• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Maybe I'll give Overwatch a shot tomorrow. My computer sucks but this place I go to for tournaments has computers set up. May as well see what the fuss is all about.
Even a potato can run Overwatch on low settings. As for my experience... Well, I hate FPS games. The rapid pace and 3D environments often made me feel kind of sick and gave me headaches after playing for a while. Weapon balance was also pretty awful and lag was a big deal.

Overwatch goes "LMAO NAH" and throws all that garbo in the trash where it belongs. It's very pretty and polished, even lower settings don't look too bad (think the "good" Wii graphics). Characters are greatly balanced so it comes down to who counters who and who is more skilled. It adds a simple but satisfying layer to tactical play, but players aren't guaranteed to beat you with a counter to your character if you are outsmarting them.

I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. The funnest part is that everyone is a winner. You always get EXP and only slightly more if you win. You can still get gold medals even if your team loses. So all that effort isn't wasted. There's really no reason to get salty or mad. Unless your team forgets it's a team game and goes to YOLO SOLO. Then you can get a little mad because wow they forgot what game this was or ??????

Lastly, the game play isn't like molasses online. Laggers don't have the advantage because their hitbox is right where it is on your screen. So a headshot is rewarded regardless of their connections or your connection.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Maybe I'll give Overwatch a shot tomorrow. My computer sucks but this place I go to for tournaments has computers set up. May as well see what the fuss is all about.
What's your specs? Here's some benchmarks for reference: http://www.techspot.com/review/1180-overwatch-benchmarks/page2.html.

As Lil Puddin said, Overwatch doesn't need really high specs. It's meant to be played by a lot of people, so it's not going to be Witcher 3 level of hardware demand. Similar case would be Dota 2 and League of Legends. Speaking of which, I might try LoL again... Vaguely remember my best plays were with Hand of Fate with Sivir following. Like Kayle, but I'm terrible with her. Oh, and course, support roles with Sonia and Soraka! Nobody expects the banana. :p

This time's a kind of a good time for a PC build with AMD's apparently good promise, the RX 480 which delivers R9 390 and Nvidia GTX 970?, well, slightly under Nvidia's newer 1070 for 200 USD. That's MSRP, so I don't really know and it's not going to be on sale until the 29th? Pretty much be able to run any modern game on high to slightly under max settings at 60 FPS. AMD's RX 460 and RX 470 are apparently also really good for sub-200 USD GPUs.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
At least in Monster Hunter if my teammates sucked I could carry them by picking up the slack, using life powders, etc. I had a really nice support armor set with SnS, wide range 2, and sharpness bonuses.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I'm using a laptop so it's pretty bad, I really doubt it'd work. Like I lag on Sora which is definitely not a game that requires great hardware.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm using a laptop so it's pretty bad, I really doubt it'd work. Like I lag on Sora which is definitely not a game that requires great hardware.
I play on a laptop too and OW works completely fine.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
boy you just play all the great games don't you

What're your favorite weapons?
Which localization do you play? There's been multiple and I know at least one was godawful.
Who is best girl and why is it StarBreaker?

and yeah if you're lagging on Sora there's no way OW would run fine lol, I have no problems there but my laptop only got 26fps in OW training room on minimum settings

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I was playing the Fruitbat Factory localization. It's mostly around stage 2 or 3 so that screws me over, I'd play it more if I could run it past that without slowdown when tons of missiles show up. I'm still trying to find a weapon that best fits me, I really like the sword but it's kinda hard to use without guns too. I'm still excited to find out what the other extra weapons are.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just watching some Highlights of what happened at CEO 2016 for Smash 4. And I've now got a list of things to do for my board game. So hopefully I can get all of them done before Friday.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:
Evening~

I'm going to take a short break from uni because of some heath issues but that means I get to play video games again. :b:

I also really wanna catch up with CEO. Going to watch the VODs later today.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Evening~

I'm going to take a short break from uni because of some heath issues but that means I get to play video games again. :b:

I also really wanna catch up with CEO. Going to watch the VODs later today.
Well, you do deserve a break. I'm almost done anyway. I got to come up with some Happening Card Events, and create the character designs. I think I can easily get the characters drawn out quickly. If not, I'll just do a mugshot of them instead. Then afterwards, I have to play my board game, and record it via photos, and then write up a reflection and then an evaluation afterwards.

Which game do you plan on playing or getting back into?

You should, there were some hype stuff and upsets. A Palutena main named Prince Ramen managed to 2-0 ZeRo in Pools.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Well, you do deserve a break. I'm almost done anyway. I got to come up with some Happening Card Events, and create the character designs. I think I can easily get the characters drawn out quickly. If not, I'll just do a mugshot of them instead. Then afterwards, I have to play my board game, and record it via photos, and then write up a reflection and then an evaluation afterwards.
That's really cool, making your own game. Personally, I'm going to continue to learn french.

Which game do you plan on playing or getting back into?
Smash (Of course) but I want to play some Melee and Brawl too. I also want to start playing some of the 3DS games I got a while back.

You should, there were some hype stuff and upsets. A Palutena main named Prince Ramen managed to 2-0 ZeRo in Pools.
I'm already hyped. Thanks man.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I'm playing #FE and it's interesting so far. I can't complain yet at least.
I have a friend form Japan that have played this game. She says it's a run of the mill JRPG with some great things like the music, combat, and characters. The only thing she doesn't like about the game is the ''look'' of the game, like it's made with a small budget.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm gonna be getting that game next week. It looks stupidly fun. :yeahboi:

And since I'll be getting paid by the end of this month, it's even better. I can probably buy myself some gift cards so I can get Conquest and Revelation as well. And some Amiibo too.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Man, I'm getting some awful luck with this FFV Four Job Fiesta thing. I'm so sick of these mages! Can I get something that doesn't use up my characters' MP for once? I have Black Mage, Time Mage, and now Bard which I can't even access right now because it comes later than the other Fire Crystal jobs -_-. Was really hoping that I could get a Ninja for the Fire Crystal. Even Geomancer would have been fine since it doesn't need to use its MP and has decent enough power on its bells. But I get a frail, weak Bard instead. This is gonna be one hell of a playthrough.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
So I just checked her Miiverse page and found 2 BAN•ZELDA posts, here and here.
Neither of them were posted by anyone here and that does happen sometimes (most of the time actually), it's just random people joining the path of enlightenment banning Zelda.
I found this months ago for another example:
Wow, Zelda's meme game has been buffed! I think she's mid-tier now. But she's still outclassed by King Dedede, Shulk and Greninja

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Is there a meme tier list somewhere? Please tell me there is... XD
No, but I'm more than willing to make one. Here's examples in no particular order:
King Dedede, Shulk, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf
High
Wario, Luigi, Robin, Roy, Ike and DK
Mid
Peach, Bowser, Toon Link, Kirby, Diddy Kong Pac-Man, Zelda and Wii Fit Trainer
Low
Duck Hunt Duo, Marth, Ryu, Sonic, Cloud, Corrin, Lucas
Bottom
Mega Man, Bayonetta, Mewtwo, Yoshi, Mario, Link and Sheik.
Overall I think King Dedede is #1, and Yoshi is #56

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Quick question everyone.

Do you have a certain song from a game that has a soft spot or you have a guilty pleasure for?

Mine has to be Fight the Knight from Sonic & The Black Knight. :V

It's just so cringy, but sooo good.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
why do mewtwo mains get B8'd so easily? relax y'all it's not like that place says anything meaningful

well then again

if m2k aka the king of mews can get b8'd so easily then I guess I can see why
sorry not sorry

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I mean,

Mewtwo's not particularly difficult to play...

that other stuff is stupid, though

Last edited:
Quick question everyone.

Do you have a certain song from a game that is has a soft spot or you have a guilty pleasure for?

Hmm... for soft spot, it's definitely this

But guilty pleasure, huh? I guess that would go to this one
It's just so good lol iirc I was even 5th in the world at some point for that song (It's 'Heaven' from Persona 4 that has been remixed and repurposed for the rhythm game)

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Quick question everyone.

Do you have a certain song from a game that is has a soft spot or you have a guilty pleasure for?

I'm worse.
I like Try, Try Again
I know, but Mewtwo getting called easy to play and too safe to be healthy for the metagame? Give me a break . . .

:150:
.... Seriously. How is the character with the worst overall endurance easy to play!? Not only is he almost as light and floaty as Jigglypuff, he's taller and has problems ledge snapping without using Teleport! Confusion is stupidly hard to time and you have to be a Top Level player to land Fair and Disable

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm worse.
I like Try, Try Again

.... Seriously. How is the character with the worst overall endurance easy to play!? Not only is he almost as light and floaty as Jigglypuff, he's taller and has problems ledge snapping without using Teleport! Confusion is stupidly hard to time and you have to be a Top Level player to land Fair and Disable
Pick Cloud, that's the easiest thing a M2 main can do.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
what are you even saying

fair has a lol range and comes out on frame 6. hitting with fair is easy and oos fair is gdlk

disable has more range than any of his ground moves

and i'm p sure rosalinda (and jigglypuff obv) has worse endurance than mewtwo

Last edited:
Top Bottom