• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Yeah.

It's only really fthrow, no? 12% on a throw is still bonkers though; Wario has the fastest pivot grab and I think dash grab in the game too.

Interesting about the kill percents, I feel like I've died to the bowling ball onstage at 50% several times. I guess rage + Rosalina being a featherweight might add up to that though.
Sent.

Just checked, BThrow is the weakest at 7%. FThrow does 12%, UThrow does 11%, and DThrow does 8%. His Dash Grab is pretty good though.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So guys Wavebounce Aura Sphere charge -> Up-Smash is pretty nuts.

That was my first time facing a Lucario that did that, took a while to adjust to and I ended up losing in the end, but it was pretty fun.

I just feel bad for lagging everything up.

Hm is it bad that I'll be playing him once he's nerfed? Will I get hate? Because I like diddy Kong, but his op status didn't really appeal to me. I'm seriously planning on playing him if he gets nerfed
It's alright to play him whether he's OP or not

Anyone that harasses the player for using a top tier character should feel bad. If anything, you should **** on the character. Not the player

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Diddy's an obnoxious buttpile and I'd hate him even if he was worse than Lucina

tiers are a dumb thing to whine about when everyone has access to the same characters (which is why I'm going to laugh hard if one of the DLC characters end up being #1)

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Diddy's an obnoxious buttpile and I'd hate him even if he was worse than Lucina

tiers are a dumb thing to whine about when everyone has access to the same characters (which is why I'm going to laugh hard if one of the DLC characters end up being #1)
I played DK:C a lot as a kid, and loved Diddy Kong in that game. I find him pretty fun to play in brawl in smash 4, but you know, I hate playing op characters. But yeah, tiers are dumb to whine about, especially this early in the games lifespan. People should worry about getting the meta going really at this point

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I guess I never posted my hopes for the patch
all I want is zelda to be a bit more like this

I HOPE YO FACE DISAPPEARS THIS THURSDAY!

I'm just kidding. <3
you mean like roy

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I HOPE YO FACE DISAPPEARS THIS THURSDAY!

I'm just kidding. <3
It may be tuned down a bit but considering that his powerful BThrow has always been in Smash it's not disappearing completely.

I want rage to disappear but that's not happening.

I've considered doing a taunt tier list if I ever get really bored. It would probably just be by character but it would be interesting to rank all 153 (soon to be 159) taunts.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I don't think Ness's backthrow is disappearing. I actually think it's slightly weaker than it was from Brawl, even :'D. If it does disappear I'll be sad. That back throw is one of the things that's keeping Ness so high in the tier lists.

On a completely unrelated topic, why is everything related to Ikana Kingdom so depressing in Majora's Mask? ;__;

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think I'm actually going to skip recording most of these replays because I'm rewatching and realizing all this stupid crap I do (excessive needless aggression, total lack of GP use even at long range, reading rolls but underestimating roll distance, etc). Might still upload a couple though.

I played DK:C a lot as a kid, and loved Diddy Kong in that game. I find him pretty fun to play in brawl in smash 4, but you know, I hate playing op characters. But yeah, tiers are dumb to whine about, especially this early in the games lifespan. People should worry about getting the meta going really at this point
If I'm being honest, Diddy's my favorite DK character. But, I hate monkeys in general so that isn't saying much...can't deny DKC games were amazing though.

I'm gonna stay up all night. Coffee is a powerful ally for me
Funny thing about coffee, caffeine never makes me feel more awake and warm liquids make me feel sleepy, so I tend to drink it iced in the morning/afternoon and hot at night.

Not to say caffeine does nothing to me though, I feel jittery after two or three cups.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I don't think Ness's backthrow is disappearing. I actually think it's slightly weaker than it was from Brawl, even :'D. If it does disappear I'll be sad. That back throw is one of the things that's keeping Ness so high in the tier lists.

On a completely unrelated topic, why is everything related to Ikana Kingdom so depressing in Majora's Mask? ;__;
because, of what ikana, and majoras mask represents. If you read about the theory of how majoras mask represents the stages of grief (you might've already) it makes more sense

But yeah, majoras mask as a whole is depressing. Yet it's my favorite game, the story is just so unique

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
because, of what ikana, and majoras mask represents. If you read about the theory of how majoras mask represents the stages of grief (you might've already) it makes more sense

But yeah, majoras mask as a whole is depressing. Yet it's my favorite game, the story is just so unique
Oh I mean, I know why Ikana is depressing. I was more lamenting the whole thing because I'm currently playing it on 3DS, hahaha. Majora's Mask is also my favorite game of all :).

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I fixed it for you.

Really though, one of the great and infuriating things about Majora's Mask is that the only backstory you really get relates to the characters (and the moon falling but that just is for the plot). And, while it's pretty minor, they do such a great job at having you help their lives that you end up caring for them. The whole region of Termina, though? It's a big enigma. We don't even know where it is or if it's some parallel version of Hyrule. We don't know the source of Majora's Mask or what it really is.

Ikana has so much potential with history about how it apparently went from a great kingdom to a literal cursed, ghost land and we never get to see any of it.

I know the game borrows a lot from Ocarina of Time, but the developers did a phenomenal job at world building that it honestly feels like one of the best Zelda games.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I'm not and I don't think the other Falco players are. I mean, what do we lose that hasn't been taken from us? Even "buffed", Falco could stay irrelevant like Wario, Peach, Link, Toon Link, Ike, Shulk, Meta Knight, and a bunch of other characters because the spotlight is on Diddy, Sheik, Fox, Captain Falcon, Sonic, and Luigi. ZSS, Rosalina, and Mario aren't even that close since they're not that easy to pick up and play and their hype isn't as strong as the others.
That sounds great to me. I prefer playing a strong character that isn't in the spotlight than one that is. It makes you a rarity and whenever people see you play they will be like "wow this character can do that?!" because of how little the character is played.

Smh everyone with their coffee. Tea is obvi the superior warm drink.
This x1000000!! Coffee is so overrated.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So going through my friend list and looking at all the miis to put into Tomadachi life,

@ Twili Twili

Your mii is just too precious looking. ;_;

:happysheep:

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
alright time for a furret election,
help me pick my new avi (the theme being furret with other pokemon)
tumblr_mf3e6c1rTG1rh1xdfo1_1280.png

tumblr_mmcbwxRD6Y1qdj6r2o1_500.png

072568c427eb96ce5bafda72634d815a.jpg

please tag me or reply to this if you wanna cast your vote

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Furret Furret definitely :162:+:157:

@ Kofu Kofu I'm not seeing your replay, maybe I'm not looking in the right place though...I forgot how I found it last time. :urg: Nothing showing up when I check the replay search on wifi though.

Smh everyone with their coffee. Tea is obvi the superior warm drink.
Tea is good, coffee is better.

Chai, apple cinnamon, and honey lemon are my personal faves.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
AMAZING. Truly now we are three steps ahead of them. Probably more. :awesome:
Also A++ gold, every gorl here is supremely talented :^)
So going through my friend list and looking at all the miis to put into Tomadachi life,

@ Twili Twili

Your mii is just too precious looking. ;_;

!!! You think? :nervous:
I have another mii I use sometimes, with blonde hair, hazel eyes, freckles, and glasses. My red-haired mii is actually what I look like, though. Thank you ~

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm not and I don't think the other Falco players are. I mean, what do we lose that hasn't been taken from us? Even "buffed", Falco could stay irrelevant like Wario, Peach, Link, Toon Link, Ike, Shulk, Meta Knight, and a bunch of other characters because the spotlight is on Diddy, Sheik, Fox, Captain Falcon, Sonic, and Luigi. ZSS, Rosalina, and Mario aren't even that close since they're not that easy to pick up and play and their hype isn't as strong as the others.

Falco could end up having his Dash Attack back to its frame 4 startup, reduced startup on Fair, Dair, and grab; reduced end lag on Up Smash and Blaster; and even make his Bair stronger, but it wouldn't mean anything. He could be nerfed and it would be same because he doesn't have anything extremely exploitable or rewarding like Captain Falcon's (Gentleman) Jab, Fox's Jab cancel, or Luigi's throw game. It's a damned given he won't have his Brawl Blaster much less be able to auto-cancel it like in Melee or Brawl and even with less end lag on Blaster so it would be similar to Luigi's Fireball, it's not something as powerful as Villager's Fair and Bair or Mii Gunner's ludicrous range with Uair and Fair. Falco would have to be able to kill on average at 80% center stage on Hyper Shield Shulk or have extreme disjoints on all of his attacks to cause an upset. Basically, you'd have to break him like in Melee and Brawl and that's not happening.

The best thing is that he becomes a stronger, solid, and fair character; the worst thing is that he becomes weaker and more irrelevant to even low-tier tournaments. The middle ground is that he stays pretty much the same.

I live in Madison and I'm an undergraduate, so... yeah.
Yeah lol I understand, I was going to the Milwaukee tournament tomorrow but dad issues alarm. The 18th I for sure am going to the finally.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh and I guess I should upload this before 1.0.6 bricks it, even though it isn't mine (Mii name is 『』):

@ Locke 06 Locke 06 this is also kind of what I was talking about when I mentioned being clumsy with inputs; my 12k ft was still basically just bat!dthrow>dair rinse repeat, my hands were waaaaaay too clumsy to even come close to replicating this after a week of off-and-on attempts.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Kofu Kofu

tbh one of the best gimps I've ever seen lol, I understand why you wanted this recorded now

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
is aero going to body you?
Nah I think he's too pre-occupied with Waveguider right now to care about lil' ol me. :3

We have versed each other in the past though. =D

Yeah, on a serious note Ness is really good right now, it's the first time he ever has been and Bthrow is an essential part of his character, so if they changed it I would be a little miffed.

But something tells me Ness will be okay. As strong as he sounds on paper (seriously, a midweight with more killpower than a truck, a small body frame and ludicrously fast aerials, safe DA if spaced and hectic grab game just sounds so OP on paper), Ness' weaknesses in mobility and recovery I think are enough to hold him back from any real nerfs. He's not like Greninja where he has weird exploits that weren't intended (I believe wall-bounce double PKT was intended as it wasn't in Brawl so they had to have written the code in somehow); and he's not top 5 on the Japanese tier lists or the western tier lists (like, the ones everyone make), so I'm hoping they'll let him be. If anything I kinda want a buff to Dair, then that move would actually be usable! :laugh:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
@ Kofu Kofu

tbh one of the best gimps I've ever seen lol, I understand why you wanted this recorded now
Thanks!

Wrecked by his own bike, lol. That Pocket toss was on-point. If I'm watching the bubble correctly, it hit him 4 times before he died lol.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Oh and I guess I should upload this before 1.0.6 bricks it, even though it isn't mine (Mii name is 『』):

@ Locke 06 Locke 06 this is also kind of what I was talking about when I mentioned being clumsy with inputs; my 12k ft was still basically just bat!dthrow>dair rinse repeat, my hands were waaaaaay too clumsy to even come close to replicating this after a week of off-and-on attempts.
All it takes is to do it once. I finished day 2 of my Pikmin 3 run finally. Now I'm on to day 3 and I forgot how much I am supposed to get done in one day... and how to do it.

Also, I've been playing the ladder to get used to my new pro controller. I just got timed out by a Ness because he camped the Duck Hunt tree. I was so surprised... so I ran it back and almost timed him out (won). PKT is... really annoying. Other than that, I found 2 Sheiks that reminded me how annoying and abusive the character is. >.> Did you know needles lead to a tech chase sweetspot usmash on platforms? I do now. I also now know that poor DI on her throws lead to bouncing fish death grab combos. Hoo Ha.

On another note, Lylat is a terrible stage. The engines are really annoying. I got a jab lock out of my opponent edge slipping on the engine. While I know it's predictable, it's a pretty annoying and bad stage hazard.

Seeing that we're on 994... I'll probably be at my tournament for the 1000th page. So, go crazy.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Also, I've been playing the ladder to get used to my new pro controller. I just got timed out by a Ness because he camped the Duck Hunt tree. I was so surprised... so I ran it back and almost timed him out (won). PKT is... really annoying. Other than that, I found 2 Sheiks that reminded me how annoying and abusive the character is. >.> Did you know needles lead to a tech chase sweetspot usmash on platforms? I do now. I also now know that poor DI on her throws lead to bouncing fish death grab combos. Hoo Ha.
aerial needles also lead to bouncing fish :D
I wouldn't be surprised if someone finds a combo for bouncing fish into bouncing fish, I wish zelda got a bouncing fish... or anything...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Okay, made Ice/Fire/Grass/Rock/Ground/Fighting HP Dittos. I don't think any other HP types are used aside from those on breedable things? (I've only heard of HP Flying/Electric on legendaries) Will make sure to make duplicates.

I feel like there are other things I forgot to make, but...

I wouldn't be surprised if someone finds a combo for bouncing fish into bouncing fish
I fought a Sheik yesterday that did Bouncing Fish off Luma then Bouncing Fished Rosalina on the rebound, does that count?

The Jellyfish custom amusingly combos into itself once when initiated on a grounded opponent.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Breeding HP types is the bane of my existence

In 5th gen I was trying to get HP Fire on my Lilligant and eventually I just was so done that I gave up and settled for HP Water lol

Top Bottom