• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
kamiya has been hinting at something for the switch. either bayonetta 3, bayonetta 1 and 2 for switch, or Wonderful 102. idk
I think I'd rather not have a Bayonetta 3 than increase the possibility of Bayo for the next iteration of Smash.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Facebook is good sometimes. That last face will probably be a good avatar.

I think I'd rather not have a Bayonetta 3 than increase the possibility of Bayo for the next iteration of Smash.
HOW DARE U

I think if they got rid of her extended aerial combos, like where she turns UpA into a constant spin or whatever. Then worked on how her UpB/SideB worked, they could turn her into something less game breaking. Like when aerial, 1 UPB and 2 double jumps since her double jumps were pretty lofty. While Witch Time is still OP, it's still not as OP as some of the counters in the game that DON'T get worn down and can just lead to earlier KOs (lol CornCounterzzz).

They'd have to seriously buff her Smash Attacks tho. They should have transcendence like Zeldoos or at least be NOT get stopped without stopping the animation (since it leaves her super vulnerable).

Besides, at the end of the day I'd rather fight Bayo than Ryu. His UpB is basically a kill button that you can't even punish because lol invinc frames lolololol :^) :^) :^) (made worse because of super armored DownB -> guaranteed input UpB)
I've always wondered; can Lucina/Alm/etc SI Falchion to other Falchion users? Like, can I use a 5* Masked Marth to give a 4* Chrom the Falchion?
No. You can only give 4* Chrom a 5* Chrom's Falchion, but you can't give it to a 4* Masked Lucina.

I'm just running a generic heauxrse emblem team with ninian/cecilia/marx/reinhardt. i can give you the builds for each one if you really want them

i've been actually doing my bonus rounds the real way in lunatic 7, but i've been doing the auto battles on the hard 5 difficulty. I tried it on the lunatic ones, but my units would just kill themselves within the first few maps. On hard 5, my team can easily get to the final map on auto battle, and can beat the final map about 50% of the time. The other times, I have to clean up the last couple units with my flier emblem team.

with a 40% bonus unit, i can get about 450 or so points per run on auto battle, which is pretty good for literally 0 effort on my part. since you have some crazy +10 gorls, you could probably try the higher difficulties on auto battle and get even more points. just make sure to go into the settings and make it so auto battle continues through the entire run. that way, you don't have to press the button for each map, which would be annoying

if you are going to auto battle, make sure to unequip the weapons on your dancers/healers or else they'll try to attack the enemies and just end up dying.
Thanks gorlie. I will now be lazy while I'm out getting drunkerino.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ye gorlo, keep her. Her only useful skill inheritance would be Aether. But even a neutral Lucina is close. Dump 3* bad natures with bad SI first. Even I don't really get rid of my 5*s and my luck is stupid good for getting those. (My luck was so good that Hero Fest was actually a nightmare for me tbh)
But masked Marth can't give Aether because masked Marth has no skills. :p

@Virtue, I do agree with Lil Puddin on at least keeping one masked Marth. Everyone has different play styles, but I still think it's a good idea to have a lot of level 40, 4* units even if you don't intend to invest in them, especially the GHB units and quest units who tend to have quests associated with them. If they're usable in some way like they're not -Atk or -Spd when they need those stats, then they should be fine, so that you can have units for Arena Assault, Squad Assault, or whatever. You can even use them to cheese the Tempest Trials like I'm doing with Eliwood and Ninian. Would have used Anna and masked Marth, but they saw a lot of use in the previous one, so they have a ton of SP and it's kind of annoying since masked Marth already has everything I want while I'm not sure what I want to do with Anna. Anyway, I digress.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I pulled my first 4 Star Athena today, and she's +Atk/-Spd. It seems like she has speed to spare, so it won't ruin her. I'll keep her at 4 Stars though, since Sword EXP is fully unlocked already and I can use her to help train swordies, along with Gray :p

I'm dedicating my feathers to improving all of my current units, at least for a while. I have two or three really good teams...but that's it. I have a whole bunch of 5 Stars that have been sittin around the castle, gathering dust on their poor weapons, so I'll work on fixing it. My first goal is completely merging my Female Robin to +5, using the extra two that I'll get once her battle returns in a couple weeks. I'll decide who to work on after that. I might try fully merging Masked Marth, since the game already did half the work for me.

But until then, thanks to the blessing of a full SP week, I've been finally working on Sanaki and Innes's SP grinding. I gave Innes the Brave Bow+, but I still want to do an Owl team one day. Oooone day. As for Sanaki, she has Swordbreaker and Glacies, and she's just a nuke pretty much. With the best voice in the game cause Agnès <3
Gamepedia has gone even more insane I think. Right now they're on a high giving everyone Steady Breath, but...

This is a build for Alm
Wo Dao on someone who already has Falchion and works well with it, pairing Ignis with Wo Dao, and maybe try giving SB to units who have an actual defense stat? Even Tobin has better stats to run this set that already makes no sense and he actually does need an insane build like this to work while Alm is fine with his base set to an extent. (Side note: Tobin does in fact have the same exact build listed)
I just...
What
To be fair, Steady Breath is REALLY good. My +HP/-Spd Brave Ike used it (plus Urvan's damage reduction) to solo a tempest Ogma on the final Lunatic map who was quad hitting him.
Course, he only managed to barely survive cause of Urvan, turning 15x4 into 18x2, with Aether dropping in between each double-hit

Still though, I also noticed when looking up Athena that I think they gave her a steady breath build too...Skill favoritism is not good

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

New Warriors trailer went up, it essentially gave an overview on all of the Awakening characters, which means we got our first gameplay of Frederick!
HE HAS LISSA'S SUPERGLUE AXE, so now I'm wondering if it's some kind of attribute that all axes have, so maybe Camilla has it as well. And Lissa herself is still looking as top tier as ever.
I'm still waiting to see if Tharja will get added, but maybe she'll get added down the line as DLC? Like they did for some of the Zelda characters in HW. (I still think it'd be a good idea to have Tharja have a Rhajat alt, since they both fundementally play the same. Though they'd probably give Rhajat a different slot since she uses Spirits instead of Tomes).

Anyway, I'm doing fine myself. Played some more Splatoon 2 last night, though I wasn't getting any good pulls for abilities. But I did get a lot of money from the Superbonuses. I got about close to 100k again from just 12 Rewards in Salmon Run; and the Superbonuses are tokens for Crusty Sean's which is even better (I got a few Special Power Up tokens and Run Speed Up too). Will probably try and get some Ink Saver and Ink Recovery tickets or chunks. Since I definitely need to get them for my build.

Also, Custom Splattershot Jr. is out now. With the Autobomb and Inkstorm. Not too bad. I'll also be checking out last week's episode on MHA in a bit too.

Last edited:
but if you hit him does he still vomit sewage on you?
idk what sakurai was thinking when it came to that

but im not surprised. ganondorf is still the way he is so w/e i guess
Toad's neutral B would be a counter where he just acted like Peach's neutral B. :Thinking:

Down-B definitely pluck, side-B...?
imo they should make him like his captain toad counterpart, unable to jump. that way, people won't have to argue about who the worst character is anymore

on a serious note and actually, he's gotten his own game already via treasure tracker. just base it off from there and you're kinda good to go. not sure about the specifics though. idk what to do about jumping though since they actually went as far to establish the lore behind the character being unable to jump
Considering that makes 7 Mario characters not counting DK Diddy and Wario the only way that that could happen would be the removal of one. And personally, I'd love Toad over Rosalina And Luma or Toad over Bowser Jr.
fire emblem exists. im fine if the mario series alone has 10 characters or that **** tbh

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
No doubt Fire Emblem is ridiculous, but I think it'll get cut down if there is a next Smash. The Mario series is Nintendo's most iconic., so at least its overepresentation has an excuse. Personally, I think Kirby and Zelda seriously need new characters.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I just hope the direct is actually real I need my hype for the season

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I decided to play Xenoblade X again. I chose Shulk's original VA and heard an "I'm really feeling it!" :4shulk: Also Elma is as cool as ever
Huh...I was curious, and checked Elma's VA, and it turns out she also voices Mathilda in FE SoV. I never would have guessed
I got a +Atk -Spe Brave Roy today.

Ray did a 10/10 job voice acting

:150:
His Brave Roy performance made me want Ray to do an English dub for Smash Roy even more. He fits Roy pretty well imo.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
On this day, let it be known that my first 5* on my current file and second 5* after 5* Fae on my first file has been asked to give his strength to another. You shall be missed, +Res, -HP Hawkeye even though you got slaughtered by Veronica on Lunatic 9-5 for a quest a while back. May your bara muscles enliven the knight of Lycia and proud father of Roy: Eliwood.

He's +Atk, -Res if anyone's wondering.
Screenshot_20170909-234637.png

Eliwood will never be as strong as BH Roy as player phase unit with Durandal, but Eliwood would never have it any other way than for his son to surpass him. Eliwood's still a pretty good mage tank even with -Res, though, and he can use Def Ploy if he's =Res.

I did this as a way to use up the SP he was getting from the TT and I had everything I needed and wanted for Eliwood. Also, it frees up space in the barracks. :p

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I decided to play Xenoblade X again. I chose Shulk's original VA and heard an "I'm really feeling it!" :4shulk: Also Elma is as cool as ever
Huh...I was curious, and checked Elma's VA, and it turns out she also voices Mathilda in FE SoV. I never would have guessed

His Brave Roy performance made me want Ray to do an English dub for Smash Roy even more. He fits Roy pretty well imo.
Game is low-key kinda good. I've been playing it on and off for the past two months and there's so much to do.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
THEY ALL HAVE GREAT IV'S AS WELL. Ike is +Def -Res 38 BASE DEFENSE THAT GOES UP TO 42 DURING THE ENEMY PHASE BEFORE ANY BUFFS AND URVAN'S REDUCTION STUFF TY. Lyn is +Atk -Res MOVE OUT BRIDELIAHEAUX WITH THIS 36 ATK/35 SPD SPREAD WITH EXTRA MOVEMENT, HORSE BUFFS, AND SWIFT SPARROW INCLUDED. Lucina is +Atk -Spd and the -Spd is unfortunate but she's mostly a buff bot anyways so idm BASE 53 ATTACK WITH 33 SPEED ISN'T BAD AT ALL, MAYBE JUST SLAP ON DARTING BLOW AND SHE GUD.
I still haven't gotten my free unit so the choice there now is between Roy to finish out the collection, or Ike to give someone else Steady Breath (I heard some talk about A!Tiki being great with Steady Breath and that sounds fun. Or maybe I'll just give it to Oboro because waifu).

No but seriously, if I ever complain about this game again, send a link back to this post. @ FUTURE SELF, STOP COMPLAINING. YOU GOT 3 OF THE BEST UNITS IN THE GAME IN A SINGLE SUMMON WITH GREAT IV'S AS WELL. YOU ALSO GOT +ATK REIN AND OLWEN IN THE SAME SUMMON BACK WHEN THE GAME FIRST CAME OUT. YOUR ECHOES TEAM HAS AMAZING IV'S. THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE THING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IS GETTING ANOTHER 5 STAR LACHESIS UNLESS IT'S AN ALTERNATE, NON-TRASH-HEALER LACHESIS.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Catching up with 2GG West Side, since I forgot it was live yesterday.

Here's the Top 8 Results:

1st. ZeRo :4diddy:
2nd. Tweek :4cloud::4dk:
3rd. Shuton :4olimar:
4th. KEN :4sonic:
5th. Kirihara :rosalina:
5th. Nairo :4zss:
7th. Tsu- :4lucario:
7th. Charliedaking :4fox:

Not a big surprise that ZeRo won AGAIN. smh

Also, I've tried out the Custom Splattershot Jr.. And I thought I'd give my own opinion on it, since Cress! Cress! might have his own thoughts on it.

I honestly think it's a very good weapon. It covers turf well, and with Special Charge Up, you'll be consistently getting Ink Storms off. Plus, with the oversaturation of Aerospray MGs, I think this does its job better with grinding money. Plus it's a good weapon in Ranked. Especially in Splat Zones and Tower Control; just inking some often unused areas helps fill it up so quickly.

I've managed to get some nice kills with the Custom Splattershot Jr., and even managed to score close to/over 1000p with it too. Mix it with the Special Power Up too and it's quite a pain to get past its Ink Storm, and with Autobomb either forcing opponents to retreat or just risk getting ambushed; it feels much better then the original Splattershot Jr.

Btw, my University stuff for my next course arrived through the post yesterday; has all kinds of stuff for me to learn in IT. Binary, Percentages, Numeracy, etc. This is going to be fun. :yeahboi:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Also, I've tried out the Custom Splattershot Jr.. And I thought I'd give my own opinion on it, since Cress! Cress! might have his own thoughts on it.

BAN•ZELDA
I've been using it quite a bit and it seems pretty good so far in TW but I can't tell if I'm actually doing well with it, or if I'm just playing against bad players. It does have a good sub and special, but so does the original Jr. I'd say the original is a bit more aggressively-focused, while the Custom is focused more on supporting aggressive players.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Shuton beat ZeRo, which was awesome to watch. People criticise the Smash 4 Community for being Japan fanboys but they bring so much hype to the game that it's excusable.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've been using it quite a bit and it seems pretty good so far in TW but I can't tell if I'm actually doing well with it, or if I'm just playing against bad players. It does have a good sub and special, but so does the original Jr. I'd say the original is a bit more aggressively-focused, while the Custom is focused more on supporting aggressive players.
I've taken it for a run on Splat Zones, it provides very strong stage control. I'd recommend trying it out on Splat Zones and Tower Control, it works wonders on area denial.

Also, my build is now complete (Sort of?). It now has the following:

Fishfry Visor: (Main: Special Charge Up. Subs: Quick Respawn, Ink Saver Sub x2)
Anchor Life Vest: (Main: Special Power Up. Subs: Special Power Up x2, Ink Saver Main)
White Norimaki 750s: (Main: Swim Speed Up. Subs: Quick Respawn, Ink Saver Sub, Special Power Up)

Might change my shoes for something else.

Also, I see you editing my spoiler in your quote. :secretkpop:

Shuton beat ZeRo, which was awesome to watch. People criticise the Smash 4 Community for being Japan fanboys but they bring so much hype to the game that it's excusable.
Agreed. It's always awesome seeing Japanese Smash 4. Since there's so much variety and freshness. Unlike the US where we usually see the usual characters like Sheik, Diddy, Fox, Cloud, etc. But Japan? Nah. We get to see Link, Olimar, Duck Hunt, Sonic, Rosa and so on.

They always bring the hype. If Shuton won 2GGC West Side, I think we would've seen something glorious.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I got +Res/-Def Cordelia instead of Ephraim >: c but I guess I'll use her since she's good
THEY ALL HAVE GREAT IV'S AS WELL. Ike is +Def -Res 38 BASE DEFENSE THAT GOES UP TO 42 DURING THE ENEMY PHASE BEFORE ANY BUFFS AND URVAN'S REDUCTION STUFF TY. Lyn is +Atk -Res MOVE OUT BRIDELIAHEAUX WITH THIS 36 ATK/35 SPD SPREAD WITH EXTRA MOVEMENT, HORSE BUFFS, AND SWIFT SPARROW INCLUDED. Lucina is +Atk -Spd and the -Spd is unfortunate but she's mostly a buff bot anyways so idm BASE 53 ATTACK WITH 33 SPEED ISN'T BAD AT ALL, MAYBE JUST SLAP ON DARTING BLOW AND SHE GUD.
I still haven't gotten my free unit so the choice there now is between Roy to finish out the collection, or Ike to give someone else Steady Breath (I heard some talk about A!Tiki being great with Steady Breath and that sounds fun. Or maybe I'll just give it to Oboro because waifu).

No but seriously, if I ever complain about this game again, send a link back to this post. @ FUTURE SELF, STOP COMPLAINING. YOU GOT 3 OF THE BEST UNITS IN THE GAME IN A SINGLE SUMMON WITH GREAT IV'S AS WELL. YOU ALSO GOT +ATK REIN AND OLWEN IN THE SAME SUMMON BACK WHEN THE GAME FIRST CAME OUT. YOUR ECHOES TEAM HAS AMAZING IV'S. THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE THING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IS GETTING ANOTHER 5 STAR LACHESIS UNLESS IT'S AN ALTERNATE, NON-TRASH-HEALER LACHESIS.
I hope you're forced to play Sand Wand for the rest of your life tbh

Game is low-key kinda good. I've been playing it on and off for the past two months and there's so much to do.
Yeah, I had fun with it the first time. The story may be kinda bland, but I still like the characters and the gameplay is magnificent

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Personally, I think Kirby and Zelda seriously need new characters.
To be honest, until BOTW came out there weren't that many characters Zelda could add. Midna was always a popular choice but apparently she never got above "Assist Trophy" status on their internal list.

Not sure what other Kirby characters there are to add. They've been trying to make Bandana Dee a thing, but he's never going to be a thing.

Also, in case anyone cares, Sloane Stevens, an unseeded player, won the Women's Championship trophy at the US Open against the 15th-seed player in one of the most disgusting curbstomps I've ever seen. That both of them even got to GF was something no one could have expected and they played amazing on the way there, but that GF was just painful.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
To be honest, until BOTW came out there were that many character Zelda could add. Midna was always a popular choice but apparently she never got above "Assist Trophy" status on their internal list.

Not sure what other Kirby characters there are to add. They've been trying to mane Bandana Dee a thing, but he's never going to be a thing.

Also, in case anyone cares, Sloane Stevens, an unseeded player, won the Women's Championship trophy at the US Open against the 15th-seed player in one of the most disgusting curbstomps I've ever seen. That both of them even got to GF was something no one could have expected and they played amazing on the way there, but that GF was just painful.
As much as I love Kirby, it being my favorite series, I agree. There's not many characters with unique traits in the Kirby games other than the 3 we already have. Hell, Return to Dreamland couldn't come up with a 4th significant character other than a special Waddle Dee. So considering that, if Kirby ever gets a 4th character, Bandana Dee is the most likely candidate. Unless they make Galacta Knight a Meta Knight clone

For Zelda, I think HW Impa would fit pretty well.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
No doubt Fire Emblem is ridiculous, but I think it'll get cut down if there is a next Smash. The Mario series is Nintendo's most iconic., so at least its overepresentation has an excuse. Personally, I think Kirby and Zelda seriously need new characters.
Maybe they should revamp Zelda and Ganondork first so they don't suck.

Then they can add new characters from LoZ. :^)

I got a +Atk -Spe Brave Roy today.

Ray did a 10/10 job voice acting

:150:
Ray did a better job voicing Roy than Eliwood and that confuses me. Unless the idea is that Eliwood = Pansi Boi and Roy = Brave Boy.

Oh so that's where my luck went. :secretkpop:

I actually managed to get 4% 5* Rate and I'm actually hoping for Amelia and not another B.Ike. I am somewhat excited since I got some nice fodders in the process instead of high tier-but-bad-IV-and-bad-fodder units.

O btw. Again. Don't merge units unless it's for better IVs (so once or twice). Arena Assault is a nightmare and getting Defense Wins without mega-cheese is hard. noty noty noty noty n o t y

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
save this man pls

Wait... Ray Chase didn't voice Eliwood. Yuri Lowenthal did.
oopsT 2muchWine

I was always under the assumption it was the same dude but using a higher voice. But I also haven't clicked on Eliwood's profile since I sacrificed him to Flying Waifu Shanna a few months ago.

Eliwood sounds like he's younger than Roy, that I remember for sure. Which still bothers me and continues to deter me from ever clicking on BugBois's profile.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
oopsT 2muchWine

I was always under the assumption it was the same dude but using a higher voice. But I also haven't clicked on Eliwood's profile since I sacrificed him to Flying Waifu Shanna a few months ago.

Eliwood sounds like he's younger than Roy, that I remember for sure. Which still bothers me and continues to deter me from ever clicking on BugBois's profile.
I just posted this yesterday night about Eliwood: https://smashboards.com/threads/zel...-internet-cafe.344739/page-3263#post-21834977. There's even a screenshot.

Anyway, I think Yuri's voice is naturally higher-pitched than Ray Chase's or he decided to go with a youthful voice for Eliwood which is kind of weird since the Eliwood in Heroes says stuff about his son Roy which implies it's after Blazing Sword, so, he should be in his twenties if not thirties or even early forties like in Binding Blade rather than late teens like in Blazing Sword. I know Ray can go deep if Noctis in FFXV's demo is any indication, but the lowest I've heard Yuri go is with Sasuke in Naruto and it's still pretty mild compared to Noctis. Checking a video interview of him, Eliwood seems to be his normal speaking voice which reminds me of Ratchet and Tidus being James Arnold Taylor's speaking voice. I think Marth and Merric would a bit higher than his normal speaking voice. I'll need to check, though.

So, non-FEH talk, I was checking on how Battle Chef Brigade and Battle Chasers are going on with their development. Battle Chef Brigade looks really awesome and apparently it's going to be on the Switch. I didn't watch Nintendo's Indie Direct, but I think it was one there. Not sure. GameXplain had gameplay of it on their channel. It's Iron Chef as a game with 2D combat like in Muramasa the Demon Blade and with awesome art that reminds me of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. Not so sure if I like the cooking mechanic which is kind of like Tetris or Bejeweled. Still, the idea of beating the crap out of wildlife to get ingredients and competing like in Iron Chef is the best thing ever.

As for Battle Chasers, either I never noticed this or they just put it in: you can see the turn order of both your party members and the enemies. The last time I remember seeing this was in Final Fantasy X and while I played it poorly when I was younger, it's still pretty awesome you can tell who will go when and what actions can change turn order. Here's recent gameplay of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNlSnjfMKI.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
You assume too much, gorlo. I only looked at it for a split second before his bug eyes seared through my screen. :^)

Also what the hell is that game even? Kinda reminds me of Mana Khemia's battle system and Atelier Iris 3's battle system. I miss Gust Games... They're only on Playstation and I stopped messing with PS after PS2. Though I also heard Gust games became perv-tastic compared to the usual 5/10 on the creepster perv scale. Which sounds impossible. But if it's true then that sounds awful. Or funny. IDK which it would be. aaaaaa

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think Zelda should have FW on all 4 specials so it doesn't stale.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You assume too much, gorlo. I only looked at it for a split second before his bug eyes seared through my screen. :^)

Also what the hell is that game even? Kinda reminds me of Mana Khemia's battle system and Atelier Iris 3's battle system. I miss Gust Games... They're only on Playstation and I stopped messing with PS after PS2. Though I also heard Gust games became perv-tastic compared to the usual 5/10 on the creepster perv scale. Which sounds impossible. But if it's true then that sounds awful. Or funny. IDK which it would be. aaaaaa
Battle Chasers: Nightwar is based on a comic book series by Joe Madueira who is known for being the artist for the Darksiders games, Inhuman, and some of the issues of the Uncanny X-Men.

It's basically his way of continuing his series, but in game form after THQ's bankruptcy and Vigil Games going down as well. So, he ended up forming a new studio, Airship Syndicate, that's kind of indie-ish since I think Battle Chasers was funded entirely by Kickstarter until Nordic Games or THQ Nordic as they rebranded themselves since they picked up a lot of THQ's IP's decided to publish the game which is funny since Darksiders 3 is in development, but Joe Madueira isn't working on it at all as far as I know.

I've never read the comic book series, but it seems like a RPG would make sense if it were a game. I'm interested in it since I really like his art and I've been a fan since playing Darksiders. It's very distinctive and stylized. His concept art for monsters and enemies are pretty badass to me and I guess a comparison would be like Dave Guertin and Greg Baldwin who worked on Ratchet & Clank.

Anyway, as for Gust, I remember seeing Atelier games on Steam. They're still working Atelier games along with non-Atelier games like Nights of Azure and Blue Reflection whatever those are and apparently they were under Koei Tecmo since 2011 according to Wikipedia.

Edit: I had 100 orbs, so why not. I didn't get any of the other BH units, but I finally have a Klein and he's +Spd. Also, Ogma which means I have all of the Yamada Akihiro heroes. I hope he gets commissioned to do more heroes. His art is so badass-looking.
4* Bartre: +Atk, -Def.

4* Fae: +Def, -Res.

4* Klein: +Spd, -Res.

4* Niles: +Def, -Atk. Ew. Just... Ew.

4* Ogma: +HP, -Def.

Also, forgot about her, but my freebie summon from Eirika and Ephraim's BHB banner was a +Atk, -Def 4* Florina.

Last edited:
Top Bottom