• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I definitely remember. I used to play the ever-loving life out of BBrawl.

Honestly, much as I love the queen, I am skeptical about her tier placement once again. I just can't see her being competitive without changing at least one of her specials hugely, like BBrawl's sliding Nayru and PM's minefield Din. I'm fairly sure Sakurai won't change her too much, so unless he really goes all out in buffing her (which I think he's afraid to do) and Phantom Slash turns out to be incredibly helpful, I see her being low tier once again.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Pretty sure that only cutting down some lag and not having half of her Specials making her freefall, she'll do fine. Not top, but not dead bottom again....

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Note, we still have NEVER seen Nayru. I'm still curious if maybe the move is getting redesigned.

Also, with custom specials, there HAS to be a version of Din's with no free fall amirite? *Goes back to prayer circle for no freefall*

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Oh yeah, I definitely remember. I used to play the ever-loving life out of BBrawl.

Honestly, much as I love the queen, I am skeptical about her tier placement once again. I just can't see her being competitive without changing at least one of her specials hugely, like BBrawl's sliding Nayru and PM's minefield Din. I'm fairly sure Sakurai won't change her too much, so unless he really goes all out in buffing her (which I think he's afraid to do) and Phantom Slash turns out to be incredibly helpful, I see her being low tier once again.
Yeah I'm really not expecting anything too amazing for Queen, but at least buff her to an amount where she isn't among the weakest. She has some great strong points but they're nothing compared to the weaknesses. Let's hope that changes.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I dunno, she's just so fundamentally flawed that I'm pessimistic at this point. That coupled with her infamous status as a skill gate character makes me fully expect Sakurai to overestimate her abilities, once again.
But enough of that.

What do you guys think about the Phantom?
I ask because I haven't seen much discussion about it. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

I think this can be the tool she needs to force approaches. People have always said she needs a tool to approach (again, sliding Nayru's, for example) or a tool to force approach (mines!). This may be Sakurai's answer to that, and I'm very excited for the possibilities.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, I can't wait to see what they incorporate into Zelda via move-set customization. Maybe we can actually have sliding Nayrus and mine Dins in Smash 4? We might even get a variation of the move that is closer to the game (giant Dins of Fire or barrier Nayru).

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, she's just so fundamentally flawed that I'm pessimistic at this point.
I don't think Zelda is "fundamentally" flawed. Project M managed to make Zelda viable without a complete overhaul, and that's just one of many ways Zelda can be balanced to be competitive. If they sped Zelda up in Brawl, made her sweet spots easier to land, and made it so her opponents could not SDI out of her multi-hit attacks, she would be in pretty good fighting shape while still being fundamentally the same.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, Zelda seems to be a lot more mobile in Smash 4. Just have to bring back Melee's sweetspots (seriously, Zelda and Falcon suffered from this) and she would not be bad at all.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, Zelda seems to be a lot more mobile in Smash 4. Just have to bring back Melee's sweetspots (seriously, Zelda and Falcon suffered from this) and she would not be bad at all.
I agree with that sentiment; however, I would add what L2 Sentinel was alluding to, you shouldn't be able to DI out of the multi-hit attacks.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Just a note, it's not DI'ing out of her multi hits, it's SDI'ing (Smash DI) It involves the use of the yellow control stick AND the gray control stick on a GC controller.

Fun fact: In brawl, Zelda's NAir in fact, CANNOT be SDIed, as its SDI multiplier is set at 'x0'
(Fsmash is set to 'x0.5', and Usmash is set at 'x0.1'. Jab actually has no SDI multiplier reductions.)

The Last Fujin

Banned via Warnings
Honestly, I can't wait to see what they incorporate into Zelda via move-set customization. Maybe we can actually have sliding Nayrus and mine Dins in Smash 4? We might even get a variation of the move that is closer to the game (giant Dins of Fire or barrier Nayru).
Why anyone ever thought SLIDING NAYRU'S LOVE was a cool/neat/appropriate ideal is beyond me.

Who even came up with that and why?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Bowser's Fortress (upB) is a great move in a large way because it slides. I can see a Nayru's that slides being useful.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, not sliding, but a holdable Nayru's love that allows you to move freely would be ultra-neat, and also closer to the OoT spell.

The Last Fujin

Banned via Warnings
Well yes, but I guess if we were going that close to the game Din's Wouldn't be a projectile.

And Farore's would work all weird

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
On another topic, even though it's only a small, toonish artwork, It looks like I already love Zelda's design in Hyrule Warriors.

TP braid, but OoT/WW "lightning" hair, and SS shawl or ALLTP/ALBW cape.

Seeing how good Impa and Shia are, I REALLY want to see her.

Rizen

Smash Legend
BBrawl died too quickly. I wish it hadn't; that was the only mod I would have learned and gotten good at.

Beyond: Two Fujins

Banned via Warnings
To be fair, I was one of the biggest BBrawl advocates when they first started working on it.

I tried to tell them to give her a better way to force approaches (din's fire buff)

Then they were looking for ways to make characters cool and sort of lost sight of their original goals.
giving fox 2 side b uses in the air???? among other unneeded things

then they were all

Hurr durr Zelda needs an approach lets make nayrus love slide!!1!

I gave up on them after that

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
BBrawl had the misfortune to be outshined by B- when it was out, B- was wild and everyone loved the randomness and "fun" it added.
Soeme people claimed that they saw BBrawl too simple and it didn't offer anything new and so it wasn't too different to play (but that was the whole point), so devs decided that in order to compete they had to add some more radical changes.

I like Fox's because it does pretty much no difference.
I like Bowser's Giga Fsmash.
I like that every top tier is pretty much the same.
Zelda though....

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
For any of y'all watchin' the E3 in a moment, I dub this the place all us SSB4 Zeldas go to talk of it.

Zeldahype!!!!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Edit, my bad. I thought this was the Zelda general discussion and the the SSB4 discussion.

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
completely off topic, but I hope we get new faces in here :D. Le family must grow

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
completely off topic, but I hope we get new faces in here :D. Le family must grow
I can post more, but the few times I did I'm often ignored lol.
But yes, lol hello.

I am so pumped after seeing some Zelda vids. Shame most of them weren't so good... But no one is yet.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I can post more, but the few times I did I'm often ignored lol.
But yes, lol hello.

I am so pumped after seeing some Zelda vids. Shame most of them weren't so good... But no one is yet.
Hello and Welcome :D don't feel ignored XD

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Is it just me or does Zelda seem more lighter? Don't know if that's the correct word. She seems to just be floating. She seems looser and more wobbly or something like that XD

Top Bottom