• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just saw Lavani's air dodge/roll frame data.

... Why the hell is Greninja the only character that has different frame data for forward and back roll, and why is his back roll so much worse?

This character man. He just doesn't work the same way as the rest of the game.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A Yoshi just naird out of Macchi's jab combo. Why >_>
Yoshi, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Little Mac, and I think (Dr.) Mario can all interrupt jab combos with Nair or in Jigglypuff's case: Rest and either Fair or Bair, and I'm pretty sure can Little Mac Slip Counter during jab combos. Fox and Falco can jab back during the other's jab combo, Captain Falcon despite having a slightly slower jab can jab through Fox's which makes his jab cancel moot if the Capt. knows about it while Falco's can be interrupted before rapid jab starts. ZSS and Little Mac can do this too since they have the fastest jabs and I think Yoshi, (Dr.) Mario and, Luigi can jab back as well if they're somehow still on the ground. Marth and Lucina can also Dolphin Slash during jabs. And then there's Rosalina and Luma...

Edit: Jabs are basically unsafe on shield, during jab combos, and everything else unless your name happens to be Captain Falcon which is incredibly stupid. I think Mega Man can jab/Ftilt/Nair to interrupt jabs and Sonic can Spring Jump them?

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Yoshi, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Little Mac, and I think (Dr.) Mario can all interrupt jab combos with Nair or in Jigglypuff's case: Rest and either Fair or Bair, and I'm pretty sure can Little Mac Slip Counter during jab combos. Fox and Falco can jab back during the other's jab combo, Captain Falcon despite having a slightly slower jab can jab through Fox's which makes his jab cancel moot if the Capt. knows about it while Falco's can be interrupted before rapid jab starts. ZSS and Little Mac can do this too since they have the fastest jabs and I think Yoshi, (Dr.) Mario and, Luigi can jab back as well if they're somehow still on the ground. Marth and Lucina can also Dolphin Slash during jabs. And then there's Rosalina and Luma...
Well I mean I know why it actually happens, but I'm just saying why Sakurai? Thanks for the great game design

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
:rosalina: confirmed to be a Dolphin
Or a seal. Someone Photoshop her face here. :p

Well I mean I know why it actually happens, but I'm just saying why Sakurai? Thanks for the great game design
Jabs are supposed to be the safest move in fighting games and in real life, but outside of Captain Falcon, Fox, ZSS, Little Mac, and maybe Yoshi, everyone is screwed. Let's not even mention Meta Knight's jab. Meanwhile, Diddy's Dtilt, Little Mac's Dtilt, Sheik's Fair and Ftilt?, and Rosalina positioning Luma to sandwich you in.

Maybe there should have been a specific IASA frame that only allows you to run or walk away since lowered IASA on everyone would basically lead to jab cancel grab, jab again, or whatever which is probably what the devs were against as SSB4 would become Super Jab Bros. For Jab.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Nostalgia and internet winning in the same post.

Your competition is now non-existent.

Nice job. :ness:
You can fit a lot of things in a post that large, let's be fair.

That said thank you kindly.

<colorful irrelevant text removed>
Your avi is goddamn brilliant.

Kudos.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I just got destroyed by a Mii Gunner because how the hell does Mii Gunner work? =V

There goes my win streak.
If you ever want practice against Mii Gunner (or any of the miis, really), we can play each other some time. I think I'm decent enough with them.:dr^_^: (Not now though family has invaded my house. :dr-_-:)

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@ Berserker. Berserker. make a tall swordfighter, make him to F-smash, and realize you are not allowed to call him butter knife fighter

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
brb crying that they changed Dedede's bair during the transition of brawl to ssb4. I need the kick back. :'(

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Link and Lucario already got nerfed, though.
They needed more because people are dumb. Anyway, if you're a Shulk main, I recommend not going to the Character Competitive Impressions thread right now.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
lol wow..
I know patches are meant to be good, but some people bought both the 3DS copy + Wii U early for DLC codes assuming that was the only method to play him.

Not gonna lie,
I'd be pretty bummed if the only character I cared for was downgraded instantly after a half-year wait.
I'll probably end up not caring again until King K. gets released in 2017. It's not cool having nobody to enjoy using :I

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Pac-ManHeadSSB4-U.png
needs to be on SWF asap. It could be the ultimate sarcastic emote and I need it in my life.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It's not cool having nobody to enjoy using :I
We share the same opinion.
I only use :4zelda:because of her purple costume, but I'd be lying if I said she's fun to play.

Tolerable? Yes. Fun? Borderline.
Of course if/once:wolf:returns I'll be golden.

King K. Rool would be a guaranteed secondary for me if he makes it in though.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Hero mode, ****. I have 8 hearts and everything in Lorule kills me in 2 hits.

Last edited:
Top Bottom