• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

warionumbah2

Smash Master
-SF4 fanboy being inferior
I heard that the SF players weren't welcoming to the smash players in one of the EVO's, i recon it hasn't changed even now.

I never liked SF4 but I guess he feels cool cuz he plays a harder game, I could easily go ham on that turd for playing SF4 which is basically the sm4sh of the series.

To him. Easy = Kids.

SF4 dumbed down to cater to casual players since SF3 didn't sell well(prime example of a game catering to the hardcore gamers too much). The skill barrier for SF3 was insane but once you were in its fun as hell...that's once you're IN that is lol.

So basically SF4 is the kiddies edition while SF3 is for 'big boys'. SF4 fans remain foolish, when bashing a game that's basically the same but has less 'kiddy characters' instead men with huge feet and hands and women with ugly eyes and over the top muscles(but Sm4sh is admittedly easy as hell compared to the latter).

no and Smashladder people are much worse
Is it ranked? Stop playing ranked, you gain nothing from it honestly. I get alot of hate because i camp alot, but i tell them 'stop using slow ass characters against me' then they dip after cursing me out.

Anthers ladder has better players but that doesn't mean they're pleasant, some are arrogant and alot of them are sore losers and it really shows during gameplay.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
how I feel zelda mains look at other people's mains, cept older

shout outs to north north america

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Well...why don't you stop going on there? You can find plenty of good people on Smashboards to play. How often do you find those bad people on Smashladder tho?
2/5
Is it ranked? Stop playing ranked, you gain nothing from it honestly. I get alot of hate because i camp alot, but i tell them 'stop using slow *** characters against me' then they dip after cursing me out.

Anthers ladder has better players but that doesn't mean they're pleasant, some are arrogant and alot of them are sore losers and it really shows during gameplay.
Yeah but I'll just probably stop and ask for matches on here or skype friends/groups. I get things like "Woooow you literally spam dair with peach" Well I'm sorry I use peach right.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
2/5

Yeah but I'll just probably stop and ask for matches on here or skype friends/groups. I get things like "Woooow you literally spam dair with peach" Well I'm sorry I use peach right.
LOL that's like saying "wow you spam jab with Palutena" "wow you spam Luma with Rosalina"
I think you should probably stay away from there Macchi.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
js that peach's dair has a slow start-up and long duration, meaning it's really only an effective tactic online because you'll get punished for spamming it in any other scenario against a good player.

dair should not be the move the defines peach

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
js that peach's dair has a slow start-up and long duration, meaning it's really only an effective tactic online because you'll get punished for spamming it in any other scenario against a good player.

A lot of people just don't know the MU because of how rare she is. It starts on frame 12 which is pretty decent.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
A lot of people just don't know the MU because of how rare she is. It starts on frame 12 which is pretty decent.
frame 12 isn't very good; even zelda's jab is faster. i do agree that a lot of it has to do with no one playing peach because she's difficult to use and a lot of people are intimidated by her. we don't even have a notable (and active) player representing her.

dair definitely is a good move, but i don't think it should something peaches heavily rely on

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
frame 12 isn't very good; even zelda's jab is faster. i do agree that a lot of it has to do with no one playing peach because she's difficult to use and a lot of people are intimidated by her. we don't even have a notable (and active) player representing her.

dair definitely is a good move, but i don't think it should something peach's heavily rely on
Idk why but they like never shield it ever. Or they shield it and shield drop in the middle of it. I'm not sure when we'll have good rep. @Slayerz_ @Nicole and @Dark.Pch were our rep. Slayerz doesn't go to many tournaments. Nicole went to ZSS. Dark Pch doesn't go to tournaments anymore which I totally understand why. But really though, I use dair nair and fair a lot. I should work on my turnip game more tbh.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
2/5

peach's dair is officially my second or third favorite aerial

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Just played two really bad players on FG. And I don't mean "rolled around a lot and spammed projectiles" bad, I mean "didn't really know enough about the game to really he playing FG" bad. The first one I almost never took over 40% and I died it was because I went YOLO (though I took about 100% as Greninja). The second person was better but predictable.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Idk why but they like never shield it ever. Or they shield it and shield drop in the middle of it. I'm not sure when we'll have good rep. @Slayerz_ @Nicole and @Dark.Pch were our rep. Slayerz doesn't go to many tournaments. Nicole went to ZSS. Dark Pch doesn't go to tournaments anymore which I totally understand why. But really though, I use dair nair and fair a lot. I should work on my turnip game more tbh.
I use nair and bair a lot. Fair is something I try to use sparingly, but i think I use it a bit too much.

My turnip game needs a lot of work too and they're so important because they really help with approaching and stuffing approaches. Turnips are great in general.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

frame 12 isn't necessarily terrible but other characters have faster aerials or ones that can hit peach from underneath or around Dair. its not brawl Dair but float Dair still can ass out other bad characters who don't have options to deal with it or the options after it like Rob and Zelda still have a hard time with float Dair. approaching with float Dair is bad but done in close proximity or off of a read and her Dair is still good in this game just not amazing like Brawl.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
frame 12 isn't necessarily terrible but other characters have faster aerials or ones that can hit peach from underneath or around Dair. its not brawl Dair but float Dair still can *** out other bad characters who don't have options to deal with it or the options after it like Rob and Zelda still have a hard time with float Dair. approaching with float Dair is bad but done in close proximity or off of a read and her Dair is still good in this game just not amazing like Brawl.
All of the scrub Peaches seem to think that float dair is a good approach, so they'll literally floaty across the stage at you while dairing. It's pretty lol-worthy.

Dair is a good move, but as I said, it should be used sparingly. Dair makes the Zelda MU extremely easy and I still have nightmares from facing your Peach on 3DS. Peach's Brawl aerials were great and I'd trade SSB4's aerials for Brawl's in a heartbeat.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Tbh if I was the gurl I would be getting the candles out ;)
Candle flames can't melt steel beams Conor!

@ Lorde Lorde

Where's the fun in being yourself?
Myself is a boring adult who spends his free time talking to strangers who absolutely adore him for his impeccable wit and is ridiculously handsome and is a genius.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Why does Paletuna's ftilt do so much shield damage??? It destroys shields and it's kinda weird.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The Zelda Social infects... Click the little up arrow to go to the quoted post.
Shield breaking with Zelda would be greaT if she had any sort of pressure or a projectile that functions in neutral. SH lightning kicks are not safe on block.

Who's racking up damage with din's candle and the blind spoT phantom? Gorl pls. :secretkpop:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Seems like I'll be going to an online tourney on the 18th, and a local on the 20th. Gotta step up my game and practice a bit more.

I still find hilarious that elitists of the fighting game community think very lowly of Smash where honestly, Smash 4 is as close as USF4, a "true fighting game" as it gets. Heck, it's probably even more challenging and perhaps more exciting to watch, imp. Neutral game is so difficult in both games and requires plenty of mental power. You also have to worry about other things like off-stage game, and mixups and the like do exist, but I guess those people never seem to make sense smh

tbh your ZSS is one of the best I've played. You just need to work on a few little things with her and I think you should continue playing her
She'll still be my secondary for sure, but I'm probably going to take a break from her and take some notes from Nairo and the like. I'll send you a replay with my Zelda against @Matsushi's ZSS who I believe has a much better ZSS and see me struggle in the MU. :p

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
All of the scrub Peaches seem to think that float dair is a good approach, so they'll literally floaty across the stage at you while dairing. It's pretty lol-worthy.

Dair is a good move, but as I said, it should be used sparingly. Dair makes the Zelda MU extremely easy and I still have nightmares from facing your Peach on 3DS. Peach's Brawl aerials were great and I'd trade SSB4's aerials for Brawl's in a heartbeat.
brawl peach is better than smash 4 peach lol. dair after a turnip is an ok approach cause of coverage Dair alone not so much

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
The Zelda Social infects... Click the little up arrow to go to the quoted post.
Couldn't resist. And it was obviously for my gorls here. When someone says they rack up damage with Zelda's various projectiles, someone has to say something.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Couldn't resist. And it was obviously for my gorls here. When someone says they rack up damage with Zelda's various projectiles, someone has to say something.
I went and responded as well, further putting down Phantom breaker for being a failure at breaking shields. :secretkpop:

I'm was gonna go check, but before I do, does anyone already know if it's possible to spot-dodge hit 2 of full charge Phantom after blocking hit 1? I've done it when the Phantom was being returned by a villager, but that has like, triple the hit-lag, likely making the window to do so a lot bigger.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm was gonna go check, but before I do, does anyone already know if it's possible to spot-dodge hit 2 of full charge Phantom after blocking hit 1?
Considering you can spotdodge the unblockable hit of Palutena's Explosive Flame after shielding the rest I have no reason to believe you couldn't do the same with the phantom.

Top Bottom