• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Honestly, the only reason to ever use Samus is for disrespect.

Because if you lose to such a trashT character, then you need to re-evaluate your life.

Even Zelda has more positive aspects than Samus.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the only reason to ever use Samus is for disrespect.

Because if you lose to such a trashT character, then you need to re-evaluate your life.

Even Zelda has more positive aspects than Samus.
Yet Samus can rack up to 40% off a grab or dash attack, has an effective zoning game and doesn't have the survivability of a napkin like Zelda does.

And Samus has placed top 8 at a major thanks to Jonny Westside, and he almost beat ZeRo at the same event. Tell me the last time a Zelda player has done that. :4samus:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I still ended up beating your flat-chested arse with Samus >:V

my friend 0-deathed me off down throw by doing a ton of up airs into Screw Attack when we were on Battlefield once. I cried.

I know. But I want to get that specific part of it. That footstool was also unintentional, I hardly ever get footstools anyways. :secretkpop:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Yet Samus can rack up to 40% off a grab or dash attack, has an effective zoning game and doesn't have the survivability of a napkin like Zelda does.

And Samus has placed top 8 at a major thanks to Jonny Westside, and he almost beat ZeRo at the same event. Tell me the last time a Zelda player has done that. :4samus:
Fairess in Kuwait Majors. He gets Top 8 in every Major there. :4zelda:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Because some guy actually went to a major playing a character literally no one will have MU knowledge on.

In the case of let's say Esam, he would probably only pick Samus now out of pity/opportunity if his opponent is using an equally unviable character (Ex: Doc when he fought Nairo) even then iirc Nairo's Doc thrashed his Samus.

Low tiers get results early in the meta game while people are prioritizing learning more relevant characters MUs.

At this point though Zelda has a worse chance at winning against the known players because Nairo at least played her some and now everyone knows ha enough to make her hopeless before he ditched ever using ha for any important tournament.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
A lot of it is JWest playing his character to the fullest, which if I recall him saying, it was something like "Get a hit, reset to neutral over and over" and then his opponent makes a mistake and he kills them. (I'm assuming by "hit" he means anything besides Dash Attack at low %s. Ha)

He is famously known for eating every single Luigi ever known to man. I have no idea if Samus is favorable in that matchup but he makes it look that way. He placed pretty well considering he went all Samus at Genesis (I think it was 65th? I'm not sure I want to yell "MU inexperience" at this point considering this was like, the hardest Smash 4 major ever for a lot of reasons).

A large part of me believes Samus is misunderstood as a character and no, I'm not saying she's not bad, I just think there are a ton of misconceptions about the character and a lot of them don't hold true, unfortunately. One of her most redeeming factors is that when she does actually get a hit from neutral and it's a good hit, she usually converts for ridiculous damage (40% off of a burst movement dash attack is one of her MODERATE NORMAL punishes, for perspective. You can even sourspout the dash attack and you still get guaranteed combos, the only prerequisite is that you space it properly and play Samus and not Falcon.)

I equate Samus to a lovely rollercoaster. It's awful waiting to go up to the top but you get that hit and it is amazing because her advantage is ridiculous compared to the rest of her character, all things considered.

I personally find her a lot more fun than Zelda because in spite of all this, when I get a hit I'm pretty firmly rewarded with the usual guaranteed damage and good positioning that comes with Samus getting a hit. Beautiful~.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because some guy actually went to a major playing a character literally no one will have MU knowledge on.

In the case of let's say Esam, he would probably only pick Samus now out of pity/opportunity if his opponent is using an equally unviable character (Ex: Doc when he fought Nairo) even then iirc Nairo's Doc thrashed his Samus.

Low tiers get results early in the meta game while people are prioritizing learning more relevant characters MUs.

At this point though Zelda has a worse chance at winning against the known players because Nairo at least played her some and now everyone knows ha enough to make her hopeless before he ditched ever using ha for any important tournament.
You ignored the first half of what I said.

I'm pretty damn sure ZeRo doesn't lack MU experience on Samus. He studies the damn game literally everyday. There's a reason he thrashed Big D back at Northwest Majors when he used Dedede against him, and that's because he fully knew the MU.

Point is, at least Samus' design philosophy works. The only thing she really needs to be solidly viable is hitbox fixes and more knockback on some of her attacks. I can't even figure out what Zelda's design is even supposed to be. It outright just doesn't work with the way her current moveset is right now.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
A lot of it is JWest playing his character to the fullest, which if I recall him saying, it was something like "Get a hit, reset to neutral over and over" and then his opponent makes a mistake and he kills them. (I'm assuming by "hit" he means anything besides Dash Attack at low %s. Ha)

He is famously known for eating every single Luigi ever known to man. I have no idea if Samus is favorable in that matchup but he makes it look that way. He placed pretty well considering he went all Samus at Genesis (I think it was 65th? I'm not sure I want to yell "MU inexperience" at this point considering this was like, the hardest Smash 4 major ever for a lot of reasons).

A large part of me believes Samus is misunderstood as a character and no, I'm not saying she's not bad, I just think there are a ton of misconceptions about the character and a lot of them don't hold true, unfortunately. One of her most redeeming factors is that when she does actually get a hit from neutral and it's a good hit, she usually converts for ridiculous damage (40% off of a burst movement dash attack is one of her MODERATE NORMAL punishes, for perspective. You can even sourspout the dash attack and you still get guaranteed combos, the only prerequisite is that you space it properly and play Samus and not Falcon.)

I equate Samus to a lovely rollercoaster. It's awful waiting to go up to the top but you get that hit and it is amazing because her advantage is ridiculous compared to the rest of her character, all things considered.

I personally find her a lot more fun than Zelda because in spite of all this, when I get a hit I'm pretty firmly rewarded with the usual guaranteed damage and good positioning that comes with Samus getting a hit. Beautiful~.
Now, if only I can see someone use Lucina to the fullest. :secretkpop:
That's never gonna happen, right? :c

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

I'm pretty damn sure ZeRo doesn't lack MU oexperience on Samus. He studies the damn game literally everyday. There's a reason he thrashed Big D back at Northwest Majors when he used Dedede against him, and that's because he fully knew the MU.

Point is, at least Samus' design philosophy works. The only thing she really needs to be solidly viable is hitbox fixes and more knockback on some of her attacks. I can't even figure out what Zelda's design is even supposed to be. It outright just doesn't work with the way her current moveset is right now.
sisT you main Dedede

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Rosalinda has usurped Sheik's throne of being better Zelda.

Like, Rosalinda is Zelda if Zelda had a functioning moveset and a little helper that covered her diagonal blind spots and was able to get her out of like all bad situations.

Sheik is now the better version of every character.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. I just randomly checked my MyAnimeList account, and someone sent me a hate comment. :yeahboi:

Funny thing is, he blocked me as well. So I cannot reply to him. So that's kinda silly on his half.
It looks like he's looking for attention, but yet doesn't want it. Make up your mind. :V

I'd link you girls to the comment, but I cannot be bothered. Plus, I just deleted the comment, and saved it as an image to post here later. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I ignored it because it wasn't relevant to the comment I was making.

You're probably right that ZeRo has studied a little of what Samus can do, but I have no doubt in a sense, he has low MU experience vs Samus.

Who did he use vs the Samus? Sheik? Because I have no doubt that his sheik could pull him through MU inexperience vs low tier characters.

Actually, if ZeRo's knowledge of what Samus 'does' is anything like his analysis of Zelda (Zelda gorls know the one) then he probably knows almost none of her secrets.

I'll address her "40% grab combos" from your other post; aren't those off of UAir most of the time, right?

Doesn't that thing drop people like, 50/50?

Also...Samus's grab...Have to land it first. x_o

Also she may not be a napkin when it comes to strong moves, but she's still sharing subpar mobility with our queen.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Realtalk Samus' uair is one of the best in the game and I'd take it on pretty much any character other than Rosa/Cloud given the choice.

but since this is the Zelda social

sammy is a worthless tr4shT can, worsT char in the game :secretkpop:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Realtalk Samus' uair is one of the best in the game and I'd take it on pretty much any character other than Rosa/Cloud given the choice.

but since this is the Zelda social

sammy is a worthless tr4shT can, worsT char in the game :secretkpop:
sisT but does it connect reliably at all??

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I found out when I'll be going to University Tutorials girls. : D

First one like I mentioned is in February, next one will be in April, then July and finally August.

Hopefully I'll be able to get all of my stuff done before the deadline reaches. And I'll be getting a laptop tomorrow, so I get all my work done on that. :yeahboi:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
sisT but does it connect reliably at all??
Her Uair has an autolink angle + low KB and literally combos into itself like 3-4 times at low %s (you usually see 2 Uairs into an Up+B and it always connects unless you deliberately drift away, don't do that). You can extend Uairs if you make airdodge reads/reads of any kind via platforms which then leads to more Uairs or maybe an Up+B.

It's actually ridiculously good. Same with her Dash Attack when you space it right considering that all of its active hitboxes give you a combo angle which is not common in this game. Said angle being DIRECTLY ABOVE YOU as well which is incredible and also means DI reads are so so easy.

Also her 40% combos are from Dash Attack OR Grab, Grab only works if they miss the DI though. It's often better to go for a DA if you see a hard punish scenario present itself because you are guaranteed to get 35-40% damage depending on staleness and sweet/sour Dash Attack. I think Samus's low % combo game, at its best, is probably some of the highest GUARANTEED true combo damage output in the game. It's really marvelous.

Her real weakness IMO is a faulty Jab (getting people off of her is a chore) and her Neutral is very meh. Disadvantage state isn't great either. If she had a little more solid of a neutral game she'd probably be kinda crazy tbh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, Macchiato Macchiato 's Zelda is making me feel actual, physical pain. I UNDERESTIMATED YOU GORLS, I'M SORRY

Last edited by a moderator:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

NEW PATCH NOW ZELDA HAS A MONSTER DAIR SPIKE

TOTALLY NOT HACKED OR ANYTHING

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I don't really find any top tiers outright dumb to fight, even if I highly struggle in the Fox MU. People need to learn to adapt to the most prevalent tournament characters or matchups they struggle in, or else you're not gonna get anywhere and pay the price for it.

On another note though, tryhard ZSS' and Falcon players are some of my favorites to fight lol
Tryhards make me happy. I literally just stand there doing nothing and just ez punish them. The running tryhards, tho...

Anyway, the MUs aren't hopeless, just annoying even after adapting for half the roster. It's mostly because it turns into arse covering more than outright fighting.

Top Bottom