• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Well, I made zero progress on my Gold in Smash 4 through spectating. But I did get several Crazy Order tickets and two new songs. :yeahboi:

Also, I swear to god for Crazy Orders, I always seem to do the best with Zelda. :V

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I freaking love my new phone wallpaper! :)

Context: http://smashboards.com/threads/zeld...ollaboration-2.344739/page-2869#post-21285190.

Anyway, I'm beginning to feel like Smash 4 homogenized a lot of the cast to the detriment of them and at the cost of really cool things. No, this isn't just another Falco thing even though it does involve him, well, his Nair, Uair, and Dair. There's Ganondorf; I really miss his patched Nair that connected a strong hit to a weak hit -- this is Ganondorf we're talking about, so "weak" is relative to him --, Roy's Dair being just an Ike Dair with sour-spots instead of a could have been re-tuned Melee Roy Dair for some weird interactions, the boatload of generic Dair spikes, and a lot of characters having D-throw setups. I mean, why not have Ganondorf's Nair work like that? His didn't connect Nair which he had in Melee, Brawl, and launch Smash 4 was pretty unique too. Why make it basically a stronger Captain Falcon Nair? Why not have Falco's Nair not actually guarantee a connection and have low landing lag like in Brawl making it like Melee Falco and Melee Fox's (L-canceled) Fair and Samus's Uair? Why cause it to overlap with Fair and make it pretty much a Zelda Nair that almost power creeped because apparently dropping its 22 frames of landing lag to 19 was fair enough? Thankfully, that was addressed in 1.1.5. Why give Falco a Captain Falcon, Mario, and ZSS-like Uair when his is front flip and he already used it differently or give Roy Ike's Dair when maybe he could have kept his Melee Dair that hit front to back to complement Smash 4's change to Marth's Dair hitting back to front? Why not have more Dairs be different instead of a majority being slow spikes? Hey, it would have made Bayonetta having a dive kick less of a problem if more characters had dive kicks to pressure below them.

The question of why... Why? :p

like a third of the Zelda Social and every Peach main.
And pirates! Don't forget about pirates! They sure love their booty.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Alright gurls, someone will likely answer this soon.
I was playing Zelda on Miiverse Stage today and a giant BAN*ZELDA came up (They even put a dot to separate the words). Who did it?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apparently, the inevitable has happened to Street Fighter V: swimsuit DLC.

Oh, and Balrog has a costume that screams one thing for me: Pierce from Saints Row.
Costume.

Pierce.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I freaking love my new phone wallpaper! :)

Context: http://smashboards.com/threads/zeld...ollaboration-2.344739/page-2869#post-21285190.

Anyway, I'm beginning to feel like Smash 4 homogenized a lot of the cast to the detriment of them and at the cost of really cool things. No, this isn't just another Falco thing even though it does involve him, well, his Nair, Uair, and Dair. There's Ganondorf; I really miss his patched Nair that connected a strong hit to a weak hit -- this is Ganondorf we're talking about, so "weak" is relative to him --, Roy's Dair being just an Ike Dair with sour-spots instead of a could have been re-tuned Melee Roy Dair for some weird interactions, the boatload of generic Dair spikes, and a lot of characters having D-throw setups. I mean, why not have Ganondorf's Nair work like that? His didn't connect Nair which he had in Melee, Brawl, and launch Smash 4 was pretty unique too. Why make it basically a stronger Captain Falcon Nair? Why not have Falco's Nair not actually guarantee a connection and have low landing lag like in Brawl making it like Melee Falco and Melee Fox's (L-canceled) Fair and Samus's Uair? Why cause it to overlap with Fair and make it pretty much a Zelda Nair that almost power creeped because apparently dropping its 22 frames of landing lag to 19 was fair enough? Thankfully, that was addressed in 1.1.5. Why give Falco a Captain Falcon, Mario, and ZSS-like Uair when his is front flip and he already used it differently or give Roy Ike's Dair when maybe he could have kept his Melee Dair that hit front to back to complement Smash 4's change to Marth's Dair hitting back to front? Why not have more Dairs be different instead of a majority being slow spikes? Hey, it would have made Bayonetta having a dive kick less of a problem if more characters had dive kicks to pressure below them.

The question of why... Why? :p

And pirates! Don't forget about pirates! They sure love their booty.
I'm feeling that way too. Some characters do feel like lesser versions of other characters. Why play Ganondorf when Ryu is better at being Ganondorf than Ganondorf.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Street Fighter should have the yarn aesthetic like Yoshi's Woolly World agreed

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's not like street fighter has an attractive art style anyway. :ohwell:
Compared to Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter V looks much better. Art styles are still subjective...

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I don't really get the homogenization thing, but I do think Smash 4 characters generally feel on the weak side. I get that they wanted power levels a bit lower for easier balance but I'd rather everyone feel stronger. Although I'm glad there's no more chaingrabs, the solution to it was awkward.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't really get the homogenization thing, but I do think Smash 4 characters generally feel on the weak side. I get that they wanted power levels a bit lower for easier balance but I'd rather everyone feel stronger. Although I'm glad there's no more chaingrabs, the solution to it was awkward.
I meant more about some moves being made less unique like who has a multi-hit that starts with a strong hit and ends with a weak hit? Nobody now that Ganondorf lost that. I should have said some, but I didn't because of the whole almost every Dair is a generic slow spike.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
karin's bikini looks absolutely awful

juri's new design is awesome and urien's face looks ****ed up

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm not the type to get salty but Overwatch is really annoying me recently because I always seem to get the incompetent teams while the enemies are far better coordinated.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Alright gurls, someone will likely answer this soon.
I was playing Zelda on Miiverse Stage today and a giant BAN*ZELDA came up (They even put a dot to separate the words). Who did it?
So I just checked her Miiverse page and found 2 BAN•ZELDA posts, here and here.
Neither of them were posted by anyone here and that does happen sometimes (most of the time actually), it's just random people joining the path of enlightenment banning Zelda.
I found this months ago for another example:
I WENT IN TO THE ZELDA MIIVERSE COMMUNITY. THIS IS THE FIRST THING I SEE:

OUR MESSAGE HAS SPREAD, WE MUST TAKE ACTION AND BAN•ZELDA IMMEDIATELY.

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
So I just checked her Miiverse page and found 2 BAN•ZELDA posts, here and here.
Neither of them were posted by anyone here and that does happen sometimes (most of the time actually), it's just random people joining the path of enlightenment banning Zelda.
I found this months ago for another example:
EODM07 EODM07 is apparently in cahoots with the second poster. That gorl is such an amazing prophet.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I was rewatching a replay of mine on Miiverse, and right when I reappeared to finish a beautiful rage elevator, a BAN•ZELDA image appeared behind me.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
He's at the cusp, just needs something to take him to the next level. Theme Songs are typically good for that sort of thing.

It's alright. Their tears are what gives Dabeard his strength.

10/10 for the sexiest thing ever
the Luma ofc
:secretkpop:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Maybe I'll give Overwatch a shot tomorrow. My computer sucks but this place I go to for tournaments has computers set up. May as well see what the fuss is all about.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm not the type to get salty but Overwatch is really annoying me recently because I always seem to get the incompetent teams while the enemies are far better coordinated.
Try playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 3. Team-based games. Half the team I'm on are snipers camping way back at the base miles away from objectives and I'm sitting here wondering why they're playing BF when they could be playing CoD or some other deathmatch game... Ugh...

On another note, today I learned that Silent Hill was inspired by Jacob's Ladder.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And... someone's saying Sheik's Needle Storm are a bad projectile and zoning tool in the CCI thread... that it's doing too little damage to make someone want to approach as they're getting pelted and dealing with Needle Storm's stupidly high knockback and that Cloud's damage-less Limit Break Charge is a better approach... Okay, different moves, what the hell? ... Why do I even bother trying to explain to people how projectiles and zoning works in fighting games... Also, I find it a bit amusing the guy with the Cactuar avatar, the green prick(ly cactus), is talking about needles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom