• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I BEAT ALL-STAR ON HARD WITH ZERO SUIT

SUCK IT ALL-STAR MODE NO ONE LIKES YOU

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Wait, what? Wii Feet has invuln frames on her hands?! Wow.

That. Is pretty awesome for her. Since at first, we all thought she was going to be not that great, but now look. She's getting better.
I think. o.o
No WiiFit's Utilt has no partial invincibilities.

That said that is her one move with a crazy sized hitbox. Like, see Zelda's Utilt reach. It's kind of like that.

Once again Macchi is sort of overblowing her "disjoints" I actually did test of my own a while ago, (when I was testing Zelda's Ftilt vs Fsmash range.) yes, various attacks "reach past" her hands, but aside like 3 of these moves the "disjoints" are virtually non-existent. 90% of the hitbox is still overlapping with a hurtbox, and none of her arms or legs reach that far.

She still has terrible overall range, but apparently people are just now talking about that a few moves DO have disjoints. Even then only a couple are interesting, like Utilt and UAir. Fsmash is not made suddenly useable by the news that it has a large disjoint.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I wish someone could hack the wii u and show the exact hitbubbles for each move. SSB4 is full of deceptive disjoints.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Swordgimper can stop Pit and African American Pit's recoveries pretty easily.
Upperdash/Electroshock? get countered!
Power of Flight? D-air into foot stool
Pits can stall for time and even recover a good chunk of the time which is why they are so hard to kill but Swordfighter can edgeguard them even if its only for damage
That's a lot more difficult then you're letting on. Unless Swordfighter can literally drop to the bottom blastzone and still make it back, he's going to have a heck of a time getting anything off.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
i saw the MK last night. It was so hype. I wish the Toon Link could've gotten to GFs though.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@LordTakeo is it weird that I mistook your avi for Blaziken?
its a blaziken gijinka so no
That's a lot more difficult then you're letting on. Unless Swordfighter can literally drop to the bottom blastzone and still make it back, he's going to have a heck of a time getting anything off.
tfw you don't have the gif of you D-airing Pit to the blast zone, footstooling him and then making it it back even though you did it once and @Project Crysis was disgusted

oh yeah i added the laughing zelda to KYM

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
@ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 ggs gorl those matchs were fun. I was expecting kirby bcuz I knew you wouldn't use Zelda in this MU. oh well. LOL Duck Hunt. So hows my Peach?
GGs sorry if I was free today lolololol. Kinda went off Kirby tbh so meh.

It's coming along, but you really need to space your aerials on shield. I got so many Screw Attacks lol. Any advice for my Samus

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
GGs sorry if I was free today lolololol. Kinda went off Kirby tbh so meh.

It's coming along, but you really need to space your aerials on shield. I got so many Screw Attacks lol. Any advice for my Samus
Idk, I really don't know much about Samus. Maybe mix-up your ledge option? You always ledge-dropped then z-dropped and I caught on later in the matches. Playing characters I have to be patient against is annoying.

Quick RE journal:

2 bullets, 3 zombies in a narrow hall way that's in the way of my progress, a ****ing herbicide which I don't know wtf to do with, a knife, and an herb

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Add :4greninja: because Hydro Pump messes with both of their recovery moves.
I'm going to say no because Greninja can't go deep enough to force them into using Uspecial before having to jump back himself, and against Sspecial it doesn't do much except if they're in a really bad position.

They have to be more careful against Greninja, but playing it smart keeps 'em safe.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm going to say no because Greninja can't go deep enough to force them into using Uspecial before having to jump back himself, and against Sspecial it doesn't do much except if they're in a really bad position.

They have to be more careful against Greninja, but playing it smart keeps 'em safe.
Greninja can go very deep what are you even talking about.

Hydro Pump makes the Pits's side-b go into uppercut animation which leaves Greninja free to hit them with whatever while they're busy spinning like a ballerina in the air.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Quick RE journal:

2 bullets, 3 zombies in a narrow hall way that's in the way of my progress, a ****ing herbicide which I don't know wtf to do with, a knife, and an herb

You might want to check out speedruns of RE. There are strats to slip safely past zombies without using ammo.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Greninja can go very deep what are you even talking about.

Hydro Pump makes the Pits's side-b go into uppercut animation which leaves Greninja free to hit them with whatever while they're busy spinning like a ballerina in the air.
All the way to the bottom blastzone? Don't think so.

Not always, and when it does we can still guide ourselves away from the stage. And it'll end slightly higher then when they started, assuming we're not shot up like what seems to happen with windboxes and recoveries, effectively reseting the situation.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just got back from my dinner.

Might have some tiramisu later tonight which a cup of tea. :yeahboi:

And I saw the pilot of Himouto! Umaru-chan. Its cute. :V

Also, would anyone be up for a few matches later today?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I might have a little time; anyone in/near the states want to wii u wifi?
NVM.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
All the way to the bottom blastzone? Don't think so.

Not always, and when it does we can still guide ourselves away from the stage. And it'll end slightly higher then when they started, assuming we're not shot up like what seems to happen with windboxes and recoveries, effectively reseting the situation.
Dude

Greninja has a top 5 recovery for a reason.

And the only time Hydro Pump won't trigger the uppercut animation is if Greninja hits Pit at the very start of the move. The windbox doesn't affect him when he does the uppercut either because Pit will reflect the water without being directly hit by it. While you're steering yourself offstage in hopes of getting to the ledge, Greninja is free to hit you with Up-Smash, F-Smash or F-Air anyway because those moves have pretty good range making it easy to hit.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Has anyone played lollipop chainsaw? People told me it's fun and the story is very comedic. Should I buy it?
You could rent it first to try it out and if there's a demo, check that out too. Videos might help. I never played it, but from what I've seen, it's like a light hack 'n' slash, so not like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, or Bayonetta where things can get extreme even on normal or God of War and Castlevania: Lord of Shadows where it's more spectacular and somewhat reliant on QTEs and area of effect combat. It's more light-hearted, funny, and plain stupid hack 'n' slash. Don't expect to be able to pull off insane combos or feeling like you're going to die all the time. There's reference and fanservice. I mean, what kind of game with a cheerleader wouldn't have fanservice?

Check out Shadows of the Damned too. It's another wacky, insane game by Suda51.

Here's the bracket by the way:

Huh, if that's the Cyro who I think he is, then he just got taken out by 2 Zelda social regulars. :p

Edit: Whoops. Clicked the wrong button.
And I saw the pilot of Himouto! Umaru-chan. Its cute. :V
This? Geez, she's like Roka from D-Frag! Being all chibi and stuff.

Dude

Greninja has a top 5 recovery for a reason.

And the only time Hydro Pump won't trigger the uppercut animation is if Greninja hits Pit at the very start of the move. The windbox doesn't affect him when he does the uppercut either because Pit will reflect the water without being directly hit by it. While you're steering yourself offstage in hopes of getting to the ledge, Greninja is free to hit you with Up-Smash, F-Smash or F-Air anyway because those moves have pretty good range making it easy to hit.
I love how the 2nd and 3rd best jumpers have the best or better recoveries in the game and the best jumper has one of the worst recoveries in the game. Thanks, developers for screwing up the hitbox and not "Wolfifying" Fire Bird. :4falco:

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
LUCAS IS MID-TIER, ZERO SAID SO!!1!11!1!!1!!11

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Huh, if that's the Cyro who I think he is, then he just got taken out by 2 Zelda social regulars. :p
I'm pretty sure that's the Cyro you're thinking, I did some looking around here in Smashboards to be sure.

I actually beat his Falco 3-0. The lack of MU knowledge really messed him up, I even got to kill him by Hydro Pumping Fire Bird twice and got an Up-Air Spike -> D-Smash kill on him.

Soul.

LUCAS IS MID-TIER, ZERO SAID SO!!1!11!1!!1!!11
lol he says Lucas can put up a fight against Sheik. Never. Not with a character that safe as Sheik.
He's kinda right, though; he's still an unexplored character and nobody knows where will he end up in a hypothetical tier list. His grab sucks buuuuut....

Top Bottom