• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

krazySyko

Smash Cadet
actually i don't play for glory, i do use ladder though but i will go to xanadu at least once this summer i swear <3
If you can you should come to one of The Cave's weeklies (or monthlies) since it's much closer! I should try to make it out to Xanadu one of these days though too.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I don't get it

Is it a reference to how Azura is basically made of paper stat wise?
Nah just look at the wing parts, they are identical

Also they are equally beaut and dense :^)
Don't try and convince zelda's to appreciate their character (Trust me I've been trying for years). Especially since most of them have been bashing on her since brawl. It's a lost cause. Take it from me who takes the most heat from everyone for being positive about her, it isn't worth it. Even if you do convince them, it still does you no good in the end. And yes I'm being shady. I'm here to spill my tea.
Sorry gorl but

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Sorry gorl but
So...you're saying he ***** slapped the joke for trying to get all high and mighty over him?
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:
Stream has an anime sale going on, but I don't know anything about BB or GG besides neither of them are the Persona game I actually want.

SNK also has a KoF tournament at KSB2016 today. I'll let that decide if I'll keep looking at this game or not. The lack of Blue Mary hurts.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Steam has an anime sale going on, but I don't know anything about BB or GG besides neither of them are the Persona game I actually want.

SNK also has a KoF tournament at KSB2016 today. I'll let that decide if I'll keep looking at this game or not. The lack of Blue Mary hurts.
I saw the sale too. Most of them I'm not really interested in. If MBAACC had a sale during that, I'd be down for it. But then I remembered Melty Blood already had a sale last week.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
just got bopped by Keitaro's Falco on stream ripperonis

I'll upload the matches shortly they weren't pretty lmao

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
just got bopped by Keitaro's Falco on stream ripperonis

I'll upload the matches shortly they weren't pretty lmao
I'd actually like to practice against JTails. But I fear that the lag would be pretty bad, and that I'd get bopped myself.

But hey, you learn better from the losses. <3

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
The best name I've seen so far for Zelda NX/U is "The Legend of Zelda: Grimoire of the Goddesses". It was in reference to the Sheikah book thing Link has.

I like it a lot.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping the difficulty of the eventual game is closer to Skyward Sword level than the everything else. I really liked making the shield not be 100% safe like it always has been, as well as the fact that I would actually be low on hearts once in a while. Not saying Zelda needs to be a challenging game or that Skyward Sword was super hard, but I feel like Skyward Sword had the right balance.

Link could possibly learn the art of being a top tier from that sheikah book he has

There is hope for our Hyrule orphan

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm hoping the difficulty of the eventual game is closer to Skyward Sword level than the everything else. I really liked making the shield not be 100% safe like it always has been, as well as the fact that I would actually be low on hearts once in a while. Not saying Zelda needs to be a challenging game or that Skyward Sword was super hard, but I feel like Skyward Sword had the right balance.
I've never played Skyward, but I was under the impression that it was very easy.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've never played Skyward, but I was under the impression that it was very easy.
It was once you figured out shield bashing beats everything.
I'd like a more challenging Zelda game but it's not about having less hearts or taking more damage. Hard mode wasn't harder so much as less forgiving. Make the enemies more resourceful with better AI. The darknuts from TP and sword fighting mechanics from SS were a good start. LoZ games traditionally have 'puzzle' enemies more than 'skill based' enemies, ie beat a scrub by bouncing the nuts back, which was fine in the past. But now everyone knows the basic LoZ formula and the enemies need to be more resourceful. SS Deku babas are a good example of how enemies need to adapt. Give minor enemies more health and mix ups so they aren't brain dead cannon fodder.

My gripe about SS was that, despite having great sword mechanics, sword fighting was the only skill based fighting outside bosses. If an enemy required an item to beat, which was rare, it became an easy 'puzzle enemy' with a consistent solution (blow the spiky puffer fish, whip to grapple the phoenixes, run up the shield, etc). This meant the vast majority of small enemies were stupid little moblins because they had a sword to fight.
With TP, you could beat most enemies with a sword but did much better developing an item strategy. As examples, the goblins were weak to arrows and took more sword hits, dinofos were good sword fighters with strong arrow resistance but died easily from bombs or bomb arrows, keise (bats) were hard to hit but could be corralled with the gale boomerang, ice enemies took a lot of sword hits but were weak to impact weapons like the ball and chain, tectites (jumpy bugs) also were resistant to sword and arrows but died in 1 hit from bombs or ball and chain, Gibdos were tricky with the sword and ate a lot of bomb arrows but easy to beat by swinging the ball and chain near them, etc. But you could beat most enemies with any attack item, it just was less effective.

The next LoZ needs to take the good parts of both SS and TP while discarding the bad. The good for SS was: great sword fighting, bomb rolling and shield bashing controls, fast climbing and running with parkour, interacting with enviorments. The good from TP was Epona, really cool and multi-functional items, great aiming and arrows controls, huge areas and epic bosses, great use of lighting, an open overworld map.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
TP Epona was probably the worst mount in any game I've ever played

The controls were trash and she'd just fly off in random directions sometimes

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
TP Epona was probably the worst mount in any game I've ever played

The controls were trash and she'd just fly off in random directions sometimes
Funny thing is that the controls actually got worse in the HD remaster. Turning while moving became really awkward for some reason.

She controlled like a semi truck tbh

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Girls. I just tried to order my own Shade Spray.

They're out of stock.

Since our company is based in Australia and the source of our sassotonium is in Maine it takes a while to process it all and have it ready to be shipped across the World. We're a small company and we didn't expect such a huge demand for our product, that 12 cents we put towards advertising really paid off! Next week we should have plenty in stock and we are looking to expand and hire more people. Thanks for contacting support and please feel free to ask any more questions you have about the product :)

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Girls. I just tried to order my own Shade Spray.

They're out of stock.

Don't worry, as an ex - employee of KurroganeHammer.com , here's a home made recipe
  • 2 Quart's of freshly brewed Sass Tea
  • 5 Tablespoons of Babylonian Salt
  • 7 Liters of Flame
  • 1 drop of pure Hatred
  • 1 completely feathered raven (for bad luck :secretkpop: )
  • a pinch of cyanide
  • a full bottle of sulfuric acid

Put all of the ingredients in a large pot and boil it in a lava pit, preferably one in the depths of Hell. Set the Mixture out to cool, preferably in a place as cold as Spritzee's soul.

Have fun throwing shade gorl :secretkpop:

:150:

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Don't worry, here's a home made recipe
  • 2 Quart's of freshily brewed Sass Tea
  • 5 Taablespoons of Bablyonian Salt
  • 7 Liters of Flame
  • 1 drop of pure Hatred
  • 1 completely feathered raven (for bad luck :secretkpop: )
  • a pinch of cyanide
  • a full bottle of sulfuric acid

Put all of the ingredients in a large pot and boil it in a lava pit, preferably one in the depths of Hell. Set the Mixture out to cool, preferably in a place as cold as Spritzee's soul.

Have fun throwing shade gorl :secretkpop:

:150:
As a representative for KuroganeHammer.com I would like to point out that this individual does not speak for our company. Please be wary of anyone claiming to have this sort of information.

DinsFireIsOP

Smash Cadet
So I heard about Fairess 2-0ing a ZSS and I find it cool. Yes. A ZSS. You know, that annoying fighter spamming paralysing projectiles while being able to escape everything and with a Lucina-tier wig.

I hope it was recorded, that's typically the kind of video I'd like to see !

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
So I heard about Fairess 2-0ing a ZSS and I find it cool. Yes. A ZSS. You know, that annoying fighter spamming paralysing projectiles while being able to escape everything and with a Lucina-tier wig.

I hope it was recorded, that's typically the kind of video I'd like to see !
Not just any ZSS either. V115.
Here's the Twitch VOD, but the stream was lagging/being choppy quite a bit at points: https://www.twitch.tv/sskbros/v/63557500 at 25:30
Another great match vs a Meta Knight: https://www.twitch.tv/sskbros/v/63537334 at 1:07:00

Last edited:
Top Bottom