• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
OK I know like everyone loves Zelda's new design in BotW, but I just can't seem to get behind it :/

I think it must be the eyes and eyebrows. The eyes look too big to me and I'm not into the thick eyebrow thing that's going around. Her face is also more rounded but that just seems to be a BotW thing in general

I really like how she looks in this piece of fanart though. Probably because the eyes are more TP esque

I want to like it but she just looks so off to me in some screenshots. Could just be the lighting I guess
---
Speaking of FE Heroes, I recently found out that the few units I've pulled are actually considered very good. My main team right now is 4 star Abel, 4 Star Palla, 4 star (upgraded from 3) Nino, and 5 star Elise. At first I was going to ditch Nino, but I kept using her then found out that she's amazing with buffs because of her weapon. Now I can't decide if I should keep using Elise or use Serra (4 star) to buff Nino. Elise has better mobility (sometimes) and self sustain, but Serra has those buffs...

And I like both Elise and Serra so that doesn't help lol

I guess Palla is just meh tier but she's been pretty reliable for me so far. Except against blues. Useless there

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Time to pick up sns now I guess.
Bruh, I'm still mad at the monster hunter creators for shooting down the opportunity for the hunter to be in Marvel vs Capcom 3. They don't want there to be a "canon" hunter (wtf???). Looks like Monster Hunter won't tie the knot with Nintendo and be in smash either. sigh . . . .

Also Orisa is awesome and kind of dumb. I feel like she does a little too much but is still fun regardless.

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So from checking the Nintendo eShop on the Switch.

It has 20 Games on Launch. Which is very good for a system on launch date.

Some examples are Puyo Puyo Tetris (JP), Disgaea 5 Complete (JP), King of Fighters '98, WORLD HEROES PERFECT, Waku Waku 7, Fast RMX, Dragon Quest Heroes 1 + 2, etc.

I am glad this has a solid number of games on launch.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Bruh, I'm still mad at the monster hunter creators for shooting down the opportunity for the hunter to be in Marvel vs Capcom 3. They don't want there to be a "canon" hunter (wtf???). Looks like Monster Hunter won't tie the knot with Nintendo and be in smash either. sigh . . . .

Also Orisa is awesome and kind of dumb. I feel like she does a little too much but is still fun regardless.

Her abilities feel surprisingly balanced, which is like WHOOOOOOOOA compared to their last Hero who is still underwhelming in almost all regards. Though it does bring issues to the table that were always on the table - it's just Blizzard said "no thank you" every time someone finally passed the plate to them.

1) Winston's Bubble Barrier needing a buff.

2) Mercy requiring more utility, preferably something unique. But even stealing Ana/Orsia's defense buff idea and making it 30% damage reduction could work.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

wellllllllllllllll,
now we have a "canon" hunter it's even more marketable than other hunters

#ProwlerForInfinite

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Never mind, found out what Gaius and Selena's visit quotes were. FE Heroes has its own wiki which reminds me of other big installments of games like FF XI and XIV have their own wikis since it would be terrible to have this massive entry for one game in a franchise. Gaius's is straight to the point and Selena's is definitely something she would say. Also, apparently characters have confessions. Don't know how to you get them -- perhaps max level at 5*? --, but I did see Gaius's and it's so sweet -- pun intended.

Edit: Decided to listen to some of BotW's tracks.
Oh. My. Din. The Rito Village theme is amazing and that Wind Waker reference. I'm pretty sure that part with the mandolin is a Wind Waker leitmotif. At first, when the mandolin part started playing, I thought it was going to be Skyward Sword's leitmotif, but nope, Wind Waker which makes sense considering that's the game the Rito were first introduced. Also, the mandolin part reminds me of Falco or, I guess, Italy. It's like how the accordion reminds me of France and Italy, acoustic guitars, especially played a flamenco style, reminds me of Spain or the Middle East. I think it might be because of The Godfather. Anyway, mandolins tend to remind me of Italy and Falco's surname, Lombardi, is Italian. So, yeah, an entire race of Falco's running about. How swell is that? :p

Oh, and the Goron City theme reminds me of Groose -- it's the farty brass. Welp, not going to spoil myself anymore. I really want to keep this game, especially its music, a surprise. That said, I did spoil myself on Revali by finding a clip where he talks. Whoever voices him reminds me of a higher-pitched, more flamboyant Falco. Character-wise, it's Falco, but with Jojo moments and as a bishie. Best character of the game. Revali for Smash 5. Get that other washed-up bird outta here, we've got a new and better ace.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Edit: I upload an Imgur image, Trashboards can't load it even though it's there when I edit this. I upload it as an attachment and it's sideways. STOP PICTURE OPPRESSION
Also why is the Special Edition so huge compared to the Wii U game
20170303_175245.jpg
I love the game so far. Only complaint is that the fps can be all over the place (may be better on the Switch but from what I've heard, not by much). Sometimes it feels close to 60, other times it's worse than my laptop playing Overwatch. It got absolutely MURDERED when I got to the first village (trying to not spoil it even though it isn't that big of a spoiler) and I doubt it was even 20. Meanwhile, Xenoblade X and its locked 40 fps...
The special edition was absolutely worth it, everything in there is so cool, especially the Switch case when I actually get the Switch. :)

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
both switch and wii u botw are locked at 30, switch drops to 20~ at times while wii u is all over the place and can get as low as 10 lol

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I guess I'll post my impressions of the game.

I've only played an hour or so of the wii u version.

Good game, I love how interactive the environment is. Sneaking up on a group of bokoblins sitting around a campfire and murdering them in the back with a giant axe never gets old. Getting lost when playing an open world game for the first time is one of my favorite things to do.

Only problems I have is that you can't really change the control scheme so you have to use a claw grip if you want to sprint and change the camera at the same time. It'd be nice if I could remap run to a shoulder button or have a sprint toggle option. Plus the framerate can get really bad. Stamina is also pretty lame. I jumped into a pool of water and started swimming and didn't know that link would drown once stamina ran out.

Also, this is a personal opinion but I think the game looks kind of bad. I'm not a big fan of the art style and the environments can look pretty washed out and muddy, especially when close up. You can really notice the low resolution when playing on a bigger screen.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Going to be getting on with doing scaled drawings now on my design(s). To see what I believe will be more beneficial the most and be more useful.

And I'll probably play more Breath of the Wild after I've watched some anime on CR.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

I just noticed Mama BJN39 BJN39 stole that buff Owain(Odin) picture for haself omg.

Ha secret picture folder must be full of muscle tiddies. :^)

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
A guy brought a gun to my pick up game today.

Luckily nobody was hurt but jesus that was intense.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hmm, I think I realized why I don't like either or Link or Zelda's outfits in BotW: it's the shade of blue. Personal preference since I like darker, mellower shades of colors. Case in point: I absolutely hate lime green. It burns my eyes. Also, hot pink isn't something I like either. That said, in certain doses such as an accessory which Daruk, Mipha, Revali, and Hyrule Warriors Link do with their scarves or sash thingie, then sure, it works to highlight or contrast. For Link and Zelda, however, it's a primary part of their outfit which for Link since he wears light pants, makes it really bright. Zelda at least has black pants, but still. Had it been a darker shade like Wind Waker Link's pajama shirt, then it might have worked better for me.

Zelda has another issue for me. Personally, I think her outfit stands out. BotW still takes place in a medieval fantasy setting. It's not even a Renaissance-styled era which Twilight Princess would probably fit and if it is, I have no idea since I don't own the game and I have not checked what people are currently wearing in the game. Looks more medieval and around the era of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess rather than Wind Waker -- our 1500s to 1800s? -- or Skyward Sword -- don't know where to place this as it's more fantasy if that makes any sense. Zelda's outfit, in my opinion, would make more sense in an industrial era, Victorian, or steampunk setting which BotW is more of a magitek, medieval setting. It's weird since for me, white dress Zelda reminds me of Greece and Rome, which can work for a fantasy setting or a medieval setting, Link's is still fantasy-like, and suddenly, Zelda's blue outfit makes me wonder if she's in the wrong game. Her outfit would make more sense in Skyward Sword or Wind Waker and its sequels than BotW. I don't know, something about Zelda's blue outfit says futuristic when I look at what Link, Beedle, the Old Man, and the stable keepers wear.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
A guy brought a gun to my pick up game today.

Luckily nobody was hurt but jesus that was intense.

W H A T ~ T H E ~ W H A T ?

Yes, and I'll infract yew for the next naughTy pic because I'm clearly into yew posting risqué pics in the social. :202:
R-risqé? No-nonsense gorl! These are family friendly pictures for gorls of all ages to visually enjoy.

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
So the guardians in Breath of the Wild are actually monsters... I figured they'd be tough from the trailers, but even fighting an immobile one is panic inducing. Hopefully I'll figure out a trick at some point to take them down.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

A week after it comes out I'll release the Zelda Social RPG

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Went to check if there was anything new that I didn't know about thw Switch today, and I found out that if you turn on the system when it's in the Docking Station, it'll automatically turn on your TV and even change the Source for HDMI3. That is god damn fantastic, I did not know it did that.

Also, will be proceeding on with some more work. Hopefully I'll get a lot of it done.

A week after it comes out I'll release the Zelda Social RPG
I remember using RPG Maker as well, I wouldn't mind getting this on the 3DS myself. You just have to stay VERY commicted to your project otherwise you'll lose some steam/interest in it.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Everyone should go and visit Phyphlo Ruins in BotW ASAP because it's a very fun and happy place.

So yeah, the place is pitch black without any kind of light source, and the game said "lol have a blood moon" so I got this great pic.
If you want it with some light:

So the Wii U version is ending up to be more disappointing by the hour (how it runs, not the game. The game is fantastic). But I had the game reach... :colorful::colorful:0FPS!!!!:colorful::colorful: There was this 1 area that kept freezing for 2 or 3 seconds every now and then, and it wasn't loading anything. What made it worse is that when I was battling enemies, they were still moving in the background and making noises, but since the game was frozen I couldn't really do anything to not get hit, or EVEN SEE WHAT WAS HAPPENING.
Ninty if u worked on this game for like 5 years I'd expect the game to not be freezing.

Also I was just running around and got hit by some random lightning bolt and died instantly thanks game for these completely fair 1 hit insta-deaths luv u

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yesh! Late news I just found, but Setsuna is going to be part of the next focus along with Effie, Felicia, and Nino: http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-heroes-upcoming-focus-and-grand-hero-battle-datamined/.

I need another archer who is not Virion who is apparently a decent archer, but dear lord, his resistance is horrible. I'd rather not try to get Klein because he's squishy. Setsuna is apparently the worst archer in the game according to one site. Her skills say anti-archer and anti-thief, but she probably won't live against Kagero or Takumi to begin with and outside of those two, I don't think archers or thieves are must haves on a team. Oh, and Ursula's attack portrait looks goofy. It looks like she's sticking out her tongue.

1.jpg

Continuing on with summoning, apparently you can tell if you're going to summon a 3 star or a 4/5 star. If you summon and don't skip the sequence (i.e don't tap the screen) after the orbs do the colourful spiral thing into the stone, you'll see a puff/ring of smoke coming from the bottom of the stone if you're going to get a 4/5star. If you want to see what I mean then look at this video (there's commentary in this vid btw)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh_sn6zdgx4
From 2:14 - 2:26 he summons a 5 star and then at 3:09 - 3:40 a 3 then 4 star
At 2:17 and 3:33 you see a puff of smoke at the bottom for the 5 and 4 star summons but at 3:13 there isn't one for the 3 star. Just thought it was interesting.
Now onto my own summons. Last week I did 3 rounds of summoning with the first 2 being bad as I got all 3 repeats except for a 4 star Roy. 3rd summon was better
Screenshot_2017-02-27-10-41-41.png

Already have a 4 star Robin and Odin (I guess) as blue mages but Olwen is my 1st 5 star blue unit. Got her to lv 40 and she's pretty useful in the arena with the abundance of red units and with an attack buff, can one round Takumis. I'll probably use her for that prince vs princess thing as I think 5 of them are red units.
Just some other things:
- Finally got enough feathers to promote a unit to 5 star but I've got like 6 units I want to promote. I'm leaning towards Olivia as she's a staple on my arena team but I'm going to wait and see how skill inheritance works before deciding
- I wish they still did those mini movies if you summoned a focus hero as I thought they were pretty cool, maybe they just couldn't be bothered anymore?
- When will Ike be released? Hopefully at the end of the month and I also hope they'll add laguz that aren't dragons and I wonder if they'll add weapons that reverse the weapon triangle, could make some interesting counters I think.

Now for a little talk on the Nintendo Switch. I should be receiving mine tomorrow and I also bought a 64gb microSD so that I have the option to download a few games, but I generally prefer physical copies. Besides the patch I need to download to access online services, my switch will probably be sitting there until the games I want start being released with the first probably being Disgaea 5 on May 26th though Fire Emblem Echoes gets released on the 19th of May so unless I juggle playtime between the two, then it probably won't be till June when I probably play the switch

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Due to the Switch actually having NEO GEO games on the eShop too. I might actually consider getting WORLD HEROES PERFECT, King of Fighters '98 and even Waku Waku 7.

Since they're often seen as very good fighting games by SNK. Plus, it'll give me a chance to try out what many consider to be the best fighting game in the KOF series (Excluding KOF2k2UM).

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
tbh the switch game i'm most excited for is splatoon 2

i never played the first one, and now that overwatch has sparked my interest in the fps genre, i really want to try it out

i hope some of you gorls get it when it releases, so we can play together

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm going to try and get it near release this time. When I finally decided to try Splatoon 1 everyone except the pro hardcore players were gone :/

Top Bottom