• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
is it bad that I've literally been lurking this thread since the mopcina raid

is it bad since I don't even main sass queen Zelda

is iT
That avatar goes perfect with everything you said.

Also only like 40% of the people here main Zelda so you're good.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I feel like I'm a peasant who just walked into a party full of elite royals and I feel so small right now.

I honestly expected to be jumped because I main GASP.... cosplaying Zelda.
I've fixed that for you. ;)

Edit: Page steal.

This page is dedicated to this gif.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Recorded all my replays with a camera (because lol no capture card) in case the Lucas patch brings balance changes and thus makes the replays corrupt.

I probably have enough Zelda stuff to make yet another compilation for her, but for some odd reason, I haven't done the classic Dthrow -> Nair -> Bair/Fair in a VERY LONG TIME on a real opponent. ; w ;

Also all my ZSS clips are Bthrow -> DownB and even though I do it all the time I always save it until I realize my vault is flooded with this stupid lame stuff oops.
Wait what setup do you use? How many game cases do you stack to get the full Gamepad screen?

(In case you were wondering that's how I record my 3ds replays)

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Wait what setup do you use? How many game cases do you stack to get the full Gamepad screen?

(In case you were wondering that's how I record my 3ds replays)
I put my camera on my music stand which is the perfect height to record my TV lmao I'm soooo pro tbh :^)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I feel like I'm a peasant who just walked into a party full of elite royals and I feel so small right now.

I honestly expected to be jumped because I main GASP.... ninja Zelda.
meh
6210098.png

and comparing zelda social to royalty... Well I give you one thing we aren't ordinary

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Sinister Slush said:
The number 21 makes me think of 2 things.
1st being the legal age to drink, 2nd Snake''s ftilt damage.
I'm loling

Re: Peach customs

Sleepy Toad seems pretty good to me. IIRC the knockback on an aerial opponent is pretty solid, enough to gimp weaker recoveries especially since it's horizontal. Default is good though and it can do 18% which is crazy. Apparently :4gaw: can bucket it though (not sure how that'll happen in a real game though lol). I like Rising Bomber, especially on stages with platforms. IIRC it doesn't snap to ledges which sucks. Flower Bomber has no range. I'd almost always take default Parasol, it's such a good move and can kill if push comes to shove. The other two lack hitboxes I believe, though I'd likely opt for Parasol High Jump just for edgeguarding. Light Parasol is weird, though it technically gives you the most distance (you can go under FD with it). All Veggies have their merits. Heavy Veggie likely deserves a bit more look. Its slow pull time is terrible but it essentially gives you a dangerous pressure tool, similar to Weighted Header, as a throwable item, and it makes a great mixup with her float.

Okay characters I need more practice against:

:4gaw:
Hi

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

I honestly expected to be jumped because I main GASP.... ninja Zelda.
you like play the better Zelda :/

All of the scrub Peaches seem to think that float dair is a good approach, so they'll literally floaty across the stage at you while dairing. It's pretty lol-worthy.

Dair is a good move, but as I said, it should be used sparingly. Dair makes the Zelda MU extremely easy and I still have nightmares from facing your Peach on 3DS. Peach's Brawl aerials were great and I'd trade SSB4's aerials for Brawl's in a heartbeat.
I would honestly trade her down smash with Melee's. There was no reason her down smash did like 40 and could set up kill combos.

@ Kofu Kofu

Hm. That was actually my sig for like er... 2 or 3 days. Or 1. Whatever.

Edit: I'm talking about Slush's quote about 21 btw

Last edited:
That's where I found it :V
Lol

I saw it in the Snake support thread in the character discussion. I still want Snake in. It kinda sucks that if he gets in, I'll have to say bye bye to his lolhitquadrilaterals being the size of 2 charizards. I also doubt that they'll keep Snake's f-tilt the way it was in Brawl :^(

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So I was about to post about how I couldn't find any good FG players today. Then I pick Mac as my opponent picks Mario (which is kind of a frustrating MU for him) and he manages to beat me thanks to a lag-aided FLUDD and Cape gimp. Kinda salty but whatever.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I was about to post about how I couldn't find any good FG players today. Then I pick Mac as my opponent picks Mario (which is kind of a frustrating MU for him) and he manages to beat me thanks to a lag-aided FLUDD and Cape gimp. Kinda salty but whatever.
Hey, at least you didn't have to suffer like shofu against this... thing. At least he got two good fights after, but not knowing Peach well enough does make shofu's performance less than stellar.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I see a very dark future for those that rely on teleport recoveries.
Oh? Do tell.

If it's because of ledgesnap vulnerability there's counterplay I haven't seen applied yet. You can hold down to not snap with FW so the hitbox comes out for example, and if you snap to the ledge from above its height you don't have vulnerability during the snap - something that only teleport recoveries can safely exploit for a fully invincible recovery from offstage to ledge.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
oh new person
no clue who you are.
@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght prob has info about you though
because he's good at weird things
Is @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght some super detective who profiles newbies or something? Because for some reason I am totally okay with this.
I kind of want your perspectives on people and the thread in general. It would be interesting to see what it's like from the outside not interacting.
You know how when you meet your idol, or see someone attractive in general, you're just so captivated by their presence, but you can't bring yourself to go up to them and tell them how you feel? All you can do is appreciate them from afar.

That's what it felt like when I lurked this thread without signing up. This sanctuary of ultimate sass and its beautiful people amazed me with their humour and high skill with various characters in this game. They talked about things that interested me, and being a member of some other, much more inferior forums, the people of such inferior forums were no longer fun to talk to.

But as I kept reading through each page of this social... I felt like I was missing out on so much. I wanted to say something, but I couldn't, because I feared I would be out of place here. But it wasn't enough to just watch the beautiful people of this social from a distance.

I wanted to be a gorl.
I've fixed that for you. ;)
thank

In other news, have I mentioned that I've literally read every single page of this thread up to now?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
  • [2015-06-11 2:41am] dabuz hmmm
  • [2015-06-11 2:41am] dabuz so you're REALLY good at punishing any sort of air movement
  • [2015-06-11 2:41am] dabuz like, disgustingly good
  • [2015-06-11 2:41am] FullMoon Really?
  • [2015-06-11 2:42am] dabuz i feel like going into the air is just asking to be smacked
  • [2015-06-11 2:42am] dabuz even as an evasive tool
  • [2015-06-11 2:42am] FullMoon Funny I often think I let my opponent land too easily
  • [2015-06-11 2:42am] dabuz nooooooooooo
  • [2015-06-11 2:42am] dabuz haha
  • [2015-06-11 2:42am] dabuz because even if i land
  • [2015-06-11 2:42am] dabuz i never get to land safely
According to Dabuz my main problem is that I overcommit too much and I have to work on my landings.

I only took two games off him because he didn't know he could safely use Gravity Pull on Shifting Shuriken if Luma is there to cover his back lol.

But it's funny that apparently I'm really good at smacking people around in the air.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh? Do tell.

If it's because of ledgesnap vulnerability there's counterplay I haven't seen applied yet. You can hold down to not snap with FW so the hitbox comes out for example, and if you snap to the ledge from above its height you don't have vulnerability during the snap - something that only teleport recoveries can safely exploit for a fully invincible recovery from offstage to ledge.
Yes I saw that anti-trump vid but that's a terrible idea as Zelda. It'll work once and that's it and honestly Zelda will not always be in a position to recover from above. This is especially considering how anybody with a pinch of guts can easily punish Zelda's Farore's startup. Like it is actually so easy for anybody with a bit of range to do this. It's like Ness' punishable recovery except a bit harder to hit. I think most Zeldas recover in the same way and are likely not familiar with having it punished in both the startup and the ledge snap. You can probably see how Zelda recovers a few times then punish the startup with a meteor the next time.

Also, it is difficult to safely appear above the ledge. You must be directly below the ledge... any variation from the direct vertical trajectory WILL result in Zelda's death (in other words, "recovering" this way is not nearly as free as it normally is where you can just hold up on an angled stage and somehow snap the ledge). I mean it's not hard in practise but when there's actual pressure it can impact your performance. It takes a lot of practise because if you appear too high, it's a free punish.

(All tested on Wii U btw. Yes I'm in the Zelda lab a lot, and yes I have some secrets :))

Sigh at the fact that there is more Greninja and Falco metagame development and discussion in this thread than Zelda.

I have edited this post probably 15 times.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
night all
The off perspective in this secretly bothers me. (reflections are not the image flipped vertically, it should show Zelda's front side)
someone noticed... excellent writhe in pain

Wow. I almost forgot, I have a tournament tomorrow.... will go all 1111 Shulk unless certain "things" happen

Don't feel like I need to practice for this one. I just need to play mid-range, use safe footsies to download them habits, and punish.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Wow. I almost forgot, I have a tournament tomorrow.... will go all 1111 Shulk unless certain "things" happen

Don't feel like I need to practice for this one. I just need to play mid-range, use safe footsies to download them habits, and punish.
Good luck at the tournament.

I might have to jank Sheik players out with Extreme arts and power vision but I hope I don't have to use those customs. Ick.

Seriously, I'll try not to use 'em

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
According to Dabuz my main problem is that I overcommit too much and I have to work on my landings.

I only took two games off him because he didn't know he could safely use Gravity Pull on Shifting Shuriken if Luma is there to cover his back lol.

But it's funny that apparently I'm really good at smacking people around in the air.
Dabuz is a really neat guy. His choice of characters is a bit frustrating, but he's a great player and seems to enjoy sparring a lot. I vaguely remember when he was in the old OTL and, AFAIK, he didn't go to offline tournaments yet. Could be wrong though.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
@ Berserker. Berserker. Is there any reason not to use Power Vision, at all?

Also, I just rewatched Golden Time and my feels fell apart again.... I can't get over that anime.... I really want to get to read the novel now and see if it is any different.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Sigh at the fact that there is more Greninja and Falco metagame development and discussion in this thread than Zelda.
Is there even any Greninja metagame talk here other than me making a small comment here and there? I mean I'm one of the only Greninja mains here lol.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Is @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght some super detective who profiles newbies or something? Because for some reason I am totally okay with this.

You know how when you meet your idol, or see someone attractive in general, you're just so captivated by their presence, but you can't bring yourself to go up to them and tell them how you feel? All you can do is appreciate them from afar.

That's what it felt like when I lurked this thread without signing up. This sanctuary of ultimate sass and its beautiful people amazed me with their humour and high skill with various characters in this game. They talked about things that interested me, and being a member of some other, much more inferior forums, the people of such inferior forums were no longer fun to talk to.

But as I kept reading through each page of this social... I felt like I was missing out on so much. I wanted to say something, but I couldn't, because I feared I would be out of place here. But it wasn't enough to just watch the beautiful people of this social from a distance.

I wanted to be a gorl.

thank

In other news, have I mentioned that I've literally read every single page of this thread up to now?
You read every page? Are you dead?!

Top Bottom