-proportionally uncomfortable to me when watching a horror movie with children as the victims.
The movie is definitely disturbing. In fact, I'd say it's more disturbing than scary.

speaking of being uncomfortable, in the book, all of the children have an orgy in the sewers before they go and fight pennywise

stephen king is my favorite author, and i really want to go see It in theaters. it has gotten really good reviews so far, which is exciting to me. i can't wait to see it
Go see it! You won't regret it. I've heard that it's closer to the books than the old one, but I can't judge for myself because I haven't read the book. I want to, though. Maybe I'll pick up a copy and try to find the time to read it.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Are you expecting the male and female versions of Robin and Corrin to...not be the same character? I thought it was obvious that they were just costume swaps. They all have the same moves and intros (that move in the trailer where Male Corrin has a red aura and turns into a dragon, + when Robin takes out the Levin Sword and does a few slashes, have been seen used by both genders)
I meant that both Corrins seem to play completely identical, while both Robins had some minor differences.
But tbh with how much it feels like they're pushing each Robin and Corrin separately, I'm wondering if they really are just outfit changes. I really don't want to level them up twice each. Pls. ;_;

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Go see it! You won't regret it. I've heard that it's closer to the books than the old one, but I can't judge for myself because I haven't read the book. I want to, though. Maybe I'll pick up a copy and try to find the time to read it.
I've already made plans to go see it with a friend during columbus day weekend since he'll be back from college for a few days. still, that's like a month away. maybe i'll get another friend to see it with me before then.

the original film was super cheesy (from what i've seen; i only saw around half of it), but they did some cool claymation things with pennywise traveling through the sewer pipes and stuff like that. i'm not surprised the new one is better since the old one did some weird things with the story iirc

i really like the book, so you should definitely read it. however, be warned that it's like 1100 pages long or so. i love stephen king's work for the most part (some of his books are just irredeemably awful), but It is definitely one of his better ones. I have been wanting to reread it, but i've been so busy with college stuff that i just haven't had any time to read for pleasure. besides, i want to reread the LotR series first.

i've read most of stephen king's books, so i could talk them forever, but i'll try to limit myself. Lisey's Story is probably my favorite book of his, and I really need to reread that one. That one actually made me cry at the end. If you do end up liking It, then you should check out Lisey's Stor for sure.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I had 110 orbs! Now I have 10! I think I don't regret anything.
3* Barst: +HP, -Res.

4* Gordin: +HP, -Def.

4* Hana: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Hinata: +Def, -Atk.

4* Roy: +Res, -Atk.

3* Frederick: +Def, -HP.

4* Mathilda: +Def, -HP.

4* Ogma: +Def, -HP.

3* Palla: +Spd, -Atk.

5* Takumi: +Def, -HP.

4* Lon'qu: +Def, -Res.

4* Mae: +HP, -Spd.

4* Olivia: +Atk, -HP.

3* Selena: +Res, -HP.

4* Soren: +HP, -Res.

3* Est: +Atk, -HP.

4* Est: +Def, -Res.

4* Felicia: +HP, -Atk. Ew.

5* CYL Roy: +Res, -Def.

3* Saizo: +Spd, -Def.

4* Nowi: +HP, -Def.

3* Raigh: +Atk, -Def.

3* Shanna: +HP, -Res.

4* Titania: +Spd, -Def. Oh, this is nice.

4* Wrys: +Res, -Spd.

This banner really is trolling me with archers. Free CYL Lyn, summon a CYL Lyn, and summon Klein, Leon, and Takumi. Also, 5 new characters and summoning Nowi and regular Roy means I've summoned every unit I did on my first file. Unfortunately, regular Roy is not as skilled or rather, not as strong as he should be, but CYL Roy is fine since +Res, -Def just swaps his defenses and kind of makes him like +Spd, -Res Eliwood. Regular Roy being one of those units who can lose 4 stat points with a bane also sucks. -Atk drops him to 25 as a 4* and 26 as a 5*. Here's hoping I get another regular Roy since -Atk Roy is definitely becoming T-Adept fodder for someone after I get another Roy.

Well, guess I won't be getting CYL Ike or Lucina on this banner unless I really want to summon again after getting 10 more orbs which I might since the next new banner is going to be 15 orbs for the first summon and since it's probably going to be a regular, introduce new units banner, I'd stop after two summons, so, that's 35 orbs. Regardless if its a paralogue or story chapter, ~15 orbs comes from playing the chapter itself and the quests, there's also Clarisse's? GHB revival, and a full TT, so I just might try again.

The awkward thing now is I just built Eliwood and I knew there was a chance I could get CYL Roy. And it happened and CYL Roy has basically his father's defensive stats.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I'm hoping they are as that means we don't have to level up and spend resources on identical characters, but...I mean, a lot of the characters seem to be almost distressingly similar. Cordelia's reveal trailer really shouldn't have reminded me so much of Chrom's moveset, for example.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I meant that both Corrins seem to play completely identical, while both Robins had some minor differences.
But tbh with how much it feels like they're pushing each Robin and Corrin separately, I'm wondering if they really are just outfit changes. I really don't want to level them up twice each. Pls. ;_;
There aren't any differences between the Robin's, as far as I can see. They have the same intro, the same Levin sword move (Female Robin uses it here, while Male Robin uses it here), and use the same standard combo. They just used different combos strings in their respective trailers

Is it common for different versions of the same character to have different movesets in other Warriors games? Other than drastically different versions like Midna and Twili Midna.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Oh look!
It's Locke Zero Six in #1!!!!
Congrats!

jk, ilu
:196:
Gorl doesn't even tag me. SMH.

Magister is nuts. Not only is he a stupid good Charizard (FAir and Jab are so good), but he's also an amazing artist. Took my 5th place (or higher) finish and then took my money when I bought some posters from him.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Is it common for different versions of the same character to have different movesets in other Warriors games? Other than drastically different versions like Midna and Twili Midna.
I wouldn't say that it's common, but it does happen. The best example is all of the Straw Hats from Weeb Warriors Pirate Warriors.
Bashmically here's a 2 year gap in the story, so there's versions of the main characters from before and after the gap. Although in this game's case, the characters after the time gap were flat-out better instead of just different (which story-wise makes sense from training n junk). Each characters' moveset is roughly the same (although Freddy is quite different from each of his 2 versions). In PW2 they made the old and new versions of the characters separate, meaning you effectively had to level up those 7 characters twice. PW3 merged them all into the same character, and you get a different moveset depending on the outfit you pick.
For an example, I'll show you Robin (the One Piece one, not TipScaleMan or TipScaleGirl). This is her before the 2 year gap and this is her after. At 0:37 in the earlier version of her, she sends out a wave of hands. She does the same attack at 0:45 in the second video, except this wave is noticeably wider. There's more changes than just that but that's the easiest one to explain since it makes a lot more sense if you play it yourself.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh yeah, forgot about this when I saw your post.

I kind of hope Azura makes it in since there aren't any other known lance infantry characters. Chrom and Lucina can use lances as Great Lords and they probably will with the whole re-classing and maybe weapon switching, but if the developers limit the base game to Awakening, Archanea, and Fates, then the only other default lance infantry character available would be Oboro or Haitaka and I doubt he'd be playable before Azura and Oboro. Everyone else is a cavalier, knight, or flier and speaking of which, would kind of be nice if they showed a knight character. If it wasn't limited to those games, then Ephraim, Nephenee, Lukas and Forsyth, and the other soldier characters in previous Fire Emblem games. That said, Azura's moveset could be drastically different compared to the other lance users which also makes me want Olivia in since they could have very graceful attacks. Yes, I know Azura's a dancer, but she still seems elegant compared to normal lance users.

Edit: Hey, another page steal.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Currently working on my endgoal build.
She's +atk/-hp.
I used -hp because at +10 it would have come to an even 40 for desperation/ardent sacrifice if I ever wanted to use a quad build or something. Unfortunately summoner support kind of negates that.

Brave lance death blow is more consistent since it doesn't really require additional support but this build is so much more fun.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Currently working on my endgoal build.
She's +atk/-hp.
I used -hp because at +10 it would have come to an even 40 for desperation/ardent sacrifice if I ever wanted to use a quad build or something. Unfortunately summoner support kind of negates that.

Brave lance death blow is more consistent since it doesn't really require additional support but this build is so much more fun.
do you run her in flier emblem? that gorl would love +6 atk/spd. but i guess that would require pulling a hinoka, and she has only been on like 2 banners

it's too bad people hate cordelia's art because i think it's decent. i wouldn't say it's the best art in the game, but some people seem to vehemently hate it.

did you build up bridal cordelia, too?

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
do you run her in flier emblem? that gorl would love +6 atk/spd. but i guess that would require pulling a hinoka, and she has only been on like 2 banners

it's too bad people hate cordelia's art because i think it's decent. i wouldn't say it's the best art in the game, but some people seem to vehemently hate it.

did you build up bridal cordelia, too?
I've never gotten a hinoka. IS really needs to put hone fliers on a 4* or a ghb or something.

I never really understood the hate for her art either.

The b cordelia I got was +hp/-atk (rip) but I just gave her the brave bow+/LaD build and she still kills a ton of stuff.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've never gotten a hinoka. IS really needs to put hone fliers on a 4* or a ghb or something.

I never really understood the hate for her art either.

The b cordelia I got was +hp/-atk (rip) but I just gave her the brave bow+/LaD build and she still kills a ton of stuff.
tbh i don't think they'll ever demote hone fliers to 4* rarity. i could see them possibly demoting a unit with it, but it wouldn't fully be unlocked until 5* (like panic ploy with valter)

people say that they don't like her art because it doesn't look like her. she obviously looks different than she does in awakening, but literally every character in the game looks a little different in heroes than in their home game

bridal cordelia is stupidly broken. i run bb+/db3 and she's just dumb. i think mine is something like +hp -res? i have an extra one that's -atk and i have considered giving her bow to Zero since it'd be adorable. i wish i had gotten a summer gaius that i could have sacrificed to him, too

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I've already made plans to go see it with a friend during columbus day weekend since he'll be back from college for a few days. still, that's like a month away. maybe i'll get another friend to see it with me before then.

the original film was super cheesy (from what i've seen; i only saw around half of it), but they did some cool claymation things with pennywise traveling through the sewer pipes and stuff like that. i'm not surprised the new one is better since the old one did some weird things with the story iirc

i really like the book, so you should definitely read it. however, be warned that it's like 1100 pages long or so. i love stephen king's work for the most part (some of his books are just irredeemably awful), but It is definitely one of his better ones. I have been wanting to reread it, but i've been so busy with college stuff that i just haven't had any time to read for pleasure. besides, i want to reread the LotR series first.

i've read most of stephen king's books, so i could talk them forever, but i'll try to limit myself. Lisey's Story is probably my favorite book of his, and I really need to reread that one. That one actually made me cry at the end. If you do end up liking It, then you should check out Lisey's Stor for sure.
I know that feeling. I'm also so busy with grad school that it's hard to find time for pleasure reading. Even when I find the time, I rarely want to read for pleasure because I spend so much of my time reading and reading and reading for class.

The length doesn't turn me off, though. I've read and enjoyed the Song of Ice and Fire books, some of which are also longer than 1,000 pages. I'll probably read IT over the Winter break. I'll definitely have the time then.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The length doesn't turn me off, though. I've read and enjoyed the Song of Ice and Fire books, some of which are also longer than 1,000 pages. I'll probably read IT over the Winter break. I'll definitely have the time then.
I read aSoIaF and enjoyed the series. i'm not a big fan of how far the show has diverged from the books, though. i get that the plot had to progress, but they made some really weird decisions with what they omitted/changed. we'll probably be waiting forever for him to actually finish writing the books since he's like the slowest writer in history

I got a hardcover set of the harry potter books for my birthday back in february and reread the entire series earlier this year. i still absolutely adore all of them. i totally cried during the forest scene at the end of the last book. the harry potter books were such a huge part of my childhood that i can't help but feel nostalgic whenever i read them. prisoner of azkaban is the best one in the series and i will fight anyone who disagrees to the death

what are some of your favorite books/series/authors?

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I read aSoIaF and enjoyed the series. i'm not a big fan of how far the show has diverged from the books, though. i get that the plot had to progress, but they made some really weird decisions with what they omitted/changed. we'll probably be waiting forever for him to actually finish writing the books since he's like the slowest writer in history

I got a hardcover set of the harry potter books for my birthday back in february and reread the entire series earlier this year. i still absolutely adore all of them. i totally cried during the forest scene at the end of the last book. the harry potter books were such a huge part of my childhood that i can't help but feel nostalgic whenever i read them. prisoner of azkaban is the best one in the series and i will fight anyone who disagrees to the death

I agree that the show has gone down hill since it's diverged from the books; it's still entertaining to watch, though.

And he is the slowest writer! It's been, what? 4-5 years since the last one came out? Maybe longer?

Besides a Song of Ice and Fire, I really love The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, Percy Jackson & the Olympians (and its sequel series Heroes of Olympus and Trials of Apollo). I like Harry Potter, too, but not as much as I used to.

The Song of Achilles is one of my favorites, too. It's a take on the Trojan War, but it focuses mostly on Achilles' relationship with Patrocles. The Inexplicable Logic of My Life and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe are great reads as well.

I've read so many books that it's hard to think of some great ones on the spot. As for Stephen King's books, it's been a long time since I've read any of them, but I remember really enjoying Misery.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I know that feeling. I'm also so busy with grad school that it's hard to find time for pleasure reading. Even when I find the time, I rarely want to read for pleasure because I spend so much of my time reading and reading and reading for class.
I resorted to audiobooks, myself. I walk a mile to school/work, might as well listen to a book while I'm at it.

The Dresden Files has really good ones narrated by James Masters, for example.

The Lord of the Rings audiobooks come majorly well recommended, but I haven't gotten to them yet. I know Christopher Lee himself narrated some of them, though. It's in my audiobook queue, along with aSoIaF and The Witcher.

I think I'm going to start Outlander for the coming quarter. Apparently that's a Starz show now or something? A WWII nurse is flung back in time to 18th century Scotland in the middle of the Jacobite rebellions.

Neil Gaiman is a big one for me; I probably read either American Gods or Good Omens (co-authored with Terry Pratchett) once a year or so. He's a wonderful, wonderful author.

For stuff a bit more old fashioned, Agatha Cristie's Hercule Poirot and Doyle's Sherlock Holmes are some of my favorite stories. I started reading the Detective Zen books after the BBC did a 3 episode miniseries with it and it's both a lot different than the miniseries and a lot better which is saying a lot cause I really liked the show. It's about a Venetian detective in post-Mussolini Italy.

There's the Last Policeman trilogy by Ben Winters which was really good. It's about a policeman in the months leading up to a meteor on course to hit the planet. How society does and doesn't cope and break down as the days / weeks / months tick by was a great backdrop / plot device.

If you like scary/disturbing/off-the-wall stuff, you'd probably love House of Leaves.

Along with Sherlock Holmes, my childhood nostalgic series of choice will always be the Redwall series. If you never heard of it, it's kind of Chronicles of Narnia/Lord of the Rings, but with Mice and Foxes and Badgers and stuff.

I started reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series and basically didn't sleep until I finished the trilogy. It's a shame the author passed away, as the way he'd change genre with each new book was really interesting.

Arturo Perez-Reverte is an author I look up every once and awhile for a good historical thriller (better than the Da Vinci code nonsense, at least). I really liked The Club Dumas and The Flanders Panel. I think he came out with something recently set in the Spanish Civil War I haven't gotten a copy of yet.

Christopher Moore is something of a guilty pleasure; I'd recommend Fool for something in a medieval setting, or A Dirty Job for something with a more modern setting.

D-Day by Stephen Ambrose and The Right Stuff (about the space race) by Tom Wolfe are better than more novels I've read in capturing you and not letting go. There's also Devil in the White City, about the 1893 World Fair in Chicago and the Chicago serial killer active at the same time.

I like books.

prisoner of azkaban is the best one in the series and i will fight anyone who disagrees to the death
Goblet of Fire was arguably better, tbh. And I don't think any had the same sense of wonder as the original book, though that might just be nostalgia goggles.

Also, **** Scholastic. Changing the name to "Sorcerer's Stone" because they assumed Americans would get confused by the word "Philosopher" smh

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

I really liked Graceling, but I've had no luck finding the next tomes of the series (they probably never translated them and I don't want to download them).
:196:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So after typing out that thing about Pirate Warriors, I realized that I hadn't played it since the Switch came out, so I booted it up and binged it the rest of the day. Oops.
It took a while to get used to it again since it's so much more complicated than HW but I shifted back into it fairly quickly. I also gave Mihawk my first actual try and he's a new favorite. He was a bit complicated the first time I played him (his gimmick is that his attack strings loop, and every full cycle of your attack strings powers up his combos) and that deterred me from playing him, but I got the hang of him after a while. However, I still suck as Doflamingo and I still haven't tried Shanks but he's complicated as well so I'll probably suck with him too. And Eneru is still insane lol.

@ Cordelia's art, I think the face on her normal portrait is off, but her attacking and special art look fine.

@ books, I don't really read many books (visual novels are my life now), but the 1 book series that I ever consistently stuck with was The 39 Clues. I think the series finally ended last year but ngl I wouldn't be surprised if they kept going until they had 39 books in the series. I think there's 26 rn and I stopped on 23 iirc. It's basically about... Edit before posting: I originally was going to type this out before realizing how crazy and complex it is to explain. The tl;dr of it is: there's a powerful family, one of the family's ancestors made a special potion or smth using 39 ingredients to become superhuman basically. The family of today finds out about it and goes around the world to get all of the clues. Then to extend the series, multiple people and illuminatti-esque groups try to take and make the potion for themselves so then the family has to stop them because... reasons! Lots of people die. Lots of people don't die. There's just a whole lot of people in this series overall. The end. The books were supposed to have a movie release in... 2012 or 2014 I think? But considering it's 2017 and there's no news on it, it's never happening it sounds like.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Having my boiler replaced today; was going to do some cleaning today. But holding off for tomorrow.

Also, not that long now till the Direct. Still got my hopes up for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle being confirmed for the Switch. :yeahboi:

By the way, I had the stupidest thing happen in Rainmaker on Splatoon 2. (I'm now sticking with the Custom Splattershot Jr. as my main) And what happened was on Manta Maria, my team had the Rainmaker and was getting close to the goal; whereas on the opposing team, one player decided to just run up to over spawn and just ink the turf. While MY TEAM capped. I was just so baffled by it, he either gave up or he didn't know how Rainmaker worked. :V

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
My moveset adjustments for Zelda are now available to try out.

https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/5981
Hmm, reading through the changelist it seems unsurprisingly to be buffs all around. A few things:

1. Odd that you'd make adjustments to make all of her multihits link better. They actually are just about as consistent as can be in vanilla 1.1.6.

2. Altering NAir's fixed KB actually harms some of her og fast fall NAir combos, because less KB = less stun. This would be a nonissue if the landing lag was buffed several frames, and I could have missed it reading over, but I didn't see that buff?

3. A lot of very...direct kind of buffs...? IDK a lot of it comes off as randomly scooping on lots of damage, kill power, and speed to moves. Some things were a little strange (like giving Usmash 14 hits that are low %, while Fsmash's damage is redistributed to higher damage multihits. No sourspots on FW and less...LESS endlag on Dthrow...DTHROW.) I'm personally not fond of how Jab and LKs were handled, but I always had a bit different preferences for those moves.

In the end, there were so many changes, some odd, some spot on, that it's hard to tell exactly how much they'd help (they would, don't get me wrong.) but definitely a larger change around than any other Zelda rework I've seen for S4.

...Actually, I'd just like to add, thanks for having more clear changelists, too.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Got my Junior Cert results back. Pretty happy with how I did, as for subjects I was worried about passing I did just fine in, and did unexpectedly well in some others. Thank goodness that chapter of my life is over.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Co-best husbando is done
IMG_2129.PNG
I had him support Zero because the best husbandos deserve each other

Idk who my next project will be. I want a good Hinata, but I sacrificed my last one to Odin

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
1. Odd that you'd make adjustments to make all of her multihits link better. They actually are just about as consistent as can be in vanilla 1.1.6.
There is a unique kind of knockback angle, which is called Autolink. It enables attacks to trap fighters more easily, even if the fixed knockback strength is on the low side.

I have implemented Autolink onto some of my other moveset edits, which include Palutena, Charizard, Falco, and Wario. I did modify Ganondorf's moveset as well, but only his Flame Chain custom special move uses Autolink.

2. Altering NAir's fixed KB actually harms some of her og fast fall NAir combos, because less KB = less stun. This would be a nonissue if the landing lag was buffed several frames, and I could have missed it reading over, but I didn't see that buff?
The idea with my n-air adjustment is to improve its overall ability to trap fighters long enough to land the final hit; the first 8 hits rehit every 2 frames. If the fixed knockback is too high, then fighters could break free before the final hit is delivered. This is especially notable for Wario's Corkscrew, where the fixed knockback for his multi-hit hitboxes are too high for him to properly use the move on offense. But by weakening the fixed knockback strength, that helps Wario take better advantage of Corkscrew's offensive uses, and leaves him less vulnerable to punishment as well.

3. A lot of very...direct kind of buffs...? IDK a lot of it comes off as randomly scooping on lots of damage, kill power, and speed to moves. Some things were a little strange (like giving Usmash 14 hits that are low %, while Fsmash's damage is redistributed to higher damage multihits. No sourspots on FW and less...LESS endlag on Dthrow...DTHROW.) I'm personally not fond of how Jab and LKs were handled, but I always had a bit different preferences for those moves.

In the end, there were so many changes, some odd, some spot on, that it's hard to tell exactly how much they'd help (they would, don't get me wrong.) but definitely a larger change around than any other Zelda rework I've seen for S4.

...Actually, I'd just like to add, thanks for having more clear changelists, too.
I will admit that some of my changes could be considered questionable to some people, but since Zelda's viability has been very poor, having better KO potential would be a blessing to have for a fighter who's on the slow side. And of course, Zelda is supposed to be like Sheik's polar opposite; while Sheik relies on high ground speed and limited KO moves, Zelda has much more KO moves to compensate for her low ground mobility.

Also, thanks for the compliment on my changelist. I do include the script data changes that I've made, just so that people who download my moveset edits will get an idea on what has been changed.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The problem with the final hit of nair missing has to do with its hitbox being smaller than the mulltihit (the multihit size was buffed from Brawl, the finisher wasn't). Reducing the knockback on those hits is both a nerf to her combo game, and a less-than-ideal solution compared to simply buffing the last hit's size.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The problem with the final hit of nair missing has to do with its hitbox being smaller than the mulltihit (the multihit size was buffed from Brawl, the finisher wasn't). Reducing the knockback on those hits is both a nerf to her combo game, and a less-than-ideal solution compared to simply buffing the last hit's size.
If it helps, I did alter the n-air's hitboxes, so that the multi-hit portion of the attack uses a single extended hitbox, instead of two hitboxes. And since the Autolink angle brings airborne fighters to the center of the extended hitbox, it basically puts them within range of the final hit's hitboxes.

Code:
AttackAirN
	Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=4)
	Bit_Variable_Set(Variable=0x2100000D)
	Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=6)
	Extended_Special_Hitbox(ID=0x0, Part=0x0, Bone=0x0, Damage=1, Angle=0x16E, KBG=0x64, WBKB=0x14, BKB=0x0, Size=4.7, X=0, Y=11, Z=7.6, Effect=0x1A, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=0, Clang=0x0, Rebound=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, SFXLevel=0x0, SFXType=0x10, Ground/Air=0x2, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0xF, Action=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Blockability=0x1, Reflectable=0x0, Absorbable=0x0, Rehit=0x2, IgnoreInvuln=0x0, Unknown=0x0, FacingRestrict=0x0, Unknown=0x0, TeamDamage=0x0, DisableHitlag=0x0, NoGFX=0x0, Flinchless=0x0, X2=0, Y2=12, Z2=-6)
	Extended_Special_Hitbox(ID=0x1, Part=0x0, Bone=0x0, Damage=1, Angle=0x64, KBG=0x64, WBKB=0x14, BKB=0x0, Size=4.7, X=0, Y=11, Z=7.6, Effect=0x1A, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=0, Clang=0x0, Rebound=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, SFXLevel=0x0, SFXType=0x10, Ground/Air=0x1, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0xF, Action=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Blockability=0x1, Reflectable=0x0, Absorbable=0x0, Rehit=0x2, IgnoreInvuln=0x0, Unknown=0x0, FacingRestrict=0x0, Unknown=0x0, TeamDamage=0x0, DisableHitlag=0x0, NoGFX=0x0, Flinchless=0x0, X2=0, Y2=12, Z2=-6)
	Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=22)
	Extended_Hitbox(ID=0x0, Part=0x1, Bone=0x0, Damage=5, Angle=0x169, KBG=0xA0, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x28, Size=4, X=0, Y=12, Z=-6, Effect=0x1A, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=0, Clang=0x0, Rebound=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, SFXLevel=0x1, SFXType=0x10, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0xF, X2=0, Y2=11, Z2=7.6)
	Hitbox(ID=0x1, Part=0x1, Bone=0x3, Damage=5, Angle=0x169, KBG=0xA0, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x28, Size=6, X=0, Y=0, Z=0, Effect=0x1A, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=0, Clang=0x0, Rebound=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, SFXLevel=0x1, SFX=0x10, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0xF)
	Hitbox(ID=0x2, Part=0x1, Bone=0x13, Damage=5, Angle=0x169, KBG=0xA0, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x28, Size=6, X=0, Y=0, Z=0, Effect=0x1A, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=0, Clang=0x0, Rebound=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, SFXLevel=0x1, SFX=0x10, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0xF)
	Synchronous_Timer(Frames=2)
	Remove_All_Hitboxes()
	Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=26)
	Set_Frame_Duration(Speed=0.5)
	Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=38)
	Bit_Variable_Clear(Variable=0x2100000D)
	Script_End()

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
SO THAT FE WARRIORS LEAK MAY BE REAL