• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Well you could try to fade back if you know he has his double jump.

But of course, this works particular well if the opponent already burned his double jump. For example you knocked him in the air with a dthrow and he double jumps to escape. Another scenario is when the opponent does a ledge jump back on stage.
What happens if they fade back when you fade back?

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
What happens if they fade back when you fade back?
I guess this isn't fool proof, but may be worth trying as a mixup. You could try spacing yourself so that they'd still get hit by phantom 3 if they fade back (which is pretty easily to hit with)

I've found this trick to work a lot on unsuspecting opponents.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Why am I still in this argument with the kid on YouTube.
"Link's Combo 4 is faster than Toon Link's!"
*Checks frame data for move*
*Toon Link's Combo 4 is faster by 10 frames*
*Because HW always has a bit of lag it would probably be closer to something like 12 frames faster if it was 60fps*
*Proceeds to repeatedly slam face into desk*

idk, maybe it's fun trying to make salty people saltier by proving their baseless claims wrong with actual facts.

Edit: Acually Link's weak string is faster than Toon Link's.
By 1 frame.
oh noes link is faster than toon link there goes my entire argument

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So I got 2nd place in the tournament once more, this time losing to a Toon Link who I went 2-3 with in a last stock last hit situation (although I went Lucas because he was doing mean things to my Greninja) after I reseted the bracket but on the other hand I bested Sonic this time.

Plus I got a Zelda amiibo out of it. Now I only need to get Lucas' in order to get all the character I play Smash with on my shelf.

Rip TP HD and Wolf Link amiibo though, so close and yet so far.

I didn't trust the frog and was punished for my sins

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
So I got 2nd place in the tournament once more, this time losing to a Toon Link who I went 2-3 with in a last stock last hit situation (although I went Lucas because he was doing mean things to my Greninja) after I reseted the bracket but on the other hand I bested Sonic this time.

Plus I got a Zelda amiibo out of it. Now I only need to get Lucas' in order to get all the character I play Smash with on my shelf.

Rip TP HD and Wolf Link amiibo though, so close and yet so far.

I didn't trust the frog and was punished for my sins
Good stuff, 2nd or otherwise, and grats on the Zelda amiibo. Is this TL the same player that uses Sonic, or a different guy? I think I seen you have some matches against a TL before when I was organizing videos. Hope you got some matches later to share for stuff.

ElderLolz ElderLolz Your avi is full of win

Eff TL btw...

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Good stuff, 2nd or otherwise, and grats on the Zelda amiibo. Is this TL the same player that uses Sonic, or a different guy? I think I seen you have some matches against a TL before when I was organizing videos. Hope you got some matches later to share for stuff.

ElderLolz ElderLolz Your avi is full of win

Eff TL btw...
Nope, that player didn't go this time. I went against another Sonic on Losers Finals and won 3-2 though, he's a little worse than the other one but he's still pretty good.

You still gave it a like. ;)
I mean predictable doesn't mean bad

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
He did so of his own free will.

He is a devout follower of our Sass Queen, after all :secretkpop:

Join us, and our Sass Queen will also show you the Brokeness of Zelda!

You can finally be awoken, like Kurogane. You can finally see the truth.

:150:
I prefer to worship myself!
Who dis

excuse yew but Kuro once told me he liked our trashy in-joke ty.
I am Rocket Raccoon! The greatest raccoon to ever live!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
old gif is old

but jigglypuff approaching by dashing is the first sign that that was an fg match

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
Okay so which one of you pricks got @KuroganeHammer to say Ban Zelda?
Seeing as how you were reading the chat, I decided to put BAN ZELDA for laughs. I needed an expert to expose her broken moveset to a large range of people. I didn't expect you to actually read it though. Mfw:
image.png

I liked the commentary though. I actually had forgotten that I typed that into chat, oops.

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
I spent my weekend restarting Persona 3 FES, and so I got a new avatar and a cool new signature dedicated to Elizabeth, the best Velvet Room attendant imo.
I also played Splatoon, surprised to see Fancy have more participants and wins (I chose it since I thought it would have less players). As wise gentlemen once said,
image.gif

"Fancy living, here we come! La la la la la!"

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Greninja almost beats Diantha but plot armour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skl_HCLhykY

I spent my weekend restarting Persona 3 FES, and so I got a new avatar and a cool new signature dedicated to Elizabeth, the best Velvet Room attendant imo.
I also played Splatoon, surprised to see Fancy have more participants and wins (I chose it since I thought it would have less players). As wise gentlemen once said,
View attachment 106913
"Fancy living, here we come! La la la la la!"
Oh god no Margaret is 100x better.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I have to say, while getting 2nd place isn't bad, the fact that every tournament I've gone to except for one I've gotten 2nd is getting pretty frustrating, always so close yet not quite.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
this is an actual legit post from my region's FB smash group about yesterday's tournament

"To the guy who was in my friends pool b3 (I think you're name was TheNishyo) I just want to apologize on behalf of my friend for that cancerous Bayonetta combo he landed on you right after you SD as cloud. It made you leave the room and get incredibly salty about Bayo being in the game. Once he again he apologizes about it but thats what $5.99 gets you. Some salt."

ayy lmao

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I have to say, while getting 2nd place isn't bad, the fact that every tournament I've gone to except for one I've gotten 2nd is getting pretty frustrating, always so close yet not quite.
Might help if you had some consistent offline practice in friendlies vs those decent players. The drawback is that they'll get to know more and more of your playstyle, so you'll need some cards to hide under your sleeve.

Maybe tourney nerves still get to you as well, as I imagine it's a lot of pressure particularly in grand finals. Or have you gotten past tourney nerves?

Alacion Alacion Youtube blocked that link cause apparently it had music from something lol. Also, can we talk about Ash's crazed face here? I swear, this never-aging kid is gonna have a stroke one of these days.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Might help if you had some consistent offline practice in friendlies vs those decent players. The drawback is that they'll get to know more and more of your playstyle, so you'll need some cards to hide under your sleeve.

Maybe tourney nerves still get to you as well, as I imagine it's a lot of pressure particularly in grand finals. Or have you gotten past tourney nerves?

Alacion Alacion Youtube blocked that link cause apparently it had music from something lol. Also, can we talk about Ash's crazed face here? I swear, this never-aging kid is gonna have a stroke one of these days.

Nah I'm past the tournament nerves part. I can deal with pressure although obviously some of the more intense parts still get me a little.

To be fair in the first one I went to I lost because of MU inexperience, then I won the second, lost in a bad MU in the third and now I just barely lost.

I don't think I'm lacking in practice exactly, it's just that, well, you don't always win.

But getting 2nd almost every time is still a bit disheartening lol

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
To be honest, after labbing it out, I don't think Greninja is a good character. I decided to mess around with his move angles to find out how DI works against him and a lot of his "combos" don't connect properly on a majority of the cast. The biggest example is his footstool combos, most characters have enough drift to evade the down aerial before it even lands, taking away one of his biggest tools. It's also possible to SDI his U-Smash so it functions like a Battlefield platform, making the second hit miss entirely. The same thing can be done to escape his U-Air before it finishes, and also avoids the semi-spike.

His frame data is pretty subpar, too. A lot of his moves aren't actually safe on shield unless perfectly spaced, which is hard to do because "perfectly spaced" for Greninja actually suffers from some Z-Axis issues on a couple moves (F-Air, B-Air, F-Tilt, etc). As already known, his OoS options and standing grab are atrocious, too, so he can't really utilize one of the best options in Smash 4 either.

I'm not entirely sure why this character is considered good at all.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay so Virtue and I were in Ace's stream and we were about to battle each other, I just had to beat this Mewtwo player. But we ended up tying perfectly (according to the game rules of "whoever dealt more damage wins" or whatever they are) but...
2016-05-16 00.58.17.jpg
We both took and dealt 218% to each other. But the Mewtwo won. .-. We agreed on it's probably whoever loses their first stock first loses (since I did lose mine first) but WHY Nintendo. A sudden death would've been fine, but it just went straight to "nope u lost."
Now that I think about it, I should've been the winner because I can heal myself, so wouldn't that mean I took less damage in a way? idk just avoid tourney mode it sucks.
And these tags are both trash why do I still use BAN•ZELDA

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Am I allowed to post more self made stuff in here

Because I'm pretty proud of the wallpaper I made for the thumbnail of my video so I wanted to share a ~high quality~ version with fellow Zelda mains

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Nearly finished everything for my Uni assignment. Just got to submit it and write an evaluation on it as well. :yeahboi:
Plus, I'll be having my meeting with my TA later today as well, about an hour later than I usually do. But it'll be good, since he probably booked it like that so that way, I can get everything done before this Friday.

Also, I've been taking miiverse screenshots of my Avatar in Xenoblade X either being sassy? or regreting something. :secretkpop:

"You ordered one avatar protagonist, right Elma? :3"

"I got this cat just for Elma... at least Tatsu will have some competition, right Lin?"

Top Bottom