• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
i would

if it weren't on a different island
I was going to make a smart alec comment about how there are these vehicles called boats and planes that can take you to other islands but nah, I understand not travelling.

Don't know much about the Philippines though. How long would it take you to get from where you are to the venue?

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I was going to make a smart alec comment about how there are these vehicles called boats and planes that can take you to other islands but nah, I understand not travelling.

Don't know much about the Philippines though. How long would it take you to get from where you are to the venue?
1 trip.

i honestly don't know but i'm p.sure that iloilo is really REALLY far (~20 hours). i'm not really into going out of my home town for tournaments unless i feel like it

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It should be a law that every time a Corrin players wins a match in tournament, they are obligated to say, "gud" with as little emotion as possible, followed by the most apathetic dragon screech possible.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
It should be a law that every time a Corrin players wins a match in tournament, they are obligated to say, "gud" with as little emotion as possible, followed by the most apathetic dragon screech possible.
you mean AIEEEE WIIIIEEEEEENNNNNNN

fun fact

corrin's throws apparently have tippers. powerful tippers
i can confirm, some guy in doubles died trying to save his partner from corrin's bthrow at 100% on saturday

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Tuna's dthrow>uair can be DIed out of (same with dthrow>nair)

iirc the only thing guaranteed out of ha dthrow is fair (and i'm p sure it's only at lower percents, too)

Tuna really has to fish for kills against players who know what they're doing

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I do this anyways, even when playing online.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I think Palutena has exactly enough of what you need to be a good character, and not one ounce of anything more.

Good enough jump, good enough mobility, a good dash attack, a throw combo, 2 approaches you can mix up into rock paper scissors, some ability to edge-guard, a kill throw, and a projectile that would be the worst in the game if Din's Fire wasn't so OP.

She also has a heap of moves that are unusable or more harmful to her than to her opponent.

iirc the only thing guaranteed out of ha dthrow is fair (and i'm p sure it's only at lower percents, too)

Palunamatata's d-throw to fair is guaranteed basically forever even if you DI out.

I feel like I'm getting rather rusty from not playing Sm4sh for a while.

Once I've submitted my University Module, I'll probably ask around for some matches tomorrow. :V
We need to Lucina ditto. I have to steal your fresh and funky moves for my database.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

I'd have to ask him myself but apparently Prince Ramen said that DThrow to UAir works on most characters even with DI. It's just very rage/percent specific.

She's largely good because FAir and BAir are fantastic moves.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Palutena is weird. It's probably not the best comparison, but she slightly reminds me of Brawl Ike on the ground. Great jab, but most of her other grounded moves are horrific. At least her air game is pretty nice.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
She reminds me of Melee Zelda because she has like 3 good moves :^)

exaggerating please dont burn me palu mains

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to ask him myself but apparently Prince Ramen said that DThrow to UAir works on most characters even with DI. It's just very rage/percent specific.

She's largely good because FAir and BAir are fantastic moves.
I'm almost positive it does. There's a really good Pally at my local scene, and he gets all kind of kills with it. Sometimes it doesn't work, it works too often at kill percents for it to not have a window.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
GGs Virtue Virtue !

I swear every Zelda main is really good and will stomp characters without a solid gameplan lol. I really want to make my Gunner good. My best character is definitely Game & Watch but I hope I was able to give you some good games.

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
GGs Virtue Virtue !

I swear every Zelda main is really good and will stomp characters without a solid gameplan lol. I really want to make my Gunner good. My best character is definitely Game & Watch but I hope I was able to give you some good games.
Ggs, that was a ton of fun! I honestly have no idea how to fight Game and Watch and Mii Gunner, I need experience on like half of the cast. I really liked your Mr. Game and Watch, he was a terror.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Ggs, that was a ton of fun! I honestly have no idea how to fight Game and Watch and Mii Gunner, I need experience on like half of the cast. I really liked your Mr. Game and Watch, he was a terror.
Thanks. I have a bad habit of using dash attack and FAir too much to approach and I'm trying to work on that.

For some reason I don't like camping with Mewtwo, it feels boring. Probably because he can get in some good damage when he gets going.

Nayru's love is really annoying.

Top Bottom