• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
All it takes is to do it once. I finished day 2 of my Pikmin 3 run finally. Now I'm on to day 3 and I forgot how much I am supposed to get done in one day... and how to do it.

Also, I've been playing the ladder to get used to my new pro controller. I just got timed out by a Ness because he camped the Duck Hunt tree. I was so surprised... so I ran it back and almost timed him out (won). PKT is... really annoying. Other than that, I found 2 Sheiks that reminded me how annoying and abusive the character is. >.> Did you know needles lead to a tech chase sweetspot usmash on platforms? I do now. I also now know that poor DI on her throws lead to bouncing fish death grab combos. Hoo Ha.

On another note, Lylat is a terrible stage. The engines are really annoying. I got a jab lock out of my opponent edge slipping on the engine. While I know it's predictable, it's a pretty annoying and bad stage hazard.

Seeing that we're on 994... I'll probably be at my tournament for the 1000th page. So, go crazy.
Yeah, needle platform tech chases are really dumb. Rosalina can also be hit by sweetspot usmash while standing, I died at 80% to that yesterday...
If I'm not mistaken, fthrow>Bouncing Fish is actually guaranteed regardless of DI at certain percents. I'm not well-read on Sheik's throw options though.

Apparently it's possible to fall through Lylat's floor because it's basically three "connected" platforms with small gaps. I still haven't gotten to play on Wii U and didn't think the tilting sounded like a big deal, but holes in the floor and "random" edge slipping sound really awful.

Breeding HP types is the bane of my existence

In 5th gen I was trying to get HP Fire on my Lilligant and eventually I just was so done that I gave up and settled for HP Water lol
Preach, gorl

...I should actually make Dittos with Hidden Power IVs too just in case. Breeding HP Fire Lilligant was a month-long chore that still ended with godawful IVs (and I think I actually just settled for HP Rock instead, since it worked as a Talonflame lure at least...) and I eventually just ended up getting a cloned 31/30/31/30/31/30 shiny one from someone back in the Pokecheck days.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I fought a Sheik yesterday that did Bouncing Fish off Luma then Bouncing Fished Rosalina on the rebound, does that count?

The Jellyfish custom amusingly combos into itself once when initiated on a grounded opponent.
ugh should have never even mentioned it

man this gif could be good for a lot of things

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Don't feel like HP Grass is that good. A lot of Pokes get Grass Knot.

My favourite VGC pairing (seriously, try this):

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I love :139: and it needs HP Grass to beat Water Absorb pokes. I can't think of anything else I'd use it on offhand, though.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Just don't use Omastar against grass types. What viable ones are there anyway? Amoonguss, Venusaur, Virizion?

Speaking of Water Absorb, my favourite Pokemon abilities may very well be Lightning Rod and Storm Drain.

Soul.

Okay, made Ice/Fire/Grass/Rock/Ground/Fighting HP Dittos. I don't think any other HP types are used aside from those on breedable things? (I've only heard of HP Flying/Electric on legendaries) Will make sure to make duplicates.

I feel like there are other things I forgot to make, but...

I fought a Sheik yesterday that did Bouncing Fish off Luma then Bouncing Fished Rosalina on the rebound, does that count?

The Jellyfish custom amusingly combos into itself once when initiated on a grounded opponent.
Make whatever you want so long as the Ditto are done
jk jk
Don't feel like HP Grass is that good. A lot of Pokes get Grass Knot.

My favourite VGC pairing (seriously, try this):

Where did you get these GIFs lol
Grass Knot is pretty situational; on VGC it's only used for Gastrodon and heavy Pokémon but you don't see them a lot. Hidden Power would be good if its BP went back to 70

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I fixed it for you.

Really though, one of the great and infuriating things about Majora's Mask is that the only backstory you really get relates to the characters (and the moon falling but that just is for the plot). And, while it's pretty minor, they do such a great job at having you help their lives that you end up caring for them. The whole region of Termina, though? It's a big enigma. We don't even know where it is or if it's some parallel version of Hyrule. We don't know the source of Majora's Mask or what it really is.

Ikana has so much potential with history about how it apparently went from a great kingdom to a literal cursed, ghost land and we never get to see any of it.

I know the game borrows a lot from Ocarina of Time, but the developers did a phenomenal job at world building that it honestly feels like one of the best Zelda games.
The only thing that MM borrows from OoT are graphics, hahaha. Seriously, it's such a great game, and like you said, it really leaves you in awe and wanting to know SO MUCH MORE about everything in Termina. But yeah, most specially Ikana is such a mysterious and interesting place. The whole war between Ikana and the Garo has always been one of the most interesting things in the game for me, and it's made even more poignant when you talk to Captain Keeta and obtain the Captain's Hat. The moment Link salutes and lets his soul rest was the moment Ikana became my favorite video game location ever. It's meant to be creepy, but as you walk in Link's shoes and start seeing beyond the death and curses plaguing the land, you realize it's the saddest, most nostalgic place in the world. It turns the whole concept of the "creepy place with undeads" (Shadow Temple anyone?) that's all over adventure video games upside down and actually makes you care for the regrets of the lingering spirits.

TL;DR SO GOOD MAN.

Yeah, on a serious note Ness is really good right now, it's the first time he ever has been and Bthrow is an essential part of his character, so if they changed it I would be a little miffed.

But something tells me Ness will be okay. As strong as he sounds on paper (seriously, a midweight with more killpower than a truck, a small body frame and ludicrously fast aerials, safe DA if spaced and hectic grab game just sounds so OP on paper), Ness' weaknesses in mobility and recovery I think are enough to hold him back from any real nerfs. He's not like Greninja where he has weird exploits that weren't intended (I believe wall-bounce double PKT was intended as it wasn't in Brawl so they had to have written the code in somehow); and he's not top 5 on the Japanese tier lists or the western tier lists (like, the ones everyone make), so I'm hoping they'll let him be. If anything I kinda want a buff to Dair, then that move would actually be usable! :laugh:
Yeah I actually think he's a bit of a "quality bar" in terms of character viability. He's got really big strengths, but also has really abusable flaws as well. And yes, the PKT bounce was intentional, I remember reading it in one of those in-game tips.

Tbh I think Dair is fine as it is. Sure, it's not incredibly useful (even though I've actually gotten a surprising amount of kills by trapping people in aerial PK Fires and spiking them), but meteors in this game are WAY too strong thanks to meteor cancelling being gone, and to be honest everyone's meteors got nerfed really hard from Brawl to Sm4sh save for Zelda's, which is the only one that was actually buffed in the transition.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Just don't use Omastar against grass types. What viable ones are there anyway? Amoonguss, Venusaur, Virizion?

Speaking of Water Absorb, my favourite Pokemon abilities may very well be Lightning Rod and Storm Drain.
HP Grass wouldn't be for Grass types :V Water Absorb stuff would mainly be, like, Jellicent/Vaporeon/Mantine, rare as any of them may be. Omastar's gameplan is just "Hydro Pump everything unless Ice Beam hits it harder or it's water immune" anyway, it's not like there's anything better to put in the moveslot.

Real talk though Omastar's rain-boosted specs Hydro Pump is bonkers. Can't even switch a goddamn M-Venusaur into it safely:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Omastar Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur in Rain: 174-205 (47.8 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I guess I should note I'm only talking singles though, I never got into doubles. That may or may not change at some point.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Are we talking about Pokemon again ?

If so I have story to tell.

I first discovered Pokemon when I was about the age of 8. Back then I've only bought the Pokemon cards. Believe it or not the two packs I bought had a Rayquaza EX and Latias EX. Back then, I didn't know the games exist or these cards are somewhat valuable.

Fast forward a couple years later, I stumbled upon a let's play of Pokemon Diamond on Youtube. I was surprised that Pokemon games existed. Unfortunately, my family wasn't able to afford a DS or a copy of the game. However, my interest of learning this game increased. I started to memorize the type chart and learn some of the competitive aspects of Pokemon like EV/IV.

I even started to invent a way to play Pokemon with my hands with some of my friends at school. It was great. I spent hours researching about Pokemon team building on sites like Serebii, Marriland and of course Bulbapedia.

Fast forward to about a year ago from today, my parents managed to purchase a 3DS and a copy of Pokemon X. It was my first Pokemon game. Because of all the knowledge I've gathered over the years keeping a close eye to the games and it's competitive scene, I played through the game like a breeze.

My impressions of the game is that it's really good. I know a lot of people felt like the game was lacking but I enjoyed it either way.
Thanks for reading through my story.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah, but I don't care what's considered good. I just use what I like and make it work.
In Singles, I loved Assault Vest Kecleon. Chesto-resto DD Harvest Tropius was lol. Also loved the hell out of stall.

Soul.

Singles used to be the **** (see: good) back in Gen 4. Best meta ever.
Gen 6 is better in Doubles though. Gen 5 maybe; Gems were a good addition to the games. They were good if you didn't know any other item. Normal Gem Hitmontop (Technician Fake Out), Rock Gem Terrakion (Rock Slide/Stone Miss) and Dragon Gem Latios (Draco Meteor) were... uh, good.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Agreed, I remember coming home every day from school to grind elo on Shoddy Battle in gen 4.

Last edited:

Soul.

Shoddy was pretty good from what I have heard. Never tried it out.
Pokémon Online is alright. Showdown is okay. When I say okay, I mean the ladder is ****.

Soul.

Gen 4 was so good nobody plays it now. Gen 6 is the norm.
Gen 4's VGC was hilarious af. Ubers were allowed.

Playing Guitar Hero 2 on expert mode on a gamepad

I miss my Guitar controller :|

I'm doing okay. Sort of. My wrists are dead

That's like playing UMvC3 with a normal controller.
I play using the PS3 controller also. It's alright. I guess :awesome:

****, all these songs in Guitar Hero II are amazing. This game was responsible for introducing me to many songs. My fingers are tired but I love it

Also, I played Pikachu a lot today. ****, he's fun but I hate his voice. Adding him to my list of secondaries despite this. It sucks that he might get nerfed but who knows?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Yeah. We got till Wednesday for the patch and Mewtwo. So not that long now. Hopefully I see Diddy, Sheik nerfed while Zelda, Lucina and Shulk get some buffs. (I'm perfectly fine with how Bowser is.)

Also, we're near 1k Pages! We'll need to celebrate this soon!

(And good morning girls. How's everyone doing this fine Sunday? :4zelda:)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'd like to see him recieve some buffs too. Maybe a little less end lag on his DAir?

At least it ain't Through The Fire And Flames by Dragonforce. YET.
I'm playing Guitar Hero II. Guitar Hero III was alright.

Also, I want Ganondorf's d-air to AC easily (just like in Brawl). Give him a substantial mobility boost. THEN, we're golden

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Forget ****ing Diddy.

I WANT THE EVERLIVING SH*T NERFED OUT OF F*CKING FOX.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'd like to see him recieve some buffs too. Maybe a little less end lag on his DAir?

At least it ain't Through The Fire And Flames by Dragonforce. YET.

I'm playing Guitar Hero II. Guitar Hero III was alright.

Also, I want Ganondorf's d-air to AC easily (just like in Brawl). Give him a substantial mobility boost. THEN, we're golden
Yep, AC Dair and more mobility would be awesome :)

Also, I know this will never happen, but I REALLY want to be able to do a B-reversal on Wizard's Dropkick.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Forget ****ing Diddy.

I WANT THE EVERLIVING SH*T NERFED OUT OF F*CKING FOX.
No way man. I fell in love with Fox already

In all seriousness, I'll be frank. His n-air and jab are ridiculous as ****. He has so much options from a jab and his KO options are ultra solid. Going off-stage with him is suicide though whether he's edgeguarding or recovering. He has a "mediocre approach" but that can be bypassed by doing a baiting playstyle with Fox where he thrives in imo. The damage he gets from any move is insane.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

In all seriousness, I'll be frank. His n-air and jab are ridiculous as ****. He has so much options from a jab and his KO options are ultra solid. Going off-stage with him is suicide though whether he's edgeguarding or recovering. He has a "mediocre approach" but that can be bypassed by doing a baiting playstyle with Fox where he thrives in imo. The damage he gets from any move is insane.
Fox - Jab -> Up Smashing since Smash 64 :^)

Also, I just found out I unlocked all but 3 customs for mah gorl (first time using that term lol) Zelda...

I don't even play Zelda lol :p

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
First Sonic and now this.

Philoz has terrible taste to be fixated in your foot you :^(

What bothers me the most about Fox is the same thing that bothers me about the rest of the fast characters in this game. They have too powerful and reliable killing options. They have no trouble whatsoever dealing damage because they have excellent mobility and combos, and on top of that they have finishers that kill at 70-90% (save Sheik, but she can go so deep that it doesn't really make a difference). Sakurai what the F*CK, that's not how you design characters.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Yeah. We should be glad he isn't his Melee self in this rendition. If he was... Good lord.

Also. I cannot stop listening to this mashup of Mortal Kombat & the DK Rap. ;_;

First Sonic and now this.

Philoz has terrible taste to be fixated in your foot you :^(

What bothers me the most about Fox is the same thing that bothers me about the rest of the fast characters in this game. They have too powerful and reliable killing options. They have no trouble whatsoever dealing damage because they have excellent mobility and combos, and on top of that they have finishers that kill at 70-90% (save Sheik, but she can go so deep that it doesn't really make a difference). Sakurai what the F*CK, that's not how you design characters.
I got bored with Sonic because he wasn't my style. Went Fox because it feels soooo good to use him. I still main Shulk though because like in most fighting games, I need a sword to survive but then again, Fox is fun so yeah :p

Sheik and Diddy's designs are messed up as ****. Fox may need a slight nerf. He only needs a nerf to jab and n-air. That's all Sakurai needs to do. His u-smash probably won't get touched. Ever.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I got bored with Sonic because he wasn't my style. Went Fox because it feels soooo good to use him. I still main Shulk though because like in most fighting games, I need a sword to survive but then again, Fox is fun so yeah :p

Sheik and Diddy's designs are messed up as ****. Fox may need a slight nerf. He only needs a nerf to jab and n-air. That's all Sakurai needs to do His u-smash probably won't get touched. Ever.
:4fox: to me is ew compared to :4falco:

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
They are both disgusting ****ing furries.

I would change Fox's u-smash to be a bit more risky than it is right now. It's not risky enough if you ask me. And maybe make it kill like 15% later. It's super ridiculous, specially with how it confirms from his nair and jab.

Top Bottom