• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So the Pokemon Company has unveiled another trailer for their 20th Anniversary of the upcoming movie set around the pilot of the Kanto Saga of the Pokemon anime.

Professor Oak has the same voice actor as Old Joseph Joestar. :V

This Pikachu is a Stand User!

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Yeaaaaaaah these scores are raising huge red flags for me
How so?

It's not like Zelda, as a franchise, hasn't had games of such caliber before. LttP and OoT are also considered some if not the best games of their generation.

And unlike, say, No Man's Sky, all these people claim to have played the game before piling on the compliments.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'd say you're right.
You just know that the first place to give it a 90 or less (or like a 4 or whatever) is going to get roasted hard by the entire internet
I think that the tier list isn't as bad as version 2, but still has some confusing placements. Specifically, Corrin. Didn't expect Marth>ZSS, but when you think about it, it's justified. ZeRo Saga>SSC imo.
Oh, by the way:
I've actually seen this person at other places like GFAQs. All they do is post how much they hate Zelda and love Peach.

I don't get how someone can hate Zelda that much. Like lol there isn't much to hate about her to begin with. It's not like she's some sort of polarizing character

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
*cries because my chance of getting a switch tomorrow is pretty much zero*
Amazon pls come through with a midnight sale ,_,

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm just hoping that one of several giveaways pays out

I want to play my girl Link, dammit

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
That the game's competitive scene is not as active as it once was? ;_;
And that I miss seeing it in at major tournaments. :c
TvC basically has two tournaments a year; Frosty Faustings in Chicago and a side tournament at EVO, though it's a toss up how many people attend the EVO one.

I've been meaning to get Dolphin running on my PC to get back into it, and this time I can finally play it with a stick.

I'm still hoping MvCI takes after it.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
There was a new Overwatch character announced/released an hour ago and nobody has said anything about it? smh

Anyways, Orisa. Efi's sassy robot gorl. She seems like a pretty fun tank (and with how much Jeff said "anchor" in the dev update, this probably is Anchora, even looks a bit like what she would've looked like). Although she's missing a few cosmetics (only 1 pink skin, 2 emotes, and just 1 voice line?), she looks neat visually too.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Orisa is really cool, and I'm glad they added a tank with a lot of depth

I can't wait for her to hit live and to be able to test her out

and yeah, there's no doubt that this is what Anchora became

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
As a non-Overwatch player, I can indeed confirm that Blizzard has succeeded in creating another adorable character. Thank you for our new Momnic Blizzard. I hope she curbs Reaper's awful littering habit and makes Reinhardt finally stop charging through red lights

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I knew something was off when I changed to this avatar for the month: I forgot that Samurai Jack was coming back this month and I thought its first episode of season 5 aired yesterday -- it did not as it's airing on the 11th. Welp, gonna find something for Samurai Jack and have Ahag-- *is shot by a BB gun* I mean, Umiko and Nenecchi for some other month. April's avatar is gonna be a joke. :p

There was a new Overwatch character announced/released an hour ago and nobody has said anything about it? smh

Anyways, Orisa. Efi's sassy robot gorl. She seems like a pretty fun tank (and with how much Jeff said "anchor" in the dev update, this probably is Anchora, even looks a bit like what she would've looked like). Although she's missing a few cosmetics (only 1 pink skin, 2 emotes, and just 1 voice line?), she looks neat visually too.
Heh, who knew that taking random courses in uni would let me know something cool. In Brazil, in parts of the Caribbeans, and I think in other parts of South America and Latin America -- I only took courses on Brazil and the Caribbeans --, there are religions which include Candomblé and Santeria that believe in oricha or orixa who are deities or gods depending on how you view it. In Nigeria and maybe other parts of West Africa, they exist too, but are spelled orisha or apparently, orisa. The rundown on it is that people taken from Nigeria to be made slaves took with them their religion, culture, etc., so some people in the Caribbeans and Latin America share similar -- some things were probably lost or reinterpreted -- or identical beliefs in Nigeria and West Africa.

In context to Overwatch, Orisa is literally a deity. Kind of makes sense for a hero to named after or literally as "deity". Design-wise, Orisa reminds me of a centaur. Huh, Orisa's kind of like Chiron then. Centaurs with a ranged weapon; minigun for Orisa and bow and arrows for Chiron.

Summit's live!
Dude, this damn thing autoplayed for me and made me wonder if a random ad just played on my laptop or something stupid was happening.

Welp, this played on the radio yesterday: "Parfum" by Boggie. It's in Hungarian, but she also sung it in French which is titled "Nouveau Parfum", if you're interested.

Edit: Cool, another page steal. :p

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I wasn't too big on Orisa's design but her origins trailer endeared her and Efi to me by quite a lot. I got some serious Big Hero 6 vibes out of it.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
How so?

It's not like Zelda, as a franchise, hasn't had games of such caliber before. LttP and OoT are also considered some if not the best games of their generation.

And unlike, say, No Man's Sky, all these people claim to have played the game before piling on the compliments.
except release hype can make any game look amazing, but more importantly, look at some of the things they are saying about this game is super uncomfortable. like jesus.

just warning you not get flubbed into prerelease hype

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Heh, who knew that taking random courses in uni would let me know something cool. In Brazil, in parts of the Caribbeans, and I think in other parts of South America and Latin America -- I only took courses on Brazil and the Caribbeans --, there are religions which include Candomblé and Santeria that believe in oricha or orixa who are deities or gods depending on how you view it. In Nigeria and maybe other parts of West Africa, they exist too, but are spelled orisha or apparently, orisa. The rundown on it is that people taken from Nigeria to be made slaves took with them their religion, culture, etc, so some people in the Caribbeans and Latin America share similar -- some thing were probably lost or reinterpreted -- or identical beliefs in Nigeria and West Africa.

In context to Overwatch, Orisa is literally a deity. Kind of makes sense for a hero to named after or literally as "deity". Design-wise, Orisa reminds me of a centaur. Huh, Orisa's kind of like Chiron then. Centaurs with a ranged weapon; minigun for Orisa and bow and arrows for Chiron.
O that's neat
The thing I noticed about its name is that Orisa is close to OR15 (the robot it's based off of) with an added A. And a few minutes ago while saying her name out loud to some friends, I noticed it sounded similar to horsie-a. Fitting since it's sorta shaped like a horse. Then I remembered its name was Orisa and not Orsia so nevermind.
But yeah friendly robo-cop mama is really focused on being a true tank, which we need more of.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
except release hype can make any game look amazing, but more importantly, look at some of the things they are saying about this game is super uncomfortable. like jesus.

just warning you not get flubbed into prerelease hype
The battle system scares me a little bit. It looks like waiting and then attacking like every fight in OoT. Hopefully that's a minor part in the beginning.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
YEEEEEA, Jack is back! It's just a shame that Mako Iwamatsu didn't live to see and finish two projects that are very beloved by their fans. Also, couldn't find an image I liked to play with the whole "We're back!" thing. Couldn't find an image of Jack that I liked either for a "Jack is back!" This one of Jack, the Scotsman, a monk, and a Spartan is all right, though. Man, I really need watch all the episode up to where season 5 begins. I don't think that as a kid I watched all of the episodes or in order for that matter. Same thing with Mobile G Fighter Gundam, Yu Yu Hakusho, and bunch of other stuff.

Also, apparently this is a thing. If anyone like Samurai Jack's art style and Hanzo from Overwatch, enjoy. All credit goes to miova.
Those little blue mini-Aku, though.

Also, pretty nifty remix of the theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l11uf_ZyWQc.

O that's neat
The thing I noticed about its name is that Orisa is close to OR15 (the robot it's based off of) with an added A. And a few minutes ago while saying her name out loud to some friends, I noticed it sounded similar to horsie-a. Fitting since it's sorta shaped like a horse. Then I remembered its name was Orisa and not Orsia so nevermind.
But yeah friendly robo-cop mama is really focused on being a true tank, which we need more of.
I haven't watched anything on Orisa, so I don't know how they pronounced it. From the courses I took, it was pronounced like "ori-sha" when spelled as and in relation to the Caribbeans and Brazil oricha and orixa. Maybe the same with Nigeria too since I think the professor for the Caribbean course did talk about the orisha / orisa.

Anyway, I saw Orisa on PCGamer, thought, "Okay, new hero for Overwatch. Cool, I guess", looked at the article about Orisa's skins -- she has this cool stag beetle-like skin --, saw that it was mentioned she was built by Efi Oladele, and thought, "Wait, isn't that the kid from Africa who was teased for Overwatch as a potential heroine?" That just connected with deities called orisa for me. As I was typing this, sure enough, Efi and maybe Orisa, are both from West Africa since Numbani is apparently located in "west coastal Africa" according to Overwatch's gamepedia entry and "Nigerian savanna" according to it wiki entry. Eh, the things you know, I guess.

Edit: I don't know if I'm remembering this correctly or not, but I think in Yoruba religions, the religions involving orisa, everyone has their personal orisa that watches over them. In a way, Orisa could be considered Efi's own personal orisa made physical. Neat.

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Well I just saw the tier list:
Comment section is fantastic lol.
Why is Kirby so low?
Why is Wii Fit so low?
I main Corrin, but he's a bit too high.
Pika is a bit too high for me
Why is Cloud 3?
Why is Sheik 4 and in S tier?
Why do we have an S tier (unless we just want Bayo and Diddy because of results but by looking at some characters that's obviously not why)?
Why is only B Tier High Tier?
I feel like Lucina should be behind either Falcon, Peach, or TL.
As usual they post one right after something big (in this case the biggest Sm4sh tournament yet) Frostbite.
Charizard's a bit too high for me.
No Mii Fighters (Seriously Brawler is the worst).
At least we don't have 2 characters in a tier so it goes to F like it's supposed to and not J!
And we still cannot get this right.
Also Yoshi should at least go behind the Pit's
And Zero is never going to finish his tier list and this time it's not because of Nintendo, but his decision to talk about characters separately and not in his videos. What's the point?
And I have nothing to contribute but yay a new Overwatch character and yay new Pokémon (which I can actually contribute too lol)!
By the way how's Disney XD doing with Pokémon with them now? I'm assuming no more re runs on Boomerang?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Orisa is REALLY fun, wow. Don't really know how to describe it but it's fun.
It's also fun playing with a bunch or Orisas on your team just because all of your stats will be ridiculously high, either from constantly healing them or from them using their ult so you do ridonk damage.
My first time playing as her: (Accuracy and all averages are glitched on ptr rn)
Screenshot (291).png

Then playing mama Mercy is amazing, this much in less than 5 minutes:
Screenshot (295).png
Also, she's fun if you like the color blue
LOOK AT ALL OF THE BEEEEAAAAAMMMMMSSSSSSSSS!!!
Screenshot (296).png

Edit: Just got POTG with her :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Speaking of Owain/Odin from forever ago...
*BANNED* -BJN

Orisa is really cool, and I'm glad they added a tank with a lot of depth

I can't wait for her to hit live and to be able to test her out

and yeah, there's no doubt that this is what Anchora became
Ye probably. She is pretty decent in terms of bulk with fortify, despite only having 200HP/200Armor.

However... Her Ult+Mercy's Dmg Boost+Whatever Ult will be insane.

As a non-Overwatch player, I can indeed confirm that Blizzard has succeeded in creating another adorable character. Thank you for our new Momnic Blizzard. I hope she curbs Reaper's awful littering habit and makes Reinhardt finally stop charging through red lights
So what you're saying is, you're a Lucio or Mercy main? :^)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
However... Her Ult+Mercy's Dmg Boost+Whatever Ult will be insane.
I saw a reddit post earlier that said that mercy's damage boost doesn't stack with orisa's ult (supercharger or whatever its name is)

nano boost apparently does, though

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I saw a reddit post earlier that said that mercy's damage boost doesn't stack with orisa's ult (supercharger or whatever its name is)

nano boost apparently does, though
ummmmmmmmm

Just delete Mercy then if that's not a glitch. lmao

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Managed to order a Neon Switch from Walmart right before they went out of stock again. Hopefully the order sticks. I'm hype though! I'll have to wait a while to actually get it in my hands but it'll be worth the wait =w=

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
ummmmmmmmm

Just delete Mercy then if that's not a glitch. lmao
On the known bugs page:
  • Mercy's damage boost does not stack with the buff from Supercharger
So it doesn't rn but it'll be fixed.
But I wanna know if the ult stacks with itself, Supercharged Junkrats have been 1-shotting me as any 200hp character which is not really fun and I hope that that isn't from a single supercharge alone.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
On the known bugs page:

So it doesn't rn but it'll be fixed.
But I wanna know if the ult stacks with itself, Supercharged Junkrats have been 1-shotting me as any 200hp character which is not really fun and I hope that that isn't from a single supercharge alone.
Supercharge gives 50%, which means Pharah and Hunkrat deal 180 damage. So you could've been hit by some chip damage and then blasted to deadness. Osira is very fun to play, but her weapon itself seems too good for just a tank.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm showing up at the local Walmart at 4:00 in the morning to pick my Switch up. It opens at 5:00 but the guy form the electronics section recommended I showed up an hour early because apparently there's people coming in from the next town over (like they don't have their own Walmart or anything). That's in 3 hours, so everyone in a different timezone knows.

Can't sleep, too much hype.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I've managed to get myself a Switch today, however I will be doing some work then afterwards, I'll set it all up and make a My Nintendo account so I can access the online. I even got myself Breath of the Wild, a Pro Controller and a Charge Grip along with the BotW DLC. I was not expecting the free Day 1 stuff that came with it.

It came with a poster, 2 cards (One which has the title of the game and Link looking over Hyrule. The other has Link and Zelda on), a charm bag and a key ring that is the BotW logo. It looks awesome! The key ring is my favourite out of them all:yeahboi:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm showing up at the local Walmart at 4:00 in the morning to pick my Switch up. It opens at 5:00 but the guy form the electronics section recommended I showed up an hour early because apparently there's people coming in from the next town over (like they don't have their own Walmart or anything). That's in 3 hours, so everyone in a different timezone knows.

Can't sleep, too much hype.
I've never thought about some Walmarts not being open 24/7. That's just so odd to me.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
God trying to get any high-demand item online is so stressful. My Walmart order is back ordered, and no where else is it in stock online. Just gotta hope my local stores will still have some when I get out of school today

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I've managed to make a My Nintendo account. Was concerned if I had to get a phone for it, luckily I don't since I could just sign up on my PC. :yeahboi:

Also, played BotW for about two and a half hours. It's REALLY fun. So much to explore and so much to do and the many ways to interact with the environment.

The first thing I did when I get out of the starting area was I set some bushes on fire. :V

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Square Enix did some stuff with PC. Nier: Automata is coming to PC on March 17 and has generous system requirements: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/03/nier-automata-release-march-17-pc-system-requirements/. Then again, it's Square Enix and Platinum Games we're talking about. They, Capcom, and Kojima Productions are on point with PC releases and ports.

Also, FFXV tech demo on Nvidia's soon to be released GTX 1080 Ti: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/0...ch-demo-video-gdc-2017-shows-game-gtx-1080ti/. Who's ready for Gladiolus's muscles in glorious 4K? :p

Anyway, has anyone seen Nintendo's BotW GDC presentation? Might have glanced over it if someone already talked about it here, but it looks neat from the images I saw. Something about prototyping using a 2D remake of Zelda and a representation of BotW's gameplay and biker and rocker Link.

Oh, and FE Heroes got an update today. Speaking of which, does anyone know what Gaius and Selena say if they visit you? Reason why I switched to Gaius as my defense leader to ask if anyone could tell me if they see him. Of the characters that have visited me, Elise is so adorable. I love her giggle and her line of giving the happiest of hellos. Thanks, Rickster Rickster .

Last edited:
Top Bottom