• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
To be honest, after labbing it out, I don't think Greninja is a good character. I decided to mess around with his move angles to find out how DI works against him and a lot of his "combos" don't connect properly on a majority of the cast. The biggest example is his footstool combos, most characters have enough drift to evade the down aerial before it even lands, taking away one of his biggest tools. It's also possible to SDI his U-Smash so it functions like a Battlefield platform, making the second hit miss entirely. The same thing can be done to escape his U-Air before it finishes, and also avoids the semi-spike.

His frame data is pretty subpar, too. A lot of his moves aren't actually safe on shield unless perfectly spaced, which is hard to do because "perfectly spaced" for Greninja actually suffers from some Z-Axis issues on a couple moves (F-Air, B-Air, F-Tilt, etc). As already known, his OoS options and standing grab are atrocious, too, so he can't really utilize one of the best options in Smash 4 either.

I'm not entirely sure why this character is considered good at all.
Hi Reserved

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
nah I just wanted that one post, I like how Trifroze replied to it in a full page despite being filled with bs lol

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I did check when my next module comes up.

It's a day after the deadline for my current one. :V
Buuuut I'll be taking the weekend off and Monday. So at least I can get Fire Emblem Fates as a reward for my hard work. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I love how Machiato dropped Zelda for the one character that might be worse than Zelda lol

:150:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
In light of that new Beefy Smash Doods video about footstools, are there any optimal uses of footstooling for Zelda?

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
In light of that new Beefy Smash Doods video about footstools, are there any optimal uses of footstooling for Zelda?
Sour spot dair>footstool is easily the best way to kill someone offstage, because you'll never hit the sweet spot.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I just had my first recess since elementary school
I'm literally dying how the **** do kids do it

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Footstool>Farore's down is a thing. And the Dair>Footstool is always a killer. Our real reward is from Jab resetting after a footstool. It gives you time to either position yourself for more combos (back Utilt, falling Nair) or hit them with something strong (charged Smashes, Kicks, Elevator)

Setting up a good footstool situation is kinda hard as Zelda. Only setups I can think of are Dthrow, Utilt, and Jab at low %s.

Hmm I might try going for more footstools now...the options from it sound fun.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
the kirby post was hilarious good job @Lavani

this is an actual legit post from my region's FB smash group about yesterday's tournament

"To the guy who was in my friends pool b3 (I think you're name was TheNishyo) I just want to apologize on behalf of my friend for that cancerous Bayonetta combo he landed on you right after you SD as cloud. It made you leave the room and get incredibly salty about Bayo being in the game. Once he again he apologizes about it but thats what $5.99 gets you. Some salt."

ayy lmao
something something sorry for zelda over-b spam

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I got the AI doing some silly stuff in Xenoblade X. :secretkpop:

I'm standing a tiny ledge in NLA in the Administrative District, and I got Elma and Lin running against the wall, and Doug is just walking in circles.

Dammit guys! I'm easy to reach! D:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Heya! It's been a while since I've last posted.

I've been craving smash lately, but I don't have any way to play until I get back to the States. Soon though! I'll be done with my au pair stay at the end of June, then my mom is coming to France and we're going to be annoying American tourists together for 9 days, before flying back to the US together.

Once I get back, I think I'm going to try to get back into shape for Smash and try entering a few online tournaments again.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
@Lavani

coming from Lavani herself
The problems of having a female avatar.

BTW I think Kirby's good but he's definitely not top 20. He's highly susceptible to being camped out and his recovery is iffy. He's a menace once he gets in but has trouble getting there.

Edit: should have read this thread first GG me

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I feel like I'm getting rather rusty from not playing Sm4sh for a while.

Once I've submitted my University Module, I'll probably ask around for some matches tomorrow. :V

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
I know how you mean. I feel like ever since picking up Zelda my gameplay becomes significantly worse after a few weeks of not playing. Its not like when I used to use :4luigi:and :4bowser: that the characters were so simple I hardly needed practice.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm bored, it's been raining all day. I've got Arwen in one arm and have nothing to do but look at youtube.

Top Bottom