• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
^ Tbh it won't be that hard as the next highest vet social post level is like, 35 pages lol. We are really killing the competition with FW elevator.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Orbital Gate Assault is the worst stage ever

I just fell through an arwing randomly

And lost my massive pummel inflated high score for All Star Mode.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY ON ORBITAL GATE ASSAULT BUT WE WORKED SO HARD ON IT"

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
no amount of pretty scenery can save that stage

I reeeally hate it
It's Zelda's worst nightmare

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Reminds me of how Rainbow Cruise was a legal stage back then.

Never, ever, ever Rainbow Cruise with Zelda.

NEVER.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Aiight guys, I just got a score of 4,198,200 with Shulk in All Star mode

praise me

My closest was Lucina at 2,718,900

the GSP of the two is 303,372 for Lucina and 307,223 for Shulk, so my score must be one of the highest in the world right now.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I can't really fathom how Zelda can be considered high tier by top players. This means she can compete with Rosalina, Ness, Fox, Sonic, Pikachu, and Diddy reasonably well. Um, and if Zelda is winning these matchups in complete sets under 5 minutes, that really says something about the opponent.

The only reason why Zelda ever takes stocks against those characters is because of FW. One hugely risky move making Zelda high tier is ridiculous.

I'll change my mind when Zelda starts winning Grand Finals with no other characters being used.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Depends a lot on the MU. I wouldn't take Marth to Battlefield, as an example. I'd argue a lot of MUs for Zelda are a lot worse if you take them to Battlefield.

In general, Smashville's my go-to. Maybe Town and City, but I haven't played nor experimented on that stage enough to know some tricks and stuff about it.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Town and City's platforms are too high, circle camping is incredibly easy on it for characters like Wario and Sonic.

If 5 stage starter is what you want BF, FD, SV, Duck Hunt and Lylat would be the main ones to pick.

If 3 stage starter (my preference) then BF/FD/SV with a whole bunch of counterpicks imo

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I definitely prefer a 3 stage starter list too, but blergh. Just the thought of Lylat Cruise brings back Brawl nightmares when trying to recover with Zelda on that stage. AWFUL.

Haven't played on Duck Hunt much so IDK how it's like.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Had a chat with somebody last night. Seems like a lot of Zeldas are so used to blind aggressiveness on For Glory that we don't really know how to deal with campy players.

This might even explain the burst of activity here.

I love Lylat and Rainbow Cruise. Lylat reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HJOg-nlRM4, and that vid reminded me about air dodge to bair (final KO).

@ Alacion Alacion i need to win a tournament now using zelda the whole time with replays because of you
Well you did it once. You beat a good Melee player too apparently.

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I played chillin once but he beat me. If only I teched that stage spike.

Anyways its hard for me to get to tournaments since there aren't many tournaments in springfield Virginia. Also I'm 13 so I can't drive. Do any of you guys kno any TOs around me.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Had a chat with somebody last night. Seems like a lot of Zeldas are so used to blind aggressiveness on For Glory that we don't really know how to deal with campy players.
Yeah, campy players are annoying. I just faced a Link who I two-stocked for four straight matches until he went "F**k it" and started camping on the fifth match.

This guy actually knew how to shield too, so that made approaching him a bit problematic. I beat him on both the fifth and sixth matches, but he took one stock on each of them. Which made me feel like crap, because he was a total scrub.

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
Eh, other than a faster Din's and Phantom, I'm not to particular about the specials. If anything, not having specials helps us out by protecting us from the insane custom sets that exist for others.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

This might even explain the burst of activity here.
i guess i'm just the lucky hoe to almost always run into campers unless its some fast foot person like Falcon. >.>

Zelda really does not have enough reward to warrant all these risk she has to take. sometimes i feel like i can't make a single miniscule mistake or its the end of my advantage...like i feel like she might have always been this way, but now some slight luxuries (brawl usmash range) are gone and all we have as a luxury is free ledge grab if they don't know how to go off stage.

like i was fighting this link in wii u roll glory and it felt like it took everything i had just to land a hit let alone hold an advantage. you almost need a secondary as Zelda just for a break from the extremely hard work you have to put in against....like alot of characters.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer I just had master core fall out of Fsmash 3/5 times on the wii u, i was at a lost for words.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
yeah i dont think we'll have customs in further tournaments, i think the game is actually better this way

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Eh, other than a faster Din's and Phantom, I'm not to particular about the specials. If anything, not having specials helps us out by protecting us from the insane custom sets that exist for others.
This

Villager's Sapling of Destroying Approaches is especially ridiculous. We don't need to deal with that stuff

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ftilt is fast. I still like it against aerials. I used it a ton in brawl so old habits die hard lol.
I use it a lot too. My preferred move after a dtilt as well. Also running to reverse ftilt can be helpful in some situations (that's the pivot I guess).

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
^ Just discovered the w word ain't censored? :3

it is

but if you remove the e and put a ish there it isnt

Edit: Ftilt is one of the few moves in the game that didn't get a range reduction (disregarding the ******** blind spot it has on it)

Its the same speed as brawl and a bit weaker tho

Last edited:

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
I played against a very good Falcon tonight and I managed to win the majority of the matches played. You know what sucks trading f smashes against Falcon. He gets the full damage of his attack while I get some.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
ffs all star with wft is HORRIBLE

Edit: I DID IT

**** YOU GAME

LETS STRETCH OUR LEGS

Last edited:
Top Bottom