• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
All of the scrub Peaches seem to think that float dair is a good approach, so they'll literally floaty across the stage at you while dairing. It's pretty lol-worthy.

Dair is a good move, but as I said, it should be used sparingly. Dair makes the Zelda MU extremely easy and I still have nightmares from facing your Peach on 3DS. Peach's Brawl aerials were great and I'd trade SSB4's aerials for Brawl's in a heartbeat.
Hmmm I try to mix up my approach. My main approaches are

Turnip to aerial.
Float Dair
Float Nair then drop float and go backwards right away
Float bair then drop float and go backwards right away
Run up then QFR and wait for them to do something
Float then I drop the float and grab

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Considering you can spotdodge the unblockable hit of Palutena's Explosive Flame after shielding the rest I have no reason to believe you couldn't do the same with the phantom.
So basically Phantom doesn't even get the benefit of good shield damage at full charge as long as the the opponent isn't roll glory lel.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I went and responded as well, further putting down Phantom breaker for being a failure at breaking shields. :secretkpop:

I'm was gonna go check, but before I do, does anyone already know if it's possible to spot-dodge hit 2 of full charge Phantom after blocking hit 1? I've done it when the Phantom was being returned by a villager, but that has like, triple the hit-lag, likely making the window to do so a lot bigger.
Interesting, that custom usually doesn't fail to break my opponents shields when I play. Although, it may just be my opponents not knowing how to deal with that move.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Considering you can spotdodge the unblockable hit of Palutena's Explosive Flame after shielding the rest I have no reason to believe you couldn't do the same with the phantom.
Shield stun allowing it to be a true block string or have less than a 3f window where they can spot dodge? (Spotdodges are almost universally f3, right?)

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I wish Heavenly Light actually did something. The windbox is barely even there so the only use it'd possibly have in gimping Ness and Little Mac barely works. SAKURAI PLS

@ RedCap-BlueSpikes RedCap-BlueSpikes Do you know if a short hop fast fall spaced bair is safe on shield? And if uair is disjointed or not?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Shield stun allowing it to be a true block string or have less than a 3f window where they can spot dodge? (Spotdodges are almost universally f3, right?)
spotdodges range from 2-4f for first invincible frame

i dunno what the window to spotdodge is or if certain characters can't do it, I just know it's a thing

@ RedCap-BlueSpikes RedCap-BlueSpikes Do you know if a short hop fast fall spaced bair is safe on shield? And if uair is disjointed or not?
uair is disjointed

I don't think bair is safe on shield but don't quote me on that, I'm always surprised by its reach so it might be fine spaced

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I wonder how salty Street Fighter fans that hate on Smash will get if Ryu getting in as DLC becomes a thing.

I can already imagine the dumb comments.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Pretty sure it's safe against some characters. If they have a fast grab with good range (Mega Man) you can forget about it. And yeah, U-air's disjointed. Trades with Link's D-air when used directly below him and beats it outright if you're just a little to the side. It beats Bowser Bomb sometimes, too.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Tested dodging full charged Phantom hit 2 after blocking hit 1, it was super possible against ALL variations, smh. I'm pretty sure you could even roll away in the same window and Zelda wouldn't be able to punish you for it at all SMH.

I mean like, we end up doing research not to advance Zelda's metagame, but to expose every exploit in her rather flawed designs. :secretkpop:

Speaking of flaws, I found the first instance so far where you can force someone to fall out of Usmash. (At least, in the 3DS.) If you stand exactly up against a Pikachu and you're both facing each other Pikachu will will fall out of an Usmash used then 100% of the time. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Tested dodging full charged Phantom hit 2 after blocking hit 1, it was super possible against ALL variations, smh. I'm pretty sure you could even roll away in the same window and Zelda wouldn't be able to punish you for it at all SMH.

I mean like, we end up doing research not to advance Zelda's metagame, but to expose every exploit in her rather flawed designs. :secretkpop:

Speaking of flaws, I found the first instance so far where you can force someone to fall out of Usmash. (At least, in the 3DS.) If you stand exactly up against a Pikachu and you're both facing each other Pikachu will will fall out of an Usmash used then 100% of the time. :secretkpop:
Usmash semi spikes

Meta advancement

I did this to @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I wish Heavenly Light actually did something. The windbox is barely even there so the only use it'd possibly have in gimping Ness and Little Mac barely works. SAKURAI PLS
It's basically easylife for Trophy Rush :secretkpop:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I freaking love haircuts.

Do any of you guys have ASMR?

Do any of you even know what that is?

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Yeah, this is me when I try to find new techs for several characters. Although, I did find something interesting recently but I don't really see much use in it.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ BJN39 BJN39 I can't replicate the usmash thing on the Wii U no matter how close I am to Pikachu, no matter what percent, he always stays in usmash
Really? I guess somethings can turn up different between versions.

So you were:

- Point-blank (Like, if you move he's pushed with you.)
- Facing each other
- Uncharged Usmash (I tried it at random different percents.)

Maybe I'll look into it on the 3DS again to make sure I've got everything here right.

EDIT : Oh yeah I was using another player who was doing absolutely no inputs as well. If you were using a test mode dummy they may DI the hits and change the outcome.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Whats an ASMR?
It's when you get a tingling in your head or neck or for me, my back when you hear certain sounds (mostly) but can can happen as a result of all your senses. It's super relaxing for me. Things that trigger my ASMR are whispering and like knife sharpening and different tapping noises.

Look up ASMR videos on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fifth result after searching ASMR is video of a lady whispering about a clothing haul or something. Thanks, Google.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Fifth result after searching ASMR is video of a lady whispering about a clothing haul or something. Thanks, Google.
Yup!

They whisper about anything and everything. I like Heather Feather a lot.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I use default, but occasionally I use 2111. I find that her default moves are better than her customs.
Personally, I like 2222

Sleepy Toad just feels better imo
All the bombers are equally as good, but I like Flower Bomber
High Parasol Jump gives her one of the best all around recovery due to her float already being a great horizontal recovery
Light Veggies is just interesting

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It's when you get a tingling in your head or neck or for me, my back when you hear certain sounds (mostly) but can can happen as a result of all your senses. It's super relaxing for me. Things that trigger my ASMR are whispering and like knife sharpening and different tapping noises.

Look up ASMR videos on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.
This ASMR video is a must-see (or hear, I guess).

I actually found out about ASMR last year but it never worked for me. It's kinda relaxing, though.

Personally, I like 2222

Sleepy Toad just feels better imo
All the bombers are equally as good, but I like Flower Bomber
High Parasol Jump gives her one of the best all around recovery due to her float already being a great horizontal recovery
Light Veggies is just interesting
Sleepy Toad has more lag or something; I can't remember what it was, but it has a drawback. High Parasol Jump takes away the floating with her parasol, so I don't like it. Light Veggies are too weak for me and you'll basically never kill with them, so I avoid using them. They're not even faster to pluck, so there's not too much reason to use them imo. All of the bombers are kinda meh imo, but at least default goes the farthest.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Really? I guess somethings can turn up different between versions.

So you were:

- Point-blank (Like, if you move he's pushed with you.)
- Facing each other
- Uncharged Usmash (I tried it at random different percents.)

Maybe I'll look into it on the 3DS again to make sure I've got everything here right.

EDIT : Oh yeah I was using another player who was doing absolutely no inputs as well. If you were using a test mode dummy they may DI the hits and change the outcome.
Yep, I did it with all of those conditions. I tested it on a training CPU and they didn't escape but I just tried it again with it set to control (aka no inputs) and he still stayed in it all the time

Top Bottom