• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
OMG TTTTTsd TTTTTsd SOME ARE SAYING THE CLOUD ZELDA MU IS EASY FOR ZELDA (to die imo)

but they seriously think it's fairly easy.

What are your thoughts?
I know I'm totally not TTTTTsd TTTTTsd but I wanna say that it's at least an even MU.

We can gimp him SO easily without limitbreak and condition maximum distance recoveries (so that he can avoid our windbox phantom) which means we can punish him by dairing as he tries to recover low.

We're floaty enough that he can't combo string us very well as he can many other members of the case, and Zelda's recovery game is so strong that we make his recovery look like Little Mac in terms of gimping or forcing an air dodge.

And dair trades with his up b. Obv be weary if they're willing to lose the stock for whatever reason, similar to Ganon.

If he gets us in the air we get shrekt by Uair though. Otherwise I'd honestly argue we did have an advantage in the MU, but alas. Also forcing us to approach by charging limit break sucks, so patient clouds are just going to be really really annoying. Like a stalling time-out Puff. Irritating mind games.

Also reflecting his limit projectile is fabulous.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'know what? Zelda is so 2001.

From this day on, I declare that this is the new Dedede social.:4dedede:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
go back to your trashy disco room and sh*tpost over there
1401408447961.gif

this just is further evidence of how sh*tty the Zelda social is these days

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Welp, I'll just say it now before y'all happily start (Or maybe not?? *X-Files music*)

Don't get too crazy (D3s AND Zeldas/frequents) or I'll start handing out infractions and stuff mkay?

My soul jar is already up to 2 now.

williamsga555

Smash Journeyman
I have been summoned. I almost feel honored.

How's it going, Zelda social? Talks of a good matchup against Cloud (well, even going even is pretty nice) sounds exciting. Would love to see how it ends up playing out.

D

Deleted member

You gorls have NOTHING on the King. We are big. We are proud. We are life. We are proud servants of perfection. :4dedede:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
My thoughts on Cloud vs. Zelda?

Uhhh....not really scared of getting gimped because I know how to recover properly (I usually airdodge into instasnap and always DI up which no Clouds online do at all so they're a terrible metric, DI up is basically the most braindead solution to recovering with this character). Most players don't because Cloud's recovery requires active thought and reaction which is not commonplace in Smash 4 (I'm really sorry if this statement bothers people but for most characters I find the best recovery mixup is literally just recovering normally.)

All I do is camp because I can. The minute he starts forcing an approach is when it becomes favorable for him. If he acquires full Limit it's basically GGs because he is now one of the most mobile characters in the game except he has a sword too and really stupid autocancels. This in turn lets him very feasibly whiff punish basically anything and kind of just fly around really fast with a big sword.

I have a very, very hard time believing it's even, personally. To each their own but if he plays the matchup properly I don't see how it's troublesome.

Last edited:

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
@Feelicks what have you done oh no though it's kind of hilarious

But um. Hi? I just want to say that I have nothing but respect for Zelda mains. We know well the pain of low tiers, the kind of character it creates, and the dedication it requires. Keep being you.

D

Deleted member

@Feelicks what have you done oh no though it's kind of hilarious

But um. Hi? I just want to say that I have nothing but respect for Zelda mains. We know well the pain of low tiers, the kind of character it creates, and the dedication it requires. Keep being you.
Hey, at least we weren't low tier in Brawl. :dedede:

But yeah, I agree. I have a ton of respect for people who main heavily underrepresented characters, Zelda definitely being one of them. Some of you guys are crazy good with the character, like when @Macchiato bodied me today. ;w;

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I have been summoned. I almost feel honored.

How's it going, Zelda social? Talks of a good matchup against Cloud (well, even going even is pretty nice) sounds exciting. Would love to see how it ends up playing out.
i'm going to tell you a little secret, hunTy
zelda doesn't go even with cloud
some of the gorls here are a bit delusional
they think that zelda's good recovery is what decides an mu
:secretkpop:

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
i'm going to tell you a little secret, hunTy
zelda doesn't go even with cloud
some of the gorls here are a bit delusional
they think that zelda's good recovery is what decides an mu

"Where'd all the gorls go"
"Looks like the social's dying."
"We may not be on our PR or break top 10, but at least we're reasonable about Zelda"
"The handful of top 10 placing Zelda's are all delusional"
Any time anybody says anything positive about Zelda or suggests new tech/ideas, we make sure to mock their foolishness. What a waste of time!
I wonder why so many people left the social :secretkpop:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

"We may not be on our PR or break top 10, but at least we're reasonable about Zelda"
Any time anybody says anything positive about Zelda or suggests new tech/ideas, we make sure to mock their foolishness. What a waste of time!
everybody in this social mains **** characters

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
hunTy cysT,

Place top 10 in a national and then we'll talk about how zelda is viable. :secretkpop: I can guarantee you that I could place top 10 if my area had a tournament, but that would literally say nothing about how good Zelda is (or I am, for that matter). Instead, that'd just say that everyone in my area is awful at smash because I don't take this game seriously at all. You gorls act like placing top 10 in irrelevant areas like Wisconsin and Oregon is a big deal. Oh right, I forgot that the Green Bay Packers were also known for their highly competitive smash scene!

I literally never said either of your first two statements, so you might want to check your facTs before you sh*tpost, hunTy. Honestly, I wouldn't give a f*ck if any of you left and never came back. I don't know any of you and we're not friends. You don't impact my life at all lol.

And I guess I forgoT that Zelda is super viable and that her moveset is cohesive, sorry! For the 11-12 years I've been maining this character, I guess I missed that! How silly of me!

also, if you want to talk sh*t about me, you can do it right on here, sister. i don't appreciate you running off to skype. <3

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
This thread's gonna turn into Nibelheim soon, speaking of Cloud....yikes!

Let's all just....relax and stuff before bad things happen!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

hunTy cysT,

Place top 10 in a national and then we'll talk about how zelda is viable. :secretkpop: I can guarantee you that I could place top 10 if my area had a tournament, but that would literally say nothing about how good Zelda (or I am, for that matter). Instead, that'd just say that everyone in my area is awful at smash because I don't take this game seriously at all. You gorls act like placing top 10 in irrelevant areas like Wisconsin and Oregon is a big deal. Oh right, I forgot that the Green Bay Packers were also known for their highly competitive smash scene.

I literally never said either of your first two statements, so you might want to check your facTs before you sh*tpost, hunTy.Honestly, I wouldn't give a f*ck if any of you left and never came back. I don't know any of you and we're not friends. You don't impact my life at all lol.

And I guess I forgoT that Zelda is super viable and that her moveset is cohesive, sorry! For the 11-12 years I've been maining this character, I guess I missed that! How silly of me!

also, if you want to talk sh*t about me, you can do it right on here, sister. i don't appreciate you running off to skype. <3

This. All of this. I want your babies rn, seriously

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm sorry, but I've been reading some gorls' MU write-ups like this:
>"the pika MU is easy and simple for us"
That doesn't really say anything. Well, why is it easy? How is it simple? What does Zelda need to do in order to stuff out Pikachu's options? What tools gives us the edge in this MU?
>"just d-air QA offstage"
then it always turns to:
"omg the social is so dumb. they don't understand how a gimmick can win tourneys. they're so pessimistic. love jumps makes us mid-tier. they're just wrong."

D

Deleted member

Oh man, don't remind me ROFL.

The passive aggressive Swordsman boards. Good times, good times...
the Mii boards are all basically people going "#FreeMii" instead of actually doing **** to advance their character's meta, it's hilarious tbh

D

Deleted member

Kind of why I'm picking up Brawler for funsies. Mii mains are whiny *******
"Mii Gunner has the best neutral of any character in Smash 4!"

this is a thing somebody actually told me with a straight face lol

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

I need to print this post on gloss photo paper
And then frame it
And then hang it
Because it's that perfect

And apparently I need to frame this post as well because it's my 1,000TH POST!!!!!

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Oh man, don't remind me ROFL.

The passive aggressive Swordsman boards. Good times, good times...
I'm guessing cloud mains are like this too?
Mii Swordfighter mains are not passive with their aggressiveness against APEX Mii rules lol
the Mii boards are all basically people going "#FreeMii" instead of actually doing **** to advance their character's meta, it's hilarious tbh
for the record I wrote my original statement before reading this and I have stopped this behavior months ago.
also you know how hard it is to develop a meta for a character that makes Zelda look semi decent?

Top Bottom