• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
hunTy cysT,

Place top 10 in a national and then we'll talk about how zelda is viable. :secretkpop: I can guarantee you that I could place top 10 if my area had a tournament, but that would literally say nothing about how good Zelda is (or I am, for that matter). Instead, that'd just say that everyone in my area is awful at smash because I don't take this game seriously at all. You gorls act like placing top 10 in irrelevant areas like Wisconsin and Oregon is a big deal. Oh right, I forgot that the Green Bay Packers were also known for their highly competitive smash scene!

I literally never said either of your first two statements, so you might want to check your facTs before you sh*tpost, hunTy. Honestly, I wouldn't give a f*ck if any of you left and never came back. I don't know any of you and we're not friends. You don't impact my life at all lol.

And I guess I forgoT that Zelda is super viable and that her moveset is cohesive, sorry! For the 11-12 years I've been maining this character, I guess I missed that! How silly of me!

also, if you want to talk sh*t about me, you can do it right on here, sister. i don't appreciate you running off to skype. <3

Well damn did things escalate quickly.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
hunTy cysT,

Place top 10 in a national and then we'll talk about how zelda is viable. :secretkpop: I can guarantee you that I could place top 10 if my area had a tournament, but that would literally say nothing about how good Zelda is (or I am, for that matter). Instead, that'd just say that everyone in my area is awful at smash because I don't take this game seriously at all. You gorls act like placing top 10 in irrelevant areas like Wisconsin and Oregon is a big deal. Oh right, I forgot that the Green Bay Packers were also known for their highly competitive smash scene!

I literally never said either of your first two statements, so you might want to check your facTs before you sh*tpost, hunTy. Honestly, I wouldn't give a f*ck if any of you left and never came back. I don't know any of you and we're not friends. You don't impact my life at all lol.

And I guess I forgoT that Zelda is super viable and that her moveset is cohesive, sorry! For the 11-12 years I've been maining this character, I guess I missed that! How silly of me!

also, if you want to talk sh*t about me, you can do it right on here, sister. i don't appreciate you running off to skype. <3
Holy sht gorl this wasn't an attack on you.

I wasn't quoting you.

This was my reply to the thread because so many people HAVE left, and it's the hostile attacks like this that does it.

Being such low tier heroes we should be supporting each-other, not belittling. When I first started posting here it was mostly ironic jokes or light hearted, but things started getting salty and passive aggressive. When someone asked "who's the best Zelda" and people would chime in Ven, people would ask his opinion on something, only to shut him down or mock him.

Like come on guys. Where'd all the support go?

That wasn't a sh*tpost, that was a genuine post.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
When someone asked "who's the best Zelda" and people would chime in Ven, people would ask his opinion on something, only to shut him down or mock him.
that's because ven has ridiculous opinions lol

like, the reason he does well is because he's a good player, not because zelda's a good character/viable or w/e

he thinks that just because he doesn't struggle versus a character, it means that zelda doesn't (which is obviously erroneous)

but i commend him for all that he has done for zelda and all that other sh*t that i am obligated to say

D

Deleted member

let's all be nice girls

just remember

zelda has been viable three games in a row. :4sheik:

that's because ven has ridiculous opinions lol

like, the reason he does well is because he's a good player, not because zelda's a good character/viable or w/e

he thinks that just because he doesn't struggle versus a character, it means that zelda doesn't (which is obviously erroneous)

but i commend him for all that he has done for zelda and all that other sh*t that i am obligated to say
tbh, 100% agreed. Only thing I've ever agreed with him on is that Zelda wrecks Dedede. Neither characters can approach but Zelda can just lame out Dedede so hard. it's kinda disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
so many people HAVE left, and it's the hostile attacks like this that does it.
If you're talking about the social, people left because the behavior, the character of this social has changed. We are nothing like the early 2015 era that is so highly praised. And not because of this belief we've scared everyone off.

Heck a lot of people who made this place back then were "pessimistic" Zeldas.

Being such low tier heroes we should be supporting each-other, not belittling.
Why don't you go tell that to your little safe room skype groups.

We may be the SWF noticeable ones, but the some of you are going into groups where you think we won't see, calling us straight up idiots.

It's hilarious really, one Zelda said we flame out anyone who says anything positive,

And followed up one "pessimistic" Zelda's hello by calling them a c**t.

Another thing that a low tier group needs to do is to stick together, and all of you are apparently too scared to come in here and instead play victim.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
If you're talking about the social, people left because the behavior, the character of this social has changed. We are nothing like the early 2015 era that is so highly praised. And not because of this belief we've scared everyone off.

We may be the SWF noticeable ones, but the some of you are going into groups where you think we won't see, calling us straight up idiots.

It's hilarious really, one Zelda said we flame out anyone who says anything positive,

Another thing that a low tier group needs to do is to stick together, and all of you are apparently too scared to come in here and instead play victim.
If they would stop banning Fujin that would certainly raise the character of this social back to early 2015 but what can you do.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm making a percent chart for back hit of utilt to farore's wind. it combos for a good range of percents yay!

I'm sorry, but I've been reading some gorls' MU write-ups like this:
>"the pika MU is easy and simple for us"
That doesn't really say anything. Well, why is it easy? How is it simple? What does Zelda need to do in order to stuff out Pikachu's options? What tools gives us the edge in this MU?
>"just d-air QA offstage"
then it always turns to:
"omg the social is so dumb. they don't understand how a gimmick can win tourneys. they're so pessimistic. love jumps makes us mid-tier. they're just wrong."
sisT if the love jumping thing is about me then I am offended. As much as I love the tech, I never said it made her mid tier. I am triggered, this is so rude.

if not then, ily cysT
:secretkpop:

"Where'd all the gorls go"
"Looks like the social's dying."
"We may not be on our PR or break top 10, but at least we're reasonable about Zelda"
"The handful of top 10 placing Zelda's are all delusional"
Any time anybody says anything positive about Zelda or suggests new tech/ideas, we make sure to mock their foolishness. What a waste of time!
I wonder why so many people left the social :secretkpop:
hunTy cysT,

weren't we just bonding on a discord call like yesterday? spritzee is right, the zelda social is gross. never sassy just forever trashy

D

Deleted member

Real talk, can we all just calm down and go back to civil conversation? The social doesn't need this kind of drama and calling out others.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
You know you're improving when suddenly you can do footstool combos with Greninja consistently despite failing horribly every other time you tried and not practicing it for months

I can now do 43% out of one N-Air at least, which is 9% more than a N-Air -> Up-Tilt -> Up-Smash lol.

And I can also do Meteor D-Air -> Up-Air Spike -> Up-Tilt -> Up-Air now which is a very unreliable kill confirm but I guess it exists.

Either way #progress

D

Deleted member

You know you're improving when suddenly you can do footstool combos with Greninja consistently despite failing horribly every other time you tried and not practicing it for months

I can now do 43% out of one N-Air at least, which is 9% more than a N-Air -> Up-Tilt -> Up-Smash lol.

And I can also do Meteor D-Air -> Up-Air Spike -> Up-Tilt -> Up-Air now which is a very unreliable kill confirm but I guess it exists.

Either way #progress
I need to fight you sometime. I've never fought a super good Greninja and the MU experience would really help. It'd also probably give me more of an idea of how to properly play him too.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i mean,

somebody had to say it, so why not me?

life isn't a hugbox where your hurt feelings mean more than the truth or something in which nobody will ever criticize you

people are d***s and life is rough

get used to it lol

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Real talk, can we all just calm down and go back to civil conversation? The social doesn't need this kind of drama and calling out others.
It's been waiting to get over the brim really.

You all should feel honored to have decided to visit at the ripest hour. Get you popcorn, kings :secretkpop:

I also love how amidst a Zelda fight (No denying it) and a raid attempt by D3s, FullMoon FullMoon just walks in talking about his Greninja combo work lmao.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
i mean,

somebody had to say it, so why not me?

life isn't a hugbox where your hurt feelings mean more than the truth or something in which nobody will ever criticize you

people are rough and life is d***s

get used to it lol
f1xed

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

This is really true. I'm in one-two groups, but it's not to bash anyone. I've never bashed anyone for being negative. I do say that I wish some of you were more positive but that is it. I'm only in those groups to get metagame discussion done because we don't really get any discussion here like we used to. Not to lie, there are some Zeldas that do say what you mentioned in your post which is really wrong because most the time they are just saying that it might not work due to these conditions. No one should he calling someone else an idiot for their opinion. A person should be able to think what they want without being attacked. That's why it's kinda said to look back at how we all used to get along and now look at how it is. Sad ik. This is sadder than puff's metagame smh.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
idk it's never been this entertaining in months
Actually even I wouldn't go so far as to say it's entertaining. It's just sad.

Honestly I think this entire site in general has changed, and not for the better. I mean you could say that this site has been pretty trashy the whole time but at least in my experience there certain sections of this site that I could enjoy. Those places for me are now gone.

I am seriously glad that I'm starting my uni classes and my new job next month, because I need something to distract me from coming here now. I only really come here nowadays because this is the only site that sort of interests me when my friends in real life are being annoying (which is pretty much all the time).

This place isn't fun for me anymore and it's just taking a toll on my energy at this point.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I need to fight you sometime. I've never fought a super good Greninja and the MU experience would really help. It'd also probably give me more of an idea of how to properly play him too.
I'm only going back to college in February so I just have all the free time currently. There's only 2 problems though

1) I'm from Brazil so ey lag

2) I'm not a super good Greninja

I also love how amidst a Zelda fight (No denying it) and a raid attempt by D3s, FullMoon FullMoon just walks in talking about his Greninja combo work lmao.
You talk as if this sort of stuff hasn't happened multiple times already =V

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Actually even I wouldn't go so far as to say it's entertaining. It's just sad.

Honestly I think this entire site in general has changed, and not for the better. I mean you could say that this site has been pretty trashy the whole time but at least in my experience there certain sections of this site that I could enjoy. Those places for me are now gone.

I am seriously glad that I'm starting my uni classes and my new job next month, because I need something to distract me from coming here now. I only really come here nowadays because this is the only site that sort of interests me when my friends in real life are being annoying (which is pretty much all the time).

This place isn't fun for me anymore and it's just taking a toll on my energy at this point.
entertaining isn't always good sisT

D

Deleted member

This is really true. I'm in one-two groups, but it's not to bash anyone. I've never bashed anyone for being negative. I do say that I wish some of you were more positive but that is it. I'm only in those groups to get metagame discussion done because we don't really get any discussion here like we used to. Not to lie, there are some Zeldas that do say what you mentioned in your post which is really wrong because most the time they are just saying that it might not work due to these conditions. No one should he calling someone else an idiot for their opinion. A person should be able to think what they want without being attacked. That's why it's kinda said to look back at how we all used to get along and now look at how it is. Sad ik. This is sadder than puff's metagame smh.
That implies Jigglypuff has a metagame, tbh.

I feel you, though. The Dedede boards have the same issue where we've been pessimistic for so long due to the lack of patches and so many people dropping our character. That's life I guess.

I'm only going back to college in February so I just have all the free time currently. There's only 2 problems though

1) I'm from Brazil so ey lag

2) I'm not a super good Greninja

You talk as if this sort of stuff hasn't happened multiple times already =V
Well from what I've seen you're very knowledgeable about the character at least. Hopefully the internet won't be too bad when we play lol

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
You all don't realize this.

But the Social sucks now because I don't post here anymore. Search your heart, YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE~

Obviously the sun revolves around me.

Back on topic, everyone needs to stop being such passive-aggressive whiny babies. Who cares what people say in little skype chatrooms or private messages? Most of the people complaining about each other here aren't even barely acquainted. Just ignore each other if you find nothing of value to you in the others' opinions. You think Zelda is viable but your opinion is often laughed at? Who gives a s***? I don't think your life revolves around Smash enough for that to be important. If it turns out you were wrong, so what? Your life doesn't revolve around Smash enough for that to be important. You think Zelda is f**king terrible and that others thinking otherwise is stupid? Who gives an everflying f**k? Your life doesn't revolve around Smash enough for that to be important. For real, only people who are invested in the game enough to make a living out of it should be reacting the way you are, and even then it would be petty and borderline pathetic.

Seriously, kids, you're making a storm in a glass of water over petty s**t. Just chill the f**k out and stop giving so many f**ks about what people you don't know say in a public forum. Your life is gonna be much happier that way.

Sorry about all the editing you're gonna have to do, BJN sis.
NP sis - BJN

Last edited by a moderator:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Well I'll just go on the record and say that this all started because Cloud.

I'm almost 80% positive the Mako energy corrupted the hearts of everyone involved and now I depart on a deeply disheartening journey to fix these wrongs..

Also lol FullMoon FullMoon just coming in and bein' like "I just labbed this yo." <3 you never change ever udabes.

PS if anyone wants suggestions on how to deal with Cloud/optimal stuff just hit me up =).

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I just wanted to make a positive comment man.

Idk where all the passive aggressive attacks came from.

Although it's far more exciting than the ebb and flow of "how's everyone's day" the social was winging on for a few weeks, if nothing else.

Shoutouts to when we broke pages a day.

Screenshot_160124_001.jpg

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I just wanted to make a positive comment man.

Idk where all the passive aggressive attacks came from.

Although it's far more exciting than the ebb and flow of "how's everyone's day" the social was winging on for a few weeks, if nothing else.

Shoutouts to when we broke pages a day.
Are we still the biggest social technically? I never kept an eye on this metric, I'd like to know actually.....maybe I'll run it by another time and give it a look-see.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Are we still the biggest social technically? I never kept an eye on this metric, I'd like to know actually.....maybe I'll run it by another time and give it a look-see.
When I first joined it was at an okay pace. We started going 2-3 pages, then up to 5 on a daily basis.

And from what I was told back then, we were literally the only 'active' social. Active being more than 2/3 people posting once a day. Some socials go weeks between comments.

When I first joined it was at an okay pace. We started going 2-3 pages, then up to 5 on a daily basis.

And from what I was told back then, we were literally the only 'active' social. Active being more than 2/3 people posting once a day. Some socials go weeks between comments.
gorl you should've been here when we got ~20 pages DAILY

tbh it sucked when you missed a day

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Back at that time, as mod whenever I had to go out for as much as 3 hours I'd fall behind an easy 3-5 pages.

I remember when we had 20 users here a day.

when did you join the social, sisT? i can't remember
She was newer around the time we first did Hunger games sims.

Remember how greening fell in a pit during the feast one time? LOL.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Back at that time, as mod whenever I had to go out for as much as 3 hours I'd fall behind an easy 3-5 pages.

I remember when we had 20 users here a day.

She was newer around the time we first did Hunger games sims.

Remember how greening fell in a pit during the feast one time? LOL.
When you and aero were shipped

then he strangled you

Top Bottom