• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Dude

Greninja has a top 5 recovery for a reason.

And the only time Hydro Pump won't trigger the uppercut animation is if Greninja hits Pit at the very start of the move. The windbox doesn't affect him when he does the uppercut either because Pit will reflect the water without being directly hit by it. While you're steering yourself offstage in hopes of getting to the ledge, Greninja is free to hit you with Up-Smash, F-Smash or F-Air anyway because those moves have pretty good range making it easy to hit.
Just did a quick test... Still not as far as Pit's. And Pit has three jumps and doesn't plummet like a brick. Pit can stall, Greninja can't. Pit even has a projectile that's usable offstage, and it just so happens to be controlable.

Why would Pit aim for the ledge after Fspecial? Doesn't put him into helplessness... After successfully hitting anything he pops up and is free to do anything, including another Fspecial, before falling back to his previous height. Spam it against Arena Ferox/Castle Siege's statues and see for yourself.

And what you're saying contradicts both my testing and experience... Not that it matters, I guess.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm pretty sure that's the Cyro you're thinking, I did some looking around here in Smashboards to be sure.

I actually beat his Falco 3-0. The lack of MU knowledge really messed him up, I even got to kill him by Hydro Pumping Fire Bird twice and got an Up-Air Spike -> D-Smash kill on him.
Let's see, the only Greninja player I know in CA is... nobody. Seriously, I can't think of any notable Greninja players. There's this one dude who pulls out a Falco and Greninja during the Showdown streams, but it's sloppy to say the least and his Greninja's okay, but that's not much when the best Greninja is aMSa. So, that leaves us with 1 notably good Greninja in a population of billions of people. Fantastic.

They uploaded the videos, so I guess you could add them to the Greninja boards if you haven't already. Behold! FullMoon vs. Dabuz!

I never really noticed the comparisons. Besides both being deformed in some cases. :V
At least Roka cares for her club.

Chibis are cute, though.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I g2g now.
Dude

Greninja has a top 5 recovery for a reason.

And the only time Hydro Pump won't trigger the uppercut animation is if Greninja hits Pit at the very start of the move. The windbox doesn't affect him when he does the uppercut either because Pit will reflect the water without being directly hit by it. While you're steering yourself offstage in hopes of getting to the ledge, Greninja is free to hit you with Up-Smash, F-Smash or F-Air anyway because those moves have pretty good range making it easy to hit.
tl;dr don't dump on the pump or Greninja will put a lump on your rump!

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Just did a quick test... Still not as far as Pit's. And Pit has three jumps and doesn't plummet like a brick. Pit can stall, Greninja can't. Pit even has a projectile that's usable offstage, and it just so happens to be controlable.

Why would Pit aim for the ledge after Fspecial? Doesn't put him into helplessness... After successfully hitting anything he pops up and is free to do anything, including another Fspecial, before falling back to his previous height. Spam it against Arena Ferox/Castle Siege's statues and see for yourself.

And what you're saying contradicts both my testing and experience... Not that it matters, I guess.
I'll admit I often forget his side-b doesn't leave him in helpless (especially when a functionally similar move like Falcon's side-b does) but most Pits I face aim for the ledge after I mess with their side-b.

Also there's a pretty big gap betwen each use of the arm, it's more than enough time for pretty much anyone to hit Pit while he's offguard.

Also Greninja also has a usable projectile offstage thanks to the fact that when firing a shuriken he does a little hop that keeps him in place instead of falling during the endlag.

Let's see, the only Greninja player I know in CA is... nobody. Seriously, I can't think of any notable Greninja players. There's this one dude who pulls out a Falco and Greninja during the Showdown streams, but it's sloppy to say the least and his Greninja's okay, but that's not much when the best Greninja is aMSa. So, that leaves us with 1 notably good Greninja in a population of billions of people. Fantastic.

They uploaded the videos, so I guess you could add them to the Greninja boards if you haven't already. Behold! FullMoon vs. Dabuz!
Nooo don't post this ;-;

I choked so hard against his Olimar and everything went downhill from there on ;-;

I g2g now.

tl;dr don't dump on the pump or Greninja will put a lump on your rump!

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
But you must learn from your failures, young FullMoon-san. :p
Yes I should learn from my failures and stop joining tournaments that last until 2 AM at my time (it started at 9 PM by the way).

And also stop going auto-pilot and getting wrecked for it but that's another matter entirely.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Anyone up for a few matches? I don't mind either Singles or Doubles.

Or I can pester @ Macchiato Macchiato to help me with some MUs. :V
And by helping me I mean become a punching bag for him.

Edit: Page steal baby! <3

Last edited:

Leinacx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2492-4409-8719
That's one of the problems I have while playing Smash. Going auto pilot all the time for some reason >_>... it's probably cause I'm not use to thinking all the time since I burn out thinking so much imao

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
When the Splatoon update comes around we need to make a squad. A sassy squad.

So....

0 hand gun ammo lmao
1 first aid spray
6 shotgun shells (hyesz)

aaand a crimson head

ok

that seems do-able. g'night

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
On another note hearing the commentators saying that Greninja is a poor man's Sheik made me want to headdesk so bad.
Hey. Hey. Hey. At least you don't get stuff like Falco's jab is slower than Fox's, Falco's Dtilt has no range, and Falco has no tools to deal with rushdowns when Falco's attacks are among the quickest not to mention the bumrush and you eat a giant disjoint by Reflector. I still remember that one match when the game pretty much came out where the commentators said Falco can't kill with anything, but Smash attacks. That's even worse than Sheik when you can only kill with 3 moves. :glare:

D

Deleted member

STOP IT, YOUR SLOWLY GETTING WORSE AT SMASH

LISTEN TO THE ZELDA GRANDMA
Honey pls. I know how I'm doing. I know where I'm at and I promise you, If I do end up losing some of my skill, I'll just work and get back to where I was. Besides, let me enjoy both games.

splatoon has clans when
It's for the hardcore Squid Kids :p

I'm in a Splatoon chat on Skype with a few peep and we decided to create a team. I'm the Blaster user on the team :p I use all Blaster types cx.

Soul.

It's for the hardcore Squid Kids :p

I'm in a Splatoon chat on Skype with a few peep and we decided to create a team. I'm the Blaster user on the team :p I use all Blaster types cx.
Oh. So they exist already. I guess they'll be more prevalent in August when the update arrives, muh Friend Matches.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I still can't decide on what weapon type I like the most. I've started using the Nzap though.

I can't wait for the bucket.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Hey. Hey. Hey. At least you don't get stuff like Falco's jab is slower than Fox's, Falco's Dtilt has no range, and Falco has no tools to deal with rushdowns when Falco's attacks are among the quickest not to mention the bumrush and you eat a giant disjoint by Reflector. I still remember that one match when the game pretty much came out where the commentators said Falco can't kill with anything, but Smash attacks. That's even worse than Sheik when you can only kill with 3 moves. :glare:
I thought everyone knew Falco's B-Air was godlike.

I mean I watched Cyro play on stream and the B-Air is so strong my goodness.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Favorite weapon is the Inkbrush, it's flat-out amazing. The Nouveau won't replace it, just the first default one forever.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
That's one of the problems I have while playing Smash. Going auto pilot all the time for some reason >_>... it's probably cause I'm not use to thinking all the time since I burn out thinking so much imao
Do what I do... Take a break from the game. Just don't play the game for at least a couple of days, this'll give you enough time to refresh and not be as "autopilot", while not being long enough to lose your skills. You may want to take a longer break if that doesn't work, perhaps play offline some against the input reading CPU's. Autopilot in fighting games will never help you unless everyone you run into has the same playstyle. I actually do think fighting CPU's will help get you off of it since they don't fight at all like humans. You'll have to change your strategy and exploit their non-human behavior, which will get you thinking again.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Yes really, my friend.
Screen shot 2015-07-27 at 12.52.16 PM.png

SMH Roy users trying to question the sass

Leinacx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2492-4409-8719
Do what I do... Take a break from the game. Just don't play the game for at least a couple of days, this'll give you enough time to refresh and not be as "autopilot", while not being long enough to lose your skills. You may want to take a longer break if that doesn't work, perhaps play offline some against the input reading CPU's. Autopilot in fighting games will never help you unless everyone you run into has the same playstyle. I actually do think fighting CPU's will help get you off of it since they don't fight at all like humans. You'll have to change your strategy and exploit their non-human behavior, which will get you thinking again.
Ahh I'll try that out. But like I said before I'm not use to thinking all the time plus I'm new to fighting games but I'll try fighting against CPUs. Thanks ^_^ <3

Top Bottom