• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
I started watching GGrumps LP of Shadow of the Colossus, amazingly Danny's decent at it. Every now and then the grumps are actually good at what they play lol.

I guess I'm going to stop asking for wifi games here. Everyone seems to have moved on. Smash ladder's an easy place to find games.

The only Moe's I can think of is Moe's Bagels.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Moe's is a southwestern grill that is very similar to Chipotle where you pick all the things you want for a burrito and they make it front of you.

It's pretty tasty and cheap for the quality of food.

Fern would call it a monstrosity I'm sure.

Also I didn't realize it had made it outside of Indiana. Good for them!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've never heard of that particular Moe's. However, we have a Moe's not too far away from me that's a barbeque joint. I've never tried it, but I've heard it's decent.

wow rip gorl
It's honestly not as bad as you think. The new aiming thing that came in the new patch has really helped out the game, but aiming is still kinda wonky.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Clearly saying Moe's without specifying southwest grill burrito place was confusing too many people, though I should think if I'm comparing it to a burrito place--which I think is something people commonly know about chipotle--that connecting the dots wouldn't be hard.

Regardless, I like it better than Chipotle personally #opinions

Also Potbelly is a glorious sandwich restaurant local for me. And Meatheads. Meatheads is amazing, but not very widespread yet iirc.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I started watching GGrumps LP of Shadow of the Colossus, amazingly Danny's decent at it. Every now and then the grumps are actually good at what they play lol.

I guess I'm going to stop asking for wifi games here. Everyone seems to have moved on. Smash ladder's an easy place to find games.

The only Moe's I can think of is Moe's Bagels.
I'll play with you if we can get a good connection going

FG matchmaking insists on putting me against either people with those terrible stuttering connections, or people who are just...bad. Occasionally I get placed in a "good bracket" or something and get a gauntlet of really good players, but it's really rare

Win % matchmaking is a lie

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'll play with you if we can get a good connection going

FG matchmaking insists on putting me against either people with those terrible stuttering connections, or people who are just...bad. Occasionally I get placed in a "good bracket" or something and get a gauntlet of really good players, but it's really rare

Win % matchmaking is a lie
Thanks. I'm tired right now but we can try some other time.

PS my win rate is low but it would be much higher if I only used Link. I like player around with different characters.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Thanks. I'm tired right now but we can try some other time.

PS my win rate is low but it would be much higher if I only used Link. I like player around with different characters.
I'm trying to bring my other characters up to where my Zelda is but...I'm really struggling. Mostly because I'm only used to playing Zelda online, and not other characters. Sheik online is particularly bad

Anyway that's fine that you can't play now I need to be writing a draft due tomorrow anyway rip

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

We've now got some images of Jangmo-o's evolutions and Type: Null's evolution Shiruvadi too. Shiruvadi also has a unique hold item called Memory, which allows it to turn into any of the 18 Types, plus it has a unique move called Multi Attack, where it'll work the same as Judgement, where the typing of the move will be based on Shiruvadi's type. Gotta be honest, Shiruvadi looks pretty cool looking now.

Also, I'll be continuing on with my University work now, ain't too bad so far. Just hoping I'll eventually get to doing some practical work instead of reading.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Scizor likely won't come to Wii U for a while though
There's enough slots for 4 new characters, which include Darkrai and Scizor, and one of them was leaked to likely be Empoleon. Chances are the new characters will be Arcade exclusive for a while, before all 4 are dropped on Wii U in one big update. They did the same thing for Braixen, Garchomp, and the Mewtwos, just in reverse, being console exclusive first.
But yes please come back to Pokken. The game is really fun at high level play.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Scizor likely won't come to Wii U for a while though
If at all, to be honest.

New Pokken characters show that PT did good in validating itself and it's still being supported, but if the NX is actually going to be hitting stores in March in six month, a 2017 "Pokken 2" or "Pokken Turbo Edition" release for the NX may be more likely.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
If at all, to be honest.

New Pokken characters show that PT did good in validating itself and it's still being supported, but if the NX is actually going to be hitting stores in March in six month, a 2017 "Pokken 2" or "Pokken Turbo Edition" release for the NX may be more likely.
Darkrai, Scizor, and Empoleon files were found on the Wii U version. They're incredibly likely to be coming, they're just going through the typical Bandai Namco arcade-exclusivity process
They could do a Pokken 2 for NX but that doesn't mean they can't add to the Wii U version still

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Type: Null's evolution looks pretty cool tbh.
It looks like the Chimera evolved into a Cockatrice. Definitely keeping to the same theme there, I like it.

They could do a Pokken 2 for NX but that doesn't mean they can't add to the Wii U version still
Yeah, that's true. There's nothing particularly wrong with releasing DLC for a Wii U game after the next console comes out.

Just seems like there isn't that much time left is all, and they still have up to two more characters to reveal and bring to the arcades for an exclusive period of time.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
It looks like the Chimera evolved into a Cockatrice. Definitely keeping to the same theme there, I like it.

Yeah, that's true. There's nothing particularly wrong with releasing DLC for a Wii U game after the next console comes out.

Just seems like there isn't that much time left is all, and they still have up to two more characters to reveal and bring to the arcades for an exclusive period of time.
If they go at the same pace and reveal a new character every 3 months or so, then we'd end up with all 4 on Arcades around March or April. Same time period the NX will be out. That gives them a chance to develop an NX port while the characters enjoy arcade-exclusivity for a few months. Then they release the NX port and drop an update for the Wii U version, finally giving us the characters.
That's one scenario, but that's also a lot longer for those characters to be exclusive compared to the console exclusives. I was really hoping they'd give us Darkrai today and keep Scizor exclusive, then give us Scizor when they reveal Empoleon, then Empoleon when they reveal the 4th character.
That would be the ideal plan, as it would spark more much-needed interest in Pokken. But unless we hear something about Darkrai in the next week or so then I wouldn't get my hopes up :c

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So Pyro will be getting its weapon pack soon, Scream Fortress is almost here, Comp getting fixed further and speaking of Pyro. Pyro got his airblast fixed, now onto fixing the flamethrower mojo, airblast hitbox and models + servers alignment.

It's gonna be a good autumn for TF2.

I like it too, when I first saw it; I will admit it did kind of look like a Digimon to me, but now it doesn't as much to me now. Looks awesome though, I am wondering if when we give it the Memory, if we can select what typing it could be.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, I didn't expect Type: Null to be a cyborg underneath that helmet.
Silvadi is still really cool though, I'm definitely getting one for my team as soon as I'm able. And since it can be any type, I'll have no issues finding a way to make it fit.

Scizor in Pokken looks really cool. They really overdid it, as per usual. I'm much more of a Scyther person myself though, so I'm not going crazy over it.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Well, I didn't expect Type: Null to be a cyborg underneath that helmet.
Silvadi is still really cool though, I'm definitely getting one for my team as soon as I'm able. And since it can be any type, I'll have no issues finding a way to make it fit.

Scizor in Pokken looks really cool. They really overdid it, as per usual. I'm much more of a Scyther person myself though, so I'm not going crazy over it.
Thank you: Scyther>Scizor :grin:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I've just checked the pilot of Flip Flappers on Crunchyroll.

The animation was stunning. I mean it was REALLY well done, but it's a sakuga anime so that is to be expected. I mean, just look at the OP:

I did like the surrounding landscape in this show, it looked very pretty and I liked the mixture of European Architecture with stuff like the Japanese railway system and so on. Will admit so far, the characters Cocona and Papika aren't that interesting as of now. Papika's basically the weird girl and Cocona getting dragged into this mess as well.

Hoping for this show to improve.

Flip Flappers gets 3.5 :4zelda:s out of 5.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Clearly HBox thinks Smash 4 is a lot more balanced than it really is considering his goal...

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Clearly HBox thinks Smash 4 is a lot more balanced than it really is considering his goal...
Didn't HBox sub Kirby back in Brawl and used him in Sm4sh at the Invitational too? Or he could stick with Mario.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
To be fair, his metric on what constitutes "balanced" is most likely Melee.

There are arguably almost as many viable characters in Smash 4 as there are characters in Melee.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
To be fair, his metric on what constitutes "balanced" is most likely Melee.

There are arguably almost as many viable characters in Smash 4 as there are characters in Melee.
Huh, you're right!
Didn't HBox sub Kirby back in Brawl and used him in Sm4sh at the Invitational too? Or he could stick with Mario.
His Mario was hilariously bad, but I do remember him using a King Dedede/Jigglypuff in Brawl (Yes, he seriously used Puff in Brawl)
Of course, King Dedede in this game is bottom 10... so yeah, probably not an option

Last edited:
Top Bottom