• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Sea cucumbers typically vommit their organs at predators as a way of self defense.

Of course Nintendo turned that super gross ability into something AWESOME!

:150:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Why does Mia die in like, the first 5 seconds of the game? She literally was your mentor and about to go on a date with you. Boo you Capcom.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
speaking of emulators, why is emuparadise so awful about the n64

.n64 files don't really work on anything outside P64 1.6, and even then that's a ****ty, outdated emulator

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Why does Mia die in like, the first 5 seconds of the game? She literally was your mentor and about to go on a date with you. Boo you Capcom.
I remember I was so very sad and mad and desperate and had no idea what to do when that happened.
Specially because Edgeworth is a fearsome opponent.
But th
en... well, let's just say you won't miss her at all, it will be like she comes visit all the time!

Also, Happy Birthday Mocha! ♥

:196:

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
It's my birthday today ;o
I know it's late in the day, but happy birthday! I hope you had a fun time either chilling out at home or going out :D

Also August birthdays are the best (coming from someone who was literally the only person in their class to have an August birthday lol)

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I was bored and checked the move ranking stuff. Why is Roy's Utilt that high that move's garbo.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
it is a mystery

i keep telling myself to ignore that thread but i keep going back

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I just checked it once for curiosity. And I'm sure I'll go back because curiosity is a hell of a drug. A drug that'll kill me.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
We that know SSB4 data probably feel an inherent duty to remind everyone else that they're being complete idiots if they try to rank 'anything' without taking data in mind, which I don't think just about anyone in the move ranking thread does.

I've just been popping in when Spritzee uses ha Zelda Momma Support Summon Magic

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I just went there and i have a few objections:
Why the Frig is Swordfighter's up-tilt so low like it's one of his combo starters, covers a huge distance, and is part of his up-tilt -> up-air 50/50 and/or Frame Trap
Why the Hey is Roy's Back air so low too it's strong sets and up his foward air, Swordfighter's wimpy back air is not that move's peer
AND FFS 3 TURNIP VILLAGER'S DOWN AIR IS LITERALLY CLOUD DOWN AIR WHILE STILL BEING A LARGE, LINGERING, DISJOINTED AERIAL THAT AUTO CANCELS AND IT'S NOT EVEN A TIER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
speaking of emulators, why is emuparadise so awful about the n64

.n64 files don't really work on anything outside P64 1.6, and even then that's a ****ty, outdated emulator
only had poor experiences with them personally
I was bored and checked the move ranking stuff. Why is Roy's Utilt that high that move's garbo.
it kills
soft spot can anti air to kills/combos at higher %s
not a button you press a lot, but it is good at it's job

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I'm mostly just hung up about Roy's Utilt and Uair. Uair isn't the best but it sets up for combos and the hitbox is good, even if it's mostly for the ground.

only had poor experiences with them personally

it kills
soft spot can anti air to kills/combos at higher %s
not a button you press a lot, but it is good at it's job
How the hell does it set up for combos? It's got a FAF of 39, it's way too slow. The only two nice things are that it's fast to come out and that it kills decently, but the hitbox is terrible and it sets up nothing, and it's so slow you get punished for landing it at lower percents. If I want to anti-air I'd rather use grounded Blazer, even if it's super easy to punish. Plus there's no way in hell it's better than Lucina's Utilt or on par with Marth's.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Welp imma spam that thread with Swordfighter Propaganda (TM) until swordfighter gets an A-tier on his Jab

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
GODDAMMIT
Touki's team was Dusklops, Magcargo and Slaking.
BJN39 swiftly took out the first one.
Despite not knowing any Water-Type moves, Rizen managed Magcargo well, too.
Then Slaking. UGH. Luckily BJN39 poisoned it so Truant played against it, so victory was earned.
Then back to granite cave, a random Elekid's Thunderpunch crit'd TWICE and killed ha.
RIP BJN39.
I swear I never had a Nuzlocke going down so badly before.

Now to Slateport. And since I'm tired of looking back for page steals, I'll just use random recent users.
Route 110: LonkQ the Cleffa.
The randomizer probably changed the wild Poochiena or something like that for Cleffas, they're EVERYWHERE.

I'm mostly just hung up about Roy's Utilt and Uair. Uair isn't the best but it sets up for combos and the hitbox is good, even if it's mostly for the ground.

How the hell does it set up for combos? It's got a FAF of 39, it's way too slow. The only two nice things are that it's fast to come out and that it kills decently, but the hitbox is terrible and it sets up nothing, and it's so slow you get punished for landing it at lower percents. If I want to anti-air I'd rather use grounded Blazer, even if it's super easy to punish. Plus there's no way in hell it's better than Lucina's Utilt or on par with Marth's.
Is Roy's nair listed? Because that move is godlike!

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
So on an article called "The Wild Ride: A Melee Tiers analysis" and the first post on it was a guy saying "Melee needs to die already. It's the same 4-8 characters every match."
He spoke his opinion in those sentences, and didn't harbor any swearing, poor manner, or any of that general stuff.
He got a warning for this post.
I was confused, since there wasn't anything wrong with his post. So I reached out to him asking how the post got a warning. He replied "People (Especially moderators) don't like to see things that they don't agree with, regardless of how truthful it is"
I asked him who gave him the warning, he replied "Litt"
So I searched "Litt"
And I found my heart sinking along with pitying laughter.
Litt is a senator. That's trouble. I wondered if I could find what made them so mad.
.......it didn't take long. Litt mains Samus.
Samus was bad in 64
She's bad in Brawl
And she's not all that great to win a tourney in Smash 4.
But Samus was great in Melee. So if melee died out, so would their precious little Samus. Of course, there could be other possibilities why she gave a warning. But point is, they gave a warning to a post that wasn't wrong.
And that's no good.
I'm not sure if I should tag Litt and attract their attention head-on, talk about this to another moderator, or just generally spread a message where ever I can that Litt isn't good.
Basically the main goal is to be a rat.

Rizen

Smash Legend
So on an article called "The Wild Ride: A Melee Tiers analysis" and the first post on it was a guy saying "Melee needs to die already. It's the same 4-8 characters every match."
He spoke his opinion in those sentences, and didn't harbor any swearing, poor manner, or any of that general stuff.
I was confused, since there wasn't anything wrong with his post. So I reached out to him asking how the post got a warning. He replied "People (Especially moderators) don't like to see things that they don't agree with, regardless of how truthful it is"
So I searched "Litt"
Litt is a senator. That's trouble. I wondered if I could find what made them so mad.
Samus was bad in 64
She's bad in Brawl
But Samus was great in Melee. So if melee died out, so would their precious little Samus. Of course, there could be other possibilities why she gave a warning. But point is, they gave a warning to a post that wasn't wrong.
And that's no good.
I'm not sure if I should tag Litt and attract their attention head-on, talk about this to another moderator, or just generally spread a message where ever I can that Litt isn't good.
That logic has a lot of assumptions :/ Maybe he's just in a bad mood because his hemorrhoids are acting up? Anyway if you go to the forums page, at the bottom there's a forum support area for problems with members, mods etc.
Is Roy's nair listed? Because that move is godlike!
Does it combo? IDK much about Roy.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So...
Yuuki had a Regirock. And it will carry over for the next battles. It decided to explode on Rizen. RIP.
Route 117: nothing. I found a Groudon but I spent 30+ balls on him before he struggled so much it died.
I decided to take on Tessen with my only two remaining Pokémon: Burgundy (Vigoroth) and Furret (Furret).
He had 4 mons.
1. It started with Omanyte. Slow, but it was easily defeated.
2. Then Pupitar. Same thing.
3. Tessen sends out COMBUSKEN. Burgundy used Yawn, Combusken used Sand-Attack. Burgundy used Cut (its strongest attack atm) and deals ~35% damage, Combusken used Sand-Attack and falls asleep. Burgundy switches out for Furret to avoid many missed attacks, Combusken is asleep. Furret used Slam, dealing ~30% damage (total ~75), Combusken wakes up! It used Double Kick! Furret is ded! Burgundy finishes Combusken!
4. Tessen used Magikarp.

SO.
RIP both Rizen and Furret.
With that, only Burgundy is left.
I guess Spritzee and LonkQ too, but they're far too weak to do anything. And they both will evolve via friendship but we ain't got time for that.
This is starting to look like it's only a matter of time till this run ends...

And btw. this was a trainer battle:

Last edited:
So I searched "Litt"
Samus was bad in 64
She's bad in Brawl
And that's no good.
tbf his sentiment about the game doesn't add to or invoke a meaningful discussion about the OP; it's just a post with no meaning or substance and only serves to incite in-arguements.

And you associating his practices with "his" (can't really call it his since you're assuming) opinion on his main is misplaced. The "main" portrait is arbitrary and doesn't necessarily say who you main in any game, because there's no need to be honest with it (no need to be dishonest either). If I wanted I could change one of my portraits to Sheik and call myself a Sheik main. Does it make me a Sheik main? Trick question because it doesn't matter and you would not know otherwise.

For example when the Rosalinda Cult ran rampant, I changed my mains to our beloved Space Elsa to match the theme and not because I play her. (Praise be to Space Elsa and may you forever let it go. Amen.)

Point is: Stop drawing conclusions without relevant and sufficient evidence.
Does it combo? IDK much about Roy.
It's pretty snazzy I'll tell you that.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Gonna be doing some concept for my Prototypes and to show off what I've come up with as well for my University work.

Also, we got a Japanese trailer for Sun & Moon.

I was wrong on Pyukumuku and A-Raichu (I'll be shortening Alola to just "A-" now). Innards out seems to act like Aftermath, but it seems to be more... powerful tbh.

A-Meowth looks so god damn sassy! Oh my god. I'm gonna catch one, and if it's female; I'm naming it "Zelda". :secretkpop:
Also, it has the same moves as its normal form too.

A-Marowak seems to have two decently good abilities. Cursed Body and Lightning Rod. I'm probably going to guess that A-Marowak might be more of a Special Attacker, but then again. With Lightning Rod, it'll gain an immunity which is solid.

A-Raichu, sorry Raichu. I was wrong. :c
But your ability though, at first sounds situational; but then I remembered Doubles. I have a feeling A-Raichu will partner REALLY well with Tapu Koko. Due to Electric Surge and Surge Surfer. And while we don't know whether the stats for the Pokemon will be the same or not, I just had a look at Raichu's base speed. Surge Surfer doubles A-Raichu's speed in Electric Terrain, so you know what that means? A-Raichu could end up becoming the fastest Pokemon in the entire game, it could outspeed Scarf users as well which is huge! (If it's Timid as well with Max EVs in Speed. Then A-Raichu will be going Sanic Speed!)

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So...
Yuuki had a Regirock. And it will carry over for the next battles. It decided to explode on Rizen. RIP.
Route 117: nothing. I found a Groudon but I spent 30+ balls on him before he struggled so much it died.
I decided to take on Tessen with my only two remaining Pokémon: Burgundy (Vigoroth) and Furret (Furret).
He had 4 mons.
1. It started with Omanyte. Slow, but it was easily defeated.
2. Then Pupitar. Same thing.
3. Tessen sends out COMBUSKEN. Burgundy used Yawn, Combusken used Sand-Attack. Burgundy used Cut (its strongest attack atm) and deals ~35% damage, Combusken used Sand-Attack and falls asleep. Burgundy switches out for Furret to avoid many missed attacks, Combusken is asleep. Furret used Slam, dealing ~30% damage (total ~75), Combusken wakes up! It used Double Kick! Furret is ded! Burgundy finishes Combusken!
4. Tessen used Magikarp.

SO.
RIP both Rizen and Furret.
With that, only Burgundy is left.
I guess Spritzee and LonkQ too, but they're far too weak to do anything. And they both will evolve via friendship but we ain't got time for that.
This is starting to look like it's only a matter of time till this run ends...

And btw. this was a trainer battle:

Don't worry I can do it ;;;w;;;

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Cool little thing from the trailer, Team Skull's grunts actually use Nest Balls to throw out their Pokemon, and Plumeria's Golbat comes out of an Ultra Ball
A cool detail that they're finally mixing up for once :0

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Cool little thing from the trailer, Team Skull's grunts actually use Nest Balls to throw out their Pokemon, and Plumeria's Golbat comes out of an Ultra Ball
A cool detail that they're finally mixing up for once :0
Never noticed that till now. But it's a great way to show who is stronger in the team.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
One of my favourite things in the world is water in the sense that when you "Swim" you're not moving. You are moving the water instead. Unless grabbing a solid object or walking on the bed. It's a strange thing I never stopped to consider until now. Imagine professional swimmers. They're not good at moving in the water, they are masters of moving the water.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I do have to say I like that Team Skull looks like they're just a group of delinquents instead of trying to do stuff like destroy the world like Galactic and Flare did, they just seem to be a group of petty deliquents throwing a tantrum over not becoming captains.

Although how far that tantrum is gonna go, I dunno, there's little doubt they'll get the legendaries involved somehow lol

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I kind of wanna try out Samus now. :V

I've been messing around with her in Training Mode. Sure, I used to dislike her in the past, but that was because I didn't know the MU that well, and I was pretty bad at the game too.

But now I kinda wanna give her a whirl, I'll need to get use to her floaty jumps too. And that her DThrow gives her no time to act after it too. But eh.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I kind of wanna try out Wii Fit now. :V

I've been messing around with her in Training Mode. Sure, I used to dislike her in the past, but that was because I didn't know the MU that well, and I was pretty bad at the game too.

But now I kinda wanna give her a whirl, I'll need to get use to her floaty jumps too. And that her UThrow gives her no time to act after it too. But eh.
Fixed that for me

Top Bottom