• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
All of the characters I play are equally s*** tbh

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I can attest to this.

Unless you count Speed equipment Rosalina who can uair you 9 times in a row.
Don't forget speed Peach who is literally the best character in the game.

Or that time I timed Ricky out with speed Jigglypuff

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

*almost timed out Ricky.

But then Ricky pulled a Ricky (well, not "A Ricky") and still beat you. None of us can beat Rickster, he's unstoppable.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Since we're talking about how comfortable we are with characters, I may as well post this.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle

He said this after facing @Fairess and saying she was probably the best Zelda in the world.

Following her going 2-0 a country's top 3 zss, fairess is helping lay down the ground work for zelda to get some recognition as viable.

With another decently strong patch no gorl can hide behind Sassy excuses about the character being the issue. I expect great results from us all :secretkpop:

Or at least the 2 odd players here who actually play and main zelda as well as actually take her to tourneys :secretkpop:

Edit: this just in.

LOVE YOU GORL

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I've been saying that Zelda is underrated for a while, but that doesn't change the fact that she's still bad. She has far too many issues in the neutral and relies too heavily on MU inexperience to do anything. Once people wake up and realize how to fight her, she'll fall off completely.

Once again, she is underrated and capable of some cool stuff, but that doesn't matter if she's still bottom 5.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
What do you think of the series so far? I've been mostly enjoying it, but I'm not quite sure if that's because it's actually good, or so corny and hammy I can't help but enjoy it :p (looking at you, Redd White. WHATCHA NAAAYYYYYYYYYYME) I'm a little disappointed about some of the parts they cut, like "they're both right" from the last episode, but I'm willing to accept most of them for the sake of pacing (it's maybe a little rushed overall, but not the worst), and I do like some of the changes and additions they've made, like Mia throwing the note at White instead of getting Phoenix to read it, and Maya's extra scenes like this:

Overall I'm mostly positive so far, it could have definitely turned out much worse.

(not even going to bother mentioning the animation quality, it's pretty much a unanimous verdict that it's not the best-looking show)
>Implying that the Ace Attorney series isn't hammy and corny anyway

LOL that Speed Peach, too good.

I should make some more jank equipment sets. Critical hit equipment is really dumb.

People find my Mewtwo scarier than my Greninja

I personally feel like mine are on equal standings

:150:
I'll be available to play later. Want to do some games now that you're feeling better?

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I've been saying that Zelda is underrated for a while, but that doesn't change the fact that she's still bad. She has far too many issues in the neutral and relies too heavily on MU inexperience to do anything. Once people wake up and realize how to fight her, she'll fall off completely.

Once again, she is underrated and capable of some cool stuff, but that doesn't matter if she's still bottom 5.
Sigh.

So, again, just like ven, we are going to invalidate a player and instead blame the opponent and a lack of mu experience.

Why does this board ALWAYS do this? Every God damn time.

He beat v115, Canada's best zss 2-0? Fluke. One of the best players in the world gives him props and feels zelda is underrated? Lmaoooo what an idiot, just shield.

Fairess didn't do anything. Just a one time thing. Got lucky. Anyone could do that.

Why is it so hard for this board to say something positive. "Wow good job fairess!" "How'd he beat zss, I wanna know." "Damn, I gotta practice and get on his level" "Even mr r feels she's underrated!"

But no. It's always "mu inexperience."

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Sigh.

So, again, just like ven, we are going to invalidate a player and instead blame the opponent and a lack of mu experience.

He beat v115, Canada's best zss 2-0? Fluke. One of the best players in the world gives him props and feels zelda is underrated? Lmaoooo what an idiot, just shield.

Fairess didn't do anything. Just a one time thing. Got lucky. Anyone could do that.
We think Zelda is bad. We think the people playing her are really good to be able to do well with limited tools compared to other characters. I fully believe Ven and Fairess would be successful no matter what character they were using. They have just chosen Zelda.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Sigh.

Why is it so hard for this board to say something positive. "Wow good job fairess!" "How'd he beat zss, I wanna know." "Damn, I gotta practice and get on his level" "Even mr r feels she's underrated!"

But no. It's always "mu inexperience."
Because Zelda Cultists like you come in here, talk down to us, act arrogant, then proceed to **** ride the good Zeldas while preaching nonsense like "Cloud is a good MU". Then you leave and trash talk us in your little Skype and Discord chats.

Attachments

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Because Zelda Cultists like you come in here, talk down to us, act arrogant, then proceed to **** ride the good Zeldas while preaching nonsense like "Cloud is a good MU". Then you leave and trash talk us in your little Skype and Discord chats.
I actually respect your opinion because you played zelda in tournament.

But even before the chat groups, the social was so hostile and belittling to anyone with a positive opinion. IE ven when he made pr.

It's just funny that almost everyone here is a wifi warrior that, at best, secondaries zelda every blue moon, but then they're all experts about what makes her good or strong, and how so and so zelda main is just in a weak region or only won under some circumstance, then try to invalidate top players opinions?

Like??? Most don't even go to tournaments let alone take zelda?? And for some I understand they live in a dead zone, but even then, most of them rarely actually main zelda.

That's why we talked like that when the Skype was originally made. We were fed up. I don't know what happened with the discord though. Never joined it.

I believe Locke took her waaaay back when I started playing. I'm not sure anyone else here takes her to tourneys in bracket?

Edit: tbh I just want to see someone say good job once in this boards life. When I joined last year we rode your **** when you went to your regional and were on stream. We were so proud of you. Nowadays though, the best you'd get is "shoulda gone xxx" or "luckily that villager didn't know how to play you"

Last edited:
**** i need to get some of that shade spray **** right now
I believe Locke took her waaaay back when I started playing. I'm not sure anyone else here takes her to tourneys in bracket?
He used Zelda at one tournament iirc (it's even on his rankings page) and that's about it as far as I remember and that was ages ago

Last edited:
Ok. My memory isn't as ****ty as I thought. This is the only tournament wherein Locke used Zelda

Also Locke, watch the latest episode of Slap. Gooood ****

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
My incessant shade-throwing has created a monster

Tbh I don't regret it at all:^)

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Tbh I'm a double edged curse because every time I start posting the reply rate booms and the zelda thread looks lively as ever.

hey *******

2 tournaments are happening right now

Everyone here's familiar with S4 so yeah. Midwest Mayhem 2 (Doubles) is going on right now. Watch it your interested

BUT if you want a better game, watch EGLX ;^)
I knew what you were referring to, I was chuckling at your and Locke's pet name for it.

I should watch more. I watched some of it when it was on Toonami and enjoyed it.
??

:^o

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Bravely second is great.

Sorry eu for no bad ending. Unless that was also na but I only found European news regarding it.

It's not even that bad if you haven't a
played bravely default because the game goes into details every time you meet a character from the past.

Still one of the best modern day jrpgs with the best job and ability customization.

Would get.

Last edited:
the gameplay is what made it for me in bravely default so i was completely fine with grinding the jobs. it was fun finding interesting builds and tactics (and exploits)
Oh it's not the actual series. :054:

Looks amusing though, will watch.
go ahead

it's ****ing great

Edit: tbh I just want to see someone say good job once in this boards life. When I joined last year we rode your **** when you went to your regional and were on stream. We were so proud of you. Nowadays though, the best you'd get is "shoulda gone xxx" or "luckily that villager didn't know how to play you"
You took down Xaltis? RIP Space Elsa

Good job~ :D
Just got around to watching this. I find it hilarious that the one move that beats any and all ledge camping is Din's Fire.

At least it has some sort of really small niche! :secretkpop:

Tbh I think getting in grand finals with Zelda at a big tournament is more than enough for most of us here. Congrats!
And that's only as much as I felt like finding. I don't know where you've been, but we've supported our gorls here each time they've gone to perform.

So if you want to criticize and generalize us, at the very least have a valid criticism before you come storming into the thread.

You can, at the very least, call on how crappy our(my) memes are. That's a fair criticism, and I won't challenge that claim; when there's something like this
upload_2016-4-30_15-9-6.png
running rampant, I just look at it and wanna die. So yeah you win, our (my) memes are pretty cancerous to say the least I'll give you that, but you're claims about the thread as a whole are both unfair and overgeneralizing.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
btw how do you extract the essence of my shade for your spray? I was never informed by my lawyers of how the process works

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
the gameplay is what made it for me in bravely default so i was completely fine with grinding the jobs. it was fun finding interesting builds.
First of all I deserve a Nobel prize for posting all of these novels on my autocorrect obsessed phone.

Second, I loved the character and story development. There's like 100000 cut scenes fully voice acted so you really get a feel for the characters. That's really rare with handheldesque rpgs. There's so many cutscenes I actually worry it'd turn some people off.

Also the mini games and building the towns in the background like a Facebook game is embarrassingly additctive.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
And that's only as much as I felt like finding. I don't know where you've been, but we've supported our gorls here each time they've gone to perform.

So if you want to criticize and generalize us, at the very least have a valid criticism before you come storming into the thread.

You can, at the very least, call on how crappy our(my) memes are. That's a fair criticism, and I won't challenge that claim; when there's something like this
running rampant, I just look at it and wanna die. So yeah you win, our (my) memes are pretty cancerous to say the least I'll give you that, but you're claims about the thread as a whole are both unfair and overgeneralizing.
Oh, is someone making an unfair generalization of your community?

Dejavu! :yeahboi:

:150:

Top Bottom