• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I find it strange that people have a hard time comprehending that just because we are giving this combo a name doesn't mean we didn't know it existed before

It's just better now which is why we need a name to remind people to learn to DI this combo

Then we can go back to our penissistic ways!

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I find it strange that people have a hard time comprehending that just because we are giving this combo a name doesn't mean we didn't know it existed before

It's just better now which is why we need a name to remind people to learn to DI this combo

Then we can go back to our penissistic ways!
I'm calling it the finger flick since it reminds me of Tsunade vs Naruto.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It's called Finger Bang.

I won't accept any other name. Besides, all of the other ones are trash tier.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So I tried with DI away, just for the sake of testing, and I was able to get ever upair with DI away, just had to run a bit beforehand. So for sure they cannot jump out. What I do want to know though, is can they airdodge. Because while higher KB increases the disparity of when you can jump and when you can airdodge, making airdodge the faster option, the dthrow from Zelda doesn't actually have a lot of KB at all.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Because while higher KB increases the disparity of when you can jump and when you can airdodge, making airdodge the faster option, the dthrow from Zelda doesn't actually have a lot of KB at all.
Zelda did not get any KB alterations to dthrow from what I believe. IDK if you were suggesting there was, it just sounded like that.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Zelda did not get any KB alterations to dthrow from what I believe. IDK if you were suggesting there was, it just sounded like that.
Nono, I didn't mean that at all. I simply meant that her dthrow doesn't send people far. Unlike say, Marth.

It's just the weird game mechanic that lets you airdodge before jumping/throwing out a move, if the KB of the move you were hit by is high.

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Oh something I want to clear up, no I did not drop Zelda. Like I said before, I'm co-maining and at the moment, I'm using Corrin mostly to catch up with my Zelda. If you are in the skype chat I've said that I'm taking a break from Zelda too because I feel like I have nothing else to learn. So, by using corrin, it'll help me see the game in a new perspective and hopefully give me new ideas with Zelda, Which it has.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Oh something I want to clear up, no I did not drop Zelda. Like I said before, I'm co-maining and at the moment, I'm using Corrin mostly to catch up with my Zelda. If you are in the skype chat I've said that I'm taking a break from Zelda too because I feel like I have nothing else to learn. So, by using corrin, it'll help me see the game in a new perspective and hopefully give me new ideas with Zelda, Which it has.
only thing maining dedede taut me with zelda is her AA ability is trash and that I'm trash at AA
Is there a skype group for zelda mains? I would LOVE to join this.
Ew gross skype

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
Warning: it's vomit-inducing and your IQ will drop by 20 points after reading the messages in it.
Ew gross skype
Well I just started posting here and haven't heard about this skype group. What's so bad about it, out of curiosity?

I still would like the join. I'm used to all sorts of weird groups lol

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
We in a similar boat, sis

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Who wants to play me tonight at midnight EST?

I'm going to a tourney tomorrow and I'm going to rep this newly buffed character!
:4myfriends:
Technically he was only indirectly buffed because some of his really bad MUs got nerfed. He still omgragequits against Bayo.

I thought you were co-maining Cloud lol

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Well I just started posting here and haven't heard about this skype group. What's so bad about it, out of curiosity?
we are a bunch of beings of the night (ok I'm prop 1 of the few beings of the night but anyways) who prefer to use forums
and believe skype groups, have a problem with both a small exclusivity IE; information on it wouldn't available to people who main other characters that is quickly accessable. While at the same time killing a character's forum, which kinda defeats the purpose of a forum
No, Conor is playing Cloud now.
who's conor?

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Someone should test Zelda's up throw to up air at around 80-90%. Unlike with down throw, there's relatively little you can do to DI in either direction, and it feels so much better with the bigger hitbox I'm wondering if it's true or just close to it.
Not true (except maybe Falcon but DI on Uair makes him live). The majority of characters Uthrow to Uair work on is about 50-60%, any higher % & they go too high for the Uair to hit

who's conor?
image.jpg

Last edited:

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
we are a bunch of beings of the night (ok I'm prop 1 of the few beings of the night but anyways) who prefer to use forums
and believe skype groups, have a problem with both a small exclusivity IE; information on it wouldn't available to people who main other characters that is quickly accessable. While at the same time killing a character's forum, which kinda defeats the purpose of a forum
That makes sense. I definitely will try to post as much zelda meta as I can in the threads here. Many of the discussion posts here have already helped me out in the past when I was lurking here. However, isn't there a zelda discord group? I dunno if that is very active.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
That makes sense. I definitely will try to post as much zelda meta as I can in the threads here. Many of the discussion posts here have already helped me out in the past when I was lurking here. However, isn't there a zelda discord group? I dunno if that is very active.
not a part of it, so i couldn't tell ya

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So I was testing with my good friend @MOI-ARI and we stumbled upon some fun stuff:

On ZSS, at least (so I assume other fastfallers)

Dthrow upair can be a thing at kill %s, no matter the DI, or if you mash airdodge. I was DIing away and mashing airdodge and died at 85% no rage.

Meanwhile, upthrow upair actually worked to kill as well, even if I mashed airdodge, if there was no DI. We tried to test with DI but it was too laggy. However due to the angle of upthrow, I believe it MIGHT be possible, since they can't DI it very much.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I'm lowkey salty at all the people's interest in Zelda now. They're finding "new things" in the game that we've been doing since the beginning and taking credit for it. I hate people.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I'm lowkey salty at all the people's interest in Zelda now. They're finding "new things" in the game that we've been doing since the beginning and taking credit for it. I hate people.
I was told dthrow upair and upthrow upair didn't work, and that's why I tested it :O
Or are you referring to somethin else?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Also from 50-60%, if they do DI left or right, bair is true tested on most characters by me and @Zolda

It could kill depending on opponents position and DI

B-but the uair buff is still nice so yeet

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
I'm new here don't ask me questions about how long I've been lurking.

Anyway I'm crying tears of joy because Zelda finally got some notable buffs. She's definitively not the best character but hey I'll take any kind of buffs for this girl.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I know you've been banished now sis but this entire post is making me die of laughter

I still would like the join. I'm used to all sorts of weird groups lol
It's one of two home bases for the Zelda Cultists

Discord is the other one :secretkpop:

I couldn't agree more. I can't wait until someone "discovers" the falling Nair combos next...

Last edited:
Top Bottom