• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
She is in the offense category. The rest of the DPS is higher in terms of raw potential. (280DPS headshot McCree, 176+120 bodyshot Soldier, 120DPS times however many targets for Pharah, 240DPS Tracer, etc). She feels fun, but never safe in a fight - thanks to her spread. Tracer can do whatever the hell she pleases and just vomits damage. Soldier's spread isn't a real handicap, because he can just tack on some bullets and then delete 120HP. Sombra has to rely solely on her gun and it's pretty much at max spread the moment she fires... Oops, RIP Sombrero gorl.

The gorl is pretty good up close (headshots at 3m or further are not 100% accuracy lmao). Her new buff should help her feel better. Because she is supposed to be a Tracer/Frontline hybrid, but she is held back by her Translocator. If it's not up, she can't do anything to harass the enemy. Same goes for Stealth, which is not as fluid as Tracer's blinks.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Tho for realsie, are they good units? If not, I won't bother with that summoning roster and will try the Princess one instead for a chance at Elise.
idk I've been playing Zelda all day. Rein is +Attack -Defense which is cool (basically a +6 to attack since Dire Thunder hits twice), but his defense is one of the random stats that gets a -4 if it's a bane sooooo pls don't touch me Camilla with your... uh... loving embrace. Yeah. That. Olwen is +Defense -HP which... eh. Not going to change much I feel.

Also speaking of Zelderp, I got the Master Sword today =D I won't say how I got it (but I'll admit I looked up a guide and found zero hints in-game on how to get it unless you wanted to waste a few hours of your life), but it's worth it I feel. It actually isn't "evry1 is ded in 1 hit woooooo" like other Zelda games, but it still packs a punch and can't break so I'll take it.

Also visited Hyrule Castle for my first time today. I thought it would be just a fun stroll through some ruins. I left traumatized for life.

Edit: Oh yeah the OW balancing. Somehow I feel like this won't really change much at higher levels, although Zen will probably be played over Ana a bit more (Ana will still be played more overall tho). I just wanna see how Orisa will fit into teams and if she's worth learning to use (but I'll use ha anyways since it's a tank so o well).

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Lavani sacrificed himself for me while we were being chased by a Guardian up a cliff, allowing me to jump off his back at the last second. As I watched his flaming body tumble into the abyss, I knew... I would avenge him.

Lavani 2.0 lasted five ****ing minutes before this happened.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Been checking more UMvC3, where someone has now modded Hsien-Ko, Vergil and Haggar to have Wolverine, Phoenix and Magneto's animations.

Finally, Hsien-Ko's no longer bottom tier. :secretkpop:

Also, Pokemon Shuffle got updated. Gen 7 Pokemon are now added, you get 10k Coins and 30 Hearts for it and they made it easier to give your Pokemon booster items like EXP Booster, Skill Booster, Max Level, etc. And there's an icon next to the Pokemon as well that tell you which stages you can do to get personalized Skill Boosters which is neat.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Okay but Elise ain't doing so hot against the Eirika Squad. #TeamEirikaRepresent

Also Antonykun Antonykun I shall send a massive thank you and good blessings along your way for lending me your Abel. He's carrying all my battles.
So, I would have still chosen poorly!? ;_;

Well, at least Sharena is up to 1 billion to Lucina's 2 billion. Got to use a Camilla and a Klein whose I'm voice not sure if I like. I'm pretty sure Burgundy's Corrin has accompanied all 3 battles I've done.

Kind of didn't know who to go for since while I like Eirika and Ephraim for being unique lords, I don't know enough about them to care beyond that, Elise isn't my favorite of the Fates siblings, but her visit quote is adorable, Leo has the same problem as Eirika and Ephraim, and Chrom and Lucina are just Chrom and Lucina, so that pretty much leaves Sharena. Alfonse was never considered, so there's that. :p

Also, looking at the rankings and it's kind of hilarious, but also sad to see pretty much everyone with 5*, high tier units like there are so many people with Lucina, Lyn, Roy, Takumi, etc. Saw a dude with Hector and another with Ryoma. Meanwhile, just me and Gaius.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So, I would have still chosen poorly!? ;_;

Well, at least Sharena is up to 1 billion to Lucina's 2 billion. Got to use a Camilla and a Klein whose voice not sure if I like. I'm pretty sure Burgundy's Corrin has accompanied all 3 battles I've done.

Kind of didn't know who to go for since while I like Eirika and Ephraim for being unique lords I don't know enough about them to care beyond that, Elise isn't my favorite of the Fates siblings, but her visit cute is adorable, Leo has the same problem as Eirika and Ephraim, and Chrom and Lucina are just Chrom and Lucina, so that pretty much leaves Sharena. Alfonse was never considered, so there's that. :p

Also, looking at the rankings and it's kind of hilarious, but also sad to see pretty much everyone with 5*, high tier units like there are so many people with Lucina, Lyn, Roy, Takumi, etc. Saw a dude with Hector and another with Ryoma. Meanwhile, just me and Gaius.
I should probably make Hector or Marth my leader so everyone can use them..
I tried one battle and got 3 Sword units...the game hates me

Also to everyone with a switch, here's my code
SW-2336-1089-0711
Add me plz :drifloon:

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Lavani sacrificed himself for me while we were being chased by a Guardian up a cliff, allowing me to jump off his back at the last second. As I watched his flaming body tumble into the abyss, I knew... I would avenge him.

Lavani 2.0 lasted five ****ing minutes before this happened.

Meanwhile, Fuujin has been immortal since day 1. Even when I went into Hyrule Castle with half a billion guardians following me, ha bleßed self just didn't care about getting hit.
Also she just looks so fabulous.

Fephoenix

Smash Cadet
Meanwhile, Fuujin has been immortal since day 1. Even when I went into Hyrule Castle with half a billion guardians following me, ha bleßed self just didn't care about getting hit.
Also she just looks so fabulous.
Considering the amount of the lag you should have had, I'd say your Wii U or Switch is immortal.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I should probably make Hector or Marth my leader so everyone can use them..
I tried one battle and got 3 Sword units...the game hates me

Also to everyone with a switch, here's my code
SW-2336-1089-0711
Add me plz :drifloon:
OMG. Hector is awesome. I wished he actually threw his axe for Distant Counter, but oh well. I'm guessing Ryoma doesn't raise his Raijinto to cast a lightning bolt then. Oh, and I love his, "Oh ho!" Oh ho, indeed, Hector. Oh ho... I wished I had Hector. Meanwhile, the other green units. >_>

That said, F!Robin's becoming one of my favorite mages in the game alongside Merric who's just powerful right now since he was the first 4* mage I ever got and Nino's -- don't have her on this file -- such a cutie. Odin's a dork and I love him even if he's kind of meh. Love his "OVERDOING! -- As usual", Special quote. Cecilla's fine -- having defense bane sucks for her -- and Sophia is just disappointing with how she gets doubled by everything and also dies to blue mages despite having good resistance.

Anyway, got to use an Eldigan. I love his voice. It's so husky. Whoever did his art made him look awesome as well. Makes me think of an edgy bishie. He and Klein are pretty much the only new heroes I want other than Olwen and Reinhardt for obvious, blue drought reasons, but Eldigan would just be another red unit and while Klein would be the one and only other archer I would have, he's apparently squishy which doesn't help when Virion gets destroyed by mages. That and I don't like his voice.

Also, I have no idea how they determine which friend's unit gets added to your team -- probably based on recently played --, but I don't think I've ever gotten anyone, but you as my teammate. It's weird. Also, an Effie destroyed your Corrin, my Gaius, and some random Eldigan -- I think I've gotten Eldigan on my team like 2-3 times.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Since someone posted what is probably one of the best player entrances in CEO.

I wanna ask, what are your favourite player entrances in a FGC Tournament?

ANTi's is pretty good, but Dieminion's SF4 entrance is just amazing. Seriously, go check that out.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Pink rathian is actually cancer lol
I don't know what I was thinking trying to solo the hr urgent.
Managed to complete it with only 5 minutes left.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Pink rathian is actually cancer lol
I don't know what I was thinking trying to solo the hr urgent.
Managed to complete it with only 5 minutes left.
I heard from a friend a while back that the Silver Rathalos in the Fire Emblem Quest is a HUGE pain in the backside in Generations. Best of luck with trying to clear that quest. :V

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Okay but Elise ain't doing so hot against the Eirika Squad. #TeamEirikaRepresent

Also Antonykun Antonykun I shall send a massive thank you and good blessings along your way for lending me your Death-on-a-horse. He's carrying all my battles.
FTFY

sadly he can't one shot a normal takumi without set up

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
KoF XIV's first DLC character is Whip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixbxN1GacO8. Cool and kind of expected since she and Yamazaki's silhouettes were easily discerned. Now I wait for Vanessa.

Also, I think I'm going to have nightmares from listening to L's. G.A. by Salvatore Martirano. The title supposedly stands for Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. It is nothing like that. If anything, it's like something out of Silent Hill. By that, I mean literally something from Silent Hill. At least Piano Phase by Steve Reich is normal...

Edit: Another page steal!

Y'know, with it being March, this gif is pretty appropriate. Silent Hill vibes continue with Martirano's song; it's 24 minutes long if anyone's curious. Raspberries and demented, high-pitched, demonic voices are not helping.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So I've been debating with myself about buying the Switch... I know I won't play it enough for it to be worth the money, but for some reason that's not enough reason to not buy it.

I haven't been able to use my debit card for a few days due to getting a new one, so thus far I've been unable to even buy it, but here in an hour my new card will be ready to go and I just don't know if I'll be able to stop myself from getting on Amazon and buying it immediately.

Convince me one way or the other.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So I've been debating with myself about buying the Switch... I know I won't play it enough for it to be worth the money, but for some reason that's not enough reason to not buy it.

I haven't been able to use my debit card for a few days due to getting a new one, so thus far I've been unable to even buy it, but here in an hour my new card will be ready to go and I just don't know if I'll be able to stop myself from getting on Amazon and buying it immediately.

Wait for, like, a good collectors pack thingie.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
imo the best course of action is to do what I'm doing and wait a few months until some better games release and then buy it

Or just buy it right now and then post pictures of it when it gets delivered so you can boost your ego with fake internet points

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

I would wait.

Zelda is already on wii u, and theres nothing else besides zelda on switch worth playing until mario kart which is a port anyways.

I'll be waiting until they announce a new revision or a good bundle.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

10 "exclusive" games currently out rule.

For me, that's only BotW. Dragon Quest Heroes: I and II looks cool, but I'd rather get the PS4 version since that can run at 60FPS while the Switch version was said to run at an unstable 30FPS; or an earlier installment since I've never played a DQ game.

In the future, there's going to be Fire Emblem Warriors, Fire Emblem Switch, Splatoon 2, and Super Mario Odyssey. That's only 5 games and 4 of them are not out. Eventual Metroid? Eventual Star Fox? Eventual Mother game considering all 3 are on Virtual Console? Fantastic, except they are not out yet.

Part me wants to wait for an updated version of it. Either a "slim" version where it's not actually slim, but more efficient because of inevitable advancement in technology and lower costs or perhaps even a "New Switch" where it's got a stronger CPU and GPU which is possible given Microsoft (Xbox One Scorpio), Nintendo (New 3DS), and Sony (PS4 Pro) have all done mid-generation for one reason or another and with varying success. Now, here's hoping Wii U's don't become extremely expensive.

Anyway, that reminds me of Nier for some reason. Oh, right, because of Automata being successful and really hyped up, the original Nier games have had their prices hiked up. Those games were like bargain bin prices and were cult classics basically. It's not as a bad as pre-Awakening Fire Emblem games. Freaking Path of Radiance is like 80-some dollars and I was lucky and unlucky to have bought Radiant Dawn for 50 dollars. The used game store only holds the item; they do not as far as I know, give you a quote until you show up. Bought it knowing that it would be a pain in the ass to try and find another copy and that it would probably be even more expensive. Ditto on Star Fox; I'm pretty sure Assault ran for like 20 bucks used before Zero where it is now +50 bucks. I think Command is either still reasonably priced or probably had its priced hiked up. Weirdly enough, I was able to grab Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door for like 20 bucks before seeing it again for 50 around the time Sticker Star was released. Nintendo and Square Enix, please make these available digitally or port them over... I like Nier's story, but every time I see gameplay of it, I just don't want to play it.

Oh, and checked the weapons that showed up in Nier: Automata. Each weapon has a story and I've noticed references to Drakengard 1 -- pretty sure it was 1 -- and Nier: Gestalt and Replicant. Not sure if Drakengard 2 and 3 were referenced through the weapons or elsewhere while the Engine Blade you can get makes Noctis and Regis's story even sadder. The other stories are just ****ed up and I love it. I kind of wished they referenced Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance or maybe Bayonetta and Devil May Cry. Not just because Platinum Games worked on the games, but because it could have fit. A katana referencing Raiden's insanity as Jack the Ripper, the despair of Jetstream Sam, the angels of Bayonetta, etc. Just references, not cameos or anything which would require the creator's a-okay.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Looking for my 3DS, since I do not know where I last put it. I have a feeling it might've been misplaced, but hopefully I'll find it soon.
Also getting all of my University work together for this assignment. And going to see what else I need to put in as well incase I'm missing anything.

Fephoenix

Smash Cadet
Fire Emblem Heroes team battles went mostly how I predicted it. LONG DIE THE FATES SIBLINGS! And now it's actually turning out to be interesting. As of now, I believe Chrom and (to be edited in as soon as I have my phone) are very close, with Chrom slightly behind. Can anyone tell me how's it going on the Lucina side?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Goddammit, Leo! You had one job! And that was to win! Oh, well... I was going to pick him, but since he lost, I settled on Ephraim.

Incidentally, I got to use an Ephraim and his talking voice is better than his battle grunts. Chrom also sounds different from what I remember even though Matthew Mercer reprised his role and I thought Azura was supposed to have a deeper sounding voice. Eh.

Anyway, a special someone is my teammate for this round and it's Oboro! Cress! Cress! , she is amazing and I love her, "Do my best", quote.

Fire Emblem Heroes team battles went mostly how I predicted it. LONG DIE THE FATES SIBLINGS! And now it's actually turning out to be interesting. As of now, I believe Chrom and (to be edited in as soon as I have my phone) are very close, with Chrom slightly behind. Can anyone tell me how's it going on the Lucina side?
When I was on team Sharena, she ended with a little over 2 billion points. Lucina had 5 to 6 billion points. The total results for round 1 was 12 billion. In other words, Lucina's team made up 41% to 50% of the points. With Lucina and Sharena, they clocked at about a total of 8 billion leaving the others with 4-some billion points out of 6 other characters. That's an average of 670,000,000 which is pathetic to what Lucina got.

Lucina's going to win by a landslide. It's why I picked Ephraim since I know Eirika's going to lose. The only results I know of is when Benishigure posted a screenshot and Eirika had like 850,000,000 to Elise's 300,000,000, but that was around 3:00 AM central time.

So, that leaves Chrom and Ephraim who as of now are at around 1.3 billion with Ephraim leading by 13 million which is somehow a tie according to the game. At this rate, neither of them have a chance against Lucina.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Trashbaby, no. Also, this comic is probably based off an old glitch of Widowmaker using her Ult - which caused her booty to inflate when using her visor.

On da topic of FE:H - Lucina is the mega waifu of Fire Emblem, so I chose her since her winning was fate/destiny/etc. Though as far as "over-hyped" characters go, I'm OK with Lucina since she's actually a great character and isn't typical waifu bait. EODM07 EODM07 picked the right waifu to main in Sm4sh. Too bad her amazing Princess Waifu powers were stolen by the Queen Waifu of Fire Emblem... Marth.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Eh, was going to wait until the Effie, Nino, Maria, and Setsuna focus, but I figured that I would try to get Klein again seeing as he would be a 5* archer. Let's just say it was a poor decision and my dumb luck showed itself again.
Screenshot_20170309-182222.png

This game, I swear. I have not gotten an archer since the duplicate Virion from 5-some summons ago and special map Virion. There are 7 archers in this game and on this file, I've only summoned 1! People are like, "Ugh, Niles keeps showing up. It's a curse." All I can do is look with envy that they have another archer that isn't the starting one. Virion's a good archer, but I just don't want 1 single archer. Stupidest thing is the archer that I want is Setsuna and you can get her as a 3*. I swear if during her focus... I bet I will not even get a single colorless orb in the 2 summons I'm planning for that.

Speaking of which, first pick was the green orb and and it's Gunter. You couldn't have given me Arthur, Camilla, Hector, Julia, Minerva, Nino, or Sheena could you, game? Y'know, that reminds me, I have not seen Arthur since forever. I think I've only summoned him about 2 times during my re-rolls. Anyway, I think that's the third Gunter of this game not counting special map Gunter and you want to know what's absolutely hilarious? This Gunter has the same stat distribution as 4*, badass Gunter; low HP and high attack. HE'S THE SAME, BUT WORSE.

Second pick was a red orb and it was Eldigan. Yay, edgy, husky-voiced husbando... I would have liked Sanaki seeing as she's part of the focus. Otherwise, Henry, Leo, or Tharja. They would replaced Sophia who's not doing so stellar. Eldigan is kind of an Eliwood, a red cavalry, but with lower resistance and Hawkeye's weapon and Special. His SP cost is curiously low since he only has an upgraded Special, 3 levels of Fury, and Lunge. Meanwhile, Lucina. Anyway, he shares Eliwood's stat distribution of low HP and high speed. On a side note, I kind of wished Doug Erholtz, Squall Leonhart's voice actor, voiced him to play with the whole Lionheart thing.

Third pick was the other red orb. I swear this game is trolling me. The moment I picked it, I thought, hmm, I wonder if I'll get Draug and I did. The funny part is Draug is kind of rare when you think about it; he's the only sword knight since Zephiel isn't playable yet. For blue and green, they have 2 knights which for green, is a bit rarer since Hector is 5*-only. Basically, my luck of getting rare, but unnecessary stuff continues... Anyway, this dude has high defense and low resistance which for him, starts at 1 with low resistance. His resistance is already low to begin with -- similar to Chrom's --, so he's going to get destroyed by any mage. Having a Brave Sword is going to hurt him since he's probably going to get doubled by them, too. At least his low resistance will end up being slightly better than low and average resistance Frederick.

And fourth and fifth were Oboro. Game's like, "Oh, so you like Oboro after getting a chance to use her in the Voting Gauntlet. Here, have 2 of them and neither of them are 4* units! Enjoy!" First Oboro has high attack and low resistance. Would have liked high speed, but whatever. Second Oboro has low attack and high resistance. Really, game? Really? Where's Abel, Azura, Cordelia, Effie, Ephraim, Est, Florina, Hinoka, Linde, Nowi, Olwen, Peri, Reinhardt, M!Robin, and Sully!?

Whatever, at least I have one anti-armor blue unit since the other units minus the colorless units for obvious reasons, all had anti-armor, anti-mage, and mage units. Blue just started getting decent units -- freaking low attack Subaki... -- and units to cover for stuff like F!Corrin and Odin are my only blue magic units and Oboro is now my only anti-armor blue unit. Still wished I had gotten another blue unit instead of a crappier Oboro. Seriously... There's 15 other blue units and Oboro had to show up twice? Half of them can be summoned as 3* units too!

TL;DR: Eldigan and first Oboro -- second Oboro can go die in a corner somewhere for making me mad at Oboro and continuing my rage of lacking blue units -- are probably going to be the most useful. Draug, I don't know. He's a sword knight and the only sword knight currently available, yay, but Hinata, Selena, and Tiki are hella tanky units where Hinata has decent resistance, Selena is insanely fast and has good resistance, and Tiki can counter at any range while also having decent resistance. Duplicate, lower ranking Gunter could be useful, but I'd rather focus on another unit.

In my rage and looking over the blue units, I noticed that there are no Pegasus Knights who end with a Silver Lance+. Catria and Shanna have Killer Lances, Cordelia as per her official art for Awakening has a Brace Lance and so does Hinoka, Est -- apparently she starts out with an Armorslayer in the original Shadow Dragon, so they just gave her the lance version of it --, and for some reason, Florina use Heavy Lances -- I say this since in Blazing Sword, Florina constitution was low and Heavy Lances weighed a ton, so I don't know why she was given this --, and Subaki uses a Sapphire Lance. Caeda and Palla were made sword users; Caeda using an Armorslayer and Palla using a Ruby Sword.

In my opinion, Florina or Hinoka should have been Silver Lance users. Florina because if you go with her stats in Blazing Sword, even with her high speed and with a Body Ring, heavier lances are not recommended with her, so it's weird seeing her with a Heavy Lance. Yes, constitution was removed in later games, but Fates gave penalties to stronger weapons if I recall correctly. Hinoka is in a weird spot since she doesn't have a legendary weapon and the weapons she uses are just lances, but Hoshido versions unless you're playing Revelation. Right now, she's competing with Cordelia who you can get as a 4* and a 5* unlike 5*-only Hinoka and I think Cordelia's skills suit using a Brave Lance more. Kind of getting a Barst versus Raven vibe right now. That said, Hinoka should have had a special weapon like a Guard Naginata which could just be a lance version of Roy's Sword of Seals -- +2 to Def/Res when attacked. Y'know, I think the only reason she has a Brave Lance right now is because of Camilla and Camilla can be summoned as a 4* and 5* along with Camilla being an arguably better overall unit, so there's that too... Yay, Hinoka being irrelevant as usual. The other option is that Est should have been the Armorslayer Pegasus Knight since she starts out with it and Palla should have been the Silver Lance Pegasus Knight since -- you guessed it! -- she starts out with a Silver Lance in the original Shadow Dragon. Caeda would probably be a Silver Sword or Ruby Sword user then.

Also, I kind of hope that when Ike is released, they introduce beast units. We have dragons, but we're missing beast units like the Laguz, Kaden, Keaton, and Panne. They could still continue the whole siblings thing too since there are Laguz units in the Tellius games that are siblings and play pivotal roles in them, right? I think it was the Heron Laguz. Anyway, the Tellius focus could be something like Ike and Mist, Micaiah, and 2 Laguz siblings.

On a happier note, Samurai Jack season 5 is going to air in 2 days! Commence our favorite part of Samurai Jack! :p

Rage Edit: Oh, Ursula suddenly shows up and I figure that means the new focus is here. Yep, and so I summon. Twice. Big ****ing mistake.
Screenshot_20170310-011331[1].png

Screenshot_20170310-011530[1].png

Eirika wasn't even part of the focus! 7 duplicates and I don't know nor do I care to check their stat variations right because I'm just pissed off. The only good thing is that I have a 5* blue unit. Problem: I don't like knights in this game except for Hector because Distant Counter is awesome and I don't like Effie's English voice -- it's really forced in my opinion. Motherfreaker... I just want a non-Virion archer. Is that too much to ask!? I was only going to summon twice for this hoping that with Setsuna being a 5*, thus, more Setsuna and more archers throughout the rankings, I could summon another goddamn archer, but nope. Seeing the red orb made me hope that maybe I could get another red mage. NOPE. The next round of special maps better have Gordin, Niles, or Setsuna. Tellius update better have Shinon. Oh, but wait. It's me we're talking about and I'll end up summoning Lachesis, Leo, Lyn, Ryoma, and Sigurd in one sitting.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Got my assignment done and having the weekend off. Also, watching people on the Steam Broadcast play UMvC3.

Some of those broadcasts are just... how do I put it. They're beginners, but are failing horrendously at some of the most simplist of missions. (One person couldn't even do Arthur's basic Air Combo. He was constantly delaying Air M after his launcher).

But on the plus side, it is actually making me think of what kind of synergy Hsien-Ko could have with Sentinel and Vergil thanks to a Japanese Hsien-Ko player. And hopefully some of the combos I have in mind actually work.

Sentinel combo.
c.M, Vergil Assist (y), S, j.S, jH, qcb.S, j.L j.L j.M j.M j.H, qcb.S j.H Hsien-Ko Assist (a), j.H, j.S, sjcqcf.L, j.qcf.2ATK, qcf.2ATK

Hsien-Ko combos.
j.M, j.S, M, c.H, f.H, j.M, j.H, j.S, M, f.H, rdp.M, f.H, j.H, j.S, M, Sentinel Assist (a), S, j.H, j.S, j.dp.H, j.S, qcb.2ATK
j.M, j.S, M. c.H, f.H, j.H, j.S, M, c.H, Sentinel Assist (a), S, M M H S, Vergil Assist (y), j.S, sjcdp.H, j.S, qcb.2ATK

Vergil combo.
L, M, H, c.H, f.H, qcb.L, c.H, S, H, Sentinel Assist (a), S, j.H jd.H, qcb.M, Round Trip, c.H, S, M M H S, Hsien-Ko Assist (a), df.H, qcb.L, ((dp.2ATK, dp.M, Round Trip, c.H, qcf.L) [Loop]), S, jd.H, df.H

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
> Rolls for new unit in Battling Ursula Banner
> 1 Grey and 4 Green orbs
> Gets *5 Felicia
> Hype
> All four greens are Cherche.

Anybody else have marvel on steam?

:150:
Well, I, uh, have it on PC. Does that count?

On a happier note, Samurai Jack season 5 is going to air in 2 days! Commence our favorite part of Samurai Jack! :p
Well, if we're bringing up our favorite SJ moments, this conversation:

Aku really made this series great. He was the antagonist, but he was also definitely the second main character.

Hopefully season 5 doesn't lose that, like some other remakes/reboots/continuations when so much time has passed, like how The Evangelion movies completely ruined Misato's importance to the plot. Part of what made Evangelion good was that Shinji was a co-protagonist. As a sole protagonist he just isn't a good enough character.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I have honestly no idea where to go to expand the plot. D:

But I'm having fun exploring. *w*
But I guess that's what the game is promoting. In order to expand the plot, you gotta explore. (I'm on the quest where you have to go to certain locations to Recall previous events. Managed to get one of the photographs done that was near Kakariko Village.)

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I have honestly no idea where to go to expand the plot. D:

But I'm having fun exploring. *w*
But I guess that's what the game is promoting. In order to expand the plot, you gotta explore. (I'm on the quest where you have to go to certain locations to Recall previous events. Managed to get one of the photographs done that was near Kakariko Village.)
Any direction. There are multiple plots (both sub and main) happening simultaneously and you can do basically anything in any order. You can select which quest you'd like to show up on the map by going into your (+) menu and checking the Adventure Log.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
God damn.

I'm getting hit by all kinds of shenanigans in BotW now.

I got struck by lightning and almost got murdered by three Guardians. Thankfully, I teleported the hell outta there.

But on the plus side, I got about 1/3 of the album complete for the memories quest.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Hey gurls I've started working now at my dad's office. It's just an internship in the morning but at least now I'll finally start getting my own money.

The Switch is probably going to be the first thing I buy with the money. I heard it's doing pretty well sales-wise and I really wanna play dat Bomberman.

I'm probably one of the few people who is not getting the Switch for BotW lol

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Wait, is SammyJack a reboot or a continuation?
It's a continuation after (i.e., it's season 5), judging from the trailers, some notable timeskip. Big thing is Jack finally has his beard, which is actually plot significant.

But it remains to be seen what type of genre it goes for, because it sounds like it's gonna be more series and plot heavy so they can finish the story by the end of it.

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
It's a continuation after (i.e., it's season 5), judging from the trailers, some notable timeskip. Big thing is Jack finally has his beard, which is actually plot significant.

But it remains to be seen what type of genre it goes for, because it sounds like it's gonna be more series and plot heavy so they can finish the story by the end of it.
They confirmed this is season 5. The video was a season 5 trailer.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
(I'm on the quest where you have to go to certain locations to Recall previous events. Managed to get one of the photographs done that was near Kakariko Village.)
That quest is mostly one you just do in the background while focusing on other stuff. There's 1 particular photo that you 99.99% won't get until quite a bit later (unless you know exactly where it is and how to get there). So do what you can now, but don't focus on getting every photo done immediately.

Just beat Ursula in Heroes. My regular team wasn't working so for fun I switched to my all blue team and it worked really well. Somehow. Not really sure how but eh w.e. I did it yay.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
> 1 Grey and 4 Green orbs
> Gets *5 Felicia
> Hype
And now you have a harem of best girl. Lucky you. :p

Wait, is SammyJack a reboot or a continuation?
Been answered by a couple people already, but here's a video explaining everything.

Just beat Ursula in Heroes. My regular team wasn't working so for fun I switched to my all blue team and it worked really well. Somehow. Not really sure how but eh w.e. I did it yay.
It took me 2 tries since the first one was basically a, "Wut?", as Robin got murdered by a Wings of Mercy sword cavalry. I'm slightly overleveled since the only units around level 30 are sword units and Sophia. Everyone else is above, a 3* thief, level 1, or Virion. Second try, I picked any non-infantry units I felt like would do well and continued to use Robin because she destroys Ursula. Gunter took out the axe knight and 1 thief, Subaki -- Swap is amazing -- killed the knight and the other thief, and Palla just sat there. Never got a chance to do anything with her. So, yeah, easier to figure out than Robin's map, but I could totally see how a lot of people would struggle if they don't have non-infantry units. I probably won't be able to do the level 40 version, but a 3* Ursula is pretty neat.

This brings up something. The new focus is stated to be designed to help for this map and it's true. Effie is a tank and would be the sword cavalry counter along with preventing follow-ups on her with Wary Fighter, Felicia's kind of there to help with healing -- basically the Maria of the Robin focus --, Nino is a green mage which means she's naturally at advantage to Ursula, and Setsuna's Assassin Bow prevents thieves from doubling. That said, F!Robin is the unit to destroy Ursula with and everyone was able to get her, so I think she's a better choice than Nino, but Nino for plot reasons would be more satisfying to use against Ursula. Now, if only Sonia was in this game. Sweet, sweet revenge, Nino.

If Xander is next, then Ursula would be the F!Robin. The focus for him, I don't really know who would be used other than Abel who has Swordbreaker. The only other mage with anti-cavalry magic is Raigh. M!Robin could work given than he's a blue mage with high defense letting him take Xander's attack while hitting him with magic which Xander is weak against. It's probably going to be Abel, though. That leaves the other units who would be fighting alongside Xander that would influence the summon as well. I don't know who was on Narcian's team, but all the units for F!Robin and Ursula were randoms. Maybe Xander's map is going to have Laslow and Peri, his retainers? If so, then Abel covers for both Laslow and Xander. Peri would need a green unit. Not sure who... Maybe it's going to be Arthur's time to shine! He's the only one besides Narcian to have Lancebreaker. That said, given that everyone could get Narcian, F!Robin, and Ursula, they would cover for Peri as well with Ursula covering for Xander.

Also, random idea from summoning Effie: a knight who can only attack from range. Effie being a knight and knights having issues moving around for some reason reminded me of the knights in the GBA games. When they use axes, they fire them. I am not kidding.

It would be really cool and interesting. A knight that can only attack at range. Should probably have a Draw Back as their skill.

Just remembered something. I remember that when entering Lil Puddin Lil Puddin 's FC for FE Heroes, it said it was invalid. Did you re-roll? Also, I don't remember if Buddhahobo Buddhahobo had the same problem or not.

Anyway, I beat hard mode of FE Heroes. Used Catria, Corrin, Lucina, and F!Robin. Everyone went after Lucina. I don't know what this map's problem is with her, but everyone charged after her. She died -- sacrificed her to kill Veronica and Xander --, of course, but it was just bizarre and hilarious. She died this time unlike the first time on normal. Catria and Corrin didn't do much, but finished the map and Robin was the MVP. She took out most of the other problems. Just gotta clear out all the Lunatic maps and redo some of them for the quest thing.

The eleventh summon is all right. Draug's stupidly high defense lets him go up against lance units and his resistance, while low, has steadily gone up starting around level 7. Meanwhile, 4* Frederick. I decided to promote Anna to help out as a green unit and with Eldigan around, Oboro is suffering from Fir syndrome. She's good, but she's a 3* to Anna's 4* and Eldigan's 5* plus stupidly durable Draug. Definitely going to promote her, though. Eldigan reminds me of Dark Knights from Final Fantasy. He's strong, but he hurts himself because of Fury. Low HP is definitely a problem with him now. Should probably deequip it or lower it to Fury 1. I remember avoiding getting Fury, especially Fury 2, for Bartre, Hinata, and Jagen when leveling up them. Other skills got prioritized, but Eldigan, other than an upgraded Special, only has risky skills; the other skill is Lunge. Dude's designed to throw himself into battle.

Of course, of freaking course this game would not give me a goddamn archer. I figure since we're likely to get 5 billions points or whatever for the 10 orbs reward and that the Tellius paralogue would give about 9, so whatever, summon again for Setsuna.
Screenshot_20170310-175617[1].png

All duplicates, but I'll give Felicia a pass since special map Felicia was a summon. I just got Draug and another Raven the past summons. Also, seriously, game! There are 14 other goddamn blue units. Why am I getting duplicates over and over. Freaking units like Est, Florina, Robin, and Sully are 3* units. What? Am I asking for something broken!? Y'know, as I complain, I wonder if I'm offending others who would want my luck and draws.

So, stat variations...
Effie: High HP and low speed. Uh... She's slow to begin with. Now she's going to be as slow as an average Sophia, but at least Effie is durable and hits hard. Smite is kind of weird when I think about it. Doesn't she want to be in front of her allies instead of pushing them to their potential doom? Hmm... Is there actually a knight with Pivot?

Eirika: low HP and high defense. She's basically Selena in terms of stats -- naturally higher attack because of Sieglinde for slightly lower defense -- and a reverse Selena in terms of skills. I like Eirika and this Eirika is fine -- might not be as durable as Selena --, but I just have so many good red sword units...

Palla: Low attack and high speed. AW HELL NAW. I'm getting flashbacks of 3* Subaki and kind of Lon'qu. Gorl, bye.

Raven: Low HP and high attack. He's not that durable all things considered, but in my opinion, kind of better than the first Raven I summoned way back who has low attack and high speed.

Tiki: High HP and low attack. Yeah... Gorl, bye. Third Tiki as far as I remember; never checked second Tiki's stats and I don't care since first, 4* Tiki having high defense, but low resistance makes her an absolute knight killer.
Beruka: Low attack and high speed. Beruka's slow to begin with -- slowest of the Wyvern Riders in the game. It's not going to help that much, so having low attack too makes it even worse since she probably won't double and now she won't be able to do enough damage. I'd rather take high HP, low resistance Beruka.

Cain: Low defense and high resistance. This makes it so both those stats are even. If he was a 5*, he would have 24 defense and resistance. This kind of doesn't do anything. Doesn't really hurt nor help. As a unit, I would have liked a red mage instead or Abel. Still, of the red cavalry I have now, he's probably the most stable minus the whole speed penalty from having a Brave Sword since Eldigan is basically a Final Fantasy Dark Knight who goes in hard while slowly dying regardless if he takes damage or not while Eliwood is a mage killer like Jagen. Also, apparently Cain can only be summoned as a 4* or a 5*. Just my luck, huh?

Eliwood: High attack and low resistance. Yeah, I'd rather have this one over low HP, high speed Eliwood. He's not that fast to begin with and he's isn't slow. Only problem is this makes him more of a regular unit instead of a resistance tank.

Hinata: High defense and low resistance. No. Just no. Average Hinata ends up with average resistance and I have enough units with crappy resistance, thank you very much, game.

Wrys: High something and low resistance. I used him once just because, so I don't really know. High stat is HP, attack, or defense since his speed -- average -- and resistance haven't gone up after one level up. Don't really care all things considered since I don't try to have healers in the front lines unless they're a much higher level and I'm using them as meat shields for lower level units to level up.
Donnel: Had to look back since I never trained the last Donnel -- low HP, high speed -- I summoned. Average. I basically summoned a special map Donnel. Refund, please!

Draug: High HP and low attack. Ugh... I'm just going to leave it as him wasting my time. One dude is going to be murdered by mages and the other shows up as promoted while swinging a cardboard stick. OMG. 35 attack as a 5* unit. I think all the thieves do more damage than him. Raven with low damage does more damage than him. GET OUT.

Felicia: Average. Why couldn't you have been a 4* or 5* Felicia? You're adorkable, so I can't stay mad at you. Well, I guess I can just feed her the other Felicias. Morbid, ain't it?

Gwendolyn: Low attack and high speed. It was already a pain to level up the previous Gwendolyn who had average attack and speed and now you show up with worse attack and having a speed boon which does nothing since you're already slow? Gorl, bye.

Raven: Low defense and high resistance. Pulled a Cain with this one, but he's going to end up with flipped defense and resistance unlike Cain who gets evened out with this variation. That said, as he's a 5* and has a Brave Axe+ meaning it doesn't penalize his attack, I'm feeling this Raven more than the other two. One doesn't hit hard, but is insanely fast while the other is a glass cannon. Low HP, high attack Raven is at a 4 HP deficit for 3 more attack. He doesn't have amazing defenses to begin with, so it worries me, especially since I have so many freaking units with low HP.
Of the 15, 8 of them are outright useless to me. Either they have bad stat strengths and weaknesses -- Beruka, Draug, Gwendolyn, Palla, and Tiki -- or I could have gotten them from special maps -- Donnel, Felicia, and Wrys. That said, I will give Felicia a pass since training thieves is a pain in the *** since they lose momentum so much sooner than other units. That's half of the summons. 4 of them are promoted versions of units I have and only Eliwood and Raven are good. Draug is going to be useless if he can't do damage and I'd rather have Hinata have that extra bit of resistance for slightly lower defense which is already good by being average. That just leaves 3 new units: Cain, Effie, and Eirika, all of whom are fine. So, 6 units that are useful and one of them I could have just trained up to. So many red units... So many duplicates...

Anyway, apparently today is MAR10, so, Mario day and there is a sale: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/1...ely-second-captain-toad-gets-price-reduction/. Bravely Second for 20 bucks. Ugh, this is going to be a Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn situation again.

Also, be the boulder.

Edit: Holy crap! The Smite skill lets you push allies across gaps!

Last edited:
Top Bottom