• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
There was just the plot twist of the century in a book I'm reading. I'm waiting for my mind to recover.

SANTA CLAUS IS ODIN! SANTA CLAUS IS ODIN! SANTA CLAUS IS MOTHER****ING ODDDDDDDDIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN!!!!!! HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE I CAN'T EVEN-

*ahem*

Mythology is fascinating.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Honestly Smash 4 Din's Fire might be one of the worst moves in Smash Bros. history
(I know the helpless thing is in all of the games Zelda's in, I just wanted to point that out)
I miss Brawl Din's Fire so much...
If they gave her the option of letting it soar in one direction until it hit someone/got near someone OR control it for the whole duration, it'd be quite good (as Project M kinda showed, but didn't fully realize it). As well as unique and it would fit perfectly with her "am I gonna do dis, or dis???" playstyle she relies on to actually do anything. Like, the moment she lets go of B or let the control stick go back to neutral position, she is able to move and the ball just flies forward. To counteract it from being a stage 3 hazard each time, it should only charge up while she's holding the move. So stage 1 can easily be used for combos, zoning, or just harassing. Stage 2 can be nice for damage. Stage 3 can be offstage/hard read kills. Also no free fall. Seriously. What were they thinking?

Oh wait.

That would just mean accidentally hitting the wrong button wouldn't remove a stock anymore.

Don't wanna do that now.

Balance!!!

It is not a recovery move and never has been worth using as a recovery move even back in the Brawl days where she could skim across half the stage with it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
There was just the plot twist of the century in a book I'm reading. I'm waiting for my mind to recover.

SANTA CLAUS IS ODIN! SANTA CLAUS IS ODIN! SANTA CLAUS IS MOTHER****ING ODDDDDDDDIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN!!!!!! HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE I CAN'T EVEN-

*ahem*

8 reindeer, 8-legged horse...meh, close enough.

Wait, does this make Loki Rudolph's mother?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

*ahem*

you should see the story on how Freya got her signature necklace :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just reading through my books at the moment, one on modelling and drawing. Won't take me long though, it's mostly about what I've learnt before.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
New trailer hype! :yeahboi:

Silvadi is now called Silvally, while its ability AR System is now called RKS System. Looks pretty badass so far.
Jarango and Jararanga are now called Hakamo-o and Kommo-o, they both keep Soundproof and Bulletproof as their abilities which is great.

Kommo-o also has a unique move called Clanging Scales, where it's a sound based Dragon Type move, but it lowers its Defense.

Bounsweet has two evolutions, Steenee and Tsareena. Going to be honest, Tsareena is basically Zelda. :secretkpop:

But anyway, it has the ability Queenly Majesty which I believe stops priority moves, plus it has the unique move called Trop Kick which lowers the opponent's Attack.

Cutiefly's evolution FINALLY gets unveiled as Ribombee which keeps the abilities Cutiefly had. NEXT.

Alolan Grimer and Muk look awesome, they have Poison Touch and Gluttony. However Alolan Muk looks like it's tripping! :V

We also got information on one new Kahuna and a new Trial Captain. Olivia who specializes in Rock types and Ilmia who specializes in Normal types.

Edit: Parental Bond has been confirmed to have been nerfed. The 2nd hit now does 25% damage instead of 50%.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
LOL. Tsareena is also Lusamine.

But I kinda like it. Certainly wasn't the direction I expected from that line.

Though I'm worried with a move like "trop kick" that it's either a: physical grass type, or a special grass type with a physical signature move, which is...why?

At least it also gets Dazzling as Queenly Guard or w/e that was.

But then it's mono grass........

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
New trailer hype! :yeahboi:

Silvadi is now called Silvally, while its ability AR System is now called RKS System. Looks pretty badass so far.
Jarango and Jararanga are now called Hakamo-o and Kommo-o, they both keep Soundproof and Bulletproof as their abilities which is great.

Kommo-o also has a unique move called Clanging Scales, where it's a sound based Dragon Type move, but it lowers its Defense.

Bounsweet has two evolutions, Steenee and Tsareena. Going to be honest, Tsareena is basically Zelda. :secretkpop:

But anyway, it has the ability Queenly Majesty which I believe stops priority moves, plus it has the unique move called Trop Kick which lowers the opponent's Attack.

Cutiefly's evolution FINALLY gets unveiled as Ribombee which keeps the abilities Cutiefly had. NEXT.

Alolan Grimer and Muk look awesome, they have Poison Touch and Gluttony. However Alolan Muk looks like it's tripping! :V

We also got information on one new Kahuna and a new Trial Captain. Olivia who specializes in Rock types and Ilmia who specializes in Normal types.

Edit: Parental Bond has been confirmed to have been nerfed. The 2nd hit now does 25% damage instead of 50%.
Oh boy Discount Arceus
On clearance for only $5.99
(RKS = Arceus if you guys didn't catch that)

Mettaton becomes a Pokémon
Kickin enemies with Massive Leg™

Alola Muk looks awesome but I probably won't use em

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Oh boy Discount Arceus
On clearance for only $5.99
(RKS = Arceus if you guys didn't catch that)

Mettaton becomes a Pokémon
Kickin enemies with Massive Leg™

Alola Muk looks awesome but I probably won't use em
I'm curious if Silvally will be very common in VGC since with the ability to become all types just like Arceus, allowing it to do anything.

But I think Tsareena will be fairly common along with Tapu Koko and Alolan Raichu. Though I am still going to try and use Eevee in VGC when S&M come out. :V

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Was just randomly checking the Eurobeat music on YT and I found another track in that genre that I really like.

Grand Prix by Mega NRG Man. Such an awesome song. <3

So I now got about three songs from that genre that I like. Deja Vu, Forever Young and now Grand Prix.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So... apparently Baiken was leaked for Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. Puffy, fluffy, pink ponytail. :p

Also, arm and leg day sucks.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So... apparently Baiken was leaked for Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. Puffy, fluffy, pink ponytail. :p

Also, arm and leg day sucks.
That's interesting to hear. Glad to hear that she'll be returning, now all we need is Robo Ky to be playable and the return of Bridget. :V

Also, I've decided to try out Punchline. It's stupid. REALLY stupid.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That's interesting to hear. Glad to hear that she'll be returning, now all we need is Robo Ky to be playable and the return of Bridget. :V

Also, I've decided to try out Punchline. It's stupid. REALLY stupid.
Well, she was apparently leaked as being part of Revelator's story mode a couple months back. Now she's leaked as being on-screen as a playable character. Source: https://pvplive.net/c/new-leak-reveals-baiken-coming-to-revelator-via-dl, which also has a link to the story mode leak.

Looked through Guilty Gear's roster and Baiken pretty much seals the deal. Otherwise, I guess there's Jam.

Man, I always end up liking characters who usually end up as "not good" in some way or another; Falco's bad in Smash 4, Ike's mid-tier to bad in both Brawl and Smash 4, Juri's was supposedly bad in SSFIV, but not USFIV, and is considered the worst character in SFV by some top players; Laura's meh as well, and Baiken's apparently the run of the mill in the games she appeared in, and Jam is apparently mid-tier-ish too.

I read Baiken as Blaziken

I was sooo confused lol

:150:
Would be the weirdest crossover ever. Then again, universe-welding with Street Fighter and Tekken through Akuma's role in both stories. Technically, there is a Blaziken in Guilty Gear: Jam, who technically could also be considered a Bruce Lee-clone like Fei Long and Marshall and Forest Law, Juri, Kim Kaphwan, and Luong. Fiery kicks, idle stance, and stuff.

Arm and leg day?

Did leg day suck so much you tacked it onto an arm day just to make sure you'd force yourself to do it?
I have a problem of hyper-extending my left elbow without noticing it -- taking off my backpack for example -- and I slammed my right elbow onto a door next to my desk in class. Told my instructor at the martial arts school on Tuesday that I probably shouldn't be throwing punches around and I didn't really know what to do other than practice kicks. He said I should build up muscles to tighten up my arms by doing bicep curls with 8 kilogram weights. 'Cause America and imperial measurement system, I didn't realize that 8 kg is about 17 lbs until Wednesday. Anyway, 10 reps, 4 rounds and 5 reps, 3 rounds later, there was time left and he told me to do some lunges while holding a 6 kg weight. It was a 20, 16, 12 rep pyramid thingie for 4? rounds. Did about the same thing yesterday; 10 reps, 2 rounds and 5 reps 3 rounds for arms and same thing for legs. I am very stubborn and very stupid.

I'm not strong by any means which is what he's trying to change. That and the whole I'm kind of underweight for my height.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Do you ever have days when you just can't play well (in smash for me)? I'm having one of those days.

Comic time:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I fought the worst Zard/Mewtwo main on For Glory today. They didn't even know how to Zard Walk.

Since they didn't deserve my respect, I ended up giving Zelda a try against them, as I've been thinking of doing lately. It went really well, way better than when I try out the likes of Jigglypuff against them. From this day on, I officially have a pocket Zelda that I only use against For Glory Scrubs.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
tfw the Rosalinda main calls Diddy boring
View attachment 119000
Everybody has their own character that they find the most fun with.
Maybe Dabuz enjoys the patient and careful playstyle of R+L but doesn't enjoy grab banana-wait for shield drop+Up Throw-Up Air or Back Air.
I find Sonic to be the least enjoyable to play personally.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Pokken & Tr4sh tourney today. Pokken should be free as hell since no-one from whatever little scene there is here is going except me & I hopefully will get Top 3 in Tr4sh. Tr4sh is gonna be weird, will likely have to deal with TwoMewbz, Mac w/ Mayo & Korn & I still don't have my own Mayo/other CP.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just got up and sorted myself out and had my breakfast. Going to proceed with some more of my University work, most of it is just reading through the books I've been given. Eventually will be doing some practical work soon.

Top Bottom