• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I gotta catch up on SammyJack then... I forgot all that happened, basically.

Also... This popped up in my feed today. Is this what happens when Mercy goes to flank with Gengu? ummmmmmmmmmmmm lewd

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Found it! A song that I heard on the radio. It was in Spanish which made things difficult since I don't understand Spanish much aside from a few words. Was able to figure out the first line of the song which I think is: "Una noche de resaca", which brought up "Aire" by Mecano. I don't understand a thing other than that apparently, oxygen, nitrogen, and argo are mentioned, but it's captivating, absolutely captivating. My only regret now is that I never bothered to look up this one song I think was in Italian a while back since I didn't know the radio had archives. They do, and now I know this beautiful song.

Also, "Lullaby" by The Cure is pretty rad too. Different radio; played right after a Death Cab For Cutie song. Looked up the playlist since I had a feeling the song was by Death Cab For Cutie -- it was "Title And Registration" -- and wanted to confirm it along with remembering and wondering what the following song was. "Lullaby" has a good rhythm, but the lyrics are creepy and morbid since I keep thinking about Spider-Man. The lyrics would make more sense with Carnage or Venom, though.

On a happier note, Samurai Jack season 5 is going to air in 2 days! Commence our favorite part of Samurai Jack! :p
I think my favorite episode by-far was "Tale of X9". I was just fascinated my the noire-esque storytelling and aesthetic coupled with the development they gave to what is otherwise a ruthless, killing machine.

A close second would be "The Four Seasons of Death", mostly because the episode was so obscure that it stood out from most of the others, to me at least.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Relaxing for the day and will possibly play more Breath of the Wild. Already onto the Zora Domain which will be my first place to get the Divine Beast (Mainly because it's closer too. :V)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Lol I just saw this tweet in that same thread
It would be hotter if Link wasn't super skinny in this game. But knowing Nintendo they probably were going for something more silly

I'm pretty impressed with the fact that there's even an animation for that

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think my favorite episode by-far was "Tale of X9". I was just fascinated my the noire-esque storytelling and aesthetic coupled with the development they gave to what is otherwise a ruthless, killing machine.

A close second would be "The Four Seasons of Death", mostly because the episode was so obscure that it stood out from most of the others, to me at least.
I don't remember the series much, but I do remember the Spartan, the Scotsman, black ninja, and the shoe episodes. I think there was also this one with giant beasts which was pretty weird and I think I watched the one with the monks training him. Regardless, what little I remember watching, I still love to this day. It's just interesting that Genndy Tartakovsky was also responsible for Dexter's Laboratory which I didn't like and the animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars which I did like.

It would be hotter if Link wasn't super skinny in this game. But knowing Nintendo they probably were going for something more silly

Whoa, is the Octorok spitting out a new sword a Minish Cap reference? It's how you get the Mirror Shield in it. Feed something a shield and after some time -- much longer than in this clip --, it would spit out a Mirror Shield. I wonder if there's a myth based on that since the Great Fairies are based on, I think, both European -- Lady of the Lake? -- and Asian myths of a goddess or deity who when someone dropped an item into their lake, they would appear and ask if you dropped one of two items. If you answer honestly, then she would give you the better item or a different reward. Basically how the Great Fairies worked in the older titles.

Anyway, I kind of wished that a future Zelda game has an older Link. They could just pull a reverse Ocarina of Time where you start the game as a middle aged or even an old Link before continuing the game as a younger Link. Hmm, it could work as a Fallen Hero game -- timeline or as a theme. So, maybe the beginning is a weary, past his prime, and terribly unlucky Link who has to fight a Ganondorf in his prime or one at the height of his power. All he can do is land a permanent wound on Ganondorf before failing Hyrule. X amount of years later, another Link is born and his story is to finish what his predecessor failed to do. Maybe old Link could be an unlockable costume. Red Loftwings reminds me of phoenixes... Hmm...

Or it could literally be a reverse OoT or Dark Cloud 2 where to fix the present, Link has to return to the past.

For FE Heroes, apparently Ephraim won. Ephraim lead most of the battle, but at the end, he and Chrom flipped-flopped between who was barely in the lead. Now he's getting mauled by Lucina who has like 5-6 billion to Ephraim's 1.5 billion. It hasn't even been a day and she has that many points. Oh well. Another thing about Ephraim is that his Special quotes are creepy. One of them is, I think, "MORE! GIVE ME MORE!" There's another one that is particularly bloodthirsty as well. I know Ephraim is competitive and he did like to duel people a lot from what I remember about his back story, but this is on a different level. The lines remind me of Gray Fox and bloodthirsty berserkers. Scary. They're cool and well-delivered, but it's scary hearing him scream like a crazed murderer.

Ursula's kind of like Cecilia to me. High resistance, low defense, not that fast to double stuff, and is special effective against a type of unit. She is more offensive than Cecilia, though, since she has a Special instead of a support skill and Death Blow focuses on killing rather than self-preservation: Cecilia's Escape Route. She's all right, but she's kind of more underwhelming for me than F!Robin. Also, Eirika is basically Felicia's caretaker. Felicia's an amazing mage masher -- Why did nobody tell me this clumsy goof was an awesome unit? -- which is useful seeing as with the other thieves, I've been brute forcing mages with Jakob and playing the whole, "If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine", with Gaius which doesn't exactly work well seeing as how both of them have crappy resistance. Matthew used to be able to manage mages, but at level 24, he has the same attack -- stupid, low MT Steel Dagger and Rogue Dagger -- as Felicia with a Silver Dagger who is level 21 and Felicia's resistance is much higher. Saizo's resistance is trash, so he's out of the question. Felicia's the first thief who as a 3* really feels like she can keep up with other units into level 30+, but I know her attack caps off lower than the other thieves. Still, that isn't much of a problem since mages tend to not have a lot of defense whereas physical units do which makes using 3* and below thieves almost impossible pass level 24. Oh, and her, "Whoa!", is adorable.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Ursula's kind of like Cecilia to me. High resistance, low defense, not that fast to double stuff, and is special effective against a type of unit.
Ursula actually has 30 speed at 4 stars level 40, and if you promote her to 5 stars then it's 32 speed. That's really good imo
One of them is, I think, "MORE! GIVE ME MORE!" There's another one that is particularly bloodthirsty as well.
His other 3 are "COMING THROUGH!", "ALL RIGHT, LET'S FIGHT!", and the best one of all, "WONDERFUL!" but he says it so it sounds like WYUNDERFULL! They all just sound kinda silly to me :p
And I'm still going to support Eph and dump the few hundred flags I've been stockpiling onto him and at least try to get a high score personally.
OH MY GOD THAT TITLE!:
I'm still subscribed to Zero even though I don't watch any of his videos anymore, but I had to watch that video once I got notified of it.
Even though I could only play Lucas well in Brawl ;_;

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
I'm still subscribed to Zero even though I don't watch any of his videos anymore, but I had to watch that video once I got notified of it.
Even though I could only play Lucas well in Brawl ;_;
If you subscribe you support. He almost has 200,00 even though he barely or doesn't hit 50k on any of his videos that are talking about characters and how good they are, let alone 100k.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So after many attempts. I managed to beat my first Lynel.

It was tough, since I was asked by a Zora to take a picture of it too. So I did and managed to kill it, though thankfully I made sure to constantly dodge when it does its three hit combo and charge attack.

On the plus side, I got some sweet equipment (Bow, Shield and Sword along with ingredients too).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ursula actually has 30 speed at 4 stars level 40, and if you promote her to 5 stars then it's 32 speed. That's really good imo
Huh... No wonder I felt like something was wrong since I clearly remember her being fast as an enemy. First impression was getting destroyed by her on The Blue Crow map since I thought the Mysterious Man was going to be there -- not that it would make a difference. But nope, she zipped through the map and zapped everyone.

Either I got screwed on when her speed goes up or she's really underwhelming as a 3*. F!Robin sucked as a 2*, became good as a 3* where she was fast enough and durable enough to do stuff, and is now a monster as a 4*. Right now, she's level 21 and only has 15 speed. Freaking 3* Draug is faster (by 1 point) then her. I think she's just off by a couple of points since she flip-flops between doubling or not doubling units. Then again, like Oboro, she's surrounded by 4* and 5* units and Felicia who's naturally fast.

His other 3 are "COMING THROUGH!", "ALL RIGHT, LET'S FIGHT!", and the best one of all, "WONDERFUL!" but he says it so it sounds like WYUNDERFULL! They all just sound kinda silly to me :p
And I'm still going to support Eph and dump the few hundred flags I've been stockpiling onto him and at least try to get a high score personally.
I don't think I've heard "WONDERFUL" and I've seen, but I don't remember having heard "COMING THROUGH". It's either that or "ALL RIGHT, LET'S FIGHT!" as the other bloodthirsty moment of Ephraim.

I got dumped into Ephraim's team since I was on it the last round, but I would have still fought for him. He's getting destroyed, though.

On the subject of the Voting Gauntlet, I kind of wished you could get more flags. Something like if you win a battle of the Voting Gauntlet, you get 5 or maybe 10 flags. If 10, then participating i.e. losing should give you 5 flags so that in the next battle you hopefully win, you can use that to support your hero. I say this since I thought that completing the quests for flags would lead to another series of quests. Nope. So, I'm left with the few hundred flags to continue to support Ephraim.

Edit: Forgot about this. First 15 minutes of the Gladiolus DLC for FFXV: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/1...l-fantasy-xvs-upcoming-episode-gladiolus-dlc/. SPOILER WARNING as the DLC takes place during the game. Anyway, I really want a spin-off game featuring him now. His gameplay looks like a hack 'n' slash game. Getting Ninja Gaiden vibes with how his special attacks work. Also, the DLC goes Demon's / Dark Souls early on with those knights.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
For Fire Emblem Heroes junk, I think Ursula is OK. She's frail, but at least not in the same sense as Cecilia. Cecilia is only good because of her movement, tbh. Ursula at least has her movement and decent bulk, as well as decent speed to avoid being doubled. She can survive 1 non-SE physical hits. I think I got a speed boon Ursula, it's hard to tell.

If we merge characters, does the merge fodder add their boon stats to the main one's stats? If that's the case I made a huge mistake with M!Robin.

Also got another Kagero, but she's the same exact boon/bane as my current Kagero. I have really bad luck. I got 5 Star Lucina, which I was going for too. Except she's probably speed bane (lvl 29 - 23 speed). RIP my luck. My Hector is also speed bane, which I noticed kinda sucks. But he's so OP that it barely matters unless it's against a magic user. Buuuuuuuut it makes me feel like I should just reroll AGAIN just to get a perfect Hector.

Hector has been my steamroll baby since Day 1. He even steamrolled Ursulas map. Though if I could, I'd probably try to get Ryoma. He seems to be the best unit in the game, followed by Hector, then Takumi.

Ryoma for all out offense, Takumi for offensive range, Hector for bulk and offense. If you got those 3, and then a magic user (preferably Elise or Wrys/Lissa if you had to), you'd be set for the Arena. OFC you could replace Takumi with Tharja and still be pretty godly.

OW MY HEART ON THAT LAST ONE

The first thing is kinda nice too.

Nintendo also doesn't want to be responsible for corrupting nice gorls by showing them something so hot, so they had to nerf Link's bod. I think if it were Bara Link, it'd result in too risque pictures and Mama BJN would not let us post them because we need to be good gorls and not naughty heauxs.

I am not a naughty heaux, I swear.

... I was gonna post buff Links, but after reading the ToS for Smashboards, it seems anything that's even remotely hunky (w/ pants ofc) would fall under BAN-worthy material. I didn't even know Smashboards was Rated 1990's Disney G.

How are we all not banned yet, tho?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So I decided to reset for the Amiibo exclusive items, and OH MY, IF YOU HAVE THE SMASH BROS ZELDA AMIIBO, YOU NEED HER ITEM.
She gives you the Twilight Bow, it has 30 power. That's decent so far, right? Well, it uses light arrows. And these light arrows are generated from the weapon itself, so it doesn't use any of your arrows, and you can use it if you're out of arrows. This thing also has crazy high durability, you can fire off maybe 100 arrows before it breaks (and by then you can just reset for the bow again). But it still uses arrows, so you can pick up any that you've fired, and since it doesn't use any of yours, this is basically a way to generate free arrows to use with your other bows.

Plus the light arrows are so sparkly that you can fire them up into the sky to make your own starry sky. 10/10
Now to try and get 30th Anniversary Toon Zelda's special item since it sounds pretty decent as well.

tl;dr Zelda in Smash is finally good at something

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
So I decided to reset for the Amiibo exclusive items, and OH MY, IF YOU HAVE THE SMASH BROS ZELDA AMIIBO, YOU NEED HER ITEM.
She gives you the Twilight Bow, it has 30 power. That's decent so far, right? Well, it uses light arrows. And these light arrows are generated from the weapon itself, so it doesn't use any of your arrows, and you can use it if you're out of arrows. This thing also has crazy high durability, you can fire off maybe 100 arrows before it breaks (and by then you can just reset for the bow again). But it still uses arrows, so you can pick up any that you've fired, and since it doesn't use any of yours, this is basically a way to generate free arrows to use with your other bows.

Plus the light arrows are so sparkly that you can fire them up into the sky to make your own starry sky. 10/10
Now to try and get 30th Anniversary Toon Zelda's special item since it sounds pretty decent as well.

tl;dr Zelda in Smash is finally good at something
I HAVE THAT AMIIBO AND PAC MAN! Only one is now worth something though.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
This brings up something. The new focus is stated to be designed to help for this map and it's true. Effie is a tank and would be the sword cavalry counter along with preventing follow-ups on her with Wary Fighter, Felicia's kind of there to help with healing -- basically the Maria of the Robin focus --, Nino is a green mage which means she's naturally at advantage to Ursula, and Setsuna's Assassin Bow prevents thieves from doubling.
I'm not sure what Setsuna's role is, but it's possible she's the one that's actually meant to be healing through her high HP stat and special skill. Nino (I tried) isn't strong enough to one-hit Ursula in the first enemy phase, which she needs to be able to do for Effie to tank the thieves. Felicia on the other hand with her absurd RES stat and hitting physical damage probably can. Nino's job would be to destroy that Green Armored knight safely from behind the wall. Setsuna probably shouldn't ever be attacking; both thieves have poison dagger, which is super-effective on infantry units. Even if she can stop them from doubling her, I'm not sure how much damage she'd be doing in return. Felicia would be doing pittance on everyone who isn't Ursula unless you grind out her special move on the Armored knight before killing it with Nino.

I'm still trying to beat her Lunatic map; don't really have a choice but train up F!Robin and my new Effie to basically level 40 to get my strategy to work.

So after many attempts. I managed to beat my first Lynel.
Ah ****, I'm going to have to do that again for a quest? I did it when I had really, really good guardian weapons on me from three separate "Minor/Major Test of Strength" shrines. Lost all of them to take it down.

I got dumped into Ephraim's team since I was on it the last round, but I would have still fought for him. He's getting destroyed, though.
Eh, I'm gonna make bank anyway. Currently Ranked 8th in Ephraim's army, and rank 743 out of everyone. That's 6,000 feathers right there.

I really like how they made it so you don't get forced into bandwagoning to get feathers, and part of that is due to not getting more feathers than they want you to; means the time I put in gets me something extra, even though I wasn't on the winning team during the 1st or 3rd rounds.

I saw the first guy when I was looking for a good place to jump off the bridge. It was so heartwarming and I didn't want the NPC to think his efforts went to waste, a I climbed up a taller cliff a bit away and jumped off that instead.

I think if it were Bara Link, it'd result in too risque pictures and Mama BJN would not let us post them because we need to be good gorls and not naughty heauxs.
Well, of course. Mama BJN just wants to watch out for us and protecT us from fuujin harmful influences. What if Link catches a cold without a shirt on, while climbing up a frost covered mountain?? The Mama approved bara Link would be wearing a nice big parka to cover his smooth and oiled physique along with mittens stitched with love.

See, Toon Link gets it.

How are we all not banned yet, tho?
because the only ban we agree on here is ban zelda, it's in the title smh

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
I'm not sure what Setsuna's role is, but it's possible she's the one that's actually meant to be healing through her high HP stat and special skill. Nino (I tried) isn't strong enough to one-hit Ursula in the first enemy phase, which she needs to be able to do for Effie to tank the thieves. Felicia on the other hand with her absurd RES stat and hitting physical damage probably can. Nino's job would be to destroy that Green Armored knight safely from behind the wall. Setsuna probably shouldn't ever be attacking; both thieves have poison dagger, which is super-effective on infantry units. Even if she can stop them from doubling her, I'm not sure how much damage she'd be doing in return. Felicia would be doing pittance on everyone who isn't Ursula unless you grind out her special move on the Armored knight before killing it with Nino.

I'm still trying to beat her Lunatic map; don't really have a choice but train up F!Robin and my new Effie to basically level 40 to get my strategy to work.

Ah ****, I'm going to have to do that again for a quest? I did it when I had really, really good guardian weapons on me from three separate "Minor/Major Test of Strength" shrines. Lost all of them to take it down.

Eh, I'm gonna make bank anyway. Currently Ranked 8th in Ephraim's army, and rank 743 out of everyone. That's 6,000 feathers right there.

I really like how they made it so you don't get forced into bandwagoning to get feathers, and part of that is due to not getting more feathers than they want you to; means the time I put in gets me something extra, even though I wasn't on the winning team during the 1st or 3rd rounds.

I saw the first guy when I was looking for a good place to jump off the bridge. It was so heartwarming and I didn't want the NPC to think his efforts went to waste, a I climbed up a taller cliff a bit away and jumped off that instead.

Well, of course. Mama BJN just wants to watch out for us and protecT us from fuujin harmful influences. What if Link catches a cold without a shirt on, while climbing up a frost covered mountain?? The Mama approved para Link would be wearing a nice big parka to cover his smooth and oiled physique along with mittens stitched with love.

See, Toon Link gets it.

because the only ban we agree on here is ban zelda, it's in the title smh
This man posts like I like after a weekend of not being on here.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
FE heroes

more like a damn Lucina cult

so i made this
Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 9.10.22 PM.png

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
On the bright side it's easier to get your contribution rank up on Team Ephraim...
i accept defeat

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
For Fire Emblem Heroes junk, I think Ursula is OK. She's frail, but at least not in the same sense as Cecilia. Cecilia is only good because of her movement, tbh. Ursula at least has her movement and decent bulk, as well as decent speed to avoid being doubled. She can survive 1 non-SE physical hits. I think I got a speed boon Ursula, it's hard to tell.
Ursula, like Narcian, F!Robin, all the special map units, and your starting units are supposed to have no stat variations. Everyone is going to end up with the same units. I don't know why they would suddenly change it up like that if they did it since the beginning.

Anyway, apparently an average Cecilia is supposed to be slightly bulkier than Ursula; 36 HP to 35, 22 defense to 19, and 30 resistance to 29. I have a defense bane Cecilia, so that doesn't apply. Cecilia's raw attack is higher by 7 points, 46 to Ursula's 39, but Ursula has Death Blow and much higher speed at 32 to Cecilia's 25. The funny thing is that in the end, Cecilia actually has 3 more total stats, but the problem with her other than being slow is that there are so many red units and the units she is also effective against, colorless units, are likely going to kill her in the first place e.g. Felicia, Jakob, Jeorge, probably Kagero, and definitely Takumi -- who the hell thought it was a good idea to give him Close Counter AND Vengeance? She'd only be effective against Gaius, Saizo, and Virion because their resistance sucks, but they're all physical units who are fast and hit really hard, especially Virion. In singleplayer, you better pray to Anna that the colorless units you meet are the poorest saps with terrible attack, HP, resistance, and speed. Another problem is she has no offensive skills unlike Ursula who has a Special and Death Blow. Cecilia has Rally Resistance, but Jakob might be a better option if you can get him or you could get someone else who has a resistance buff skill like Anna who you start out with.

So, Ursula despite having lower total stats, has high stats in key areas: attack, resistance, and speed. She also has the benefit of being a blue unit where red units are the most numerous, especially with 5*, legendary hero units. Skill-wise, she's probably better since being an anti-cavalry mage is probably safer than trying to be an anti-colorless, especially an anti-archer unit. The only mage that I think works the Raven tome well is Henry. Why? Dude has really good defense and Defiant Defense to boot. Unfortunately, the game hates me and I haven't gotten another red mage since Sophia and that happened twice. Ghetto mage Tiki, you're my saving grace.

Still, as I said before, she's pretty underwhelming for me compared to F!Robin and even Odin who's mediocre which is probably why he feel better since he doesn't have any real glaring flaws other than lower resistance since that's his bane. High speed, though.

If we merge characters, does the merge fodder add their boon stats to the main one's stats? If that's the case I made a huge mistake with M!Robin.
Serenes Forest's page on it: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-heroes/heroes/merging-heroes/.

So, yeah, the merge unit is the one who adds their stats to the one getting enhanced. Also, don't worry, I think plenty of people messed up with merging me included. I really wished I had kept that 3* Barst from way back and maybe the 3* Selena, but super tanky Selena is awesome, so whatever.

The one thing I wished that didn't happen was the when you promote, your unit loses the boosted stats. At least allow for a low stat to be made average. So, let's say I have 2 Chroms. One has high HP and low speed while the other has high speed and low resistance. If merge the second to the first and assuming I understand merging correctly, I'd end up with a Chrom with boosted speed and if I promote that Chrom, he would only have high HP as a 5* unit while speed becomes average.

It's annoying to have duplicates of units. It's another thing to not be able to fix units since if you promote them, they can end up being pretty bad. For some units, they're so finicky like Frederick I would prefer an average one since any stat variation would mean something has to give or somethings have to give. Of his stats, attack, HP, resistance, and speed being made low is terrible, especially resistance. While HP and resistance going up aren't that useful. So that just leaves attack, defense, and speed as good stats to go up. Pick one or two to go up and one or two to go down. Yeah. It's great that the 4* Frederick I got can double with his high speed, but it's terrible when he gets mauled by anyone with magic.

It would make merging more useful since unless you desperately need SP points for whatever reason, Serenes Forest is right that you shouldn't merge unless it's with a 5* unit or a 4* unit you want to keep like that for a long time for whatever reason. Sending them home to get rid of units for space isn't that great either since they give diddly for feathers.

I really wished I could have patched up Frederick and Gaius. The stupidest thing is that it's both for resistance. 3* Frederick and Gaius have high resistance, but low HP for Frederick and low speed for Gaius. I wished I could have merged maybe the 4* ones or if I really wanted to lose 4K feathers, promote then merge.

Also, I kind of wished that you could at least pass down a weapon or maybe any 1 skill if you merged at least a higher rarity unit with a lower one since it kind of sucks to know that if I merge, for whatever reason, a 4* Virion to a 3* Virion because that Virion had better stat distribution, he would still be weaker because he wouldn't have a Silver Bow or something.

I think it's more of an on paper thing.

Setsuna's Assassin Bow lessens the damage she receives from the Poison Dagger thieves even though she's an infantry archer. Mounted archer Rath, when? She is also the other ranged unit on a map with 2 thieves and 1 Ursula. Add in Reciprocal Aid, and she's basically the other utility unit alongside Felicia. So, if your problem are the thieves, she's there to help you and heal you. If your problem is Ursula, then Felicia and because of plot reasons -- Ursula's basically an evil "aunt" to Nino -- and color advantage, Nino. If you problem are the thieves and the sword cavalier, then Effie and maybe the axe knight since Effie's durable and hits hard, especially on your turn.

That said, there are definitely other units you could use. F!Robin is obvious because she's a green, anti-cavalry mage, so she's going to destroy Ursula, but she's going to get destroyed by the sword cavalier and as an infantry unit, so she's going to get destroyed by the thieves. If you have cavalry, flying units, and other knights, they would be able to get by. The only problem is how to get rid of Ursula since she's the only mage unit which means units like Draug and Frederick will likely die to her because of their low resistance. Personally, I'd say F!Robin for Ursula and the rest of the units as non-infantry with high defense. Subaki is really useful because he can just swap places with F!Robin when you pull her back from killing Ursula allowing him to kill the sword cavalier and tank the thieves because of his high defense. After that, you'd need to kill the other thieves and the axe knight. Of the red units, Caeda's the only non-infantry with Armorslayer, but her defense is average. Everyone can get Stahl, so he's probably a better option. Otherwise, there's Beruka, Camilla, Cherche, Draug, Eldigan, Frederick, Gunter, Hector, Minerva, Narcian, Sheena, and Palla, and if you want to go the magic route, Leo. A bit iffy on Camilla and Minerva since they have respectable defense, but not as high as Beruka, Cherche, or Narcian nor do they have color advantage like Palla.

TL;DR: The main point is that I feel like this focus applies to the Grand Hero Event more than the previous with Robin where you had Fir who is a physical unit with high resistance against F!Robin who has high defense, Hawkeye who is also a physical unit and would only really be there to tank magic as his defense isn't stellar, and Tiki who while able to attack from range, has average to poor resistance and speed. Maria's there to help heal, but Sakura would be better in my opinion because of her resistance buff special.

They kind of work, but Fir should have been replaced with Henry, Leo, and Tharja and Maria with Sakura. That said, I do get the whole Physic is useful thing, but you could just plop Sakura next to you and be fine so long as a physical unit doesn't get near her. Felicia would have been more applicable and so would Jakob. Hawkeye and Tiki are fine, but if Fir was replaced with a mage, then maybe Jeorge, Kagero, Niles, and Ryoma, should take her place. Even a cavalry like Eliwood or flyer would work despite being disadvantaged to the anti-flyer mage and F!Robin.

Welp, here's wondering what the next focus for Xander will be. Abel and Arthur are my picks. Totally not going to get either of them. Instead, I'll magically end up with someone like Ryoma and rage as I wonder what the hell I did to deserve this.

Edit: OMG. Alfonse only got around 328,300,000 points in the first round. Elise doubled that while Sharena quintupled that. The wiki kept track of it: https://feheroes.wiki/Voting_Gauntlet.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Trying to do the Expert Stages in Pokemon Shuffle so I can get the remaining Pokemon that I'm missing (Mainly Chesnaught and Delphox, and hopefully Gallade too in the future).

Also, I'll be eventually beating my first Divine Beast in BotW. :yeahboi:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I've managed to beat the first Divine Beast in BotW.

I LOVE the Zora Armour. It makes you go FAST up waterfalls, I was expecting you swim up it at a moderate speed. But to go THAT fast and to leap when you reach the top to gain a lot of height is just amazing.

Also saw Episode 9 of Gintama 2017. Episode 10 next week for freenium Crunchyroll users which is Gintoki vs. Kamui.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
elise losing in the first round to that raTchet ho eirika is a sin

and now mopcina is going to win the whole thing

i am displeasT

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Started off OK, ended with my soul needing to be saved. Help me.
2017-03-12 20.13.14.png

Can I even directly post that url?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
You're not tricking me, I know a Rick Roll trap when I see it.
I actually thought it was too, except my BF isn't a memelord so I trusted the link.

It's a video called "Zelda Milk" by Lyle McDouchebag. I let my better judgement stop me from playing it in the middle of work, but decided to give it a chance. Pls don't let there be milk in BotW. On the other hand, the language was very tame for something Lyle and PsychicPebbles wrote.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So of course Eph lost, but still, beating one of the more popular Fates siblings and Chrom is really surprising so gud job.
Also another person who did a good job is Buddhahobo Buddhahobo getting 15TH PLACE, GO GORL!
Screenshot_2017-03-12-23-05-24.png
Also I decided to do 1 last summoning before the focus changes.
I WILL NEVER ASK ANYTHING FROM THIS GAME AGAIN, I'VE BEEN BLEßED THESE LAST FEW SUMMONS AND THIS IS JUST ANOTHER FANTASTIC GIFT
Screenshot_2017-03-12-01-38-21.png

Well, except for the fact that she's +Resistance -HP which isn't that great but I'll take it.
So now I have someone to pair up with Eph to give Reinhardt +6 attack every turn, which equals 12 extra damage per player phase because Brave weapon gg.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So of course Eph lost, but still, beating one of the more popular Fates siblings and Chrom is really surprising so gud job.
Also another person who did a good job is Buddhahobo Buddhahobo getting 15TH PLACE, GO GORL!
Also I decided to do 1 last summoning before the focus changes.
I WILL NEVER ASK ANYTHING FROM THIS GAME AGAIN, I'VE BEEN BLEßED THESE LAST FEW SUMMONS AND THIS IS JUST ANOTHER FANTASTIC GIFT
View attachment 126972
Well, except for the fact that she's +Resistance -HP which isn't that great but I'll take it.
So now I have someone to pair up with Eph to give Reinhardt +6 attack every turn, which equals 12 extra damage per player phase because Brave weapon gg.
The Sass is with us, because the moment you posted this is also the moment something great happened. While the Sass Goddess has given you the great gift of True Sword Kween WhoIsTotallyNotIntoIncest, she was also giving me the will to somehow play Comp for more than 3 hours straight today. I am no longer a mere Princess of Sass. Because...

As much ice on me as there is in my heart, all the other "gorls" shoulda moved right from the start.
Takin' all those points, crushin' all those objectives, ain't sweatin' even when things get stupidly hectic.
Gonna gun you heauxes down 'cause that's how I do.
You think "You's a Lil Mercy so that ain't true."
Too bad for you, 'cause my pistol does a surprising amount of damage too.
Collectin' all your salt to make these shining diamonds and these jewels.
My servants never die 'cause I know how to press Q.
So just step aside little heaux, this Sass Kween is comin' thru.
Mercy main btw.

ScreenShot_17-03-13_03-48-09-000.jpg

TBH I'm only hype over this because it means I get a gun at the end of the season with my current CP no matter what I do. So. Like. I am super happy to get another gaudy golden gun. I still need to decide what my 2nd golden weapon will be. I'm thinking Orisa or D.Va. Maybe Sombrero.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I had strangely good luck with the gauntlet banners. Decided to do a huge orb blowout since I wanted more variety (literally had like one semi-viable team comp with 25 units). I ended up getting a 5 star Chrom on the first summon. Then later I decided to spend more orbs (like 80 lol) and got some decent units. Effie was probably the best out of all of them. I was running out of orbs, but then pulled 5 star Ephraim, so I was happy. I decided to push my luck a little further and grind some orbs since I felt like I should have Eirika to complement Ephraim. About 20 orbs later I pull a random 5 star Ogma. No clue who he is so I probably won't use him much.

I was starting to lose hope, but I got a few more orbs and tried again. I got Eirika...but a 4 star variant. Honestly I'm ok with this since I'll be able to upgrade her eventually, given that feathers are essentially unlimited, although it will take a while. I decided to try for Lucina using the last bit of hard mode orbs, and ended up with 5 star Lyn out of nowhere.

I stopped summoning after that

I really do want to get Eirika up to 5 star though so I can finally make a good team. I plan on running Ephraim/Eirika/Nino/Felicia or a healer. The idea is that Eirika's buffs will help patch Ephraim's terrible speed and give him extra attack, and Ephraim will give Eirika a little more punch. Then Nino becomes a green nuke from Eirika's buffs being converted into raw attack (+3 atk and 4 spd equals a +10 bonus with Gronnblade). Then Felicia takes out mages since mages always give me problems (**** you in particular Julia). Although I'm having trouble adjusting to not having a healer since I've had healing since day 1.

As far a natures go, it's just meh for my main team. Nino and Felicia are neutral, Ephraim is +HP -Atk (rip), Eirika is +Spd -Res (okay I guess?). Lyn is -Spd but +Atk so not all is lost there.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Natures are a really stupid idea in a gatcha game

Idk who thought it would be a good idea to add more rng to a game already based around rng, but I hate that person

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

About to start on my next assignment and see what I'll have to do for this week. Luckily, it won't have to be in till the start of May, which is good. Have about two months to get this done unlike the previous one which was only a month.

Also, looking at the overall changes in the Sm4sh Tier List. Still can't get over how Marth & Lucina have the highest overall changes (Marth being at +31, Lucina at +29 with Mewtwo at +28).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apparently the new focus will add characters from Blazing Sword: http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-...-from-the-blazing-blade-being-added-tomorrow/.

Jaffar (assassin), Karel (swordmaster), Lucius (monk), Ninian (dancer), Rebecca (archer), and Priscilla (troubadour). Yay, another archer I won't freaking summon. Anyway, going off of that, Rebecca was known for being really fast. I doubt they would add another Brave Bow unit right after Klein, so she might be a Killer Bow -- I don't remember her luck stat -- or a Silver Bow archer. Next, Jaffar is probably going to be a Poison Dagger user fitting his assassin class or a glass cannon since he was one of the few pre-promotes to be able to handle himself well. Then again, while assassins were the promoted class of thieves, they functioned differently; assassins are stronger, but lose the ability to lockpick and thieves are weaker, but can lockpick. Karel is another sword unit and being based on his Blazing Sword self will probably be bloodthirsty as all hell. Probably going to have a Killing Edge like his niece Fir and fellow swordsman Lon'qu. Or, he could have a Wo Dao which is essentially a stronger Killing Edge which we already have with the plus version... Lucius is probably going to be a healer judging by the art. If so, meh. If not, then a blue mage which he should be since monks start out being unable to heal and are offensive units first. Ninian is weird. She is a dancer, but she is a special unit whose powers are never used in-game, but as a plot point. All I'll say is that a dancer who is a magic unit would be interesting. And finally, Priscilla is a troubadour. Simple as that.

The only ones I want are Jaffar, Lucius if he's a blue mage, Ninian, and Rebecca because getting screwed with no other archers suck. Watch me summon Hector and Ryoma. Just watch.

Also, some other stuff for FE Heroes: http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-heroes-voting-gauntlet-end-play-everyday-event/.

Last edited:
Top Bottom