• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Janet_

Banned via Warnings
Unfortunately, I doubt that is easily repeatable. Looks like some jank momentum clash thing.
gotcha :/ as a side note, I feel like the match was lost when she didn't properly punish Samoose at 2:51, cuz that was a charged up-smash waiting to happen :drfacepalm:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Improved f-tilt kills still and can be done out of a run via pivot though. Jab's obviously better in neutral and safer.
honestly I wish Ftilt up angled was higher, like swinging at a lovely 45 degree angle. would allow at least some AA use with the move that way
can someone tell me what this rando is talking about, if anything? I think the tech he's referring to happens right after 2:38 but I don't see anything special about using nayru's to block the bomb's damage?
old tech that allows you to keep momentum when leaving a ledge
can be performed by just running off of it as well, easier to perform when c stick is set to specials, but if not the input is
:GCR:until leaving platform :GCN::GCB: immediately after leaving platform

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Zelda seems better off now that I got a chance to play her. Also, is my aim better or does Nair->Twinkle Toes connect easier?

Zelda kinda feels like she has a purpose now just with the Naryu /grab buff. Being lazy against her is no longer an option. lolyay #RealChatacterStatus

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Going to repost these before someone "re-finds" these combos.
I was playing casuals with a friend and found some true combos that are BAN•WORTHY
-Bunny Hood DThrow to Nair works at ~50% (More like 100% on heavier characters)
-Bunny Hood DThrow to Bair works and kills at ~105%. VERY SPECIFIC, but it's garunteed.
-Nauru's Passion to the opponent being too confused to comprehend the terribleness that they get hit by it works at all percents.

ZELDA HAS A CONFIRM KILL OFF OF THROWS AT EARLY PERCENTS. EVEN IF IT IS BY USING AN ITEM. BAN•ZELDA

Actually I'm testing out others and Bunny Hood UThrow to Uair works at the same percents as DThrow to Bair but you don't have to be as precise.
MORE KILL COMBOS FOR THIS TOXIC CHARACTER. BAN BAN BAN!

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
So I just took a look at what people are saying about zelda on /r/smashbros and there seems to be a general consensus (based on upvotes) on zelda being a "one trick pony" because of her "new" hoo-hah.

Come. on.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
So I just took a look at what people are saying about zelda on /r/smashbros and there seems to be a general consensus (based on upvotes) on zelda being a "one trick pony" because of her "new" hoo-hah.

Come. on.
I heard r/smashbros is a one trick pony once you figure out they are only aids :secretkpop:
Also, is my aim better or does Nair->Twinkle Toes connect easier?
where was some changes to the KBG of Nair, but BKB was unchanged with it doing more damage, so it might be sending differently at low %s

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
Disclaimer before reading what I'm about to say: I have not labbed Zelda before,and only have used her in doubles for fun so I don't know if these things existed before.

I was messing around and figured out for myself this stuff for the first time. Like that up-b true combos out of down throw to ko. Also down tilt into up-air ko's and true combos. One combo I love is on zss(didn't try other characters)at 50% while there on the ground hitting a down air while full hoping popping them up then falling with n-air into up-b true combos to ko. And of course the hoo haa is awesome.

Also can we talk about how n-air into the ground true combos into up-b

paradvx

Smash Rookie
I was messing around and figured out for myself this stuff for the first time. Like that up-b true combos out of down throw to ko. Also down tilt into up-air ko's and true combos. One combo I love is on zss(didn't try other characters)at 50% while there on the ground hitting a down air while full hoping popping them up then falling with n-air into up-b true combos to ko. And of course the hoo haa is awesome.
down throw doesn't combo into b up because of how momentum works for her up B when you're in the air. Also you can DI and easily get out of it. The d air combo you described is only if they don't tech, which most good players will.

you're right about the Dtilt and Nair combos. Also the down throw into Uair. The falling Nair into B up is a known combo as well.

you can also combo her up tilts into each other as well as other moves.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
GUYS IMPORTANT UPDATE!

They actually patched ledge hogging back into the game in certain scenarios!

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
shadowdude shadowdude
With the frame changes you can lead FF Nair into her tilts. Grab is also nice, but TBH you can scare opponents more with a tilt than a grab. Unless the opponent is bad huehiehae.

Opponents know her grabs are garbage for combos past mid% sans a rage powered/high % Bthrow near the edge. Why her Uthrow doesn't lead into a combo well is beyond me... As is the high angled Bthrow. Shoulda just given her Peach's/M2'd Uthrow or somethin'.

McKnightlíght McKnightlíght
Skyworld has wonky ledges/floors. Since the floor has a weird kinda hurtbox, your own hitbox can kinda merge with it sometimes as if it were an opponent. Then again... WFT is susceptible to getting stuck under quite a few platforms despite his/her hoops being capable of horizontal travel.

Last edited:

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Fighting Cloud and Bayonetta still sucks though.
Surprisingly, I have never encountered a Bayo since she was released, and that's really odd. I have absolutely no idea how she plays :facepalm:

Cloud, however, can be easily destroyed with the phantom. When cloud uses his recovery, if you space yourself right, the windbox of the phantom slash will push cloud back slightly. And since Cloud's recovery Is really stupid for some reason and won't let him grab the ledge that quick, he loses a stock if you manage to push him off with wind hitbox because he's too far to grab the ledge.

I don't know how to explain this properly, but you can see Acestar's latest video with Zelda on undefeatables when he was fighting a Cloud an he explains the process a bit better. If I find a link I'll post it.

Alright I got it. It begins at 15:32

Last edited by a moderator:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
oop

You can't double post on these forums, the resident RED TYRANT will take your soul

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Also can we talk about how n-air into the ground true combos into up-b
we did, several patches ago when they reduced the landing lag from Nair
Cloud, however, can be easily destroyed with the phantom. When cloud uses his recovery, if you space yourself right, the windbox of the phantom slash will push cloud back slightly
this happens against other recoveries similar to cloud's as well

In the future do avoid double posting

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I'm a failure at Finger Bang. Can't get the combo to work for the life of me. Can't get ANYTHING to work off of downthrow for the life of me, outside of the training room.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Finger has always been near impossible for me to do with anything but a 1st party GCN remote. Otherwise I usually end up doing an Up smash.

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Surprisingly, I have never encountered a Bayo since she was released, and that's really odd. I have absolutely no idea how she plays :facepalm:

Cloud, however, can be easily destroyed with the phantom. When cloud uses his recovery, if you space yourself right, the windbox of the phantom slash will push cloud back slightly. And since Cloud's recovery Is really stupid for some reason and won't let him grab the ledge that quick, he loses a stock if you manage to push him off with wind hitbox because he's too far to grab the ledge.

I don't know how to explain this properly, but you can see Acestar's latest video with Zelda on undefeatables when he was fighting a Cloud an he explains the process a bit better. If I find a link I'll post it.

Alright I got it. It begins at 15:32

This is hilarious. I will cheese all of the Clouds.

F u r r e t
u
r
r
e
t

need to practice jumping out of Dthrow with momentum, rather then neutral jumping
Please explain Senpai.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Please explain Senpai.
well furret is super cute and adorable oh you mean the dthrow stuff

It's not really easy to explain, least for me cause I'm crap at explaining things, but try to input a dash right before jumping (shouldn't be too hard to do with buffered inputs), you might end up turning around as well. Not all DI should require this input, specially low %s. I used to do this and occasionally still do for just getting nairs because for some reason I'll just botch it

It's been some time for me, I haven't been able to practice every day :(:(, so it's a bit fuzzy and my info even feels wrong. New feeling for me, which it feels gross

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever

Come. on.
are you *really* surprised by this

r/smashbros has always been an echo chamber for FG players

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Kinda late but those were truly GGs last bight McKnightlíght McKnightlíght @TTTTTsd and r_greening1 r_greening1 I wish I wasn't as bad as I was though, I've barely gotten sleep all week and I know I got worse after I joined the call (but somehow the connection got better idk what happened there.)
But make Tiny Battlefield legal for EVO pls

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
20160317_103316.jpg
btw gorls villager amiibo has been restocked in toys r us so if yew want one now's yew'r chance

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I used intangibility to avoid the karts in :mariocircuit: when I couldn't do that prepatch.
The Nayru's buff is REAL.
BAN•ZELDA

Last edited:

frest123

Smash Cadet
These buffs... I cannot *cries*

Edit: lol, these buffs are amazing. I think the Nayru's one is the most game-changing. The others just make Zelda feel better. F-tilt seems to have a little more use now as opposed to being previously useless, Jab is insanely delicious on shield now. I've been trying to use landing Uair combos and even on shield but it feels awkward. Landing Uair might be viable but the timing and positioning needs getting used to.

Also, does Nair having more percentage open up new combo potential? Maybe Nair into Nair strings or Nair to Bair or Full Nair to land and immediate Utilt?

I'm not sure if this is a true combo but at a certain mid-high percent (with certain rage), it might be possible to combo jab into jump UpB, chasing after the opponent's trajectory to hit with the second hit. I nailed my opponent with it and it seemed like they couldn't air dodge. This makes sense considering that Jab does more percent hence more hitstun.

*dies*

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Don't even recognize half the people in here anymore.

That Cloud video is interesting... didn't know that. The guy talks way too fast at times.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Don't even recognize half the people in here anymore.

That Cloud video is interesting... didn't know that. The guy talks way too fast at times.
A large number of people hopped in the social just over the past day or so.

Does anyone want to play with me today?

Last edited:
Top Bottom