• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

@ Berserker. Berserker. Is there any reason not to use Power Vision, at all?

Also, I just rewatched Golden Time and my feels fell apart again.... I can't get over that anime.... I really want to get to read the novel now and see if it is any different.
Actually, there isn't a reason but people keep saying **** like, "Power vision won the tournament"

Although I try to ignore that crap, even I'm beginning to feel like I've become way too dependent on power vision. So much, I'm more relaxed and sloppy in the neutral because I can easily steal a stock via power vision

Then again, I say things all the time. I said that I'd go Shulk but I went Kirby out of no where instead (and did well). I may be saying atm that I'd go 1111 but for all I know, I may suddenly use power vision because play2win. I guess. My mind changes really fast.

About Golden Time, I'm too weak and I'm scared of having my feels fall apart again like last time. Lol

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
someone that actually watches anime should tell me where that gif is from

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Plus you got :4greninja:'d

This is a sad day for you.
It was right underneath the post
How'd I miss that
OH I know, bad font colors :yeahboi:

Actually, there isn't a reason but people keep saying **** like, "Power vision won the tournament"

Although I try to ignore that crap, even I'm beginning to feel like I've become way too dependent on power vision. So much, I'm more relaxed and sloppy in the neutral because I can easily steal a stock via power vision

Then again, I say things all the time. I said that I'd go Shulk but I went Kirby out of no where instead (and did well). I may be saying atm that I'd go 1111 but for all I know, I may suddenly use power vision because play2win. I guess. My mind changes really fast.

About Golden Time, I'm too weak and I'm scared of having my feels fall apart again like last time. Lol
Lol that's how I feel.when I use custom Villager. Then I realize I don't care and abuse EBT (not on the ledge, that's bad).

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah. I searched out of curiosity also once kyo posted the name

11/10 imo

also, the posts and nitpicks about the stats in the samus frame data thread are interesting

also RE: Samus thread:

[1:13:34 PM] Jesse James: there were some very interesting things said to me in the samus frame data thread
[1:13:40 PM] Jesse James: I will highlight some of them:
[1:14:02 PM] Jesse James: "She's a heavyweight combo/tech-chase character, it's become increasingly clear over the months that was the design intent, that's her niche."
[1:14:51 PM] Jesse James: "if Shulk is max difficulty Samus is definitely max difficulty too "
[1:15:23 PM] Jesse James: "up-air is definitely a combo-breaker, watch any of my videos for proof, and Samus does not actually get comboed easily because of the floaty mechanic"
[1:16:06 PM] Jesse James: "LOL I just broke through Captain Falcon's jab and Robin's wind jab with upair, and I've even broken Samus's fair with samus's upair before (hitbox placement must have been wonky). You can't tell me upair isn't a combo breaker when I can rely on that thing as a get-out-of-jail-free card."
[1:18:30 PM] Jesse James: "Samus has OK approach options. Dash attack"
[1:18:50 PM] Cameron: its basically falcons!
[1:19:00 PM] Jesse James: it basically is
[1:22:36 PM] Jesse James: actually the same guy who said dash attack was a good approach option also said
[1:22:43 PM] Jesse James: that slow run to dtilt
[1:22:49 PM] Jesse James: was also a good approach option
[1:22:54 PM] Cameron: wtf is slow run
[1:23:16 PM] Jesse James: i dont know
[1:23:23 PM] Cameron: does he perhaps mean
[1:23:24 PM] Cameron: walk
[1:23:38 PM] Jesse James: oh
[1:23:42 PM] Jesse James: is that what it was?
[1:23:54 PM] Jesse James: so samus' second best approach option
[1:23:58 PM] Jesse James: is walk > dtilt
[1:24:00 PM] Jesse James: ok.
[1:24:11 PM] Jesse James: i see no problems here

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I'm doing an online tournament tomorrow, I don't think it'll end well but I'm gonna try. It's only the second one I've done, the first one was the thing I did when I was still here.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

[1:13:34 PM] Jesse James: there were some very interesting things said to me in the samus frame data thread
[1:14:02 PM] Jesse James: "She's a heavyweight combo/tech-chase character, it's become increasingly clear over the months that was the design intent, that's her niche."
[1:14:51 PM] Jesse James: "if Shulk is max difficulty Samus is definitely max difficulty too "
[1:15:23 PM] Jesse James: "up-air is definitely a combo-breaker, watch any of my videos for proof, and Samus does not actually get comboed easily because of the floaty mechanic"
[1:16:06 PM] Jesse James: "LOL I just broke through Captain Falcon's jab and Robin's wind jab with upair, and I've even broken Samus's fair with samus's upair before (hitbox placement must have been wonky). You can't tell me upair isn't a combo breaker when I can rely on that thing as a get-out-of-jail-free card."
[1:22:36 PM] Jesse James: actually the same guy who said dash attack was a good approach option also said
You owe me one (1) brandy and a monitor cleaning.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
To interject, is it possible that instead of walking they actually mean that thing that happens when you hold the control stick diagonally while running? Where you actually do a slower run then usual?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

This Samus thread slightly concerns me.

Surprisingly among the generally perceived low tiers, Samus is one of the few characters with actual results (choz0ks, our lord and savior xyr0)

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Oh? Do tell.

If it's because of ledgesnap vulnerability there's counterplay I haven't seen applied yet. You can hold down to not snap with FW so the hitbox comes out for example, and if you snap to the ledge from above its height you don't have vulnerability during the snap - something that only teleport recoveries can safely exploit for a fully invincible recovery from offstage to ledge.
I do this all the time

It's amazing yea =3

The thing is you have to be smart with it & don't be too predictable
Yes I saw that anti-trump vid but that's a terrible idea as Zelda. It'll work once and that's it and honestly Zelda will not always be in a position to recover from above. This is especially considering how anybody with a pinch of guts can easily punish Zelda's Farore's startup. Like it is actually so easy for anybody with a bit of range to do this. It's like Ness' punishable recovery except a bit harder to hit. I think most Zeldas recover in the same way and are likely not familiar with having it punished in both the startup and the ledge snap. You can probably see how Zelda recovers a few times then punish the startup with a meteor the next time.

Also, it is difficult to safely appear above the ledge. You must be directly below the ledge... any variation from the direct vertical trajectory WILL result in Zelda's death (in other words, "recovering" this way is not nearly as free as it normally is where you can just hold up on an angled stage and somehow snap the ledge). I mean it's not hard in practise but when there's actual pressure it can impact your performance. It takes a lot of practise because if you appear too high, it's a free punish.

(All tested on Wii U btw. Yes I'm in the Zelda lab a lot, and yes I have some secrets :))

Sigh at the fact that there is more Greninja and Falco metagame development and discussion in this thread than Zelda.

I have edited this post probably 15 times.
You can do it diagonally as well, but it is harder & you will need to be in a spot where you get to the ledge with max distance FW (& very slightly undershoot it).

Mixing this up & going to the ledge normally makes it harder to edgeguard Zelda so it's p important.

Top Bottom