• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm hungry.

Fairess did great

But Zelda is still the worst character in the game.

*sigh* Zelda's throws are ALMOST good

But then they aren't.

But hey BAir kills at 60% so that makes up for everything!!1!!

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
OK OK OK

My band wants to put out an EP this summer.

There are only 2 people in it and we both came up with a name for it.

THE OPTIONS:
Upstairs (because we record everything in my upstairs music room)

B Street (because that's where I grew up)

VOTE NOW

Natty_T

Smash Rookie
NNID
Natty_T
3DS FC
1160-9854-7866
That's the name of the EP. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Our band name is Indivisible Individuals.

We're like ****ty pop rock.
You can get away with any kind of name to be fair, coming up with something new and good at the same time is difficult enough. I'd like B Street as a 2nd EP just because B=2 essentially. And Upstairs is better anyway.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
You can get away with any kind of name to be fair, coming up with something new and good at the same time is difficult enough. I'd like B Street as a 2nd EP just because B=2 essentially. And Upstairs is better anyway.
B may equate to 2, but the song is about origins so picking the street where I grew up may be better.

Upstairs has a better ring to it though.
B Street, then.

It brings to mind the B side of an album, like what most EPs are anyway.

Upstairs is just nonsensical.
Good point.

Is it nonsensical if it has a meaning? I mean we've spent hours and hours in that one room perfecting our music.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
B also means lesser. What, you've managed to come down from Upstairs to the street without even bringing your A-game?

Is it nonsensical if it has a meaning? I mean we've spent hours and hours in that one room perfecting our music.
Then make it the second EP, I suppose. Meaning doesn't mean much to people if they don't have a reason to care yet.

The purpose of the first EP is "origin", the purpose of the second EP is "progress". The alleged end result is the album proper.

You certainly wouldn't want to be naming them the other way around, that would just sound like a regression.

And, again, B Street is fortunate of just sounding like an EP; that little sound bite or something extra for your money.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It's just a name

No one is going to read into it like that.

Adele's albums are literally just numbers.
I'm sure when 25 came out, nobody thought, "wow, look at her go. She went from a prime number to a number divisible by 3 to a perfect square. Look how far she has come."

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Actually I might just name it "Low Quality S**t But At Least It's Free"

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Name your band NWA

Nerdz Wit Attitude

I promised myself if I ever make a smash crew, that's what I'd call it, but you should use it.

:150:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
It's just a name

No one is going to read into it like that.

Adele's albums are literally just numbers.
I'm sure when 25 came out, nobody thought, "wow, look at her go. She went from a prime number to a number divisible by 3 to a perfect square. Look how far she has come."
Adele's album titles are her age when she wrote them; 19, 21, 25.

There's a very clear progression in her titles.

Actually I might just name it "Low Quality S**t But At Least It's Free"
That works too, it is ****ty pop, like pretty much all music these days. After that it's just whatever moniker you've added to get onto a different billboard chart, and might even give you a niche.

Take a ****ty pop band, add another bad guitar player, and suddenly it's indie rock. Add a fiddle? Suddenly country. Slow it down and/or just add a woodwind? R&B all over this joint

Could always just get a few names on a board and do the traditional game of drunk darts to choose the winner.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
That works too, it is ****ty pop, like pretty much all music these days. After that it's just whatever moniker you've added to get onto a different billboard chart, and might even give you a niche.

Take a ****ty pop band, add another bad guitar player, and suddenly it's indie rock. Add a fiddle? Suddenly country. Slow it down and/or just add a woodwind? R&B all over this joint

Could always just get a few names on a board and do the traditional game of drunk darts to choose the winner.
Woah woah woah woah slow down there buddy! I said we're pop rock
not bland and boring pop.

Also it's like super sad stuff. I only write super sad music.

Locke 06 Locke 06 Look what popped up on my Facebook just now.
Are you inside my mind somehow???

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Woah woah woah woah slow down there buddy! I said we're pop rock
not bland and boring pop.

Also it's like super sad stuff. I only write super sad music.

Locke 06 Locke 06 Look what popped up on my Facebook just now.
Are you inside my mind somehow???
You only write sad songs?

But you're like . . . . one of the Funniest people here

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Hey guys I dont come here much, but I have something I really want to talk about. This whole down throw up air nonsense. Its come to my attention that ppl didnt even do their homework on zeldas buffs. And its really annoying hearing every time im at a smashfest or a tourney things like "yeah man, Zelda used to be worse in the game but they patched her" or "yeah she now has that new down throw up air 50/50" :(

Guys if we dont dispel these myths I dont think Zelda will ever see a patch ever again!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Adele's album titles are her age when she wrote them; 19, 21, 25.

There's a very clear progression in her titles.
But you just said the meaning behind the titles doesn't matter lol

If someone who doesn't know the story behind her album titles saw them, it would just look like Adele is bad at counting

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
You only write sad songs?

But you're like . . . . one of the Funniest people here

Comedy and Tragedy are 2 sides of the same coin my friend. Also about your NWA thing, we already have a band name.....
So an entire EP of songs like these, but worst?

If I'm not openly weeping by the end of this EP, I'm demanding the money I didn't spend for it back.
It's going to be free does no one listen?!

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
If someone who doesn't know the story behind her album titles saw them, it would just look like Adele is bad at counting
Is...that what you've actually thought, all this time?

Regardless, you said there wasn't any progression to Adele's album titles. There is.

The only time the names don't mean much is when you're in a Beatles situation; the members are too high out of their minds to give a ****, but are reasonably sure it made sense at the time. In lieu of that, I offered the not-illegal equivalent of drunk darts.

It's going to be free does no one listen?!
Hence "If I'm not openly weeping by the end of this EP, I'm demanding the money I didn't spend for it back."

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

Regardless, you said there wasn't any progression to Adele's album titles. There is.

The only time the names don't mean much is when you're in a Beatles situation; the members are too high out of their minds to give a ****, but are reasonably sure it made sense at the time. In lieu of that, I offered the not-illegal equivalent of drunk darts.

Hence "If I'm not openly weeping by the end of this EP, I'm demanding the money I didn't spend for it back."
Wait, are you not going to donate?!

WOW DUDE

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Hey, does anyone here play Charizard at a decent level? I'm curious about the Zard/Game & Watch MU after a conversation in the CCI thread. I'd ask the person who I was responding to/arguing with but he has his profile posts limited and as I don't think he likes me very much... I want to try a different avenue first.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
No lol

I've been following ha career since 19 (which is ha best album btw). I knew the titles are ages.

I meant someone who knew nothing about her or her albums.

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
All proceeds will fund future endeavors for all of us here at kuroganehammer.com. Thank you for your patronage.

, Sincerely
r_greening1​
Can you wonderful people at KuroganeHammer patent a lemon-scented Shade Spray? :secretkpop:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Wait, are you not going to donate?!

WOW DUDE
Sorry, I'm too busy donating to the Spiritzee Shade's Spray Foundation Fund for Orphaned @TTTTTsd's.

Turns out people started sending them back once they found out that if you put too many of them in one place they transmute into a Tim Hortons.

Looks like while I was busy watching Civil War in the cinema I missed one in this social
How was it?

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Sorry, I'm too busy donating to the Spiritzee Shade's Spray Foundation Fund for Orphaned @TTTTTsd's.

Turns out people started sending them back once they found out that if you put too many of them in one place they transmute into a Tim Hortons
Let's not discuss what we do with the returned TTTTTsds...

Let's just say they are in a better place.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Hey, does anyone here play Charizard at a decent level? I'm curious about the Zard/Game & Watch MU after a conversation in the CCI thread. I'd ask the person who I was responding to/arguing with but he has his profile posts limited and as I don't think he likes me very much... I want to try a different avenue first.
Not in the slightest, but if you want a order a somewhat slow Charizard to do various things as you test out strategies against it, I'm free.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I laughed at the final KO
Legit Zelda question though, around the minute mark, is there a better up-b way to get back to the ground than a up-b directly to it to avoid the uairing Cloud? Don't actually know if Zelda can snap to the ledge from above yet on the stage like that if one aims for it.

It it was battlefield, I guess I'd aim for the edge of a platform to cancel it.

TFW half charged phantom clanks with a jab
Agh, I was so happy when they revealed that move, too..

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
Legit Zelda question though, around the minute mark, is there a better up-b way to get back to the ground than a up-b directly to it to avoid the uairing Cloud? Don't actually know if Zelda can snap to the ledge from above yet on the stage like that if one aims for it.

In a serious competition I'd reset back to neutral by going away from the stage then snapping to the ledge with Farore from above if I don't feel threatened offstage or from the very bottom. But it was for glory so I was playing very lazy.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Agh, I was so happy when they revealed that move, too..
Best bet is to go for the ledge, optimally doing a Safe Snap (snapping from above) so you have 0 vulnerability frames. To do this you have to teleport down, but stop pushing down right when she disappears. If you don't, she'll teleport past and likely die, since holding down is what triggers the "not grab the ledge" thing.

Top Bottom