• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Its just newspapers. Since I got roped into this about 3 - 4 years ago because my Mother wanted to do this to thank the Manager of the Newsagents in my hometown for helping my sister and taking care of her when she worked there.
Hold on, your sister should be doing the work then... is she too young?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've now finished Episode 11 of Sakamoto Desu Ga?, Episode 13 of Ace Attorney and the finale of My Hero Academia S1.

Sakamoto's 11th Episode was a bit slow, and had a bit more of a focus on Atsuhi/Acchan. And it won't be till October before we get the final episode. So it's going to be a while. :V
But I'm still enjoying Sakamoto. It still gets a :4bayonetta: out of one.

Ace Attorney's was an original episode. More focused on how Wright, Edgeworth and Larry were like during their childhood. They even find an abandoned dog which I assume is Missile before he joined the Police Force. One gripe I have noticed with this episode is when Franziska von Karma is introduced, she's looks like the incorrect age. When Wright & Friends were in 2nd Grade, Franziska was 2 years old. But she looks older in this episode. I'm guessing the anime will change Franziska's age to be that she's older.

Still, it's an okay episode. But now were onto the Justice For All episodes now. They've jumped over the first episode of Justice For All though. So no episode of Wright having amnesia. :V (:4zelda::4zelda:s out 5.)

My Hero Academia was awesome. And it's great to hear that it's getting a 2nd Season too. It'll give BONES plenty of time to wait for the other arcs in the Manga to be adapted. Also, I'm kinda of curious; will we get an OVA where we'll actually see what Tooru looks like visible? Just curious.

And I just finished the KonoSuba OVA. It was fun, but be warned. It's mostly fanservice during the OVA. If you don't like fanservice, I'd say skip this OVA and wait for the 2nd Season to come out.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I
I'm biased, but I love Devil Survivor 2:Record Breaker. I recommend it.
While I'm here, could someone please make the background to my avi transparent? Thanks in advance.
I already played and beaten both the Septemtrium and Triangulum missions and got the best ending for both

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
The tournament stream I'm going to is twitch.tv/rvaforge in case anyone wanted to watch lol

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Its just newspapers. Since I got roped into this about 3 - 4 years ago because my Mother wanted to do this to thank the Manager of the Newsagents in my hometown for helping my sister and taking care of her when she worked there.
So... Is that what you mean every morning when you say "made my rounds"? I guess I never paid attention to what that could actually mean.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I decided to buy some grape faygo on a whim today

now I know what regret tastes like

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
The tournament stream I'm going to is twitch.tv/rvaforge in case anyone wanted to watch lol
Speaking of that I dunno if I should go or not today. Like I've got the time but I'm not sure if I'll make it since I know they open at noon.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Someone is saying Marth is a poorly designed and boring character in Smash 4 in the CCI thread... Why do I look into that hellhole, again?

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Won my first match against a pac/Bayonetta with Zelda 2-0. Think I'm gonna solo zelda

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
The stream for Smash 4 has ended and Melee elitists started screaming that Smash 4 is trash and they want Melee, so I left quickly. Anyway, my thoughts.
ZeRo can no longer be considered the best player in Smash 4. It's silly. Larry 3-0ed him, RIP. I was very hyped when Dabuz pulled out Olimar, great stuff. Also, he's probably the best right now. Hyuga has been performing absolutely astounding, he might be considered a top 10 player if this continues. Abadango has been the man he is, doing great overall. I'm a big fanboy of Hyuga, but I'm not so blind as to not notice that he is in trouble when he beats False, as the road upwards is terrifying. Need to relax now.. CEO has been taking more breaths than a tree

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It wasn't just Sm4sh, during Guilty Gear top 8 last night there was a bunch of WHEN'S MELEE crying. I think the chat was disabled altogether during grands, I know chat was disabled for pokken for sure too. Also heard various things about this actually being a problem at the event as well, not just twitch chat being twitch chat.

Pretty disgusting tbh.

Xrd was pretty hype tho.

And Sm4sh has been super hype oh my god.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Lemme check the results.

*Sees ZeRo got 9th*

Oh... Oh my... He's been dethroned!... Well, even though he was already dethroned a while ago. So Top 8 is later today, or tomorrow?

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
It wasn't just Sm4sh, during Guilty Gear top 8 last night there was a bunch of WHEN'S MELEE crying. I think the chat was disabled altogether during grands, I know chat was disabled for pokken for sure too. Also heard various things about this actually being a problem at the event as well, not just twitch chat being twitch chat.

Pretty disgusting tbh.

Xrd was pretty hype tho.

I was absolutely appalled by that chat.
They put a slow mode in chat for 2 minutes between comments, and even that wasn't enough to calm them down.
Don't even get me started on the elitist-fueled "Melee" chants after GG's grand finals.
It was probably a mistake for vgbootcamp to host the Guilty Gear stream.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I always disliked how insular Smash players are. Very rarely do players of different smash games play the other ones, let alone other fighting games. Most fighting game players I know play at least 2 different games.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord

Pretty disgusting tbh.

Xrd was pretty hype tho.

Actually, GG was worse. This was just normal melee elitist stuff, GG was disgusting. I don't think any gaming fanbase has a worse rep than Melees right now. It makes people go "OMG MELEE FANBASE IS CANCER" when there is plenty of lovely people. Poor Melee fans. And yes, Smash 4 has been insane.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Pretty disgusting tbh.

Xrd was pretty hype tho.

That is just really pathetic. They're complaining because they're not getting to watch a game they wanna see? Well, they need to get over it and stop acting like spoiled children.

This is probably the main reason why I don't watch Melee Tournament matches anymore. Poor attitudes like that. And that I usually watch the tournament matches AFTER the tournament has finished.

later today, I believe on http://twitch.tv/ceogaming after Mortal Kombat top 8 ends.

...speaking of there's people spamming WHEN'S SMASH? in that chat too
Ah okay, thanks for the confirmation Lavani. :yeahboi:
So I'm guessing we got Hyuga, Dabuz, Abadango, False, ANTi, Mr R, Larry Lurr and Zinoto.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Abadango or Hyuga take the tournament.

I always disliked how insular Smash players are. Very rarely do players of different smash games play the other ones, let alone other fighting games. Most fighting game players I know play at least 2 different games.
Same here. I'm planning on getting Melty Blood once the Netcode gets fixed soon. If the netcode fix didn't really fix anything, I can always jump onto Under Night in-Birth instead; since I'm very interested in that one, especially with using Sion/Eltnum.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I always wanted to try melty and unib myself. As a fan of both Arcade Systems Works and Capcom games, I can see myself liking those. I be in Revelator grind right now and wanna try Ibuki in SFV in the end of the month, so melty gotta wait for now.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
HARDEST READS EVER

I made a bet with my buddies that ZeRo would not make top 8 today.

And got Mr. R, ANTi, Larry, Dabuz, Abadango and Zinoto in top 8. Got myself some free cash~ :^)

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
smash players want validation and they don't like the fgc for excluding them (although this isn't as big a problem as it was three years ago)

in order to find validation, some melee players push their dumbass circlejerk about how their game is The Best and The Hardest. then stuff like this happens.

as for in-community elitism you can just summarize that with "melee is marvel 2/third strike for white people"

they don't play traditional fighters because of unfamiliarity, mostly. ive legit seen people who play smash 4 who think that ryu having inputs is stupid/too hard/whatever.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I played some wifi today vs a CO player. Good connections feel soooooo much better :awesome:

I wonder if ZeRo is just having an off-day? Only time will tell.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I always wanted to try melty and unib myself. As a fan of both Arcade Systems Works and Capcom games, I can see myself liking those. I be in Revelator grind right now and wanna try Ibuki in SFV in the end of the month, so melty gotta wait for now.
Haven't played recent Melty games, but I did play Act Cadenza like...9 years ago lol. I didn't have a good mindset for learning fighting games back then though, and there wasn't any one character that really jumped out at me so I didn't stick with it. It was babby's first fightan with combos longer than 10 attacks though, so I'd like to think it taught me a bit about execution if nothing else.

UNiB was an awkward case where I was super hype for it when it was initially released in Japan, but all that hype fizzled out by the time it made its way over here (and I guess it still technically hasn't, Steam release is late July though?). Also lost a good bit of interest when I found out Vatista's a charge character (nnnnnnnnnnnno), but I'd probably be alright with Hilda/Carmine too so I guess it's not a big deal if I do pick it up at some point.

as for in-community elitism you can just summarize that with "melee is marvel 2/third strike for white people"
this cracked me up more than it should've

ive legit seen people who play smash 4 who think that ryu having inputs is stupid/too hard/whatever.
oh hey I have a quote for this:

If Ryu's Shoryuken has no landing lag, imagine having the fingers to perfectly time five consecutive Shoryukens in a row. The perfectly inputted ones, that is.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I played some wifi today vs a CO player. Good connections feel soooooo much better :awesome:

I wonder if ZeRo is just having an off-day? Only time will tell.
I'm amazed finding myself say this.. but no. ZeRo has been performing (By top player standards) terribly recently. 9th? Really? He got 3-0ed by Larry Lurr. Now Lurr is an amazing player, but he's no Dabuz, old Nairo or old Mr.R. The idea of him winning is surprising. The idea of him 3-0ing is insane, yet he pulled it off. I'd go as far to say Nakat could beat him, but maybe that's too much. People have caught up to ZeRo and it's hurting him. There used to be days that people said Dabuz would get bodied by ZeRo. It's completely turned around. I think ZeRo is Ken 2.0.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm amazed finding myself say this.. but no. ZeRo has been performing (By top player standards) terribly recently. 9th? Really? He got 3-0ed by Larry Lurr. Now Lurr is an amazing player, but he's no Dabuz, old Nairo or old Mr.R. The idea of him winning is surprising. The idea of him 3-0ing is insane, yet he pulled it off. I'd go as far to say Nakat could beat him, but maybe that's too much. People have caught up to ZeRo and it's hurting him. There used to be days that people said Dabuz would get bodied by ZeRo. It's completely turned around. I think ZeRo is Ken 2.0.
Don't forget that Prince Ramen was the one to send him to Losers as well. With Palutena of all characters.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Speaking of Melty, I remember having trouble finding a character I really, really wanted to play. I remember I used Akiha in the original, but ended up switching to Crescent Aoko in Current Code. I've actually dabbled a bit in a decent number of these kinds of games but never have anyone to play with. Same deal with Ougon Cross. I'm tempted to go to a fighting game place and just bring a bunch of rarely played games for the hell of it. Plus I'd finally get to see people play this masterpiece.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
NAKAT beating ZeRo? Nah, that won't be happening for a long time. Definitely not at the same skill level yet.

and honestly ZeRo has not been doing terrible as of late. Got a lot of 2nd places and that one 1st place. The fact that he got 9th today is a slight deviation from the norm, but it shows he is mortal. But more important, people are GETTING BETTER.

Kids it's not surprising now that people have grown and gotten better at the game. So it's not the end of the world if ZeRo does slightly bad in one tournament.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I ******* hate stream chats. Does not matter what game, what streamer, whatever. They're ******* horrible. Like a drone of blithering, attention-starved idiots. At least YouTube comments can be somewhat funny because of how stupid they are. If only there was a way to disable chat and not hide it as both a streamer and a watcher...

For Smash's community... Or rather, for any community, I've settled on that all communities are ****. It's just the individuals you meet who are awesome. Just takes some digging around to find those awesome people, but at the same time, you're going to have to wade through a sea of toxic waste. Every community is terrible and the longer you're a part of one, the more you see their terribleness. Doesn't help that it spreads quicker because of social media or whatever.

Part of me wants to be a complete ******* to everyone online if I ever become a notable Smash player because of all this. Just out of pure spite and hatred not trash talking like Ally, trolling like Angel Cortes or Leffen, or arrogance; just a big middle finger to everyone. Offline, in more formal situations, and maybe -- depends if I don't become even more curmudgeonly -- another game like Street Fighter, just regular, old me. Looking around, stream chats, communities, CCI, whatever, Dizzee Rascal's Sittin Here really speaks to me right now. Same old stories going around and around and I'm sitting here getting madder and madder.

Edit: On a brighter note... WHY WAS THIS NOT A THING!?

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
So I got 1-2 in tournament, mostly because a friend and I met in losers and we decided to goof around lol

Still, I got on stream for the first time so that's pretty cool

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
You know, I knew Hyuga wasn't going to win the tournament, but his placement showed that Tink is an amazing character.22nd my ass. Holy crap, 5th! And to add the cherry to the cake, of all the players, Zintonio is the one I wanted to beat him. Everything seems to be working in my favor today.

Rizen

Smash Legend
You know, I knew Hyuga wasn't going to win the tournament, but his placement showed that Tink is an amazing character.22nd my ***. Holy crap, 5th! And to add the cherry to the cake, of all the players, Zintonio is the one I wanted to beat him. Everything seems to be working in my favor today.
Go buy a lotto ticket :smirk:

Top Bottom