• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
fuujin im surprised youre staying with this character, shell be bottom tier with ganon at this rate

EOE

Smash Apprentice
lol I would but this one isn't banned so far!
Is there anyway to save replays on the 3ds?
I haven't even tried.
Press A then Y at the results screen.

And yeah, fast Din's and Phantom Breaker is what I will use if customs are legal.

I considered Nayru's Passion, but the original is better. Also her Up-B customs are just awful (not that she needed them).

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
lol I would but this one isn't banned so far!

I didn't bother unlocking the slow Din's, seriously the fast is AMAZING in terms of what Zelda needed.
It can't go very verticle but that's what jumping is for!
Now that I've gotten better at using it, it is the only one I will be using for this character.
I might use the normal in doubles though.

You can easily unlock it with a couple of runs of smash run.

It forces an approach, I'm so happy,

Is there anyway to save replays on the 3ds?
I haven't even tried.
Now I have some motivation to get those customs! Still haven't tried out Smash Run. I should do that....like now.

To save replays you just have to push A until you get to the menu that has all the battle stats (ledge grabs, SDs, launch speed, etc) then hit...Y? Or maybe X. It says it somewhere on the bottom screen in tiny letters. Had trouble finding it myself at first.

Oh and I FINALLY GOT GIF'D BY FUJIN.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Completely unrelated notes but...

1. Fighting against Bowser Jr. is a pain in the a***
2. FW Cancelling the platforms of BF is another pain in the a***

Yuniverse

Smash Cadet
Hi , im a new zelda, and I had scrub question to ask you guys.

How does everyone feel about the new edge guarding mechanics when it comes to zelda. Because every time I lightning kick someone at like the 100s, or fsmash a dodge they live forever since I cant grab the ledge, and its really bugging me. If anyone has any suggestions for me on this problem I've been having I would like to hear their feedback

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's good. Brawl Zelda literally died the moment she went offstage.

She probably still would if they didn't change it.

micstar615

Smash Ace
The circle pad makes me want to chuck my limited edition pokemon x 3ds XL at the wall. I was playing against a Ganondorf and was beating him and the only way I died was due to Farore's Wind not going where I wanted to go

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Little Mac and Greninja are definitely my hardest matchups as well. Though Sheik can also be an issue. She's not quite as bad as the other two though, imo. It doesn't help that online is populated by like 60% Little Macs it seems >_>

Definitely starting to feel the dsmash range nerf too, unfortunately.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, after losing to a Sheik today I've definitely noticed that as usual, Zelda is weak to her own defensive playstyle.

It's really hard when she has nothing to really pressure people with from that neutral setting and if they play the waiting game. Ergh, if only Phantom had a saveable charge + was default Shield Breaker type. That would genuinely be something to worry about.

For now, hmm... In that situation where you're up against someone faster than Zelda playing defense, you gotta either have crazy reads or bait mistakes, but it's all very risky as usual. Or switching character is also another thing-!

This particular Sheik player -loved- to footstool me when I tried to recover low too (usually ending in a KO too) so that was kind of a surprise shocker haha. But it was quite smart really, I can't be mad about it because of that!

Surprisingly I did win 2/3 against him, but he left before I could play anymore. It was getting really interesting too... I would have loved to practice!

What to do, what to do?

Edit:

Mother of bloody pearl. They seriously did not want Zelda to have any low lag aerials upon landing.

Nair 22
Fair 23
Bair 25
Uair 22
Dair 21
Airdodge 22
(Taken from http://i.imgur.com/t80TyRa.png)

I can understand the sweetspot ones (sort of) but... 22 for her nair though? Really? These are all pretty horrible, goodness.

I kind of want to see how she feels with that "smooth landing" trait with equipment (basically reduces landing lag on all aerials. There's a video of it on youtube). I definitely did feel the laggyness from all of 'em though from eyeballing it before. S'just shocking to see the concrete numbers.

Last edited:

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
The circle pad makes me want to chuck my limited edition pokemon x 3ds XL at the wall. I was playing against a Ganondorf and was beating him and the only way I died was due to Farore's Wind not going where I wanted to go

Aw sis, you will get him next time.

Add me guys, I would love to play Zelda's (and others) with you all. :)

3583-0066-3134

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'll add you when I finally get out of school. My friend code is visible on my profile thing (I think).
<<<<<<

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
Mine is 4527-8419-1586. Though I warn that my online experience has been laggy lately.... still if anyone wants to play, add me.

Upke

Smash Journeyman
How do y'all try to swag when you know you're gonna win? I usually go for hard reads with the double hit Farore's Wind. My favourite was a Ness at 140% who landed in front of me with a fair, and I knew he was going to roll back, so I ran next to him while he was rolling and caught the ending with the Farore's. Feels good.
I also like waiting for characters to use laggy projectiles, or charge them like Sheik's needles, then just FWing straight at them from the ground.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Feel free to add me. My FC is :
<----------

I enjoy Zelda dittos. :3
Just lemme know if you add me, so I can add you back.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
How do y'all try to swag when you know you're gonna win? I usually go for hard reads with the double hit Farore's Wind. My favourite was a Ness at 140% who landed in front of me with a fair, and I knew he was going to roll back, so I ran next to him while he was rolling and caught the ending with the Farore's. Feels good.
I also like waiting for characters to use laggy projectiles, or charge them like Sheik's needles, then just FWing straight at them from the ground.
If I want to be fancy I'll usually try to end it with a kick, Farore's, or Phantom (for the lols).

EDIT: Added everyone who gave their code.

Last edited:

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Added everyone, officially friends. :)

Feel free to add me. My FC is :
<----------

I enjoy Zelda dittos. :3
Just lemme know if you add me, so I can add you back.
Please add me back.
3583-0066-3134

Anyone else can too if they have not yet.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Hey! Officially added everyone that gave a code, I think. Anyone up for some matches now, or? Zelda dittos, other characters, whatever!

Edit: feel kinda stupid just noticing this, but I think that utilt got a bit of a damage buff from E3 build to final. Wasn't it only 5 in E3 build? It's 7 now. UNLESS I'm just crazy and/or stupid. Which is...
definitely possible.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
My FC is: 4382-2074-8067

I am NOT the best player and am looking to have fun matches with a competitive mindset, mostly for experience. I'll be using a wide variety of characters. I mostly am looking to get better and look forward to having fun matches with people here. If any of you are interested please let me know and I'll add you ASAP. Feel free to send me a pm anytime u guys want to play :)

@ Toadallstar2 Toadallstar2 I've added you my fellow xtina stan

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
My FC is: 4382-2074-8067

I am NOT the best player and am looking to have fun matches with a competitive mindset, mostly for experience. I'll be using a wide variety of characters. I mostly am looking to get better and look forward to having fun matches with people here. If any of you are interested please let me know and I'll add you ASAP. Feel free to send me a pm anytime u guys want to play :)

@ Toadallstar2 Toadallstar2 I've added you my fellow xtina stan
Added you!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ Novice_Brave Novice_Brave Apologies for not letting you into my friend room earlier. The person I was playing with just got the game, and wanted to play with people they knew first. We could play tomorrow, if you want.

http://youtu.be/-LAf7A-2o14

That is a pretty stylin' KO.
Stylin' indeed. If only it had been sweetspotted though...would've been even funnier/cooler. :laugh:

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
@ Novice_Brave Novice_Brave Apologies for not letting you into my friend room earlier. The person I was playing with just got the game, and wanted to play with people they knew first. We could play tomorrow, if you want.

Stylin' indeed. If only it had been sweetspotted though...would've been even funnier/cooler. :laugh:
Haha, no worries at all :)

That was an awesome KO. I'm never gonna pull it off, but awesome nonetheless xD

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965

Was playing around with custom moves earlier and Farore's Windfall is actually a pretty nifty alternative to Farore's Wind. I think a lot of people are underestimating it because of how amazing Farore's Wind is by default. This move definitely has potential.

Pros:
  • Extremely early gimp potential. Can kill most of the cast at very low percents.
  • Puts a lot of pressure on anyone offstage on how they choose to recover. This can set up a Dair if they start recovering low to avoid the meteor.
  • This move has horizontal movement after the teleport so it is actually pretty safe to use offstage.
  • Decent out of shield option.
  • Satisfying to watch people try to recover :)
Cons:
  • Lose the ability to punish from long distance with Farore's.
  • Lose the mobility from Farore's Wind.
  • This move only snaps to the ledge if it travels the max distance upwards. It will spike anyone near the ledge into the stage though so that can be fun.
  • It only travels in one direction so it can be predictable if you use it a lot.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
It has a set knockback from 0% to around 25% It has enough power to launch anyone hit back into the stage at 0%. The move does not combo into itself until 26%(may change based on weight I am using Lucina as an example atm) and it starts getting stronger at this percent also. At 50% this move gimps Lucina using it on the edge of the stage. Pretty powerful gimping move. It is a little hard to explain so I may just make a video to show. Recording with my Ipad and you cant save training videos so this may be a little difficult to record though lol.

Edit: Video is up! I had to sit in a super awkward position to record and play at the same time so if I sound uncomfortable it's because I was lol.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace

Was playing around with custom moves earlier and Farore's Windfall is actually a pretty nifty alternative to Farore's Wind. I think a lot of people are underestimating it because of how amazing Farore's Wind is by default. This move definitely has potential.

Pros:
  • Extremely early gimp potential. Can kill most of the cast at very low percents.
  • Puts a lot of pressure on anyone offstage on how they choose to recover. This can set up a Dair if they start recovering low to avoid the meteor.
  • This move has horizontal movement after the teleport so it is actually pretty safe to use offstage.
  • Decent out of shield option.
  • Satisfying to watch people try to recover :)
Cons:
  • Lose the ability to punish from long distance with Farore's.
  • Lose the mobility from Farore's Wind.
  • This move only snaps to the ledge if it travels the max distance upwards. It will spike anyone near the ledge into the stage though so that can be fun.
  • It only travels in one direction so it can be predictable if you use it a lot.
I agree, we shouldn't shoot down the alternate moves just yet. It wouldn't a bad idea (as in we really should) to try to see which moves would work on which characters and make 'builds' for certain match-ups. Just sayin'.
It has a set knockback from 0% to around 25% It has enough power to launch anyone hit back into the stage at 0%. The move does not combo into itself until 26%(may change based on weight I am using Lucina as an example atm) and it starts getting stronger at this percent also. At 50% this move gimps Lucina using it on the edge of the stage. Pretty powerful gimping move. It is a little hard to explain so I may just make a video to show. Recording with my Ipad and you cant save training videos so this may be a little difficult to record though lol.

Edit: Video is up! I had to sit in a super awkward position to record and play at the same time so if I sound uncomfortable it's because I was lol.
It seems a little awkward, what if you miss the second hit? Than you're pretty much in free fall but they're not. Does it automatically go to the second hit?
One more thing, I don't think it would work well in team games or more than one person mostly because you're vulnerable on the fall. You're depending on you're opponent being caught up in the spike. So it's powerful but high-risk. Thanks for the video by the way!

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I was using Rosalina and I can't help but notice how super useful Luma is compared to the Phantom. The freedom is mesmerizing. Luma is everything the Phantom wishes it was and is exactly what Zelda needs.

I'll just stare in envy forever at this new phony witch, I guess. Or pick up Rosalina myself.

Lemonitis

Smash Rookie
I love the crap out of Zelda's white outfit. It's like she's in a wedding dress or something.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
You can't understand the happiness of seeing characters like Zero Suit Samus or Sheik rage-quitting (suicide right after the first stock) until it happens before your eyes.

Last edited:

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I was using Rosalina and I can't help but notice how super useful Luma is compared to the Phantom. The freedom is mesmerizing. Luma is everything the Phantom wishes it was and is exactly what Zelda needs.

I'll just stare in envy forever at this new phony witch, I guess. Or pick up Rosalina myself.
I'm just glad Zelda got Phantom because it's still a very useful move, or at least appears to be.

Top Bottom